Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 4,442 Words
  • 3,746 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Sentinal Oaks - A Lion's Pride - 5. Chapter 5 - Tanner

After we settled into the bath, Rush started apologizing about how his dad acted. He insists on telling me how insufferable his father could be. Which I totally get but all I can think is I snotted all over the man’s face and he thinks he should apologize? My mate is a little weird. Mate. That sounds so good to say. I’ve waited my whole life to say that, also afraid it might be a woman but I got lucky with Rush. He’s perfect and all man.

“Do you really think Elder Meridene can help us with all these feelings we have, because I’ve never heard of mates being like us?” My gorgeous mate asked

“I would think so, yeah, she’s one of the oldest elders we have. She’s been around for like two hundred years or something like that. Although I will warn you talking to her can be a pain in the posterior and she will offer you some tea like twenty times and unless you have something to wash it down with you’ll never get the taste out of your mouth.” Speaking of mouths, I don’t want to stop kissing his. I leaned my head back lifting myself to reach his lips. Rush bent down to meet mine moaning when they met. When he pulled away he licked his lips savoring my taste. Ah, gawd he gets me so hot, I’ve got a woody already. Behave Tanner. “So why don’t we go visit Cookie and see if she has some kind of cake we can eat to go along with that tea.”

“Oh my god yes I’ve been wanting to try some more of her sweets since earlier. When I first came in to meet your mother, she offered me one of those caramel tarts and I’ve had a craving for another one since then. The woman really is something of a genius in the kitchen.”

At this point sitting in the tub with my mate it was so hard trying not to get him to ravage me again. I think slot B might be ready for tab A again. But my man had a one-track mind and proceeded to wash me gently making sure to pay extra attention to the red splotches on my skin. Oh, gawd the way he caresses my skin. I swear as soon as my bum is happy, we are going to play slots and tabs again, and again, and again.

After washing the both of us he took a fluffy towel and slowly proceeded to dry me. For someone who said we should hurry up and not try to start something he sure is trying his hardest to get me to spring a boner. After the way too erotic drying session he took the calamine lotion and covered all the red spots on us until we both had pink dots all over us.

Unfortunately, though neither of us had the foresight to bring clothes with us into the bathroom and when we both came out into the bedroom, I heard a familiar snort of laughter. Mother frakker, if Beckett ever wanted to use something against me, he has plenty by now. Before Beckett could say anything there was a low rumbling growl emanating from my mate, and suddenly Beckett paled. He told Rush he’d talk to him later and started to leave the room, but not before getting a few pictures of us in all of our speckled glory. I’ll have to find a way to get him.

After a few chaste kisses we finally made our way to the kitchens to see Cookie. Unfortunately, for us though Cookie wasn’t in the kitchen, but she did leave us some of her lemon bars. God this woman gets me so much.

All the way to Meridene’s cabin my mate has kept me tucked into his side as we walked together. It makes me feel like a million bucks. Whenever someone walks past and bares their neck my Alpha grins at them puffing up his chest proudly showing me off making sure they knew I am his mate. I can feel his pride all the way deep inside me, it’s lovely that someone is that happy to be with me. Me? The kid nobody liked until Milo and Trek came along. But the wonderful man beside me thinks I’m special. Oh, poop, my eyes are stinging again. I hope I don’t cry in front of him for no reason. Although, I’m just glad I haven’t tripped over yet since I’m carrying the pastries. That’d be the icing on my ridiculous cake, wouldn’t it?

That reminds me I still need to talk to my mother about all this. Holy duly, what she must be thinking right now after catching me and my mate like that. I wonder if she thinks I just sleep around? That’s a horrifying thought, the only person I’ve ever been with is Rush. I’ve saved myself for my mate, saved is a stretch it’s not like an opportunity ever presented itself either. All this new stuff that’s happening to us I sure would like to talk to her about it. I haven’t ever heard mother talking about anything like this with father. So, I think it’s best we talk to the elder first in case she can shed some light on this… whatever it is. So weird.

We rounded the path and a stone cabin came into view a hundred yards away. It isn’t exactly small but definitely not a mansion or anything. It is designed by balancing rocks, nothing holding them together! Can you believe that? It mystified me when I first heard about it, and I’d only really seen it from afar until now. Elder Meridene doesn’t get around all that well anymore due to her advanced age so the Pride comes to her these days. By the look of the beautiful and colorful garden beds surrounding the porch she is at least getting some exercise gardening. I’ll have to make sure I put Elder Meridene on my to do list every week to make sure we check in on her. I know–

Cutting off my mixture of thoughts, Rush bent his head kissing the top of mine as we strolled leisurely along, his arm still holding me against him. When his lips touched me, I felt a wave of love flow through my body. I tilted my head up smiling at him, he lowered his head again pecking his lips to mine while we walked. And, mental fist pump; I’m still upright and holding the pastries.

The closer the cabin got the more enraptured I was with it. This two-story grey and brown stone abode is balanced together. Nothing holding it in place but the laws of physics, so it doesn’t collapse in on itself; it blows my mind. Physics. Pfft. Magic. It’s held together by magic. I like to believe so anyway so I’m sticking with it.

With the porch just a few feet away I saw Elder Meridene sitting on a comfy chair with two empty chairs, on the table sat a cozy covered teapot with three cups sitting on saucers and an empty plate just waiting to be filled with the delicacies Cookie provided. What kind of voodoo is this? How did she know we were coming?

I tilted my head in confusion watching the elder. As we approached the first step I lifted my foot to commence up the porch my toe caught and I felt myself falling forward; in a smooth move my mate lifted me by the waist, at the same time taking the tray of pastries and kept moving up the stairs. He set me back on my feet at the top, kissed my cheek all the while putting the pastries back in my hands. Swoon. He did all that so I wouldn’t feel ridiculous face planting in front of the elder. My gratitude overwhelmed me, then I remembered what had really happened; I’d messed up yet again.

Falafel.

My mate didn’t even blink an eye he lovingly caressed the back of my neck sending soothing waves of his love to me while he continued as if nothing had happened that shouldn’t have. He neared the Elder who tried to get up from her seat to greet the new King Alpha to be. He waved her to sit back down.

“Stay, sit, sit. This is not a formal visit. I am Alpha Rush Easton, you may call me Alpha, or Rush. I have been looking forward to meeting you Elder Meridene. I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about you.” Smooth, charming, kitty isn’t he. He’s so perfect.

Meridene pulled her glasses up from where they hung on a chain around her neck. That made me frown with concern. As a shifter she shouldn’t be having any problems seeing, when we shift it heals all and anything harmed or broken.

“Are you okay, Elder Meri? What is wrong with your eyes?” I asked.

She leaned over her lap holding her glasses to her eyes so she could see me.

“Tanny boy?” Just love that pet name with the older folk. Thanks Cookie! “Is that you?”

“Yes, ma’am,” I answered, “is everything alright?”

She sat further back in her chair sitting upright as much as her body would allow her letting the set of eyeglasses fall around her chest hanging from the chain, waving a partly gnarled arthritic hand dismissively.

“Just a little old age, my boy. It’s getting harder to shift to heal the aches and pains. It’s not so safe to shift when I’m by myself anymore so I don’t get to do it often, but the doc makes sure I do when he comes to visit.” The woman smiled warmly at me. “Why don’t you cubs take a seat, we’ll have some tea and oohh!” a cheeky smile broke over her face. “Did you bring me some of Cookie’s special Lemon Bars?” she asked sniffing the air.

“We sure did.” My mate grinned, happily. So weird, I can feel his joy that he’d made the Elder happy. Joy is an understatement, he was giddy, and so is lion. His lion nipping at mine in excitement, I couldn’t help but internally throw a parade as my lion and his danced around together. This mating thing is freaking me out.

Rush glanced down at me amusedly. “Stop doing that.”

I just shrugged with a smirk. “Yours started it.” He rolled his eyes at me. I foresee a lot of that. Milo and Trek do it as well when they think I’m being unreasonable.

“Ah, so you’ve found your fated mate, Tanny boy. Congratulations.”

“Yes, ma’am, thank you.” I eyed my mate suggestively, it’s not like the Elder could see me do it anyway.

“What do you know about male omega’s and fated mates?” she asked.

Well it seems we don’t have to find a way to bring it into the conversation. I shook my head as I stood and commenced pouring a cup of tea for us all, followed by laying out the Lemon Bars on the plate decoratively. Elder Meridene smiled as she watched my movements.

“Not much, Elder Meri, but our connection is different to what we’ve been taught and heard from others. Is that because I’m a male omega.”

She nodded along as I spoke. “It is. Male omegas are rare, so rare in fact there are only two documented cases of fated mates that I’ve ever heard of, plus yourselves, of course. That makes three. If you recall from your teachings in the past male omegas were usually put to death or shunned by their Prides, until the King, your father Tanny, put a stop to it.”

Rush’s brow furrowed. “Oh,” he said disappointedly. “Is there anything you can tell us that might help? We have the normal connections of fated mates but it seems to go beyond that.”

She nodded again reaching for her tea bringing the saucer while holding the cup on top securely to her chest. “Hmm, yes. Well, when an alpha’s bonded to his fated mate their heart will beat together as one, linked, just as the soul is joined as one. Whereas the fated merely feel the heartbeat of their mate.” Elder Meri took a sip of her tea gently sitting the cup back on the saucer before reaching to the plate for a Lemon Bar. Her eyes almost rolled back in head when she took a bite of the pastry. Rush glanced at me winking as hissmile grew wide across his face, happy for the reaction the pastry induced.

Okay, that shared wisdom wasn’t news we already know that.

“As special as it is to feel your hearts beating as one, there’s a downside. If one mate’s life should end so will it be for the other mate. But, romantically dark and poetic don’t you think?” she didn’t really want us to answer because she followed quickly with a wistful, “I think so.”

Rush and I looked wide eyed at each other. I started to panic, but a wave of calm washed over me from my mate tempering my fight or flight response – usually set to flight. Pfft, not usually. Always. I took a deep breath closing my eyes to let his calming pheromones wash over me. After a few breaths my body settled to almost a relaxed state letting me gingerly take my seat. My poor bum is still a little sad, but it’s much happier since the bath I must admit. I just realized I’d been anxiously standing the entire time since I poured the tea. A warmth spread over my knee a few moments later, I looked down to find my mates hand settled there keeping our connection close and intact. My lion reached his paw out meeting with Rush’s lion. My heart just about bust with the feeling of love. This is so hard. Our emotions and feelings are so much more powerful than it ought to be. It’s a lot to adjust to.

My mouth had gone dry, so I decided to risk a sip of tea. Lifting the cup to my lips I let a little slide through into my mouth. Hmm, it didn’t taste too ba… ugh I was wrong that is nasty. I tried not to screw up my nose and grimace when I put the cup back in the saucer. Rush glanced over to me with his hand midair to get his cup. I discretely shook my head ‘no’, so he didn’t suffer the same fate. Blugh, yucky. He kept reaching but went past the cup to the plate of pastries. Safer bet indeed.

“According to the readings you’ll feel each other, your emotions, feelings, moods, and unlike regular fated mates, you won’t have to be near each other. No matter where you are you’ll be able to keep that connection. I’ve also heard it gets stronger the longer you are together.” She took another slow leisurely sip of her tea savoring its bitter dirty flavor. So yucky. I don’t even think a Lemon Bar will get rid of the taste.

“I see.” Rush stated. His eyes flitting to me with a million frightening questions written all over his face. All of a sudden, I felt embarrassed and I didn’t know why, I glanced at Rush and his cheeks and neck had gone a very dark shade of pink. Then I felt his arousal deep in my gut. I heard a sniff from Elder Meridene; now my neck and face are very hot. What the hell is he thinking about? Dirty boy.

Rush cleared his throat uncomfortably. “Will we be able to conceive, have our own family?”

Oh. Good question.

“Of course. Your bonding takes place in two phases,” she said matter of factly. “Fated mates go into heat immediately allowing conception quickly after mating. This is not the same for a male omega and fated alpha. First is the Mating Rut, this bonding the pair. Once this is done it prompts the male omega’s body to change and ready itself to procreate and conceive. From what I read this takes about three months, then the omega will go into a mating heat which will last anywhere up to five days unless they take. If that happens the heat ends.”

“Holy duly,” I said not meaning for it to be out loud. My face burned a little hotter. Rush squeezed my knee again releasing more calming pheromones.

“Indeed,” Elder Meridene said chuckling. “If you cubs have recently bonded, you’ll be going into heat right when the mating equinox passes. This is a rough time for all omega’s but if you go into heat around that time it can be especially hard. All I can suggest is stay hydrated.” The woman giggled. Actually giggled at my misfortune. I’m not amused because her knowledge is scaring the poop out of me.

I’m not sure I can take much more. So far, I’ve learned; one dies, both dies – harsh. This connection we can barely handle now is only going to get stronger – snotty sizzlers I’m going to be a basket case. And lastly my first heat ever is probably going to kill me anyway unless I conceive. Yikes! I want to curl up in my lion form and sleep for a hundred years just to avoid it all.

Oh, falafel my life.

I looked over to my mate who seemed as shaken and jittery as I did.

“I need to run.” Like now.

“It’s ok Tanny boy, it takes time to process, go have a run with your mate”

We thanked the elder and exited her home and stripped hiding our clothes in a nearby bush and proceeded to shift. After shifting I just stood there gawking at my mate. He was large and gorgeous. He had a beautiful tan color and an awesome ebony mane. Our shifted forms seem to complement each other well as I’m about a foot shorter than he is and I’m pure white. After finally shaking out of my daze I took off and Rush proceeded to chase me. Oh my it was so freeing to run with my mate. A few times he got behind me even nipped my tail. I rarely have this much fun while in a run.

“Munchkin hold up, do you hear that?”

“Yeah it sounds like someone’s crying what do you want to do?”

“I hear another voice; wait is that Beckett? Let’s just approach slowly and see what’s going on”

“Yes alpha.”

We silently came up on a clearing where it was indeed Beckett with the crying child. He looked like he was bandaging her arm.

“It’s ok little cub, it’s just a little scrape and I’ll get it all better in no time,” his voice was so sweet and caring. I look forward to getting to know him better he definitely is a lot more compassionate than his father.

“Aww, he’s so sweet,” I said in awe of Beckett. I should have guessed he’d be great with kids since he’s a big one himself at heart.

Rush chuffed quietly watching his brother, he rubbed against my cheek then down my neck. “He loves kids. Beckett has always wanted to be a pediatrician. That’s what I want for him too. I think he’d be a great doctor for the cubs in the pride. He’s already done most of his education, I just need to get the shifter doctor in the pride to agree to take him on for the next two years to complete his shifter residency.”

Are you ready to head back munchkin? I think my little brother has this well in hand”

“I think I’d like that a lot alpha.”

My heart melted when Beckett kissed the little cub’s boo boo before she ran off then we took off running back toward Elder Meridene’s. After shifting and dressing we made our way to my bedroom where my honorable alpha tried to go back to his room, but I wouldn’t let him. I needed to fee his arms around me tonight. There isn’t any need for us to sleep separate. Rush is my Alpha, my fated mate. We aren’t doing anything wrong. In the eyes of pride law we are married.

Waking up the next morning I found myself alone in the bed. I had no idea where my alpha was or when he managed to slip out of the bed. I’d find him soon though. I could feel he wasn’t that far away so I figured I had time before I would meet up with him. While showering I felt a bit of panic, and realized it wasn’t mine but Rush’s. I hurried and finished up so I could make my way to dad’s office. Dang, I need to remember its Rush’s office now.

By the time I reached the room Rush had company. One was a girl with shoulder length brown hair and the other was a guy who stood about two inches shorter than my mate. He had shorty curly ginger hair and when he turned, I could see he had green eyes. About the time I entered the room I could see Rush had a look on his face and I wasn’t sure if it was fear, panic, or both.

Before I could say something what I now consider the most annoying voice in the world shrieked out:

“Oh my god Rushy!!! It’s been forever since we saw each other, everyone back home is totally missing you.”

Holy duly nails on chalkboard have nothing on this chick. As I looked ginger boy looked totally uncomfortable as he was wincing from the ear-piercing screech. Ok maybe it wasn’t that bad, but it was annoying. I noticed something peculiar about the green-eyed guy though. I could sense he was wearing omega blockers, which are only used when you want to hide the fact that you’re an omega.

After clearing my throat everyone turned and looked at me and boy, did my mate look uncomfortable.

“Alpha wouldn’t you like to introduce me to your friends?”

Blushing he replied, “oh yeah, um this guy right here is my best friend from back home Nash, and this um, young lady is Karen Falcone, a family friend.” He didn’t look entirely convinced that was the truth either.

“Um Rushy who’s the little weirdo just staring at you like you’re a piece of meat?” Yeah, I hope she doesn’t stay long as that voice might require a muzzle.

“This gorgeous guy is Tanner West, son of the Late Alpha Elias West.” Not mate, huh?

“Oh so they’re still here? I thought they’d be gone by now?” Oh my it was taking everything in me not to say what was on my mind to this vapid little, be nice Tanner, be nice.

Seeing my discomfort, Rush suggested I come back in a bit while he gets some things straightened out with his friends. It’s fine I can tell when I‘m not wanted. I am curious bout Nash though, why wear blockers? I can’t imagine Rush would have problems with his bestie being an omega. Oh, well not my problem.

I decided it would be a good day to shift and run in the woods, hopefully alone so I went off to do just that maybe I could clear my mind.

After a few minutes I came across my favorite clearing, it was one where me and dad would often wrestle with each other when he had a rare bit of time off. I wasn’t really surprised when I found my mom there with my sisters Annette and Lynette all in their shifted form.

Come on Tanner I can tell you’re there, we’re the only ones who know about this place.”

Of course mom could sense me. I never was able to hide from her.

Hi mother, what are you doing here? I was expecting to be alone out here?”

“You’re welcome to join us sweetie.” Well, I guess that is better than being alone right now.

We spent a good deal of time just sitting and chatting. When I brought up my concerns about Karen my family couldn’t help but laugh.

” Jealous already Tanner? Just because she was a friend back home doesn’t mean she was that kind of friend son.”

“Yes, well, you didn’t see how she was clinging on to my Alpha. It looked like she was trying to climb him and mark him as hers.” I huffed.

“Your Alpha? Seems to me like no one else can claim him. Especially after I walked in on you two yesterday.” Oh great pretty sure if I wasn’t shifted I would be fifty shades of red already.

“He’s my fated mate,” I said defensively.

“It’s ok Tanner, I’m glad you found your mate so soon, it doesn’t hurt that he’s a gorgeous alpha either.”

Well at least I know she’ll support us. Elder Easton however probably won’t. We spent a little bit longer just chatting and casually grooming each other until mother decided we should head back. I agreed I needed to see my mate.

Just as we were entering the door Rush walked up with Nash and Karen smiling.

“Alpha Mate, just the person I was looking for, I think my father has stewed enough shall we go talk with him?”

“I believe it is a good idea to get this over with Alpha Easton.”

“Nash, would you mind staying with Tanner maybe get to know him, and Annette, Lynette maybe you could show my friend Karen the best place to do some shopping?”

Giggling my sisters agreed, and begrudgingly I did too. As I got to know Nash I realized why he was Rush’s best friend. He also assured me that Karen’s attraction was totally one sided. He continued to tell me stories about Rush and Beckett growing up, apparently both were little hellraisers in their youth. In the middle of the latest story I felt a tenseness and frustration and I decided it was time to seek out my mate.

“Where are you going Tanner? Rush wanted us to wait here.”

“Something isn’t right, and they’ve been gone for way too long, if you want to stay here you can but I’m going to find my mate.”

It took a few minutes to find them and when I did I opened the door.

“Oh, good, Alpha. You’re okay. I was worried. I could feel–”

“What the hell is that on his neck?” and suddenly Elder Easton launched himself at me.

Hey Folks, hope you enjoyed chapter five. How do you think the new arrivals are going to fit into the Pride?
As always, thanks for reading.
Wes and Joh
Jack Wimberly and JT Babbage
  • Like 24
  • Love 16
  • Wow 3
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You have introduced an intrigue situation into your story.  Some people call that a cliff hanger.

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, CLJobe said:

You have introduced an intrigue situation into your story.  Some people call that a cliff hanger.

 

That one was totally on me. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Elder Easton needs to know his place and back off, Rush may have to ban him from the new pack, he is way out of line. I wonder why Nash is using Omega blockers? 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 3/9/2020 at 3:28 AM, Bft said:

Elder Easton needs to know his place and back off, Rush may have to ban him from the new pack, he is way out of line. I wonder why Nash is using Omega blockers? 

All will be revealed. But yeah he definitely needs to learn his place

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Okay, one question answered, , , . 'golden color with a large black mane', , , . definitely African lion. but Tanner is white? There is a new mystery; Albino lion?

Edited by Will Hawkins
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..