Jump to content

Heart Melbourne Teens

   (2 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Sometimes the brain fails and the heart is left to pick up the pieces. Tyson, the son of a heartless politician and an abusive control freak, has survived four suicide attempts, and has now been committed to a psychiatric ward. With severe anger issues, unhealthy behaviours and a tendency to self-harm, Tyson's terrific treatment team fights a difficult battle. Another boy in the ward, Vladimir, suffers from schizophrenia and post-traumatic stress. Tyson thinks he's perfect.

Heart.PNG.8fcfea8c6e9de0f25bcc682f90689a65.PNG
Copyright © 2018 AusGlitterati; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

ObicanDecko

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I've been putting off writing a review for this story simply because I fear that whatever I write here will not do the story justice. 'Heart' is an emotional and heartwarming story, but also heavy due to its serious subject matter. It deals with two boys who meet in a mental institution. Written mainly from the point of view of one of the boys (Tyson), the story follows the two boys' struggles with their health, families and burdens from the past, and how they discover love in the process. The protagonists - as well as the supporting characters - are realistic and deep, and the writing is just brilliant.

You WILL cry often when you read this story, but you will love every second of it and ask for more.

  • Love 7
Link to review
travlbug

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A brilliant character study of two teens with mental illness, one born with the problem and one who has it foisted upon him by his upbringing:  This is their story behind the locked doors of an adolescent mental facility, and it showcases their interactions with a variety of people--doctors, nurses, social workers, relatives, fellow patients, and (of course) each other. It captivates to, and through, its shocking, but ultimately satisfying, denouement. At its core, it's a story of self discovery, personal strength, and the real meaning of love. I have never previously been motivated to write a review, but Heart is something special (I had the same excited feeling reading it that I sometimes experience when I read a book that later wins an award). Do yourself a favor and READ THIS BOOK!

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..