Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Spring - Prologue. Dedication

Spring is the fourth book in the continuing story of CJ and his family. Although it’s his point of view readers experience most, the story’s not only about him. It’s also about Brett and César―his two fathers. And about the men and teens who surround the three of them.

About two years ago, when creating the cast for CJ’s story, I chose to make Brett Davenport a captain in the United States Marine Corps. I wanted one of the main characters to be a member of the armed forces to honor all those who’ve served their country, regardless of sexual orientation

To the ones who never came back, to those who returned changed in body and or spirit, and to those men and women who currently serve, I dedicate Spring. Thank you for your service.

C. A. Hazday
  • Like 56
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 03/25/2016 09:56 PM, Defiance19 said:

Lovely dedication Carlos...

One more week and it's on!

First!

 

Thanks for the first review of the new book, Def. We know CJ's planning on being in NYC over spring break and you know what that means, right? Redhead alert!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 03/25/2016 09:59 PM, dughlas said:

A well thought dedication ...

Thanks, Dugh. Believe it or not that one was tougher to write than most chapters. I wanted to get it just right.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 03/26/2016 12:00 AM, Reader1810 said:

Nicely put Carlos. :)

Thanks, 1810. Six more sleeps and we find out what happens with Brett's body!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 03/26/2016 01:32 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Well said, C.

Thank you, sir. Let's hope I do the same with subsequent chapters.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Nicely done start to the rest of the tale! Just need to get rid of that damn cliffhanger from "winter".... <grin>

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 03/28/2016 04:25 AM, Robert Rex said:

Nicely done start to the rest of the tale! Just need to get rid of that damn cliffhanger from "winter".... <grin>

A cliffie? Where?

 

It's your fsult, you know? I wanted Brett to lose a leg and survive but then you posted Lion's Lair and had to change the outcome of the helicopter crash... :P

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 03/28/2016 10:50 AM, tor200534 said:

nice dedication carlos

Thanks, buddy. Only 48 more hours and Spring arrives.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

That is a great dedication to the armed forces of our country. I want to say thank you for the dedication to our service men and women who have given so much to the service of this country. I also want to say that having one of the main characters in the story be a United States Marine, Captain Brett Davenport. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Brett's not the only member of the military in the story. Tom served in the army and in the future there'll be others.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Two times in this series you have complimented those who have served in the military. I remember the 'non-arrest' by an idiot cop near the Iwo Jima memorial and the shit that was dumped on him because of his actions. Using the flag raising monument as a location for the bad actions of the cop was, in its way, a compliment to the armed forces. It showed the obscene actions by a perverted cop could not dim the importance of the memorial to the armed forces. This side story to CJ's tale is another compliment to, in this case, the Marine Corps. Good on you, Carlos!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

@Will Hawkins

 

CJ's stepfather is Air Force, 'Uncle' tom's retired Army, and Brett's Marine Corps. The kid's surrounded by military men. There will be plenty of love shown the armed forces in the future.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 3/30/2016 at 1:00 PM, Carlos Hazday said:

A cliffie? Where?

 

It's your fsult, you know? I wanted Brett to lose a leg and survive but then you posted Lion's Lair and had to change the outcome of the helicopter crash... :P

Lion's Lair was a great read. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

A super dedication. We owe our continued liberty to those who fight for us. Well said. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Doha said:

Lion's Lair was a great read. 

Unfortunately the author disappeared before we were gifted more stories. I try to plug GA authors and stories I like in my work.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Doha said:

A super dedication. We owe our continued liberty to those who fight for us. Well said. 

I probably went above and beyond what I originally envisioned when it comes to the military. Even though CJ doesn't serve, I surrounded him with people who did. Even though they had to remain in the closet for a long time, gay men often used the military to escape small minds in small towns.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..