Jump to content
    astone2292
  • Author
  • 316 Words
  • 860 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales of Inanimate Objects - 3. Chapter 3

She's the queen of the streets, and her word is law. People look at her multiple times a day and obey. Little do they know, she judges you and every move you make. Listen to the lady, or risk the consequences. The police help her from time to time, but she had her ways with luck in the world.

Sun, rain, sleet, or snow, she will perform her duty, as it's all she has.

If you heed her warning, you're in the clear and earn her respect. You would never see it, but she waves and wishes you the best "Hey, boo! Look at you being safe. Have a good'n, baby!"

Some think they can skate by as they roll slowly towards her, then zip away. She remembers who you are. You'll never get on her bad side, but you won't gain favor. Test her if you dare. "Mhmm, I see your scrawny ass. How 'bout you listen to what I have to say before you end up regrettin' life."

The ones that ignore her… Those are the ones that rile her up. She will not be disrespected, and she will send bad juju to you and the ones that travel with you. There are no words when she is crossed unless something follows. If she had fingers every time an officer catches you flying past her, she would snap them and rejoice.

Cross her while her sister on the corner pays respect to others, bad things are bound to happen. When they do, she will cackle at your misfortune and rub it in, no matter the outcome. "Haha! Take that, you stupid bitches! Y'all didn't listen, and look what happened. Come back next week when you get that door replaced and your ass in a cast."

Call her mean. Call her wicked. Call her what you will, but you do not test her.

Copyright © 2022 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 minute ago, weinerdog said:

You mean it wasn't you he was writing about?(Be honest readers you had the same thought for a moment)

Ehh. Not enough GIFs to be her. 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
36 minutes ago, Dan South said:

So many sides to her. Eight ways to Sunday. Rigid. Unforgiving. It’s the reason I roll by and shudder around the corner. Who else is watching? Stop it some more

Back To School GIF by Kohl's

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
9 hours ago, weinerdog said:

You mean it wasn't you he was writing about?(Be honest readers you had the same thought for a moment)

I Appreciate That Season 3 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

  • Haha 5
Link to comment

Name the artist. No googling.

 

Stop children what's that sound? 

Stop in the name of love! 

Don't stop belieeeeeeving!

Don't stop me now!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Name the artist. No googling.

 

Stop children what's that sound? 

Stop in the name of love! 

Don't stop belieeeeeeving!

Don't stop me now!

 

 

Buffalo Springfield 

Supremes

Journey

?

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Dan South said:

Buffalo Springfield 

Supremes

Journey

?

Yes. Yes. Yes. 

C'mon... the lead singer of this band is arguably one of the best rock voices of all time. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
36 minutes ago, kbois said:

Yes. Yes. Yes. 

C'mon... the lead singer of this band is arguably one of the best rock voices of all time. 

I knew the first three like Dan did but the forth one has me stumped. Will you reveal it if no one gets it? if not I WILL google it

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan South said:

Buffalo Springfield 

Supremes

Journey

?

 

6 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I knew the first three like Dan did but the forth one has me stumped. Will you reveal it if no one gets it? if not I WILL google it

Freddie Mercury Dancing GIF

  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

The following made me think she wasn't a stop sign...

Cross her while her sister on the corner pays respect to others

Traffic light Cartoon Clip art - traffic light png download - 2558*5000 ...

Edited by drsawzall
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, kbois said:

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Hey there...calm down a bit...just because I came of age in the 1960's don't mean I misremember everything...

Cheech And Chong Up In Smoke / Radiator Heaven Cheech And Chong S Up In ...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

I hate street lights! Well not all the time! lol

I was going for "stop sign," but street lights work as well. :)

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..