Jump to content
    astone2292
  • Author
  • 511 Words
  • 783 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales of Inanimate Objects - 2. Chapter 2

Coming in many different shapes and sizes, he is always there for you and whatever else you have. Set your drinks down, eat your pizza and wings, and lean on him when you have one too many. There is no shame if you need him. Hell, some people sleep on or under him; he just wants to be used. Elbows… Oh, he loves a good elbow.

He loves attention, and he sure gets a lot of it. Anything and everything pleases him. A caress to feel his skin, a scratch from a finger, and especially a good smack when you're happy. That makes him happy too. He even appreciates being clothed from time to time.

Dear God help him when someone spills a drink on him. Paper towels and napkins galore. Gentle hands roam, and that will make him blush. Have you ever wondered why he starts to wobble? Keep that in mind next time you tip your beer over.

Not all things are fun and games in his world though. There are terrible acts he can be subjected to. To the bastards who take a knife to him, he will be scarred for life. Stick your chewing gum under him, and you are marked as a heathen for years to come. You can give him your name and number, but he won't call you.

Made from stone, ceramic, or wood, the object will always be sturdy, but he's still not safe. His brethren have been known to break, and it scares him. Those who live in the rougher establishments surely lived terrible lives. Tornadoes looked more fun than the bar fights he heard about. What a brutal way to die. To be shattered or halved by a human body. If he breaks a leg, you look at him as if he was at his own funeral. He respects those with the craftsmanship to repair him, but often expects to be taken out to the curb.

The curb; his purgatory. He hopes for someone to come save him. His kind wishes to be brought into a new home, given new life with glue and nails. A bit of paint or stain fixes his blemishes. Unfortunately, he's likely to see the reaper and be tossed into the crushing dump truck.

He's, arguably, the most reliable object in the world. Everyone uses him, and he's always there for you. Need a free hand? He'll be there for you. Kick your feet up when you sit on his friends. Whether you realize it or not, he's the focal point of every dinner you have. Set the food down and say your grace. Just make sure to wipe up the crumbs.

Show some respect. He's a soldier putting up with your crap. You leave your beverages, clatter your silverware, and set heavy items on his back and shoulders. You bring your loved ones around him to celebrate your life, but give no recognition for his service. Is there another object out there who bears such a weight on Earth? One must wonder.

Copyright © 2022 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 7
  • Haha 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It didn't take more than a few sentence this time.  I though you might like some more ideas.  Tables make great props in movies from dance floors to weapons, they often steal the scene.  😁  Looking forward to the next short tale Aaron.

spacer.png

spacer.png

There are also the comic aspects to tables.

spacer.png

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, raven1 said:

It didn't take more than a few sentence this time.  I though you might like some more ideas.  Tables make great props in movies from dance floors to weapons, they often steal the scene.  😁  Looking forward to the next short tale Aaron.

spacer.png

spacer.png

There are also the comic aspects to tables.

spacer.png

 

I'm cackling!!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, astone2292 said:

Don't fall off your chair. The table might laugh at you. 

It was a great time, I laughed, Chase laughed, the chair laughed, we killed the chair, great night ..... damn mimics.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, RainbowPhoenixWI said:

we killed the chair

I thought about including the chairs in this chapter, but I didnt want to scare everyone. Chairs, easily, are into smothering...

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Do I hear a motion to table the discussion on the table????

Dear God, my days as a fraternity president are coming back to haunt me. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..