Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 4,514 Words
  • 1,170 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Sentinal Oaks - A Lion's Pride - 12. Chapter 12 - Beckett

Anxiety riddled my entire body watching Rush pace in one direction, roar, turn, walk back, then roaring again. Each cry is rife with the pain and helplessness we all feel. My chest tightening further with every lap. His roar shaking the ground for miles. The beavers and other woodland creatures audibly noticeable as they scurry through the scrub, putting distance between them and my brother. Not that I blame them. Rush is one scary beast right now.

The only pride members with enough courage to be near the Alpha are me, Trek, and his new mate, who is fading with every passing moment. Kalou, Trek's mate, should still be in the hospital resting, but Trek was reluctant to let the man out of his sight. I looked over to check on Trek and his mate to see Kalou finally sat with his back to a tree wholly exhausted. Our friend stood guard next to him, watching our Alpha, as did I, but make no mistake, Trek's eyes were also on his mate – first and foremost.

Kalou is a big man and a massive Liger, a hybrid, Lion with a Tiger. He is also a good-looking man now that most of his bruises had almost disappeared since he'd been able to shift earlier. The hair on his head is mottled blond with the fiery red of the tiger. Not to mention the formations of freckles on his pale skin in stripes like a tiger accenting his natural beauty. Although a large man, he’s also cute and adorable like every male omega. Well, the three I know anyway, Nash, Tanner, and now Kalou. I wouldn't discount him as a threat just because he's an omega; I'd lay good money that he'd be fierce when it comes to anyone he cared about or loved.

Rush still in Lion form, but the three of us now in human form as we watch first hand as my brother slowly comes undone. If this is what it's like to have a mate, I'm not sure I can do it. The broken man that became Trek when we found his mate and the state in which his mate was found just about destroyed him. And, this with my brother and Tanner; I can't imagine ever wanting to put myself through something like this; it’s heartbreaking.

I turned when I heard the beat of paws thumping the ground covering. A few royal guards followed by five or six of the warriors came through the scrub into the clearing, standing at a respectful attention stance when they approached.

"At ease," I told them before addressing the Captain of the Royal Guard once their stance had shifted. "What do you know?" I asked curtly.

The captain's eyes quickly glanced at Rush, who'd paused mid-step to hear what he had to say. The captain shook his head.

"Nothing. We have four different search parties. One is tracking Elder Easton. The other two plus our party are looking for the missing second, the alpha mate, and his guard. We came to update you as we were already passing by. We'll keep you informed."

"Thank you, dismissed." I hate stepping in for Rush. This is why he has Nash here in the first damn place. But, I don't have much choice under the circumstances.

"ROAR!"

The ground shook so hard I nearly lost my balance. I turned toward Rush as he took off at a sprint at the retreating search party. Trek and I shifted to our animal mid-air at my brother clipping his hindquarters, spinning him to the ground. We both laid over him, doing our best to keep him there. Fuck me, is the turd strong. The harder we try to pin him in place, the more vigorous Rush thrash against us. The more furious he becomes, the stronger he gets. I hope we have enough strength and stamina to wait him out, but damn the spirits, he's super strong right now. He'd have to exhaust himself eventually, surely.

Trek and I were on the same wavelength obviously, when Rush tried bucking us off, we both risked our lives biting down on the flesh at the top of his shoulder. We didn't break the skin but enough for him to feel. The fucker roared, almost vibrating us off the top of him. Trek slid down the big lion's side but managed to scramble back on top. It surprised me when Trek let out a fierce roar until I saw Trek's mate Kalou crawling toward us from the tree still in human form.

Exhausted, injured, and sickly, the man slid-crawled toward us; well, Rush anyway. I was two milliseconds from jumping off my brother to get between him and Trek's mate. I managed to stop myself at the last second when I realized Rush was starting to calm. I could hear Kalou humming in a soothing tone; the closer he got, the more my brother seemed to settle. By the time the man reached Rush, he was whispering so quietly I couldn't hear him, and with shifter hearing that's saying something.

Kalou didn't touch Rush, just collapsed a few inches from him as he hummed and whispered… What, I don't know. Whatever, it seems to be working. I glance over to Trek and the look of utter devotion is written all over his face while he stared with heart eyes at his mate. Rush's entire body relaxed as he shifted to human form allowing Trek and myself to do the same. My nose scrunched in irritation at the realization that my cock now sat along the crack of my brother’s ass. So gross. I pulled Trek with me getting the fuck off my brother. Seriously. Gross.

We stood in amazement, watching from above as Kalou continued his assault on my brother's anxiety. At the same time, they lay almost nose to nose. Rush himself almost humming at the strange man's cooing. Kalou’s eyes were lit up like the fourth of July, the strong powerful colors popping like fireworks slowly as he compelled or maybe manipulated Rush. Whatever he was executing, although a mind fuck, I am appreciative. I'd consider the dangers of the man's capabilities later.

"We need to regroup somewhere and figure out where the fuck the Alpha Mate and our friends are," I told Trek.

"Agreed, but we have to get these two back to the Manse with minimal exposure," he answered, still with the heart eyes and complete expression of unwavering devotion for his mate. “We don’t want anyone seeing the Alpha in this state.” Then he said one more word, well, a name that made sense but never even entered my mind. "Meredine."

Rush slowed to a whimpering then to silence. So silent and still, in fact, I thought he'd fallen asleep.

"She's spending the day in the kitchen with Cookie," I answered, "Meredine refuses to give up the recipes for the Pride Pecan Pie and Mango Parfait."

Trek snorted. "Tanner's been trying to get those recipes since we were kids. The woman will take them to her grave."

"No doubt."

We both moved at once as Rush and Kalou's heads drooped to the side as if they'd passed out – thank fuck – but I think it was from pure exhaustion. Trek scooped his mate up into his arms with his lips automatically resting on Kaloou’s forehead. Like it would be impossible for him not to be intimately connected to his mate.

The hybrid Liger in human form is a big guy, so much so, Trek looked awkward trying to carry the floppy unconscious man. It didn't seem like his mate was too heavy but long and muscular. Carrying dead weight is always the hardest but he had it under control. I think. I hope; because right now, I have my hands full with my brother. By hands full, I mean I picked that big bastard up and chucked him over my shoulder like a saggy piece of… hmm. A saggy piece of… Spirits help me out, would ya. There is no gentle here. I love my brother, but eh, I ain't carrying him like he's my bride.

My big fat-ass brother got heavier the further we traveled. Usually, it wouldn't be a problem but his butt seems to be gaining weight by the step.

"We need to stop for a minute. This lard ass weighs about a million pounds," I bitched at Trek.

"No."

"C’mon Trek–”

“No. We only have to get through the last of the scrub and through that copse of trees, and we’ll be back on Pride commons. We can get a ride from there; the maintenance cottage is just beyond and we should have some transportation we can use,” Trek grunted at me.

“Fine,” I said with a sigh, adjusting the body of my brother over my aching shoulder. “You’re going on a diet when this is all over, you heavy fucker,” I grumbled quietly to my sleeping hitchhiker.

I didn’t get a response, even though I’d hoped for one. Dumbass. I cussed, bitched, and moaned in my head the whole time we trudged to the clearing that becomes the Pride Commons. We meandered slowly toward the maintenance shed where Trek carefully laid Kalou down on the bed of a pickup truck outside the building. I toss slash dumped my brother’s big ass next to him with a sigh of relief.

“Wait here, I’ll go find someone and sign out the truck,” Trek said, already moving toward the entrance of the building.

“Sure,” I muttered, not that he could hear me. I leaned my back against the truck, crossing my arms and legs, melting comfortably into the truck where I stood.

I checked out the comings and goings around the area. A small group of cubs having fun kicking around a ball on the grassy area toward the cusp of the woods that led to human territory on the south side. There was a man I didn’t recognize cleaning the fountain in the middle of the commons. I wasn’t too concerned because we hadn’t been here that long, indeed I haven’t met everyone yet. It should be fine, but I’ll make a mental note to check that info later.

The sheriff was standing with a few of his deputies over by the medical clinic having a pow-wow. Well, that’s interesting. Wow, I’ve never stopped long enough to observe my surroundings this intensely before. Like usually, I would never have noticed the two young teenagers sneaking around the back of the commons shed. Sure, I probably would have seen them but dismissed the knowledge immediately, but I’m on high alert. Although, I don’t think I need to be too concerned about them. They probably just want a few minutes of privacy out of the sight of knowing, prying eyes. Hmm, ahh, to be young.

Tanner’s mom and sisters were walking a fast clip to the Alpha House hot on the heels of Cookie. The woman who we need to speak with immediately. The former Alpha Mate and the chef of the house. The two women would have to know more than most. Both intelligent and formidable ladies that douche bags like my father and the recently unemployed doctor would dismiss as nothing more than a nuisance. But these women, they see everything. I’d give my left nut if they didn’t know things that others either dismiss as nothing or don’t even take notice of their existence. Old mentality discounted these women as breeders. Women and omegas aren’t assumed to have brains, opinions, or anything close to an idea. I shook my head. If I ever, and I mean ever, needed any kind of information, they are who I would go to. And, that’s who the direction Trek and I are heading, once he gets here with a damn key for the truck. I ain't carrying that big turd one more inch. I swear I’m gonna need surgery to repair the damage his fat ass has caused to my shoulder.

“Got ‘em,” Trek said, holding the keys up for me to see as he walked to the driver’s seat. I hopped in the passenger side. Before starting the truck, he asked, “Clinic?”

I shook my head. “No, go to the staff entrance near the kitchen at the Alpha House.”

Trek raised an eyebrow. “Really?”

“Yup,” I relayed, “We can put sleeping beauty and the fat ass in a room to sleep off whatever this is.” I waved my hand to the back of the truck. “Then we need to speak with the former Alpha Mate and Cookie. Hopefully, Meredine is still in the kitchen.”

He started the vehicle while asking, “Why?”

Rolling my eyes, I answered, “Who would know more about the Pride and where all the bodies are buried?” He shrugged a shoulder silently allowing me to continue. “The elders treat omega women and men – I’ve noticed - like they’re invisible, but they see all.” I shot him with finger guns.

“Huh, true enough.”

<>-<>-<>

“Here ya go, Alpha,” Cookie said, placing a coffee and plate of snickerdoodles in front of me.

“You’re my favorite woman on the planet, Cookie, and don’t call me Alpha,” I groaned the latter in consternation.

“Why not, laddie; that’s what you are.”

“No,” I said, shaking my head spitting cookie crumbs everywhere. “I never want to be the Alpha, ever.”

“But –”

“No but’s woman, not Alpha.” I hummed appreciatively, devouring another cookie. “Spirits, these a good; you’re a magician in the kitchen, Cookie, my love.” I grinned cheekily.

“Go on with ya,” she said with a wave while a blush raised on her cheeks. “Now,” Cookie leaned on the countertop, “what are we doing to find our cubs?”

I sighed, feeling like a total heel forgetting for a moment that my brother’s mate and our two friends were missing.

“Well,” I answered, running my fingers aggressively through my hair, “we’ve come to talk with you and the Alpha Mate.” No way in hell was I calling Alpha Mate West the former Alpha Mate. I liked the woman, hell, I respected the woman, but fuck, she scares the bejeezus out of me. She is hella scary.

“Oh,” she stood up ramrod straight, “about what?”

I looked to Trek, who’d just come back into the room after checking on my brother and his mate.

“They’re still out,” he told us as he reached the plate of cookies, snatching one up and straight into his mouth, humming appreciatively. Looking at me with concern, he asked, “You sure they’re going to be okay?”

“Yes, whatever voodoo your mate can do took the wind out of their sails. They’re exhausted. A little rest, or a lot of rest, actually, will help them regain their strength.” I gave him a comforting smile. “We,” I said, twirling my finger around the three of us, “just need to find the missing parties before they come too. I don’t know how Rush is going to react once he wakes up.”

Trek grunted agreeably. “Not like he was handling it all that well in the first place. Not that I’m judging him. I don’t know what I’d do if it were Kalou.”

True enough, but I’m afraid of what my brother is actually capable of doing once he’s awake again and realizes his Tanner isn’t here. He was on a downward spiral leading to insanity.

“Meredine is convinced they’re still alive. Tanner anyway,” Cookie said, cutting off my thoughts. “So that’s somethin’;. We just need to find ‘em.”

At that comment, Cookie had our undivided attention, the actual cookies forgotten.

“Well, the way Meredine tells it, Rush would have perished too if Tanner was gone. They are bonded, mated, as one. According to folklore, Alpha to male Omega fated mates is the strongest of all bonds across shifters.”

“Hmm, but Rush says even when Tanner blocks him, he can still feel his heartbeat. At the moment, he can’t feel him at all,” I wondered aloud.

Cookie winked at me. “Exactly, which is telling. They have to be somewhere that is blocking their bonded tie.”

I looked over at Trek. “Do you have any idea where that could be around here?”

He shook his head slowly. “No, the only place I can think of would be the silver mines on the outer edge of the Northern Pride. It’s run by humans, though. What could they possibly gain from taking Tanner, Milo, and Nash.”

“Don’t know,” I answered absently, “how long do you think it would take to get there to check it out?”

“Day and a half, maybe, two,” he answered me with a scowl. “They’ve been missing, what? Fourteen hours now. Not enough time. It has to be somewhere closer.”

I picked up another cookie while I mulled over his conclusion. I voiced my thoughts for everyone to hear we’re spitballing ideas.

“Okay. If that’s the case, is there any place on pride land that would have the same effect that doesn’t get used anymore?”

“There are the cages,” Cookie said.

“They’ve been cleared since they went missing. Not to mention it wouldn’t block the bond between Rush and Tanner.” I informed her.

“Hm.”

I didn’t realize Alpha Mate West had joined us when she sidled around the kitchen bench to stand next to Cookie. I startled a little and tried to school my reaction quickly.

“What about the caves behind Meredine’s cabin?” Trek threw into the conversation.

“Most definitely not,” Alpha Mate West said while swiping one of my snickerdoodles – ruh-roh, stress eating; that can’t be good. Honestly, she’s lucky she didn’t lose a hand. She squeezed my shoulder with the ends of her mouth turned up into a small smile when I playfully snapped my jaws at her for stealing my love from the plate. How is she so damn calm right now? Although the stress munching is a bit of a dead give away, but on the outside – cool as a freakin’ cucumber. I know I’m calm; but that’s because I always am, and I guess it’s not my son, but at the same time, I know that they’re going to be okay. I can feel it in my bones. Maybe she can feel it too.

Trek reached for another cookie. I growled, “Mine,” hugging the plate to my chest.

He put his hands up in front of himself in a placating gesture. I curled my lip at him while taking another cookie, snapping it in half on the plate and handing him the tinier bit. He rolled his eyes, snatching it from my outstretched hand.

“Why not the caves?” Cookie asked.

“Bear shifters are living in them at the moment,” Alpha Mate West answered, totally non-plussed about the whole affair.

“Bears?” I asked curiously. I’ve never met a bear shifter. How exciting? “What kind of bears? Can we meet them?” Okay, I didn’t contain my excitement as well as I’d like.

“Focus, Alpha,” the woman snapped at me. See, hella scary. I thought she was cool, calm, and collected. But nope, she put on a good front. I felt my face soften as I addressed the former Alpha Mate.

“We’ll get them back, I promise,” I told her.

“I know we will, dear,” she said, leaning over the bench cupping either side of my face like a concerned mother. But then she squeezed so tight I thought my brain was going spurt out the top of my head like a pimple on an adolescent after a chocolate binge. Ow-ee! Woman, let me go. Of course, I didn’t say that out loud, but I damn well wanted to. Females can be mean.

“Pake me po va vears?” I asked, my cheeks squeezed so tight I sound ridiculous.

The Alpha Mate let me go sheepishly. “Sorry, Alpha.”

“No, no alpha.” I can see the smirk on Trek’s face, the rat bastard. He knows as well as I do, Rush showing up for the shifting of the crown ceremony was technically enough for the crown to be shifted to him. The ceremony is just that, a formality, a symbol of the actual event, nothing more. Rush is now King.

“What did you say?” Cookie asked, tilting her head examining me.

“Take me to the bears.” I wiggled my jaw to try and put it back in place. Damn, that woman is strong.

“Why?” Cookie asked.

“Well,” I said all hoity-toity, “firstly, I’ve never met one, and that would be really, so very cool. Secondly, aren’t bears supposed to have like super duper sniffer abilities or something? Wouldn’t they be able to track their scent? Supposedly, in theory, anyway?” I shrugged and snatched another cookie tossing it into my mouth.

“You’re right, to the bears!” the Alpha Mate exclaimed as we followed her lead out of the kitchen.

“Wait!” Everyone stopped in their tracks, glaring at me. “We need someone to keep guard on the king and Trek’s mate.” Trek nodded at me vigorously. “My brother is going to flip his lid the second he finds out that we’ve gone without him.”

Alpha mate swiped her hand dismissively. “I’ve got the old captain and a few of his most trusted men on it. They’re safe, trust me. Now, can we go? I want my boy back.”

“Yes, ma'am,” I answered. We all made a move to follow her to the caves. I’m going to see a bear. I’m going to meet a bear. I’m so damn excited I could pee my pants. I wonder if they’ll let me pat one. No, that would be wrong. Oh my spirits, I’m going to touch a bear. Whoop, yeah, baby. A bear!

<>-<>-<>

In our lion form, we loped our way through the rocky hills to the caves, my body becoming more and more jittery with a weird type of anxiousness. It thrums through my entire body. I mean, yeah, I’m excited about meeting bear shifters, but this seems like an overreaction. My eyes keep darting every which way hoping to spot one of the shifter bears before getting to their makeshift den. I don’t know what they’re cooking. The aromas are delectable; my mouth won’t stop salivating. My spirits, it’s like everything you could ever want in a meal and dessert combined.

I took a deep breath, chuffing on the exhale. “Can you smell that?” I sniffed the air again.

Trek glanced in my direction with his nose twitching away. He sniffed the air for a quick moment before answering, “I don’t smell anything.”

I sniffed the air again, letting my nose follow the scent of the mouth watering Italian herbs and fruit pie. It’s so good it's making me hard. Well, that’s different. I’ve never had a meal give me wood before. Whatever, I’m getting me some of that. We thundered around to the back of the hill, where a small stream ran down the hillside.

Whoa! Alpha Mate wasn’t lying. There are bears, baby! A few bears lay out on a giant rock next to the stream, sunning themselves—three or four bear cubs playing tag or wrestling in the grass. Human form shifters are lazily completing chores. For instance, two robust older ladies are soaking clothes in the stream then thwapping them against a large rock as if it were a completely different century. As I run my eyes over the scene, I realize there is no electricity out here. None. Can you believe that? They still seem content and happy. Huh? How very primitive, or maybe I’m just a spoiled freakin’ brat that’s had everything handed to him. Yeah, it’s the latter.

We all shifted to human form before venturing closer to the bears. “Whoa, look at them all.” I looked over to Trek as I almost vibrated out of my skin. Bears! Everywhere! Over there, and there, and more to my left. Bears, bears, bea–. Oh my spirits, look at her. The most beautiful of all the bears, and there's that smell again, but nobody is cooking. I have to get closer. As I moved, I heard my name being called in the distance. I think it’s Trek, but I don’t care; look at the pretty bear shifter. She’s all curves. I’m talking about the most perfect pear shape.

My mouth is salivating at the greedy beauty; she has stolen all the gorgeous in the world and kept it for herself. Big beautiful breasts, with a smaller waist that lead into a bountiful butt that’s making my mouth water. Oh, and those lovely wide childbearing hips, she’s not delicate, no, this woman is all woman. Her auburn hair set in pigtails high on her head but long enough to run over her shoulders to cover those breasts. I can feel myself drooling and hadn’t even realized how close I am to her now. Spirits this woman is everything, ngh, she smells like fruit pie. I can’t get enough, so what do I do? Yep, I stick my nose into the woman’s neck and sniff—my lion whimpers buckling at the knees inside me. I need to taste her skin, just a little taste.

Mate!

“Ow, ow, ow, ow,” I screech, crying out in pain all the way to the ground trying with all my might to remove the hand that’s squeezing my nuts like a friggin’ vice. My eyes follow the arm attached to the vice all the way to the fire-raging orbs belonging to my mate. “Hi beautiful,” I squeak out. She clucks her tongue in annoyance, releasing one of my favorite appendages.

“Tabitha, my darling. Are you okay?” The former Alpha Mate asks, her eyes boring into me admonishingly. “I’m so sorry. I’ve no idea what has gotten into him.”

Yeah, don’t worry about me; I’m fine down here in the fetal position with my nuts on freakin’ fire. But, Tabitha. My mate's name is Tabitha. I melt at the beautiful name for my very perfect mate. Closing my eyes, I try and concentrate on the pain in my groin, willing it to calm down. Unfortunately, all I can think about and see behind my eyelids is how my mate will look naked. Yeah, that’s not helping my situation at all. The voices around me fade; when I open my eyes to make sure I haven’t actually died, I see the back ends of my group walking toward one of the caves away from me. My stomach sinks at the lack of proximity to my mate. Well, that just won’t do.

Rolling to my knees, I take a few deep breaths before standing completely. I slowly and gingerly limp along, following the delicious scent of my mate to find my… friends? Family? Whatever, I need to find my mate. And Tanner, Nash, and Milo. That’s why we are here, right? To get the help of the bears to find them. But now my mate is here. I discovered my mate. Mate, mate, mate. I found my mate. And she’s a bear, baby. A bear! Whoop! Ow, my balls hurt.

Hi all,
We got a little insight into Beckett while we slowly move forward to finding the missing Alpha Mate and friends. 
Wes and I hope everyone is safe and healthy, hope you at least enjoyed the chapter even though the story didn't move forward much.
Up next is Rush, he's finally awake and not a happy camper.
Joh and Wes :hug:
Jack Wimberly and JT Babbage
  • Like 17
  • Love 15
  • Haha 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Here ya go, Alpha,” Cookie said, placing a coffee and plate of snickerdoodles in front of me.

“You’re my favorite woman on the planet, Cookie, and don’t call me Alpha,” I groaned the latter in consternation.

“Why not, laddie; that’s what you are.”

This statement leads me to 2  maybe (3)conclusions.

1.     Is Rush the King/Alpha and Beckett the mini Alpha or

2.    Beckett becomes Alpha of a split off pack Leaving King Rush (as a support group) or

3.     Becomes Alpha of the Bear pack (stupid I know but that is what I thought reading)

Link to comment

Oh why can't I put 2 emojis! I love this chapter and my sides hurt from laughing.  He now has someone to put him in his place. And I bet it's going to be great 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Welcome back!  I was so happy to see Sentinel Oaks in the lineup today!  I hope it won’t be another long wait for the next chapter.  This is such a great story, especially right now.

I think the discharged doctor and the malignant Elder have joined forces.  Come on, guys!  Get your acts in gear.  It looks like Tanner might rescue them himself now that he’s figured out where they are! 🤨

Can’t wait for the next installment!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

I think the discharged doctor and the malignant Elder have joined forces.

And I’m worried about the people left guarding Rush and Kalou. The two may in danger. 
 

Stoked that smart-ass Beckett has someone to put him in his place! Am I the only one wondering what a lion-bear combo would look like? I’ve gotta think that they’d just produce some bears and some lions, not a hybrid.

I’m also glad this story continues!

Edited by Geemeedee
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/21/2021 at 4:54 AM, Peter J. Gee said:

Here ya go, Alpha,” Cookie said, placing a coffee and plate of snickerdoodles in front of me.

“You’re my favorite woman on the planet, Cookie, and don’t call me Alpha,” I groaned the latter in consternation.

“Why not, laddie; that’s what you are.”

This statement leads me to 2  maybe (3)conclusions.

1.     Is Rush the King/Alpha and Beckett the mini Alpha or

2.    Beckett becomes Alpha of a split off pack Leaving King Rush (as a support group) or

3.     Becomes Alpha of the Bear pack (stupid I know but that is what I thought reading)

You can have more than one person with the designation of alpha in a pack. Right now we dont have plans for anyone seperating from the pride to form thier own.

Link to comment
On 5/21/2021 at 2:08 PM, Geemeedee said:

And I’m worried about the people left guarding Rush and Kalou. The two may in danger. 
 

Stoked that smart-ass Beckett has someone to put him in his place! Am I the only one wondering what a lion-bear combo would look like? I’ve gotta think that they’d just produce some bears and some lions, not a hybrid.

I’m also glad this story continues!

Thats a good question i think maybe itll be a mix of cubs, some lions some bears..

Link to comment
On 5/21/2021 at 11:13 AM, Clancy59 said:

Welcome back!  I was so happy to see Sentinel Oaks in the lineup today!  I hope it won’t be another long wait for the next chapter.  This is such a great story, especially right now.

I think the discharged doctor and the malignant Elder have joined forces.  Come on, guys!  Get your acts in gear.  It looks like Tanner might rescue them himself now that he’s figured out where they are! 🤨

Can’t wait for the next installment!

It wont be as long a wait. We're currently working on the next few chapters.

As towards the doctor and elder asshat, maybe.....

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 5/21/2021 at 6:42 AM, Hellsheild said:

Oh why can't I put 2 emojis! I love this chapter and my sides hurt from laughing.  He now has someone to put him in his place. And I bet it's going to be great 

We've got plans for them. 😈

Link to comment

I knew when I started reading this story that it was on temporary hold (how I missed it I don't know as I've read all the other stories), but now that I've gotten as far as I can go I'm so disappointed that it's been almost a year since an update.  I know the author is still writing as I've rea other stories since.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..