Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Autumn - 5. Countin' on a Miracle

Saturday, 31 August 2013 - continued

“What’s up, dude?” Brett placed his hands on the teen’s shoulders, peeking at the phone as they walked towards the elevator.

“Hmmm, text from Trip asking me to call him. And an e-mail from Chief Jacobs in Arlington.”

“I think we can guess what Trip wants to talk about. Wouldn’t you think so, Brett? Danno probably told him about your arrest. The damn Texan isn’t going to be happy until you agree to give him some sort of exclusive interview. What does Jacobs want?”

“Hmmm… he wants a meeting across the river.”

“He wants you to go over to the station? When?”

CJ wasn’t surprised by the slight agitation in the marine’s voice. He knew Brett was not likely to let him anywhere near the place by himself. His dad would feel the same; the cop better not expect to intimidate him in any way.

“Nope, he says he’d like one of my dads to call him as soon as possible, to arrange a meeting. He gave me his mobile number.” CJ’s tone was calm, he had no concerns over anything the chief might have to say. He had complete trust in his dads keeping him safe from any tricks the cop may try to pull.

“I think you better handle this one, César. You’re CJ’s legal guardian, you get to make any decisions needed.”

“I’ll call him, but any meeting will have to include you. Legally, CJ may be my responsibility, but you have as much say concerning him as I do.”

“Hello… I’m right here, you know. What about me and what I think? Don’t I get a say in whatever goes on?”

“Of course you do, bud. But as your father, legally I have the final word on anything concerning you while you’re a minor. I’ll call him once we get home and see what he wants.”

“Okay, sorry to get all excited. While I’m at it, I realize I was a pushy ass last night, I apologize,” CJ was riding shotgun and turned sideways, looking back and forth between his dad, and Papa Brett who was in the back seat. “I know we’d made plans to ride the bikes out to Virginia this weekend, but if it’s okay with you, I’d rather do it some other time. What I really, really want is a hard work-out, and a little time in the steam room or the sauna. Then I’d like lunch with just you guys. I’ve been surrounded by too many damn people since those idiots arrested me. We can go visit Adriano and Uncle Tommy again afterward.”

“You’ve been spending too much time with Papa, CJ. You’re starting to plan things out, and order people around, like a marine sergeant would.” CJ had a shit-eating grin on his face after his dad’s comment, while Brett tried to look indignant. He failed miserably.

“Fuck you, César. He gets the anal-retentive organizing skills from his father the bean counter, not from me! Actually, bud, your plan sounds perfect. Dad and I will deal with chores while you’re at Yates. How does lunch around thirteen hundred sound to you?”

“Cool! I’ll get in touch with Uncle Trip later and see what he wants.”

 

On his back doing bench presses, CJ was sweating profusely. He was exerting himself more than usual, wanting to use physical activity to help rid himself of stress. Stress generated by the events he’d lived through in the past day. He tried to prevent his mind from replaying details of what had happened: Adriano’s accident, the death of his wife, Uncle Tommy’s shooting, the disagreement with the detective’s parents, the confrontation with the priest, and his arrest by the idiots in Arlington. No matter how hard he tried, quick flashbacks intruded in his thoughts, affecting his concentration, and at one point making his right arm falter―the barbell he was lifting started to tilt. It could have smashed onto his chest had it not been for a hand shooting out and holding it steady.

“Whoa there, big guy! I was watching your form, impressed with the way you were handling the weight so well. What happened?”

“Thanks for the help, man. Just got distracted thinking about a lot of crap that happened yesterday. You just saved me a lot of pain and some serious embarrassment. What’s your name, man? I’m CJ.”

“Hayden, bro. I’ve seen you around here before, CJ. You usually work out with a tall Asian guy. What, no partner to spot you today?”

“Nope. That’s my friend Chatri, we don’t usually lift on Saturdays, I came in on my own today. The last twenty-four hours have been crappy and I needed the physical activity. I think I’m gonna call it quits though, maybe sit in the sauna for a little while.”

“Actually, that sounds real good. See you there in a few. I wanna finish up with some crunches.”

Some ten minutes later, as promised, Hayden walked into the sauna room. The man wore a white towel around his neck and a smile on his face. Almost everyone who ever used the sauna or steam rooms wore shorts or wrapped their towel around their waist. Not Hayden. He was on full display and CJ couldn’t say he minded. The guy’s brown hair had lots of red in it, not a flaming carrot top, more of a dark rust, and the carpet matched the drapes. A smooth, well-defined torso had a sprinkling of freckles on it, which seemed to multiply over his shoulders. Both of his arms had tattoos on them, although not even close to being sleeves, they looked good. CJ thought the guy was fairly young, either a freshman or a sophomore at Georgetown he guessed.

Hayden placed his towel to CJ’s left, on the bench above him, and spread his legs widely as he sat down. CJ turned his head to say something to his new acquaintance and ended up staring right at the man’s penis. He kept his gaze on the man’s crotch for a minute; it was obvious Hayden noticed.

“Go for it, CJ, have a taste.”

“Dude, you nuts?” CJ’s head snapped back and he looked up at Hayden staring straight into his eyes. “I ain’t giving you a blow job here where someone could walk in any minute. I’m not even looking at you anymore.” He didn’t say no; he said not here.

“Hell, if any of the guys out there on the floor walked in, they’d probably wanna join. You could end up with more than one of us to play with. But it’s cool. Come back to my place with me, we can have some fun there.”

“You live in the dorms?”

“Nah, I share a house with my brother, who’s a senior here at GU, and a couple of his friends. It’s at the bottom of the hill, across from Lauinger Library. Wanna come over? You can shower there afterward.”

“Yeah, that’d be cool.”

“Let’s go then.”

CJ threw his sweaty duds back on, grabbed his gym bag, and followed Hayden out. Walking through campus, they kept mostly silent; both were smiling, and constantly stealing glances at each other. Once at the house, the guy turned around, grabbed CJ in his arms, and planted a furious kiss on his lips.

“Bro, you’re hot, and I love your ass. I’d enjoy tapping that!”

“Sorry, guy, but that ain’t gonna happen. However, I’d love to have that taste you mentioned before.” CJ stuck his hands underneath Hayden’s shirt, running them up his hard, smooth abs and chest; in the process, lifting off the sweaty garment.

“Works for me, studly. Strip!”

Clothes flew everywhere, in seconds, both men were naked, Hayden sank to his knees, and CJ had to lean back against the door to maintain his balance. The mouth which had enveloped his hardening cock was hot and wet; the tongue running underneath his foreskin, caressing the sensitive glans, made him moan and feel weak in the knees.

“Oh fuck! That feels incredible, please don’t stop.”

But stop Hayden did, as he turned the teen around and attacked his ass; slurping up and down the cleft, separating the meaty half-globes. When he drilled his tongue inside the pucker, the moaning increased in both frequency and volume.

“Oh, oh, man, oh, that’s insane! Fuck! Dude, you’re driving me crazy. I want a shot at you!”

“You do, eh?” said Hayden as he slowly rose, maintaining contact with the younger one’s body. He nibbled on CJ’s ear as his hard cock slid up and down the youngster’s ass crack. “You sure you don’t want me to just slip it inside you? Huh? Seems to me you’re ready for something other than my tongue.”

“I’m sure, stud. I want your cock inside me, but in my mouth. Come on, you can play with my butt if you want, but I wanna suck you.”

They ended up on the floor right there by the front door, side by side, head to toe. The aroma of the two sweaty men going at it after their workout permeated the room, assaulting CJ’s sense of smell. It worked to inflame not only his passion, but Hayden’s too. Soon after latching onto one another, it was all over.

While in the shower afterward, lathering their bodies, the conversation turned to details of their lives. CJ discovered Hayden had a girlfriend who wasn’t aware of his interest in men. This bothered CJ but he gave no outward impression of his discomfort. When the boy disclosed he was a junior in high school, his host got visibly nervous and began to hurry things along, obviously trying to get the underage boy out of the house. CJ became even more upset when he realized this. What the fuck? Why would Hayden mind if he was young all of a sudden? Not like he was an innocent little kid.

“Hate to rush ya, kid, but I hafta meet my girl for lunch.”

CJ slipped on his new Walls black t-shirt with the embroidered penguin logo on the left breast, a pair of gray cargo shorts, and his flip-flops. “No problem, I need to get home anyway, my parents are waiting for me.” There was no suggestion of getting together again from either one.

 

“Damn, boy! What took you so long? We were ready to send out the Marines to try and find you.” Brett greeted CJ as he walked into their home in his usual boisterous way.

“Ha, ha, Papa. You’re so funny. I met this guy and I sorta got distracted.”

“Oh? And how exactly did you get distracted?” César’s paternal alarm started chiming inside his head.

“You know, Dad. I got, distracted.

“Humor me, CJ. Why don’t you explain how you got distracted? Papa and I are old, sometimes we can’t figure things out on our own.”

“Sure, Dad. But old, my ass! Anyway, I was doing bench presses. I lost my concentration, and the barbell started to slip. Hayden was there and grabbed it before I dropped it. We chatted for a bit there and then in the sauna. The guy was smoking hot. He must have noticed me staring ‘cause he asked me to give him a bj right there. I turned him down.”

“I’m glad you showed some common sense. Hopefully, you learned a lesson in Arlington, even though you didn’t do anything. Sex in public places is a no-no. So how come it took you so long to get back home if nothing happened?”

“What’s up with all the questions? You guys haven’t done this before.”

“But we’re generally aware of where you are and what you’re doing. It’s not like you to kind of disappear, without letting us know what’s going on, when you know we’re waiting for you.”

“Fine, I guess I did take longer than I usually do. Sorry. Nothing happened at the gym, but he invited me to walk with him to the house he’s watching for the summer. He wanted to fuck me, but I turned him down on that front also. Ended up trading BJs which was fun, and then we took a shower together. That’s when I found out he had a girlfriend. It bothered me, so I didn’t even hint at getting together again. I think he was surprised I was in high school, he thought I was a GU student.”

“César? He’s your son.” Brett wasn’t smiling when he spoke. CJ’s smile disappeared; a look of slight worry replaced his previously cheerful expression. César realized how he handled the situation could impact CJ’s openness with them in the future. He and Brett had told him from the moment he moved in he could talk to them about anything. This was not the time to make the boy regret he’d believed his fathers.

“Fuck you, Jarhead, you wanted a kid, didn’t you?”

“Yeah, well…”

“CJ, Papa and I disapprove of you going home with this guy. Wait! I’m not going to go crazy on you or anything, we told you we would always listen to anything you had to say. I’ll stand by that statement. I’d like you to do the same for us and listen to what I have to say. We have no issues with you having sex. Both of us did so when we were your age. When Landon visited, you slept together, and I’m assuming sleep wasn’t all you did. This is different. You went home with a stranger and by doing so put yourself in danger of getting hurt.”

“Dad, he may have been older, but we were close to the same size. And you know I can take care of myself.”

“Yes, we do know, CJ. But after the Memorial Day Weekend incident we discussed overconfidence and that comes into play here. Nothing bad happened. You had your pipes blown out―pun intended—and you came home safe and sound.”

“That’s right, Dad. So what’s the big deal? All I did was get blown by a guy. And that was a cheesy pun, by the way.”

“I’m going to sound like a silly helicopter father, but here goes. He could have overpowered you with someone’s help. If that person had been waiting at the house, he could have used something as a weapon against you, before you had a chance to react. He could have been just as skilled as you are in martial arts, or even better. Don’t laugh at this one, but he could have even bitten off your pecker while he was blowing you!”

“Ouch!”

“Yeah, ouch. Pretty sure Brett will agree with me, we’d rather you not do anything like that again. Particularly with someone older than you. Did you ask him how old he was? The age of consent in Washington is sixteen. That guy could be charged with rape.”

“Ohh, I never thought of that. He lives with his brother who’s a senior so definitely younger. Prolly a freshman or a sophomore.”

“Gotta think about all of it, buddy. Look, you meet somebody and decide to get frisky? Great! Bring him home, let one of us meet him, and then go up to your room, and fuck each other silly or whatever.”

“Dude, your father and I love you. We understand being horny.” Brett had been standing in the kitchen, across the breakfast bar where César and CJ were sitting, listening and nodding his head frequently. “When we were teenagers, we walked around popping wood all the time like you do. I think being gay makes it easier to get laid. No matter what they may think, women will never understand how we’re wired. They need a reason to have sex, we just need a place. So you have a place. Be smart and don’t take unnecessary risks when you do decide to have a little fun.”

“Papa’s right, CJ. We’d like you to always think about your safety. We also want you to learn from your experiences, especially when you do something which may not be real smart. The arrest yesterday taught you never to leave home without identification. The blow job today should teach you not to go home with a trick.”

“Geez! Fine. I guess you’re right. I need to remember I’m being treated as a grown-up by the two of you and should try to act like one. But damn could the guy suck dick!”

“Asshole!”

 

“Hey, dads, did you call the Police Chief over in Arlington?” CJ and his dads were walking along the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal Towpath on their way towards Rogo’s. The twenty-minute walk from their home was one all three had made repeatedly over the past summer; one where greetings were constantly exchanged with the multitude of strollers along the popular pathway. He had traded text messages with Trip. The man had suggested meeting at the bar, and they’d agreed since the place was conveniently on the way to the hospital.

“Dude, with all the excitement over you getting your tank emptied, we forgot to tell you.” Brett threw an arm around CJ’s shoulders, an affectionate move that brought smiles to a young couple walking toward them.

“Funny, Papa. So what did he want?”

“The same thing he told you in his e-mail. He wants to meet with us. We insisted you’d be present, even if I get to make the decisions since you’re a minor.” They had reached Rogo’s and César held the door open for the other two men. “He wanted to do it before the holiday weekend was over, so we agreed on Monday morning around ten. He’s talked to the two cops involved, and wants to chat with us before he makes any decisions on how to proceed.”

“Okay. Can we get the assholes fired?”

“No idea what will happen, buddy. They’re probably unionized, and those two will get lawyered up at the first sign of trouble.” César waved at Margarita, the manager on duty, who gestured, indicating they could take any open table. He picked one towards the back, wanting a little privacy for their conversation with Trip.

“What time is Trip meeting us, CJ?”

“He’s next door at Uncle Danno’s, Papa. He told me to text him once we got here and he’d be right over.”

“Okay, text him. What do you want for lunch?”

“Bacon cheeseburger, sweet potato fries, and an iced tea.”

“I think I’ll have the same. What about you, César?”

“I wanna try the Mango Shrimp Salad: green mango, grilled shrimp, and the spicy lime dressing we like. I think I’ll have an iced tea also.”

“Hey, there’s Uncle Trip.”

“How are my favorite nephew and his two sexy dads doing? It’s good to see y’all.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Favorite nephew and sexy dads, my ass. Park your butt down, cowboy. I think we all know what you want. Where were you yesterday?”

“Fuck you, Jarhead. Your son happens to really be my favorite nephew. The fact he keeps getting into newsworthy situations is just a plus. I spent most of the day yesterday working on stories about Potus. The Post called me up, I’d included Tom’s name amongst my list of contacts, and because of it, they asked me to work on their coverage of the shooting. I’m headed to the hospital after lunch. No reporters are being allowed near him yet, but he and JP have agreed to give me the first interview, a joint one at that. The paper’s going to love the human interest side. Easy to spotlight the angle, now we know he’s gonna be okay.”

“Great, that’s where we’re headed too, we can go together. CJ wants to visit Adriano’s kids first, then we’ll drop in on Tom.” César turned his attention towards the server who had been standing by the table for the last minute and placed their order. After asking his boss’s boyfriend if he wanted anything, and adding Trip’s choice to the ticket, the young man made a bee line towards the kitchen.

“So, CJ, I hear you had a little run-in with the boys in blue in Arlington. Feel like telling Uncle Trip what happened?” Being old school, the reporter had taken a spiral-bound notepad and a pen out of his backpack.

“Sure, I’ll tell you what happened. But you can’t publish a story about it.”

“Damn! You’re no fun, nephew. Fine, same rules as before. I won’t publish anything unless I have permission from you and your dads.”

“Okay. I decided to skip lifting yesterday and go for a run instead. I have several five-mile…”

 

CJ and his dads promised to let Trip know the outcome of the planned meeting with Chief Jacobs on Monday. Once they heard what the man had to say, they would decide on further action. If the outcome was to go public, Trip would get an exclusive interview with the three of them.

“That’s all I can ask for. But I’m still writing a story, just as I did after the motorcycle rally incident. I’m filing them away for the future. One day you’ll be famous, then I’ll get to write your biography.”

“Ha! Don’t hold your breath, Uncle Trip. After spending two weeks in Senator Rubio’s office, and seeing how politicians have to deal with being in the news all the time, I think I’m going to pick a more private career.”

“Does that mean Georgetown University and Georgetown Law are out of the running as potential schools?” The thought of CJ moving away, after he had fully come into his life, wasn’t one César wanted to entertain.

“Pretty sure, Dad. Prolly want to pick a school far away enough from home so I can live in the dorms. Speaking of Georgetown, that guy I told you ended up spotting for me at the gym had some really cool ink on his arms. Pretty colorful stuff and a couple lines of script.”

“Maybe after you turn sixteen. We need to check what the law in Washington allows.” César spoke before CJ could make any further comments.

“What?”

“I’m gonna pee my pants if I start laughing now!” chuckled Brett.

“Shut up, Jarhead! If it’s legal, you’ll have our permission to get inked, CJ. With some restrictions. Papa and I were wondering when you were going to ask us. We’d already agreed on our response.”

“Have I told you lately that I love you guys a hell of a lot?”

The laughter of all four men attracted the attention of passersby. After walking down Pennsylvania Avenue for the past fifteen minutes, they rounded Washington Circle Park, nearing the entrance to the Ronald Reagan Institute of Emergency Medicine―better known as the emergency room at GWU Hospital.

“Do you know what you want?”

“Yeah, Papa, I want a tribal design in the shape of an upside-down triangle below my neck, between my shoulder blades.”

“That works. Dad and I don’t want you to go crazy, and we don’t want anything that would show when you wear a t-shirt or shorts. That means the torso, back, groin and ass are fair game. We also discussed piercings and would prefer you hold off on those. If you decide you want one, ask and we’ll discuss it.”

 

“Unca CJ, Unca CJ, you came to see us!”

“Of course I came to see my little monsters. Look at all those toys all over the room. I guess you’ve both had a fun day.” CJ and Adriano’s kids had interacted a few times over the summer; he’d even babysat them on a couple of occasions. The kids had taken a liking to their unca from the minute they’d met him. “And I see daddy’s awake, hopefully feeling better. I brought markers so we can all sign his cast. Maybe you two can also draw a little something on it to make it look better?”

“Yay!” came the shout from both children.

“Getting there, CJ, getting there. César, Brett, thank you so much for coming to see me.” Adriano extended his hand to greet his visitors, managing a half-smile for them.

“You look as well as could be expected, Adriano. And the kids seem to be doing okay.”

“Not real happy about things right now, César. But I’ve got my two little angels to worry about. I gotta put up a strong front.” Adriano was in the bed by the door, sitting up, with his broken leg propped up by several pillows.

“You’re family, Adriano, and family looks after each other. You need anything at all, you ask for it. Danno’s going to talk to you later. He’ll clue you in on some background about us. Pay attention to him.” César spoke discretely in front of the injured man’s parents; he and Brett had already decided their resources would be made available to the bar manager and his kids. Danno would act as an intermediary, letting Adriano know he need not fear financial difficulties.

“That sounds like something an Italian would say. Are you sure you’re Cuban, Mr. Abelló?” Adriano’s father was sitting next to his son while his wife looked after their grandchildren.

“Mr. Abelló is my father, sir. I’m just César, or Emperor if you feel like using the nickname the yahoos I call friends gave me.”

“Very well, César it is. But you have to stop calling me sir. I’m Angelo and my wife is Antonia.”

“Any idea when you’ll get sprung?” Brett had moved closer to the bed occupied by his friend, after greeting his mother and father.

“Not sure yet, Brett. The kids are going home with my parents today, Doc discharged them earlier. He said I should be getting out sometime tomorrow. After I’m out of here, we’ll all head up to New Jersey for the funeral. The kids and I will return to Falls Church sometime the week after the services. Mama will come back with us and stay until I can get my crap together. I may have to move back to New Jersey if I can’t cope with being a single parent.”

“As Emperor said before, talk to Danno, listen to what he has to say before you make any decisions.”

 

“Hey, JP! What’s going on, dude?” Brett wrapped his old college buddy in a bear hug as he greeted him. Detective Kennedy was still in the intensive care unit, so that’s where César, Brett, and CJ had gone after leaving Adriano and his kids.

“Hey, mates. Caleb’s in with Tom, changing the dressing on his wound, so I came out for a cup of coffee. You’d think with all these medical types having to be alert they’d have good stuff around here.”

“You should have told us, Uncle JP. We could have stopped at Starbucks or Dunkin and brought you some.”

“That’s okay, you’ve done plenty around here already, mate. Just wait until my husband gets his hands on you.”

“Why? What did I do?”

“Nothing bad, CJ. Trust me, it’s all good. Tom’s kinda emotional right now, mates. Just wanted to warn you. He had a friendly e-mail from his ex-wife. She mentioned Tom’s parents returned to Boston early this morning, and quickly organized a family meeting. They complained about not being allowed to visit their son, who they thought was dying, by some snot-nosed little fag. She said if a teenager was able to stand up to Frank Kennedy, maybe it was time she and her sons did the same. She asked Tom to e-mail her when he was up to talking on the phone. He did so immediately. He’s waiting for a call from her, countin’ on a miracle.”

Thanks to the team, they keep me from making a fool out of myself by helping me fix most of my mistakes.
If you enjoyed reading the chapter please hit the like button and/or consider leaving a comment.
C. A. Hazday
  • Like 86
  • Love 15
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Another excellent chapter Papa C :*) A bit disappointed with CJ's actions thought, but what the heck :P I did rant about him being too perfect :P and his dads took it pretty well :) Although I personally disagree with the whole 'it's okay to have sex even when you're 15' thing. But then again, maybe it's the difference in culture. I just didn't like the idea of the parents sorta 'encourage' him, even if it's to prevent him from getting into danger. Like owh it's okay as long as you do it at home. Lol :gikkle: but all in all I liked the chapter :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/29/2015 08:26 PM, AceKebabs said:

Another excellent chapter Papa C :*) A bit disappointed with CJ's actions thought, but what the heck :P I did rant about him being too perfect :P and his dads took it pretty well :) Although I personally disagree with the whole 'it's okay to have sex even when you're 15' thing. But then again, maybe it's the difference in culture. I just didn't like the idea of the parents sorta 'encourage' him, even if it's to prevent him from getting into danger. Like owh it's okay as long as you do it at home. Lol :gikkle: but all in all I liked the chapter :)

LOL-- yeah, I had to bite my tongue when you previously mentioned he was too perfect.

 

About the sex thing: right or wrong, it's different for a boy than for a girl, (males have traditionally been encouraged to fuck from an early age to prove their masculinity, while females were expected to save themselves for their wedding night). A gay boy has an even better chance of getting laid!

 

An extremely high percentage of kids will have experienced intercourse by the time they graduate high school. Sexual education which focuses on abstinence has not been shown to be effective in preventing teen pregnancy (not a problem here anyway) or the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.

 

Hell, as far as Cesar and Brett are concerned, CJ's a late bloomer compared to their own experiences. As for them granting permission or encouraging him, CJ already had an overnight guest he fooled around with over the summer--Landon. Why stick their heads in the sand and pretend the kid's not getting his jollies? That would be irresponsible parenting.

 

I'll see what further mischief I can get CJ into in future chapters! :D

  • Like 4
Link to comment

So CJ's not perfect. I cringed when Hayden so boldly propositioned him in the sauna and was pleased when CJ said no and then he did something typically teenaged by agreeing to go home with someone he'd just met. Yeah, it's something that's common in the club culture but as his dads pointed out it's not smart for a kid.
Brett and Carlos make sense when they tell him to bring guys home. I think it might be easier for them to be realistic about his sexual behavior. They know the boy is gonna have sex. It's pretty much a given. Better he does it in the safest manner possible.
As expected they stepped up to help Adriano and the kids if he is willing to accept their help.
So Tom's ex is willing to talk. It would be great if he and JP could be part of his kids lives. Being a dad I know how devastated I would be if I was cut out of my son's life.
Making us wait for the meeting ... tricky bit of teasing.
You're maintaining the excellence of Summer with Autumn. I know you fret but this is too is a great read.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great chapter, Sir Carlos!!! I'm particularly impressed with you showing the kid (15) aspect of CJ, afterall, he is still a teenager and if we're going to be honest, we've all done stupid stuff at that age and been reprimanded for it! But what I really liked was how you depicted how parents SHOULD handle situations like that...and it was done brilliantly!! Sooo...another well written, chapter of love, loyalty, and friendship!!! Ok....going to await the next chapter...'patiently' :X, because I am your most patient fan... :whistle: ..Thanks for sharing :thankyou::worship:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 07/29/2015 09:25 PM, Robert Rex said:

Fun chapter! CJ gets laid in a hot and carefully crafted scene--but shows some restraint; no public sex, no anal sex, and concerns about the guy having a GF. But he also was thinking with the little head by going over to a stranger's place. Even though he didn't think it all through, he needed to blow off some steam after the events of the last day(s). Think his dad's handled that discussion well, and it's not gonna interfer with CJ's relationship with them; he'll still continue to be open with them. And the discussion about tattoos/piercings was handled in an adult manner even though CJ is obviously still a minor. Good job on all that!

Also loved that he's "Unca" CJ to the kids. Another side showing how his level of responsible behavior has come into play.

The "family meeting" is cause for concern; think you're foreshadowing a major blowup ahead--and think it's gonna be just as interesting and fun to read as anything CJ has been involved in before! Can't wait for that!

Another fine job in "filling in the blanks" about CJ and his dad's relationship and the care of the guys in the group for all the others as you move this well-crafted tale along. Looking forward to the next chapters!

Thanks Rex!

 

I don't know about you, but at 15 the little head influenced almost every decision I made. Thank goodness I outgrew that! :whistle:

 

As smart/independent as CJ is, he spent the summer surrounded by adults and recovering from the shock of being exiled from his former home. The kid's gonna spread his wings a bit more and his dads will have to walk a fine line between being his friends and being his parents.

 

All those uncles the kid has will probably influence how he deals with younger kids as he pays forwards everyhting done for him.

 

About the family meeting in Boston, they :X

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/29/2015 09:29 PM, dughlas said:

So CJ's not perfect. I cringed when Hayden so boldly propositioned him in the sauna and was pleased when CJ said no and then he did something typically teenaged by agreeing to go home with someone he'd just met. Yeah, it's something that's common in the club culture but as his dads pointed out it's not smart for a kid.

Brett and Carlos make sense when they tell him to bring guys home. I think it might be easier for them to be realistic about his sexual behavior. They know the boy is gonna have sex. It's pretty much a given. Better he does it in the safest manner possible.

As expected they stepped up to help Adriano and the kids if he is willing to accept their help.

So Tom's ex is willing to talk. It would be great if he and JP could be part of his kids lives. Being a dad I know how devastated I would be if I was cut out of my son's life.

Making us wait for the meeting ... tricky bit of teasing.

You're maintaining the excellence of Summer with Autumn. I know you fret but this is too is a great read.

D-

 

Thanks for mentioning Brett and Carlos, I'm flattered! :rofl:

 

CJ's good but definitely not perfect, you got that right. His character wasn't entirely revealed in Summer, there are many layers to uncover still. That's when Cesar and Brett will have to stay on their toes.

 

As with Summer, there's a lot going on in the first couple of days of Autumn, the meeting with the chief will happen on Monday--it's Saturday right now. But I promise I won't make you wait too long to hear about the meeting in Boston and what the ex wants. Coming right up next chapter! :D

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/29/2015 09:34 PM, Onim said:

Great chapter, Sir Carlos!!! I'm particularly impressed with you showing the kid (15) aspect of CJ, afterall, he is still a teenager and if we're going to be honest, we've all done stupid stuff at that age and been reprimanded for it! But what I really liked was how you depicted how parents SHOULD handle situations like that...and it was done brilliantly!! Sooo...another well written, chapter of love, loyalty, and friendship!!! Ok....going to await the next chapter...'patiently' :X, because I am your most patient fan... :whistle: ..Thanks for sharing :thankyou::worship:

Big O!!! Thanks for writing.

 

As I told Ace in my reply to the review, Cesar and Brett are too damn smart to stick their heads in the sand. They know they can't really stop CJ from doing certain things, but they can try to regulate them so their son remains safe and the two of them don't have to worry so much.

 

The core of the Elite 8, Cesar, Brett, Tom, JP and Doc, are as tight a band of brothers as you can find. CJ can only benefit from being surrounded by them, in the process becoming a better person!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/29/2015 10:20 PM, drpaladin said:

There was almost a serious accident here as a feeling of relief began relaxing my muscles body-wide. ;) CJ is preternaturally mature. It isn't unrealistic because I've run across a few like him. It was a relief to see his hormones lead him just a bit astray. It gave Brett and Cesar a chance to exercise their parenting skills and CJ got to be a bit of an average teen.

 

I have to admit that I'm a bit nonplussed by CJ's admission that he wants to go away to college so he can experience dorm life. I sure his dads were disappointed as well. They only have a few more years of this close living in house with CJ and then he'll be essentially out on his own. Letting them go is hard.

 

It was really amusing that CJ's encounter with Tom's parents had such a far reaching impact to cause a 'family meeting.' It would be nice for Tom to be able to have an amiable relationship with his ex and kids. I think Frank will be like Douglas MacArthur. He shall return, but just annoying and not victorious. Please let a snot-nosed little fag at least put him in an arm lock. Pretty please. :)

 

You've got me wondering about the reason the police chief wants the meeting. I'm sure that it is a 'pouring oil to settle the waters' scenario.

Hiya, Doc!

 

CJ was based on a composite of several teens I've been around in the past few years. No matter how good they are overall, they still step out now and then and have to be 'talked to'. Cesar and Brett are a composite of the parents of those kids.

 

With the introduction of all major characters and situations fairly well completed in Summer, I'm now able to flesh the characters out a bit. Parents wanting their kids to remain at home as long as possible I'd say is fairly typical. Haveing one of the top Universities in the country within walking distance, and a multitude of other great ones within easy commute, Cesar has to be hoping his son sticks around for a bit after he graduates from high school.

 

See, about Tom's parents, they :X

 

Come back in 7 days and you'll read more about it! :yes:

  • Like 4
Link to comment

...CJ! for all the reasons your dad stated, what were you thinking!! 15 yr old hormones! The talk with the dads was perfectly responsible and in keeping with how they operate as a family. As much as we hate thinking of our kids and sex, to overreact and lose that communication would be even worse. What CJ has going for him is that he is mature enough to understand the impact of what his dads said. He will make other mistakes, but probably, hopefully, not that one.
I'm glad that Tom's ex is reaching out. Having his kids in his life would be good for all of them. Bet it wasn't the result his parents anticipated.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

That CJ is mistaken for being older is going to be a bit of a problem at least until he is eighteen. The parents handled it well.
Good job of writing.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 07/29/2015 11:54 PM, Defiance19 said:

...CJ! for all the reasons your dad stated, what were you thinking!! 15 yr old hormones! The talk with the dads was perfectly responsible and in keeping with how they operate as a family. As much as we hate thinking of our kids and sex, to overreact and lose that communication would be even worse. What CJ has going for him is that he is mature enough to understand the impact of what his dads said. He will make other mistakes, but probably, hopefully, not that one.

I'm glad that Tom's ex is reaching out. Having his kids in his life would be good for all of them. Bet it wasn't the result his parents anticipated.

LOL

 

Hormones kick in and there goes all the commonsense a kid could possibly have.

 

The two dads keeping their cool, their stressing honest communication so much, and CJ being treated as a young adult instead of a child, play a big role in how the kid listens and accepts his dads comments. Much better to explain why than to 'simply state because I say so'.

 

We'll find out what the wife wants next chapter.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/30/2015 12:09 AM, Daddydavek said:

That CJ is mistaken for being older is going to be a bit of a problem at least until he is eighteen. The parents handled it well.

Good job of writing.

Thanks for the comment, Dave. And for the praise.

 

That one bit about looking older is based on personal experience. My parents were never happy I could get into bars when I was 16. I may have been grounded once or twice during my high school years.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

:no: CJ, CJ, CJ!!! :no:
He was really showing his true age in this chapter. Or maybe it's his innocence? Never really thought of CJ as being innocent or naive. That being said, except for Captain/Colonel Dickhead (forgot his rank) and his mother's behaviour culminating with the exile from his home, has he ever encountered true evil intent in his life? I'm thinking he hasn't.
Both Cesar and Brett handled themselves very well during the conversation with CJ. They pointed out how reckless his behaviour had been. Cesar listed the potential situations he could have found himself in with no way out, but he did it in a factual non-accusatory manner.
They were calm and rational (though internally, they must have been in full panic mode for what could have happened to CJ) rather than shouting in anger which would likely only have served to put CJ on the defensive and tune them out.
In other parts of D.C.
Was happy to read that Cesar and Brett (was there any doubt?) were planning to alleviate any/all financial worries that Adriano might face in the future.
Tom's getting a nice email from his ex-wife was a bit of a surprise. I had always assumed she was against him, but now the truth has been revealed - the iron fist of his father had her trapped. I see a family reunion coming soon....which is great because I always hoped that Tom's kids would one day (but sooner rather than later) re-connect with their dad. That their mother will be along for the ride? That just makes it all the better.
Another excellent chapter Carlos. :thankyou:

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Except for the "going home with a trick" part of the conversation, this is similar to a talk I had with my son at around CJ's age. It would be naive for anyone to believe that a 15 year old boy isn't having sex (or isn't trying to ;) ). You have to make sure your kids know how to be safe in the world and what Cesar and Brett said to CJ was great. I did have a friend back in college who went home with a guy (from a bar) who ended up beating the crap out of him early the next morning when he sobered up enough to decide he wasn't gay. We didn't know where the friend went and it could have gone down a lot worse than a black eye, a split lip and bad drunk sex. CJ did something stupid and after talking to his dads hopefully he has learned something from it.
I hope that Tommy's ex does decide to allow Tommy back in his kid's lives. I think it would be great for the kids to have him around (both for his kids and for him and JP). I could not imagine being in my son's life so I am really rooting for a good outcome for Tommy.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Brett and Cesar handled that conversation with CJ very well. It is a fine balance between trying to make sure your children are safe and remembering they are not little kids anymore. I think Cesar and Brett achieved that balance. They expressed their concern with CJ's recklessness but didn't treat him like he was a child. The last thing you want is to alienate your kids and have them shut you out. CJ is a hormonal 15 year old boy. He is going to have sex. That is a fact of life and addressing their concerns now could give CJ some food for thought and maybe prevent him from doing something else just as reckless in the future.
I am so happy for Tommy that he might actually get to start seeing his kids again. It sounds like his dad is the one behind his ex keeping them from Tommy. Just another reason to dislike that man.
I can't wait to see what the Chief has to say. I assume the officers are going to be disciplined. The only question is, how severely?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 07/30/2015 02:40 AM, Reader1810 said:

:no: CJ, CJ, CJ!!! :no:

He was really showing his true age in this chapter. Or maybe it's his innocence? Never really thought of CJ as being innocent or naive. That being said, except for Captain/Colonel Dickhead (forgot his rank) and his mother's behaviour culminating with the exile from his home, has he ever encountered true evil intent in his life? I'm thinking he hasn't.

Both Cesar and Brett handled themselves very well during the conversation with CJ. They pointed out how reckless his behaviour had been. Cesar listed the potential situations he could have found himself in with no way out, but he did it in a factual non-accusatory manner.

They were calm and rational (though internally, they must have been in full panic mode for what could have happened to CJ) rather than shouting in anger which would likely only have served to put CJ on the defensive and tune them out.

In other parts of D.C.

Was happy to read that Cesar and Brett (was there any doubt?) were planning to alleviate any/all financial worries that Adriano might face in the future.

Tom's getting a nice email from his ex-wife was a bit of a surprise. I had always assumed she was against him, but now the truth has been revealed - the iron fist of his father had her trapped. I see a family reunion coming soon....which is great because I always hoped that Tom's kids would one day (but sooner rather than later) re-connect with their dad. That their mother will be along for the ride? That just makes it all the better.

Another excellent chapter Carlos. :thankyou:

Hey 1810!~ Thanks!

 

I've been having to bite my tongue for a few weeks now. I've had so many comments about how CJ was too perfect and I knew this coming soon. I wondered how it would resonate with readers while I was writing it; so far I'm happy with the response.

 

If more parents behaved half as honest and realistic as those two are, we would probably have less problems with kids. Of course we're talking about educated, well off guys who can spend the time worrying about how to deal with teir kids lives. Unfortunately too may mothers and fathers are too busy just trying to put food on the table to properly supervise their kids.

 

The aftershocks of Friday's events will be felt for a long time, but most loose ends will be wrapped up in the next couple of chapters. Gotta get CJ back to school on Tuesday! :D

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/30/2015 02:56 AM, EagleIsaac said:

Except for the "going home with a trick" part of the conversation, this is similar to a talk I had with my son at around CJ's age. It would be naive for anyone to believe that a 15 year old boy isn't having sex (or isn't trying to ;) ). You have to make sure your kids know how to be safe in the world and what Cesar and Brett said to CJ was great. I did have a friend back in college who went home with a guy (from a bar) who ended up beating the crap out of him early the next morning when he sobered up enough to decide he wasn't gay. We didn't know where the friend went and it could have gone down a lot worse than a black eye, a split lip and bad drunk sex. CJ did something stupid and after talking to his dads hopefully he has learned something from it.

I hope that Tommy's ex does decide to allow Tommy back in his kid's lives. I think it would be great for the kids to have him around (both for his kids and for him and JP). I could not imagine being in my son's life so I am really rooting for a good outcome for Tommy.

Hey Isaac-

 

I think this type of conversation is one most parents should have with their kids, no two situations will be the same, and this one is made easier by the absence of females, but the basic premise remains the same.

 

The old fool, his wife and the sanctimonius priest my have inadvertently cracked open a door. I'll let you all know how big a crack it is in the next chapter.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/30/2015 03:32 AM, LitLover said:

Brett and Cesar handled that conversation with CJ very well. It is a fine balance between trying to make sure your children are safe and remembering they are not little kids anymore. I think Cesar and Brett achieved that balance. They expressed their concern with CJ's recklessness but didn't treat him like he was a child. The last thing you want is to alienate your kids and have them shut you out. CJ is a hormonal 15 year old boy. He is going to have sex. That is a fact of life and addressing their concerns now could give CJ some food for thought and maybe prevent him from doing something else just as reckless in the future.

I am so happy for Tommy that he might actually get to start seeing his kids again. It sounds like his dad is the one behind his ex keeping them from Tommy. Just another reason to dislike that man.

I can't wait to see what the Chief has to say. I assume the officers are going to be disciplined. The only question is, how severely?

Hey LL

 

It's good to hear from you again!

 

Cesar & Brett reacted in a way which is very specific to their circumstances. Two gay men, a gay son, no women around, and a big house which can provide a modicum of privacy. Not sure how many of those elements all come together at the same time in real life, but in this case...

 

I've been juggling something like 5 different plotlines at the same time and I can tell you it's exhausting. The chapters have been getting longer and that's after I leave a bunch of stuff on the editing floor. Mann keeps telling me to siplify and that sometimes less is more. So I'm going to wrap some things up in the next two chapters and then send CJ back to school on Tuesday.

 

Of course, that just gives me more fertile ground on which to plant seeds for further adventures! :D

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great chapter Carlos,
Glad to see that Cesar and Brett are acting like real parents with CJ's little adventure...hell evens CJ is acting lie a typical teenager...throughout it all I see the love and respect for each other....Again, thanks, great chapter man..............:)Mike

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 07/30/2015 08:50 PM, flamingo136 said:

Great chapter Carlos,

Glad to see that Cesar and Brett are acting like real parents with CJ's little adventure...hell evens CJ is acting lie a typical teenager...throughout it all I see the love and respect for each other....Again, thanks, great chapter man..............:)Mike

Hey, Mike, thanks for reading and for leaving a review.

 

Although full time parenthood was thrust upon them unexpectedly, Brett and Cesar are trying to be the best possible fathers they can be.

 

CJ's at an age his experiences will shape the type of man he'll be later in life; I think his dads want to encourage him to think instead of forcing a set of values upon him.

 

See ya next week!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Men just need a place. Most of my BJ customers were straight sd they came to boys like me, cuz they could get what they wanted without the drama or emotions. Mouths a mouth.

 

But it's dangerous, I've been beaten, kicked, robbed, you name it... so The dads were right to set the kid straight.

 

I'm reading as fast as I can...

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 01/17/2016 01:04 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Men just need a place. Most of my BJ customers were straight sd they came to boys like me, cuz they could get what they wanted without the drama or emotions. Mouths a mouth.

 

But it's dangerous, I've been beaten, kicked, robbed, you name it... so The dads were right to set the kid straight.

 

I'm reading as fast as I can...

I remember following some guys to their home and I'm amazed nothing bad ever happened. Being large probably kept me safe, but I've heard some horror stories.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 7/29/2015 at 8:20 AM, drpaladin said:

There was almost a serious accident here as a feeling of relief began relaxing my muscles body-wide. ;) CJ is preternaturally mature. It isn't unrealistic because I've run across a few like him. It was a relief to see his hormones lead him just a bit astray. It gave Brett and Cesar a chance to exercise their parenting skills and CJ got to be a bit of an average teen.

 

I have to admit that I'm a bit nonplussed by CJ's admission that he wants to go away to college so he can experience dorm life. I sure his dads were disappointed as well. They only have a few more years of this close living in house with CJ and then he'll be essentially out on his own. Letting them go is hard.

 

It was really amusing that CJ's encounter with Tom's parents had such a far reaching impact to cause a 'family meeting.' It would be nice for Tom to be able to have an amiable relationship with his ex and kids. I think Frank will be like Douglas MacArthur. He shall return, but just annoying and not victorious. Please let a snot-nosed little fag at least put him in an arm lock. Pretty please. :)

 

You've got me wondering about the reason the police chief wants the meeting. I'm sure that it is a 'pouring oil to settle the waters' scenario.

Almost two years after you wrote this, I marvel at how you zeroed in on what was coming. The cief did try to pour oil on the roiling waters and bent over backwards to make his problem go away. And the second encounter with Francis Kennedy took a long time to come bout but in the end it went down pretty much like you expected!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..