Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 2,098 Words
  • 1,543 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Misunderstandings - McGees Boys Book 1 - 6. Chapter 6 - Damon

Hi, my apologies for the delay as I've been in hospital. Hopefully, it roll a lot easier from now on.
Joh :hug:

Chapter Six - Damon

Staring into my cereal, I mentally kick my ass for drinking so much last night. I hope like hell I will be able to keep this down. This is probably the worst hangover I’ve ever had. My head is pounding from all the drinks we had last night at the club after the wake. Seems we’d all put a few too many away. I did wake up alone though, so… Maybe it’s wishful thinking after Cole told me he wanted to go on a date with me. God, it took everything in me not to do a dorky happy dance right there in the cemetery and embarrass myself.

If only when I closed my eyes my head would stop pounding. To put a cherry on this monstrous self-inflicted hammer head, I keep replaying snippets of the dream I had last night. The damn thing felt so real. A guy with bright pink hair had me so turned on that I was hard as a nail when I woke up this morning. It was kind of weird. The chemistry was off the charts, the sex intense, passionate, like when I dream what it would be like to be with Cole. But it wasn’t Cole. All I remember is bright pink spiky hair. Not something to usually do it for me, but in this dream, the pink hair sent a spark right to my cock. The golden glow of his silky-smooth skin is so mesmerizing … like it is right now, picturing it in my head. So hot… It felt so real like I could smell him on my skin even now.

Kelly dragged his butt through the front door with a bang. Luckily I’d heard his key in the lock or I probably would have shit myself instead of the very manly squeal that exited my mouth when the door slammed against the wall. I just wasn’t expecting it. My big friend was juggling boxes and a couple of bags while trying to fling the door shut with his foot. Regardless of my state, I automatically stood and moved to help him wincing when my skull pinched my brain.

“Shit, man. Sit back down. You look rough. What did you guys do last night?” Kelly chuckled as he wrestled with putting the stuff in his arms down gently on the couch. I look rough. Has he looked in the mirror today? The bags under his eyes could best be described as luggage, he’s unshaven, and his clothes looked like they’d been worn for three days straight. Preston needed Kelly’s comfort and friendship last night, so he stayed with the grieving family instead of coming to the bar with the rest of us.

At his demand, I gratefully dropped back into the chair resting my elbows on the table with my head in my hands. “Fucked if I know. But I’d probably hazard a guess Tommy is out a few pesos with my alcohol consumption alone.” A groan took over my speech since it seemed easier than actual words. I could hear Kelly snickering away at my expense, so I may or may not have thrown my spoon at him. And that was a mistake, because the next thing to happen was unpleasant to say the least. Yep, I made a hasty retreat for the bathroom. Wonderful. Work is gonna be fun today.

<<<<>>>>

Every time I close my eyes, that damn dream comes back to me. The nape of the pink-haired man’s neck stretched to the side so I could nip at the skin. The groans, hisses, and gasps filling my ears every time I touched or licked any part of the beautiful golden skin. Fuck me – I need to foc

“Hmpf,” I groaned as all the air rush out of my lungs from being slammed to the mats for the fifteenth time today. Oh, joy. This dream is going to get me killed or fired, one of the two.

“Fuck, Rhodes, you’re easy today. I can rarely get you on the ground.” Mallory, the youngest security guy we have smirked, looking down over the top of me. He held out his hand, helping me up.

I grunted my dissatisfaction.

“Rhodes, my office. Now!” Fuck! The boss is pissed. This is going to cost me big. If he doesn’t fire my ass, that is. I haven’t been giving my work my usual 110% of late and it’s glaringly obvious.

With my head down, I dragged my sorry ass to his office, tail between my legs. I mentally prepared myself for the chewing out I so rightly deserved and knew was coming.

“Close the door!” commanded my boss, Chet.

I closed the door and made my way to his desk where he sat, settling in one of the visitor chairs in front of it.

“What the fuck is going on with you? The piss-poor effort you’ve put in over the last month… I should fire your ass. How can I send you out on jobs if you can’t even keep Mallory from taking you down?” He spat, slamming his hand down on his desk. “If you weren’t one of the best I have, you’d be out on your ass.”

“Sorry, boss. I’ve been distracted. I’ll rally… pull myself together–”

“Damn straight, you will. And you’re gonna start tomorrow.” He huffed. “You are going on loan to the California branch. They’re spread thin and have a client with a stalker. He needs extra security until they catch this idiot.” My boss pointed at me, letting me know not to argue. This was my chance to make it up to him. So much for going on a date with Cole.

“How long?”

He waved his hand while searching for something on his desk. “As long as it takes,” he said while picking up an envelope, placing it in front of me. “I assume that’s not a problem.” It wasn’t a question - it’s an order. “Use the time away to clear your fucking head.”

“Yes, sir. Who?” I grunted most politely.

“Sign this.” Chet shoved a non-disclosure statement in front of me with a pen. I didn’t ask any further questions; I just signed it.

“Jett Dean.”

“The movie star?” Motherfucker! I hate celebrities.

“Yes. This is confidential, which of course goes without saying. Now get the hell out of here. All the information you need for your travel itinerary is in the envelope.” Chet went back to work. I was silently dismissed.

“Yes, sir.” I stood, exiting the office. I really do hate celebrities. Entitled assholes: they never listen and always put everyone in more danger.

Kelly was pacing the locker room when I met him after leaving the office. He turned to me, saw the envelope in my hand and cringed. “How bad is it?”

“California, movie star, time undetermined.” I dropped down onto the bench with my head in my hands. The second I closed my eyes; all I can see is the spikey pink hair again. God damn it!

“Shit! When do you leave?” He sat next to me, taking the envelope out of my hand. I heard him open the envelope. “Jett Dean, huh? He’s so fucking hot.”

“Give me that.” I sat up snatching the envelope and papers from him.

He bumped his knee with mine, leaning on his hands either side of his legs on the bench.

“What’s up with you, man? You’ve been all squirrelly and distracted. I know you have a hangover, but this is more than that.”

“I don’t know,” I whined. “It’s stupid. I had this dream last night. It’s like it was real. Like I can still feel the guy, smell him on me, taste him... All I keep seeing is spiky pink hair.”

Kelly chuckled. “Well, I guess it’s your mind telling you to move on from Cole.” He knocked my knee again when I didn’t answer. “Maybe, while you’re out in California, you can find yourself a little distraction.”

“Maybe … I don’t know…” and I don’t know. I’ve wanted Cole for so long. I can’t imagine ending up with anyone else. Sure, I have the odd random hook up, scratch that itch. But I keep hoping Cole will wake up one day and realize we should be together. One day. It’s always in the back of my mind. I just can’t seem to let it go.

“Come on … let’s go to ‘McGee’s.’ I’ll buy. Fuck man, six o’clock flight in the morning. That’s harsh.” Kelly stood, opening his locker.

“Yep.” I sighed and followed his lead.

We arrived at the club an hour later. Kelly had been busting my balls about hooking up with the movie star, turning the straight man gay. Isn’t that every gay man’s dream? I laughed along because I knew he was only trying to bring me out of my funk. It was kind of working. But, still feeling a little rough from the hangover and the fact that I was going to be babysitting a celebrity for an undefined period. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

The club didn’t open for another hour, so Kelly parked around the back, and we entered through the staff entrance. I rang the service bell and we waited. Emory, the bouncer who usually watched the club from the bar area, let us in.

“Hey guys,” he said, standing aside to let us in.

“Hi, Emory. How’s the wife?” I asked, shaking his hand.

“Kylie’s doing great - just got a promotion at work. Which is fantastic, because our eldest starts college in the fall. And isn’t that going to cost us a fortune?” He might sound like he was complaining, but the pride in his voice for his son shone through.

“Oh, yeah. That’s great. What’s he studying?”

“See you in there,” said Kelly slapping Emory on the back. “Nice to see you, man. We’ll catch up later. I need a drink.”

“Yeah, sure,” Emory answered my friend before turning back to me. “I think he wants to be a doctor, but he gets woozy at the sight of blood. I haven’t broken the news to him yet that his training will still include a lot of medical stuff. I just don’t have the heart. He wants to be a psychiatrist or something. Says the world’s getting crazier by the day, so he’ll never be out of work.” He laughed loudly.

“Ain’t that the truth.” I joined Emory with a chuckle of my own. “I’ll see you later, yeah?”

“Sure thing.” The giant bouncer squeezed my shoulder before moving toward a room off to the left.

I carried on down the hallway to the bar and main room of the club. Kelly was standing at the mouth of the hallway, laughing with his eyes wide and shocked. He grabbed me and pulled me to him and there stood a man with his back to me with spiky pink hair. Doll and Tommy glared at me, I’m guessing, because I’m almost positive my jaw hung to the floor. I frowned, glanced at Kelly, then turned back to the man with the pink hair. He turned to glance over his shoulder in my direction and, fuck!… it was real! The dream was fucking real, and the man is Cole. His face lit up when he saw me.

“What the fuck!” I said frowning.

Kelly looked at me like I had two heads but still laughed raucously.

I guess he wouldn’t have had time. I’ve been with him since I told him about my dream. So, this is really real. I’d fucked Cole. Holy shit! My eyes met his again, the smile had slipped from his face and replaced by pain and hurt. He mumbled something and fled. What the fuck? What the hell is going on? My chest tightened, and I felt like I was going to throw up. There was a lump in my throat and I could barely breathe. I don’t understand what happened. The pink hair … fuck, it was Cole! The dream … it wasn’t a dream after all! It was real! And I don’t even remember it! It wasn’t supposed to happen this way!

“You’re a fucking asshole,” Doll said, banging my shoulder when he passed by me, chasing after Cole. Ou-ouch!

“My office,” Tommy demanded, eyeing me angrily, stalking off, expecting me to follow.

“Again, with the office!” I mumbled, of course, following Tommy.

What the fuck just happened?

“Man, you’re so fucked,” Kelly said as his laughter died down.

“No shit!”

A big thanks to Tony for editing as well as reading the chapter, you've always had my back and I can't say how much I appreciate that. 
Sorry for the small chapter but it was such small space of time to cover. I hope you enjoyed it anyway.
Thanks for reading.
Joh :hug:
Copyright © 2022 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 12
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 hour ago, Wesley8890 said:

I dony like jett. Just for the fact hes taking damon away from cole. 

Are you crushing on Cole or Damon, Wesley?

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Well, did not see that one coming at all.  You know you have a drinking problem when you move to blackout drinking.  I'm looking forward to his first AA meeting. 😄

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment

What’s with the pink hair, Cole? 
@Bndmetl I hope that you are ok after your operation? Wishing you a speedy recovery ❤️🩹 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..