Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 3,225 Words
  • 2,340 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Sentinal Oaks - A Lion's Pride - 6. Chapter 6 - Rush

Alpha Easton; there are no words. If it had been me stuck in this – what used to feel like a decent size, very comfortable, and inviting office – tiny room with two guards watching my every move; well… I’d feel intimidated. My father, he didn’t seem to give a crap. He simply looked bored. The man is at the end of his rope with me, that’s a certainty.

Although I’ve always found my father intrusive and somewhat a bully, since the announcement of King West’s passing he has become unbearable. It’s like a switch flicked on the moment word reached our old Pride. He has been relentlessly jamming his views down my throat as if I were agreeable, maybe agreeable is a stretch more… willing to execute his agenda like I don’t have my own mind. I can’t say I remember a topic we do see eye-to-eye. Father’s gaze has been fixed on my every move, it seems waiting for me to come to his rescue or some shit. Like that’s going to happen; he went after my mate. I don’t care who he is, nobody hurts or threatens my mate. Or touches him without consent from my mate. That includes me. My mate, my Tanner, is a good man and to be respected by all.

The first couple of hours stuck in this office with my father, the Alpha Mate, and two guards has been wearisome to say the least, but manageable due to my connection with my mate. At first I felt my mate go from frustrated to acceptance then to elation. I’d left him with Nash so they could get to know each other. I was concerned initially but when I felt acceptance from my mate I relaxed. But the there has been a shift, his elation morphed into concern, then into worry, now he’s anxious. It was pissing off my lion no end. The boisterous bastard is agitated and pacing inside me.

I’m going to have to figure a way to cope with all of this change because it’s a lot feeling him and me at the same time. Also confusing when our emotions are at odds. Rubbing my chest to try and calm my beast I watched the Alpha Mate react to my father’s outbursts with a cool, calm, demeanor. I am in awe of this woman. I’m glad the Wests are staying with the pack, if she accepts me as her son’s mate it would be icing on the cake.

“You have no authority here, Alpha mate. Your time has come. We have the power now. You need to realize you are done,” my father spat out in anger at the Alpha Mate.

Alpha Mate smoothed down the front of her dress with her posture straight, shoulders back, she addressed my father with poise and sophistication that blows me away. The woman is unflappable. “On the contrary, Mr. Easton; the crown has yet to be shifted leaving me with all the authority. You are only an Elder by honorary title until the time comes and your son takes the throne.” She countered courteously but there was an undertone of known power in her voice. Alpha Mate turned to me her face softening, mine doing so in return. She’d handled my father perfectly and with a grace I envied. “I’ve made my decision, Alpha Easton. Until the shifting of the crown your father will remain in the guest quarters under the royal guard.” She glanced at my father with a pensive expression, with a slight nod she continued while turning her focus back to me. “He may have some liberty, but it will be under the watch of the guard. Are you agreeable?”

In my peripheral vision I can see my father’s face glowing red with anger, almost like a beacon, eyes full of contempt and fire directed at me. I’ve seen that look before, him daring me to defy him. In this case I’m inclined to agree with the Alpha Mate consequences be damned. It’s going to be safer with him where I know he can’t do any damage for now.

“I do,” I said in acceptance. Having my father under guard and out of the way until the crown is shifted is going to make the next several days go a lot smoother. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do about Karen so that it won’t start a war with the Falcone family. Life just keeps getting better and better. “May I make one request, Alpha Mate?”

“Of course,” she answered amenably.

“There are a lot of activities happening over the next five days before the shifting of the crown, with a Royal Guard I’d like it possible for him to be able to participate, even if only to observe.” I told her. “He is my father.”

She nodded her head once. “Yes, Alpha Easton, I think we can accommodate your request. However,” her eyes turning hard and steely as her attention went back to my father, “any further interference or unacceptable behavior, Mr. Easton, you will find yourself in the cages under lock and key.”

My gut churned anxiously two seconds before the office door flew open with Tanner entering hastily. He looked me over quickly, then at his mother, my father, then back to me. He approached slowly his eyes still running up and down my body with a look of relief. Lifting onto his toes he cupped my face with his hands. His eyes flitting between my eyes and my lips, his tongue quickly poked through wetting those luscious puppies. Okay that’s totally unfair; our arousal mixing with the stale office air so that everyone in the room could scent us. I didn’t have to look, I could feel my father’s ire building but I was distracted by my gorgeous mate.

“You’re okay.” A statement not a question. He smiled warmly. “I was worried. I could feel–” Tanner’s affectionate rambling cut off by my father.

“What the hell is that on his neck?” Father launched from his chair attempting to grab at my mate. My arm automatically swung around collecting my mate positioning him behind me. My lion clawing his way out of me as I began a partial shift knocking my father to the floor. As he went to stand I almost swiped my claw but gaining control when my mate whimpered leaning into my back.

“No Alpha, no,” he cried his warmth and love flowing through me trying to calm my lion.

“Do.Not.Touch.Him.” I let out a roar still holding my mate behind me. “He is my mate. I warned you…” I trailed off gasping for air. I’m just so angry, my mate’s gentle kisses are the only thing holding me back from ending the man I no longer recognize in front of me.

The guards already had my father back in their custody silently waiting for direction from the Alpha Mate. She hadn’t even flinched when my father left his seat. She cleared her throat and looked to me for a command. Yet, my father had more to say because he doesn’t know how to shut the hell up.

“He is not your mate. You’re going to mate with Karen Falcone, the arrangements have already been agreed upon and that’s final. He cannot be your mate. I forbid it.” Stated my father with a smugness like it was a done deal. The fact he was dismissive of my mate only served to fuel my ire. My father had worked his way into a rage, trying to free himself from the guards. “You cannot and will not be mated to that… that… pathetic weak omega. This is our time to reign, you will do as I say. I am your father. An elder.”

“Nash!” I called out knowing he was just outside the door. He stepped into the room; a smug sense of satisfaction shifted through my body returning to full human form as my father’s face paled.

“What is he doing here?” said father with disdain.

I smiled smugly. “He’s here because I invited him. I want him here.” I turned to Nash. “Can you please take Tanner to his room. I’ll be there soon; until then keep him safe.”

Nash nodded but I heard Tanner spluttering behind me. I turned taking my mate in my arms sweeping the hair back from his forehead. “Please don’t fight me on this, munchkin.” I pecked a kiss to his lips. “I love you.” I whispered. His eyes went wide filling with tears.

“I love you too,” he whispered back his eyes although watery were now a little wild telling me I am going to pay for this later, “I’ll do as you ask Alpha.”

The Alpha Mate gave me a soft motherly look which had told me I’d done the right thing.

I waited for Nash to escort my mate from the room. My ears rang suddenly making me dizzy. “Douche canoe.” Was that my mate? Shit! But we’re in human form. And he just called me a douche canoe. Holy Jackal, I’m in trouble now.

“Take him back to his quarters,” I told the guards, “he’s not to leave the guest house under any circumstances. I don’t care if it is on fire.” I turned away not being able to look at the man. When had he become such a tyrannical power hungry asshole. Once he’d been removed from the room I apologized to the Alpha Mate.

“I truly do apologize for all of this Alpha Mate.”

She held her hands up with the palms facing out. “This is not your doing Alpha Easton. I am truly sorry you have to go through this. Some people just aren’t meant to have power. Please don’t give it another thought. I do, however, think you’ll make a great leader.” She turned from me to leave the room stopping at the threshold. “Do you mind if I offer you some advice?”

My entire body relaxed at her motherly tone and attention.

“Of course, I welcome it. To be honest I feel overwhelmed at the moment.” I gestured to the sofa and waited for her to take a seat before sitting on the opposite end of the couch with my body facing her, open and welcoming.

The Alpha Mate surprised me with gentle touch as she cupped the side of my face as if she were my mother. It was a little disconcerting as I barely remember what it’s like to have a mother’s attentions.

“You are just one man, Alpha. Don’t try and do this alone. There are plenty of resources here for you to utilize, take my advice and use them.” She smiled warmly sliding her hand from my face. “There is a wealth of knowledge in this Pride and most have the experience to back up that knowledge. Find yourself a trusted second, and even third, you’ll need them.”

“Thank you, Alpha Mate. I’m glad you decided to stay in the Pride. May I run something by you?”

“You may,” she answered clasping her hands together in her lap.

“My mate,” I said watching her reach for her necklace once again at the mention of her son. The pride showed in her entire body at the mention of Tanner. “I’d like him to be more than just the King’s Omega Consort. I admire and respect him, he’s beautiful, kind, probably more intelligent than most people I know and more than I could have hoped for. More than I deserve, of that I have no doubt. I know it’s not traditional, but I’d like…” I could see out the window and watched as the guards escorted my father past on his way to the guest house.

“You’d like more for him?” she asked surprised.

My eyes flicked back to the Alpha Mate with my cheeks flushing a shade of pink I’m sure would embarrass me if I could see myself. “Yes, Alpha Mate. He’s more than the man I love, he has more to give than the next heir to the throne.”

The grinning woman in front of me no longer the Alpha Mate, but the mother of my true and fated mate.

“I agree. As much as my late mate doted on me and the children it can be a little stifling to the soul.” She paused taking a breath to gather her thoughts. “Please don’t think of me as selfish Alpha, I don’t regret one second of my mating. I have three beautiful children, and Alpha West was my life, the air that I breathe but…” she bit her lip coyly, “I just would have like to contribute more. It was a different time then and it was what it was.”

“How do you think the Pride would take a break in tradition if Tanner were to have a more active role?” I asked hoping she would agree.

Sitting up a little straighter, if at all possible, she grinned at me while tentatively taking my hand something that was outside her nature and not completely comfortable doing.

“You are perfect for my son,” she said with a hopefulness that confounded me a tad. “Alpha West loved his boy; shunning anyone who thought it a waste to educate an omega male. He ensured Tanner had a well-rounded education, including political science as well as shifter politics. I think my son would be a great asset to you, Alpha Rush. He’d also welcome the challenge, I assure you. Do you have something in mind for our omega man.”

I shook my head, “No, I thought I’d bring it up with him and see if he had a plan of his own or an idea he’d like to action. I respect him enough to know he has his own mind. I hope you are agreeable that I’d still like him to give us some cubs when he’s ready. He’d be an amazing father.”

The grin still plastered across the Alpha Mate’s face made my cheeks hurt empathizing with the muscles. “I agree,” she sighed wistfully. “You are absolutely perfect for our Tanner.”

Wow, ‘our Tanner’. Not ‘your mate’ or ‘my son’ but ‘our Tanner,’ like she was including me as part of her family.

“Congratulations on your mating Alpha. I know you and Tanner will be very happy together and that’s all a parent wants for their child.”

The door to the office opened preceded by small knock. A middle-aged beta male stuck his head through the gap looking around the office quickly.

“Sorry to interrupt, Alpha Mate,” he said fully entering the office with a slight baring of his neck in a show of respect to the woman then the same to me. “Alpha Easton.”

“Is there something wrong, Rafael?” Alpha Mate asked.

“No, Alpha Mate. I came to introduce myself to Alpha Easton to see if my services were still required.” The man looked a little ruffled and anxious.

“Alpha Easton, may I please introduce Rafael Chesterton. He is or was my late husband’s assistant. Do you think you will be in need of his services?” The Alpha Mate asked encouragingly but respectfully enough that I would be able to reject the man’s offer.

I stood stepping over to Raphael holding out my hand to shake his in a civil greeting. “Nice to meet you Rafael. I would really like to take you up on your offer. What would you think about giving the job a three-month trial to see how we get along, really get to know each other? At the end of the trial if you aren’t happy you can walk away, no questions asked or hard feelings. I’d like an assistant that is agreeable to work with me in his own right, not a yes man. I would like you to respect me enough to always be truthful even if in disagreement whether I want to hear it or not.”

Rafael blinked a few times in quick succession glancing at the Alpha Mate then at me and back to the Alpha Mate. He swallowed audibly then his eyes followed the same path again.

“Do you mean speak freely, Alpha?”

“I do. Do you mind if I’m candid with you, behind closed doors of course?”

He blinked again frowning quickly throwing a glance to the Alpha Mate. And, woah, what was that? A strong feeling of arousal hit me like a ton of bricks. My lion whimpered and my cock plumped. Rafael’s expression changed quickly to a ‘WTF’ look but he managed to school it quickly.

“Yes, please Alpha,” he said at the same time my lion tried to free himself as another wave of arousal hit me. What the hell is going on? Surely, I can’t be attracted to this beta? No, it has to be coming from my mate. But… I closed my eyes, another one, then another one. The beta in front of me looking very uncomfortable as my body twitched with every wave passing through me.

“Um…” Oh, fuck me, I moved away from Rafael trying to sit behind the desk because now my cock is hard as steel and leaking.

“Tanner,” I tried through our connection, “Munchkin, please… stop…”

 

Nothing. White friggin’ noise. That little shit blocked me. I moaned covering my face with my hands as I sat heavily into the chair. Alpha Mate and Rafael were looking on with concern. It was like Tanner is in my pants stroking my cock with his wet tongue. Fuck. “Baby, stop. I can’t take it.”

 

“Can I please have the room for a moment,” I panted as another wave hit. “Jes… fu..gawd.” This is agony.

The second they were out of sight my hand went to my pants pushing against my painful erection only for the door to open with a bang and Nash flying through the opening wildly.

“Is he in here?” Nash demanded stopping in his tracks sniffing the room. He looked back at the door then arched an eyebrow at me in question. Damn it.

“It’s,” I groaned, “fuck…” I whimpered.

“That little turd–” He started but I bared my teeth snapping with a roar in my throat.

Nash rolled his eyes at me putting his hands up in his defense. “His friends distracted me and he absconded.” He frantically pointed out the window leaping toward it. “Tanner…” he said, “BECKETT!” yelling he pointed at the big oak tree that kept this room shaded from direct sun. Under the tree I could see my mate, his best friends Trek and Milo, and my fucking brother in fits of laughter. They all went a shade paler while Beckett yelled, “Oh shit! Run boys.” The four shifted shredding their clothes in their haste scattering when I stood staggering toward the window. Nash roared at them shifting as he dashed out the door with my lion closely on his tail. The three are going to get theirs.

My mate is a different story. I’m gonna punish him. I’m going to tie him to the bed and keep him on the edge until he is in so much pain he can’t stand it. Only then will I let him come.

“Munchkin, you can run. But you can’t hide.”

 

Tonight is going to be fun.

Sounds like Tanner is in for a painfully good night! Doesn't seem like Elder Easton is doing himself any favors either.
Hope you all enjoyed the newest chapter. Drop us a line and let us know how you're enjoying or not enjoying the story.
Thanks for reading.
Wes and Joh
Jack Wimberly and JT Babbage
  • Like 18
  • Love 17
  • Haha 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 hour ago, JCtoGO2 said:

This story just gets better and better. You have a great way with words in telling the story. I look forward each week to seeing it come up on my list that I want to read. BRAVO

We're glad you like the story, there is a lot more to look forward to.

Edited by Bndmetl
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Love the story line, well written and a different twist.   Can’t wait until the elder gets reaallllly out of control and gets taken down.   Thanks for your talent and hard work.   Always waiting for the next chapter.  Jim

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Bft

Posted (edited)

I am curious to know how they are going to have cubs? 
interesting chapter I like Alpha Mate West, but Mr Easton is a nasty piece of work 

Edited by Bft
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 3/9/2020 at 3:47 AM, Bft said:

I am curious to know how they are going to have cubs? 
interesting chapter I like Alpha Mate West, but Mr Easton is a nasty piece of work 

You have no idea....

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

You have no idea....

Well hurry up and tell us ✍️😉

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
On 3/9/2020 at 3:47 AM, Bft said:

I am curious to know how they are going to have cubs? 
interesting chapter I like Alpha Mate West, but Mr Easton is a nasty piece of work 

Hi we have a new chapter posted now! Not sure if your notifications are working as mine aren't!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Hi we have a new chapter posted now! Not sure if your notifications are working as mine aren't!

I have just checked my notifications and there is nothing posted about chapter 7 being uploaded. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Bft said:

I have just checked my notifications and there is nothing posted about chapter 7 being uploaded. 

Yeah notifications are a bit wonky

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..