Jump to content
    akisar61
  • Author
  • 3,775 Words
  • 2,114 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Two Boys On A Bike - 10. Chapter 10

Part 10

The sound of the alarm shattered his dreams of James and himself. He groaned and mumbled obscenities at the clock stretched his hand out and with a deftly placed slap brought silence to the room. He lay on his back staring at the ceiling trying to recall the wondrous dream he’d been having so he could spend the next few minutes reliving it but to no avail, “Blast!” he exclaimed. Angry that he couldn’t recall the dream he leapt out of bed the front of his shorts sticking out as his morning erection stood proud. He attended to his ablutions quickly dressed then went downstairs to wish his parents and have his breakfast. Later kissing his mother goodbye his father already on his way to work he left for school. As he walked he wondered if he should call James then decided against it, knowing if it were him lying in bed sleeping he wouldn’t want to be disturbed. He entered the park and at once his mind centred on the fun they have on the bike in the park, his thoughts were broken by the buzzing of his mobile. Taking it out he answered it,

“James, what are you doing up so early didn’t think you’d be up till about ten or eleven.”

“Okay, I’m in the park at the moment on my way to school.”

“I’ll come over after I’ve been home and changed.”

“You sure, will your mum allow you?”

“Well let me…….and the phone was snatched from his hand.

“Nice phone I think I’ll keep it what say you.”

“Come on Jenkins give me back my phone I was speaking to someone”

“Was little Patrick talking to mummy then?”

“No it was James King.”

“Oh shit! Sorry Patrick,” the said all concerned, “Here you are, I’m sorry really.”

“Yeah, well you better hang on and have a word with James I’m sure he’ll want to hear your apologies.”

Patrick dialled James’s number. “Hi James.”

“I got cut off by someone who thought it was funny grabbing the phone while I was talking to you, he wants to have a word with you,” and Patrick handed the phone to a subdued Frank Jenkins.

“Uh it’s me James. Frank Jenkins, I’m sorry, I grabbed the phone out of Patrick’s hand as a joke.”

“Okay, see you,” and he handed the phone back to Patrick.

“Okay James I’ll phone you later at lunch time,”

“Alright then during the first break bye,” and he broke the link.

“Shit! I’m really sorry Patrick I…..”

“Forget it Frank, how come you’re going to school this way.”

“I had to go to my cousin’s house to pick up a math book I lent him that I needed for school today.”

“I thought I hadn’t seen you around here before.”

“No I live over the other side of the school, but I did see you and James messing around on the bike sometime back in the park. I was on my way to my cousin’s place.”

“Yeah James and I come through here quite often.”

“If you don’t mind me asking Patrick, what was the crash like did it hurt?”

“I didn’t feel a thing till I woke up in hospital, then they kept me on drugs to ease the pain, so it wasn’t too bad except for that bloody plaster that was just plain evil.”

“Yeah I should think so seeing that you couldn’t bend your leg at all,” looking at his watch Frank swore, “Shit! I guess we’d better hurry or we’ll be late for assembly,” and the two boys increased their pace to get to school on time.

 

He called James during the first break and later during the Lunch break. After school as he made his way home he was joined by Frank.

“Hi Patrick I’m going your way, going to see my cousin.”

“What are you going to lend him this time?”

“Nothing just going to visit, he and I get along really well, you want to come over.”

“No thanks Frank I’m going straight home.”

“Come on Patrick, you’ll really like it we can get to know each other and I’m sure you’ll like my cousin he’s nearly fifteen.”

“Not this time Frank I have to get home we’re expecting visitors.”

“Oh okay next time then.”

“Umm uh I don’t know, actually Frank I don’t think so but that doesn’t mean we can’t be friends.”

“Okay Patrick but anytime you want you can always come over.”

 

They parted company, and Patrick continued on his way home, walking through the front gate seeing the red and silver bike propped up against the wall he broke into a run. Opening the front door and slamming it shut behind him he yelled out, “Muuumm, I’m home, Jaaaaames where are you.”

His mother answered him from the sitting room “We’re here Patrick.”

Kicking his shoes off and dropping his school bag in the hallway he entered the room to see his mother and James on the settee. Walking over to his mother he kissed her then sat down beside James, “Hi you’re early I didn’t expect you till about five.”

“You want me to go and come back later.”

Patrick smiled, “Don’t be sarky,” and he slid his hand along the settee to grasp James’s and squeeze.

“What was all that about Frank Jenkins grabbing your phone James asked?”

“Oh nothing he was just fooling around he didn’t mean anything by it, he even invited me over to join him in a visit to his cousin’s home.”

“So what happened.?”

“Nothing, I said no thanks and came home. Mum I’m going up to my room to change.”

“Alright son.”

“James, you coming as well?”

“Okay, see you later Mrs J.”

The two boys made their way out of the room, Patrick picking his bag up in the hallway before climbing the stairs to his room followed by James. On the stairs James held Patrick’s shoulder checking the smaller boys’ progress, “Specs why didn’t you go with Frank Jenkins?”

Patrick looked into James’s eyes, “Do you really need to ask me that James.”

Seeing the concerned look in the small boy’s eyes James knew that he should never have asked the question, “I’m sorry Specs I…..”

“Shush James lets go to my room, I need to have your arm around me not asking me questions.”

The moment he was inside the room he turned and was encompassed in James’s arms. He stood there his head resting on James chest feeling the pounding of James’s heart as it beat and the strength that emanated from the boy that held him in those strong but so loving arms.

James lowered his head and nudged the smaller boys’ forehead with his chin so that he looked up then brought their lips together. They kissed with a longing that seemed to imply they had only just met after an eternity apart. Their tongues brought untold feelings of sheer joy to their inner selves as they tasted and felt the bliss that they experienced in the kiss.

“James, can you stay the night. I’ve felt miserable not having you near me at school and now you’re here I don’t want you to leave again this evening.”

“Specs, I have to go home I haven’t brought anything with me to wear, and I haven’t seen my dad since he left for work this morning.”

“Oh yeah I suppose you have to think of them as well, anyway you’ll be coming to school tomorrow huh.”

“You bet, I’ll meet you in the park like normal then we can go on together, d’you want to go out for a ride after you’ve changed.”

“No let’s lie here together till it’s time for you to go home.”

They walked over to the bed Patrick taking off his school blazer and shirt to keep just his trousers and vest on. They lay down and at once they came together there bodies totally enmeshed from head to toe. Patrick at once snuggling down into James’s body his head resting just under his chin and inhaling the aroma that exuded from James till it filled his senses. When he felt completely at one with his lover he raised his head and looked into James’s eyes, no words were spoken none were needed as James lowered his head and their lips came together. They didn’t thrash around on the bed with the union of their kiss instead they lay passively letting their tongues unite as the feelings of absolute contentment enveloped their whole beings.

When they broke the kiss as they gazed into each other’s eyes they each knew that no one else could replace the other in their lives, that they were inextricably bound together for the remainder of their existence.

“James.”

“Uh huh.”

“When we are old enough and get the money from the trust fund can we buy a house for ourselves?”

“Um I suppose, but I’m not sure how much money there will be, and how much houses will cost by then.”

“Well we’ll be working won’t we and if you keep doing well in your sports you never know you might become a super star and earn loads of money then we could buy anything couldn’t we.”

“Of course Specs, we can do whatever we want as long as we’re together.”

“Guess what James I had a brilliant dream last night do you want to hear about it?”

“Okay tell me.”

“Well it wasn’t a dream at first I was lying in bed you know like fantasizing about the two of us.”

“Yeah, go on.”

“Well we were on our new bike, but this one could like you know when we had the crash go up in the air, and we could fly really fast. We were flying over schools and all the kids were waving to us and we sort of dive-bombed them and they had to duck. Then we went over the ocean to New York, then to California, and then to Hollywood. Then on our way back we went to Disney World and we had everybody yelling and waving at us as we flew along. Afterwards we went home to your house and we were lying down together then I couldn’t remember anymore I tried but couldn’t.”

“Do you want me to remind you what happened?”

“Huh what d’you mean?”

“We did this,” and he wrapped his arms around his dream-teller and brought their lips together.

 

He stood looking across the park and saw the diminutive figure enter through the gates at the other end. He didn’t need to look closely to know who it was and the moment the figure spied him it waved and started running towards him. As soon as Patrick was within talking distance he stopped running, and out of breath gasped, “Hi James.”

James looked at the smaller boy and smiled, “Specs you don’t have to run every time you see me in the park we’ve got heaps of time we won’t be late for school.”

“Can’t help it James it just happens no idea why.”

“Well take it easy in future there’s no rush come on lets go,” and they made their way to school both glad to be back in the old routine. James’s friends were pleased to see him back at school and Natalie who’d got the hint didn’t approach him during the breaks.

 

At the end of the day they made their way back home and before splitting up to go their separate ways they sat talking on the park bench. Finally they stood and making arrangements to see each other later went on their separate ways to their homes.

James walked a few yards then stopped pulled his mobile phone from his pocket and dialled, “Hi mum.”

“I’ll be a bit late getting home.”

“I’m going to Patrick’s first mum then when he’s changed and seen his mum we can come home.”

“Okay mum bye for now see you.”

He put the phone away turned to see his small friend walking towards the park gates. He broke into a run making sure he ran on the grass so his footsteps wouldn’t be heard on the footpath. When he caught up with Patrick he reached out and stopped him placing a hand on his shoulder. Patrick turned to see James standing there grinning.

“Hi Specs, need some company on your way home.”

Patrick stood looking at the boy that invaded his thoughts every moment of his day. His face broke into a grin to match the one that was looking at him and grabbing James by the hand said, “Let’s go.”

Opening the door and letting James in he slammed it shut behind them yelling, “Muuumm we’re home.”

His mother smiled to herself and couldn’t help wonder at the change to her son in the past few months, she hadn’t seen or heard him so happy since Jeremy’s death. She walked into the hallway to see the two boys removing their school shoes. Seeing his mother Patrick went over to her giving her kiss, James saying, Good afternoon Mrs J.”

“Greeting the boys she asked? If they wanted a snack.

“What’ve you got mum?”

“Go and have a look in the fridge and help yourselves.”

“They didn’t need a second invitation and the boys were soon in the kitchen stuffing their mouths and washing it down with fruit juice. Finished Patrick told his mother he was going to change then go over to James’s house.

“You won’t be too late Patrick you still have to do your homework.”

“I’ll be back in a couple of hours mum, James will bring me back on the bike.”

“Alright, and mind you behave and don’t give James’s mother any trouble.”

They scooted upstairs, inside the room before he started changing Patrick turned and looked at James.”

Patrick didn’t need to say a word as James walked towards him smiling then wrapped his arms around him lowered his head and brought their lips together.

The kiss made up for all the time they’d spent at school an arms length away from each other but unable to make any bodily contact. They tasted each other with a hunger that couldn’t seem to satisfy their needs.

Patrick broke away, “I better change,” he said beginning to strip off his school clothes till he stood in front of James in only his briefs. James gazed at the small slim form that stood in front of him. “Patrick,”

“Yep.”

“How much do you weigh?”

“Why.”

“Just.”

“Umm, 82 pounds.”

James grabbed hold of the boy’s nearly naked form and lifted him off the ground and squeezed him into his body till he heard Patrick give a grunt. He eased his grip and looked at the boy in his arms.

“What?”

“I love you Patrick Jensen, and don’t ever forget it.”

“Love you too James, can you put me down now I want to try something.”

James did as Patrick requested, the smaller boy then stooped and wrapped his arms around James’s upper thighs and attempted to lift him. He just about got James’s feet off the ground and started to lose his balance he staggered towards the bed and both he and James collapsed on it, “Gosh how much do you weigh James.”

“165 pounds,”

“Bloody Hell! Feels more like a ton,” lifting himself off James he said, “I’d better get dressed now if we’re going over to your place.”

James was content to lie on the bed and watch his small friend change into his tracksuit bottoms and long sleeved top. The hands never came out of the sleeves they remained inside. When he’d finished dressing Patrick stood twirling the sleeves of his top around looking at James lying on the bed, “Ready to go.”

James looked at the small boy standing in the room making the sleeves of his top spin around, he wanted to grab hold of him and just crush him to his body instead he got up saying, “Yep let’s go Specs.” As he walked past, the smaller boy jumped onto his back,

“Give us a piggyback James,” and wrapped his arms around his neck and legs around his waist.

James smiled and grabbed the boy’s thighs and walked out of the room and down the stairs with Patrick on his back.

They said goodbye to Patrick’s mother put their footwear on and left the house, with Patrick demanding a piggyback again.

He walked down the street with Patrick once again on his back, as he walked Patrick put his mouth to James’s ear and whispered,

“I’ve got a stiffy.”

“You don’t have to tell me I can feel it,” James said smiling, “And stop squirming and rubbing it on my back.”

He continued walking along the street then into the park where he stopped and set Patrick down.

“That’s it Specs, now it’s my turn, you give me a piggyback.”

The small boy stooped over and James climbed onto his back and lifted his feet off the ground, the moment he did Patrick uttered one sound, “Umph,” and they both collapsed in a heap on the grass killing themselves laughing.

When the laughing stopped they untangled themselves got up and continued on their way to James’s house chatting away like thirteen-year-olds do.

Two hours later Patrick was bidding Mr and Mrs King Goodbye he walked out of the door to see James straddled across the bike. He walked over climbed onto the saddle pulled the sleeves of his top up to expose his hands then slipped them under James’s T-shirt and squeezed.

“I’m ready James let’s go.”

The shivers as usual coursed through his body, he wanted to turn and grab hold of his young friend instead he said,

“Okay Specs,” and he pushed off.

They were back on their favourite mode of transport the one that had brought them together. This time Patrick rested the side of his face on James’s back as he pedalled and the thrill it gave him made him wonder why he hadn’t done it before. James too could feel his young friends head on his back and got a bit concerned. Ever since the accident he was tuned in to the slightest change in Patrick’s behaviour ready to respond if he felt it necessary.

Now he turned his head and looking over his shoulder asked, “Patrick are you alright?”

“Yes James, this is just great I could fall asleep just sitting here with my arm around you, and my head on your back.”

“I think I’m going to stop and let you pedal then I can try it out.”

“James don’t be a spoil sport.”

“Just joking Specs,” and he continued on their way to Patrick’s house the two of them as one joined in perfect harmony.

Patrick was at the front door watching and waving to James as he left to make his way home. Every time they had to part he had this empty feeling inside of him that made him want to grab hold of James and not let go. Just before he disappeared from view Patrick shouted, “See you tomorrow James,” and got a wave from James as he cycled out of sight.

 

He sat reading his book till he happened to glance at the clock on the mantelpiece, Shit! Three forty five he should have been back fifteen minutes ago, he thought, what the Hell’s holding him up this time.

He got up and went over to window looked out and saw an empty driveway and thought, Wish he’d get back soon, then returned to his seat to continue his reading.

A black B.M.W. silently glided up the driveway and into the garage. A tall 6ft 5in blonde haired, blue eyed man walked around and entered the house and made his way silently to the sitting room and stood in the doorway.

The man sitting reading looked up from his book, “James,” he cried, dropping his book and jumping up from his chair he ran across the room and jumped into his lover’s arms bringing their lips together. They broke the kiss and James set Patrick down on his feet.

“Specs you’re twenty six years old and still behave like a thirteen-year-old.”

“Never mind how I behave why were you late getting back?”

“Oh the boss wanted to talk to us after the practice game. Seeing that we have such a commanding lead over the second place team in the league, he wants to give some of the younger players a chance to experience Premiership football. That means he’s going to rest four players and I’m one of them so I won’t have to travel down to Portsmouth on Saturday.

“That’s bloody brilliant, oops nearly forgot your sister phoned she wants us to keep Ryan for a fortnight, she has to go to Perth on business and he didn’t want to stay with his grandparents.”

“Oh God! Specs, why did you volunteer for that, he’s a ten year-old disaster area, we won’t have a moment’s peace.”

“Stop moaning James, and trying to make out you’re not pleased, you spoil him something rotten when he’s here.”

“Me spoil him, me, and who spent nearly the whole bloody day riding around the grounds on the bike with him the last time he was here, and I didn’t even get a look in.”

“You’re bloody jealous, God how could you be jealous of a ten year-old boy James.”

“Well its ages since you and I have been on the bike and you never thought to ask if I wanted to have a go.”

“Oh Gosh! Sorry, you want to have a go now before he arrives?”

“Yeah.”

“They dashed out to the garage and James pulled out a red and silver bike one very similar to the one they had many years ago but on a larger scale. He straddled the bike and Patrick climbed onto the saddle and wrapped his arms around his waist, the same old shivers ran through his body it never changed. Looking over his shoulder he asked, “Okay Specs.”

“Yes James let’s go.”

And they were off. The grounds of the house were nearly as big as the park that they used to cycle in. Now as they cycled their minds joined as if one and the years rolled away till they were two thirteen-year-olds again with no cares in the world doing what they loved best.

Being together and enjoying themselves, just Two Boys’ on a Bike.

 

The End

Copyright © 2011 akisar61; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..