Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 3,111 Words
  • 2,221 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Sentinal Oaks - A Lion's Pride - 7. Chapter 7 - Nash

Hi all, I hope you enjoy the next chapter. A quick view from Nash's perspective.

“Nash!” Rush called out knowing I was waiting just outside the door.

“What is he doing here?” Elder Easton sneered with his lip curled. I love, love, love, that the guy can’t stand the sight of me. It’ll make my job all that much easier getting under his skin. By my job I mean for every time he’s an ass to Rush and Beckett I’ll get immense enjoyment ticking the guy off in some way. The more he upsets his sons, the worse I’ll be. The guy is a giant fucktard. I’ve never hated anyone as much as I detest that guy. And the fact that he’s now addressed as ‘Elder’ tickles my funny bone to no end. His vanity is only superseded by his assholery.

Elder Easton

Rush’s smile so very smug as he spoke. “He’s here because I invited him. I want him here.” He turned to me. “Can you please take Tanner to his room. I’ll be there soon; until then keep him safe.”

I nodded affirmation but heard Tanner grumbling. Rush turned to his mate taking him in his arms sweeping the hair back from his forehead. “Please don’t fight me on this, munchkin.” He gently pecked his mate on the lips. Whatever Rush had whispered to Tanner had his eyes filling with tears.

“I’ll do as you ask Alpha.” Ooh shit, I’m not sure Alpha Rush is going to make it to become the king by the look in his mates eyes. The acquiescing tone did not match the look; I’ve not yet seen this little fire cracker mad, but ooooh boy; Rush better wear a cup in their next conversation.

As I silently ushered Tanner from the room I heard the Alpha say to the guards, “Take him back to his quarters he’s not to leave the guest house under any circumstances. I don’t care if it is on fire.”

“I’ll gladly light the fucker,” I mumbled to myself getting a weird look from an older beta in the hallway heading toward the Alpha office.

Tanner must have heard me because he turned around with his steely eyes boring into mine. “Don’t cuss, you, you, jackal.” He twirled back around to keep walking and his back foot caught his front foot heel tripping him. I sucked my lips into my mouth trying not to laugh as he flung his arms out to the side to balance himself. Glancing over his shoulder at me with an expression of complete and utter annoyance he flicked his hand to the side. “I’m going to the kitchen to get snacks.”

“Alpha Rush told me to take you up to the bedroom.” Mistake!

The alpha mate to be whipped around stopping then poking me in the chest. “I am a grown ass adult. It’s bad enough being sent to my room by my mate, I’m not doing it without snacks.” He poked my chest again. “Do not cuss in the kitchen, Cookie is a lady and if she gets offended by your mouth, well… you’ll see,” he said the last bit smugly.

“Yes, sir,” I said with a mocking salute.

He curled his lip and growled at me turning back around quickly, losing his balance again. He gained control of himself with a huff storming off toward the kitchen. I love this guy; he has the confidence of an alpha but the sense and compassion of an omega. It’s all I can do to hold in my laughter nearly every time he gets his panties in a twist. Rush is a lucky, lucky man. Life is never going to be boring.

Tanner entered the kitchen through the swinging door throwing it back in my face, I pushed the door open with a chuckle.

“Tanny boy,” a robust woman in an apron sang as she poured brown sugar into a bowl of melted butter sitting on top of a steaming pot. “I hear ya mated with the new alpha, lad. I’m so glad you’ll be staying on. I woulda missed ya sorely.”

He smiled sidling up next to her swiping a strawberry from the little basket on the counter, lifting on his toes he kissed her cheek.

“I did,” he said before popping the berry into his mouth with a moan at the sweetness.

“Who’s this?” she flicked her chin in my direction.

He flapped his hand dismissively. “My personal minder, I think.”

“Aw, like that Dennis Waterman television programme?” she grinned.

Tanner shrugged with a befuddled look. “He’s boneheaded and…” he narrowed his eyes at me before stage whispering, “he has a dirty, dirty, mouth.”

The woman clucked her tongue narrowing her eyes at me, she lifted the spoon from bowl quickly swinging it in my direction with a splatter of sugar butter mix in a line up my nice blue polo shirt ending on the ceiling as she scolded me. “Ack, don’t you be slinging that language in this kitchen, laddy. I don’t care who ya ma is, I’ll clip you upside the ear, ya hear me?”

“Yes, ma’am,” I answered rubbing the back of my neck half confused about what she’d said; between her accent and the words I didn’t have a clue what she’d just admonished me for. It seemed safer to answer respectfully and hold my tongue. In my peripheral vision I could see Tanner’s smug ass grin. Little shit. Did he just call me boneheaded? I opened my mouth to fire back at him but the side door to the outside opened with Beckett appearing and two guys following him. Tanner’s face lit up.

“Hey,” Beckett slapped me on the back as he passed by me. “Tanner, what’s up, man?” he rounded the counter to join Tanner and the woman in the apron, he also stole a strawberry tossing it in the air catching it in his mouth before kissing the cook’s cheek.

The other two walked right by me grunting their acknowledgement of my existence. The stocky shorter alpha stepped around me his scent made my knees weak. Of fuck. Couldn’t he scent it too? Of course he couldn’t, shit, shit, shit. This is going to be hard to explain. I’m going to have to keep my distance from him, he can’t find out. He’s my mate. How is that even possible? Shit, shit, shit. If he finds out it could everything.

“You okay, Nash?” Beckett asked with a smirk. Asshole.

 

“Yeah,” I answered clearing my throat, “yes, mhmm, yep, fine.”

“You sure?” Beckett asked gleefully.

“Yep.” I stepped closer to the counter because I was already sporting a chubby. I want to cry this is going to be almost impossible to keep under wraps. I can already feel the pull, and my stupid traitorous eyes keep sliding in my mate’s direction. Like right now. Oh great, he’s giving me the stink eye. This is going to end so badly.

“Alrighty then,” Beckett the – what was the word Tanner used – Jackal. The Jackal!

Thankfully the asshole turned his attention and smirk to the cook.

“Hey Cookie, you look radiant–”

“Don’t go using that silver tongue on me, laddy.” She sighed as she turned down the heat on the stove top taking the sweet smelling mix off the burner. “The caramel tarts are in the cooler. Don’t scoff them all down they are for tonight. I made an extra batch for you youngens. Git ya stash and vamoose.”

Beckett rubbed his hands together licking the lips of the grin he was sporting. “Give me a hand, Nash. You won’t be sorry.”

It was only then that I realised I hadn’t really been paying attention and my eyes were glued to my mate, who’s now glaring at me with his arms crossed over his chest and his two best friends glancing between me and him. I wonder what his name is? It has to be something unique, special even. I love that he’s stocky and a little shorter than I am. He’s perfect, I sighed internally not giving two shits that I was still staring, and I am. Don’t care. His beautiful brown wavy locks all one length past his shoulders, green eyes that glistened in the light, a lovely straight nose and high cheekbones. Sigh, so hot.

“Nash!” Beckett called out like he’d said my name multiple times.

“Huh? What?” I said eloquently. I’m sure.

He titled his head toward the big stainless-steel door I assume is the cool room. “A hand?”

“Oh, yeah sure.” I followed behind him into the big refrigerator. Holy shit. How big is this thing? There are dairy, poultry, and other food items on shelf after shelf. The cold went right through me causing me to shudder. As a lion shifter the cold is not easy to take we like a warmer climate. “Hurry up, it’s cold as fuck in here.” At least it killed my semi-chub.

“Are you okay, man? You look like…”

I dropped my head into my hand before running my hand through my hair aggressively.

“He’s my mate, Beckett.”

His eyes grew bigger than should have been possible. “Tanner?” he squeaked.

“What?” I looked at him as if he were slow. “No, idiot. The shorter stocky one?”

“Milo?” he asked low and gruff.

A small roar rolled through my chest to the back of my throat. He waved a hand at me like I was being unreasonable. But, it’s my mate. I closed my eyes for a moment to calm down letting the name of my mate roll around in my head. So perfect.

This sucks.

“Cool your jets, I’m not interested in your mate,” he told me lazily while he looked for the tray of treats, which for the life of me I can’t remember what we came in here for.

“What the fuck am I going to do, Beckett? He can’t find out,” I whined.

The tray he was pulling from the shelf slid easily, he balanced it half on the shelf while he contemplated what I’d said, his face pensive.

“I don’t know, Nash. Are you being careful, taking your meds and all that?” he asked watching me intently.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “But, still, he can’t find out.”

Beckett shrugged quickly then sliding the tray almost all the way out. “Grab the other end, will ya?”

“How many did she make you guys?”

He grinned at me. “Not enough.” He followed with a chuckle.

“You guys are pigs.”

Laughing he shook his head. “I’m not even a bit sorry. You just wait until you try one of these beauties. You’ll bust a nut in your pants.”

“Ugh, how are you related to Rush?”

“Dunno,” he shrugged. “Good genes I guess.”

“Seriously? Have you met your father?”

“Uh, yeah. I pretend he doesn’t exist and thankful we take after our mother. Wherever the hell she is?” We moved toward the door of the cooler. “Can’t believe she left us with that miserable git.”

That made me sad. Their mother was there one day, gone the next. All Mr. Easton, sorry Elder Easton, hehehehe, told them was she couldn’t stand being a mother and took off. I’ve never believed him for one second all these years. He either threatened her to get her to leave or he offed the woman. I hope it was the former. Maybe I can search for her, find out what really happened. Did he say git?

“Huh?”

He shook his head. “An expression Cookie uses,” he said waving me off. Figures.

“Geez, I’ve only been able to understand half of what the woman has said so far.”

“I know,” he said with a chuckle. He pushed the door with his elbow as we went back into the warmer more comfortable temperature of the kitchen, which is empty. Empty! What the fuck?

“Beckett,” I growled as he put his end of the tray on the counter.

He looked around the room. “Huh? Well, I better head off.” Then the rat bastard fled the room like it was on fire while I was stood holding my end of the tray balancing it with the countertop and uh… Cookie? poured a sweet-smelling batter into rubber moulds with a smirk on her face. It made my mouth water or was that the residual scent of my mate?

“Where did they go?” I asked trying to keep my aggravation at bay so the woman wouldn’t hit me with the spoon in her hand. No doubt she can wield that thing like a freakin’ weapon and take me out.

“I dunno, laddy. They absconded while you were in the cooler.” That’s all she said, didn’t even look up from what she was doing. By the way her and Tanner interacted there was no way she was going to give up any information. Damn it. Rush is going to kill me.

The Alpha Mate and the beta I’d seen earlier were outside the office talking quietly with each other. It didn’t look heated but they were both wearing concerned expressions. The door banged against the wall when I swung it open in my mad rush to get into the office.

“Is he in here?” I demanded stopping in my tracks sniffing the room. I could smell his arousal from where I was standing. I tried to look into the hallway but when that gave me no answers I raised an eyebrow at my best friend and the future King Alpha.

“It’s,” He groaned pushing his hand down his pants. What the hell? “fuck…” he whimpered.

“That little turd–” I started but he bared his teeth snapping with a roar.

I rolled my eyes putting my hands up in defence. “His friends distracted me and he absconded.” He frantically pointed out the window and I leaped toward it. “Tanner…” I said, spotting him just outside next to a guffawing, “BECKETT!” I stepped closer to the window yelling at the asshole. Under the tree were Beckett, Rush’s mate and his best friends Trek and my mate, Milo, all in fits of laughter. They all went a shade paler while Beckett yelled, “Oh shit! Run boys.” The four shifted shredding their clothes in their haste scattering when I banged on the window pointing with a roar. I shifted dashing out the door with the alpha on my tail in lion form. Those three are going to get theirs, and my mate, well… I guess there isn’t a lot I can do to him unless I give myself away. Dammit.

“Sorry, Alpha. I dropped my guard, I didn’t think they’d run off.”

 

“What’s done is done, now you know how sneaky they are and you’ll be prepared next time.” He told me sternly, not quite mad, but enough to make sure I knew he wasn’t happy that I fell for their shit. I dropped back letting Rush lead the way, he is the Alpha and we were in view of the entire pride.

“Where the hell are your royal guards?” I asked glancing over my shoulder behind to see how close they were as we broke through the trees of the woods. Not even remotely close enough to be able to protect Rush.

“I don’t know. I’ll be addressing that later, trust me.” Rush broke to the left quickly. “There they are.”

We upped our pace slowing when we heard their voices. Rush stopped just outside of a clearing shifting back to human form behind a small copse of trees, still allowing us to see into the clearing where the guys were taking a break and catching their breath.

“Shh, stay down,” he said with a wicked smile. We watched them for a few moments, I couldn’t take my eyes off my mate. In human form he’s stunning. He’s short for an alpha but my spirits is the man built solid. Rush looked at me with an incredulous look. “What are you doing?”

Looking down I noticed I had been rubbing my now noticeable hard-on.

“My mate, he’s beautiful. I can’t help it,” I said peering through to where the men were standing.

“You’re what?” Rush asked with bulging eyes. “Who? Which one?”

“Shh,” I admonished, “Milo.” I could hear the low growl in my voice, still stroking my cock. Ripping my hand away from it I could feel my face heating.

Pounding paws sounded behind us, we both looked over shoulder to see three guards coming at us full steam ahead with no indication of slowing down. All shifting as they neared, slowing to a stop at our feet. Dammit. My cock rock hard I turned away watching our guys so my body faced away from the guards trying to hide my indecent self from view.

“Alpha, it’s your father. He’s escaped,” the guard closest panted.

“How?” he hissed. I bet that took a lot not to roar to the spirits.

“He overpowered one of the newer men,” the guard shook his head looking at the ground sorrowfully, “pretty bad, he’s at the clinic, alpha.”

“Fuck!” Rush said angrily but his face told me he was horrified. Turning to me, the saddest I’ve ever seen him. “Make sure you bring the guys back. I want Beckett and my mate in the office.”

“Yes, Alpha.” I fidgeted sorrowful for my best friend. I’m gonna kill his father.

The alpha and guards took off through the woods while I practiced my skills of stealth. The longer I watched my mate the harder I got. I don’t know when it happened but my hand went straight to my cock slowly stroking as I peered through the trees at my mate. Milo is gorgeous, perfect, just perfect in every way. Trek, big guy, probably as big as Rush moved away from the group. My mate followed behind giving me full view of his rock-hard butt. Breathing harder, panting I stroked faster imagining him pushing me up against a tree, spreading my legs before breeching through inside me in one hard motion. Giving me everything he had while he stroked me off in rhythm with his movements, hard and fast. My hand moved faster on my cock as the knowing tingle of impending orgasm at the base of my spine, my balls tightening and lifting before…

“Oh, fuck, yeah!” I groaned as rope after rope hit the trunk of the tree. I rested my forehead against my arm on the tree, panting at the intensity of my orgasm. Fuck, that hit me hard and fast. It’s going to be impossible to be around my mate.

“What have you been doing?”

My head whipped in the direction of that smug voice put lead in my stomach.

Fuuuck! Beckett, of course.

Thanks for reading, we hope you enjoyed the chapter. The upcoming chapter will be from Tanner with further developments in the story.
We appreciate your support and feedback. 
Wes and Joh :hug:                                                                                
Jack Wimberly and JT Babbage
  • Like 19
  • Love 11
  • Haha 11
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh my. My my my my my. How long until we learn what Nash is frightened of, exactly? And Rush's mom mystery just in time for Mother's Day! An Escaped Mental Father. Incompetent guards. And Tanner who probably won't do what he should to stay safe...from himself and father n law. 

Heeheehee.

This gonna be good!

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, tinytoes said:

Oh my. My my my my my. How long until we learn what Nash is frightened of, exactly? And Rush's mom mystery just in time for Mother's Day! An Escaped Mental Father. Incompetent guards. And Tanner who probably won't do what he should to stay safe...from himself and father n law. 

Heeheehee.

This gonna be good!

It will be! If not you get your money back! Well not money. Cant really get your time back either... 

It'll be good. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

It will be! If not you get your money back! Well not money. Cant really get your time back either... 

It'll be good. 

I have not one doubt. None. 😘

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I’m definitely looking forward to understanding Rush’s & Beckett’s mom’s disappearance and the story behind Nash covering up his Omega nature. Clearly, Beckett knows and I’m guessing Rush knows, too — perhaps they even helped him get the meds. 

One little touch that tickles me is how Tanner curses, and now we know why: Cookie is a force of nature and not to be trifled with, especially if you want her caramel tarts. 😋 

Edited by Dr. John NYC
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Dr. John NYC said:

I’m definitely looking forward to understanding Rush’s & Beckett’s mom’s disappearance and the story behind Nash covering up his Omega nature. Clearly, Beckett knows and I’m guessing Rush knows, too — perhaps they even helped him get the meds. 

One little touch that tickles me is how Tanner curses, and now we know why: Cookie is a force of nature and not to be trifled with, especially if you want her caramel tarts. 😋 

I have never wanted anything more than one of those tarts

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I have never wanted anything more than one of those tarts

I so agree!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Dr. John NYC said:

I so agree!

 

3 hours ago, Bft said:

Aye laddie 

I found the perfect recipe for them earlier today!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..