Jump to content
    astone2292
  • Author
  • 354 Words
  • 387 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales of Inanimate Objects - 4. Chapter 4

She controls it all. When people rise, sit, eat, or fall asleep. To hold so much power in the world is intoxicating. All they have to do is look at her.

Albeit, she can be changed, but will these silly humans ever get it correct? Generally but never precisely. Her sisters will always say something differently. Seconds are their pennies; they add up.

She laughs when the water-sacks are late. She cackles as they arrive early by accident. She howls if they lose track of her essence.

They watch her all day long. Her hypnotizing abilities are uncomfortable. Will she move faster? Slower? There are moments where she even pauses, causing pleas and wishes for change. It's the only time she is merciful. She snaps her fingers and abides, sending the humans into a flurry of movement and action.

She is not just on the wall. Like a good businesswoman, she adapts to the era. Made of stone, wood, metal, and newer technology, she does her job.

Oh, these poor souls. They mock themselves by giving her a voice. Tick. Tock. Cuckoo. Bong! It delights her to no end when she forces someone out of their seat at the top of the hour. She finds no blame in herself for such a response.

Oftentimes, she's given words to live by, and she'll uphold the law. She loves to work in liquor stores. Not of age? No booze for you. It's one of the few times she enjoys working with the humans. Oh, to see the sad teenieboppers be rejected. There's fewer greater pleasures.

She is everywhere. The grocery, the Oval Office, your home, the war-room, and at everyone's hip. Whether you realize it, every action depends on her. When do you leave to pick up your child from school? When will someone launch a nuke? Every person includes her in every deciding factor.

So keep looking her way. Let her dictate your life. It's not like you have a say in it. Take your medication, start supper, and do what she tells you, because without her, we lose all sense of time.

Copyright © 2022 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

4 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Oh I don't know I thought  it was pretty timely

Is this now officially the punny farm?

  • Haha 5
Link to comment

I hate her dictatorial demands.  There's no way to make her go back and change anything once she moves on.  At least since retiring, I've kicked her out of the bedroom most days!

Robot GIF by NowThis

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, astone2292 said:

Now, now. The comment races are @kbois's territory. 

Sure... go ahead and clock me upside the head when you know damn well I had my work Xmas party. Oy.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, kbois said:

Sure... go ahead and clock me upside the head when you know damn well I had my work Xmas party. Oy.

What's this!? You're taking time off from writing for a party?  There's a time bomb ticking. Get back to writing lady!!! Do I need to sic Chris on you?

model time GIF

 

rabid matthew broderick GIF

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..