Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 3,504 Words
  • 3,925 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Help! My Lover's an Alien - 6. Chapter 6

Lor paced just inside the entrance to the building he and the others were staying in. It had only been fifteen Earth-minutes, but it felt like he had been waiting for many rotations.

Finally he saw movement on the other side of the glass doors; looking up, he saw Dillon headed his way. His mate looked beautiful. He wore blue pants and a green top that Lor just knew would match those green eyes that had captured his attention when he first saw him.

Dillon caught sight of him and waved with a smile as he pushed the door open.

As Dillon came nearer, Lor held his breath; he did not have a clue what to say or do. From a young age, he had always known what was expected of him, but in this situation, he was on his own.

He now had to convince this male that they were meant to be together for the rest of their lives. He had to convince Dillon to give up everything he had ever known and move to an alien world.

No pressure there!

Lor snapped out of his thoughts with a gasp when he felt a light touch on his arm.

“Hi, hope you weren’t waiting long,” Dillon said, giving Lor a smile that stole his breath all over again. “Is the food hall still open? Or do we need to go next door to the barracks for dinner?”

Lor frowned. “I do not know. How would we find out?”

Dillon laughed. “We can just go and check ourselves,” he said and hooked his arm through Lor’s as they moved toward the hallway.

Lor froze at the contact. He had not expected Dillon to touch him voluntarily after how he had behaved so far. That he had made Lor very happy. But Dillon must have felt his reaction because he too froze and snatched his hand away as though he had been burned.

“I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have touched you without permission.”

Lor stopped his babbling by grabbing his hand and putting it back where it had been. “I like you touching me,” he said. “You can touch me however you wish, whenever you wish.”

Lor smiled to himself when Dillon blushed and didn’t move his hand again.

Lor tried to think of what to say; his mind had gone completely blank, and he was starting to panic. Then he remembered his research from the night before.

“So,” he said, looking down at Dillon. “Do you come here often?”

Dillon’s mouth opened and then he doubled over laughing. It seemed every time he almost got control of himself he started again. Finally he stopped and was wiping his eyes.

Lor took the opportunity to ask, “Why did you laugh?”

Dillon chuckled again before answering. “Let me guess, you looked up dating on the Earth database?”

“Of course I did. I did not know what I had done wrong when I saw you alone.” He then added, “Of course you have my apologies again for that. I did not realize how what I did could be interpreted until I had read about people being forced on your database.”

Dillon frowned, then shook his head. “Oh, don’t worry, all is forgiven. You just took me by surprise and brought up a few bad memories. Nothing for you to worry about. Now your choice of language, that I can help you with. The line you just used, where did you find it?”

“I looked up things to say on a first date.”

“Well that’s your problem then. The database has given you a list of pickup lines.” When Lor frowned Dillon continued, “They are lines people— usually men— use to get another person to have sex with them. Other favorites are ‘You must be new here. I never forget a beautiful face’ and ‘Has anyone ever said your eyes are as beautiful as the stars slash moon slash sun?’.”

“And other humans are actually intimate with humans that use these pickup lines?” Lor asked, fascinated.

“If they’re stupid enough. Now the question is, why did you need to look up what to say to me?”

“Well, I did not want to make a mistake again.” Then Lor sighed. “But it seems I have anyway.”

Dillon squeezed his arm. “No you haven’t made a mistake. You just need to ignore some of what you’ve read. I would prefer you are honest with me and speak your mind.”

Lor nodded as they reached the door to the food hall. They entered to find it empty of people. There were, however, two long tables full of steaming food laid out against one wall.

Dillon sniffed. “Mmmm, this all smells wonderful.” He pulled Lor over to look at the tables. “Wow they really want to give you a choice, don’t they?”

Lor looked; there was a huge array of deep dishes holding a variety of food, all with bright lights hanging over them. Same as the day before, each dish was labelled to say what it contained. There was; chicken tikka— with a warning saying it was spicy— beef casserole, vegetarian lasagna, and many more.

“What would you like?” Lor asked. Wanting to try and find out more about Dillon and thinking he could start with food.

“Well, they have most of my favorites here. So I think I’ll go for some casserole, with some rice.” Dillon pointed to the food as he spoke. Then he fetched a plate and dished himself up a good portion.

Lor was still looking at each dish when Dillon asked, “Do you want some help choosing?”

“I would be most appreciative of your help,” Lor responded.

Dillon put his plate down and started looking over the choices. “What sort of food do you enjoy? Do you like, meat, vegetables? Spicy, mild?”

“What does spicy mean?” Lor asked.

“Hmm, spicy means when you eat the food it feels extra hot in your mouth. It’s hard to explain. It’s not hot as in the food has been heated too much; it’s hot as in it tricks your taste buds into thinking your mouth is burning.”

“I do not like the sound of that. I do like meat and vegetables, but I would not like to try spicy. You choose for me please.”

Dillon seemed to think for a while and then chose two foods to add to Lor’s plate.

When they sat, Lor asked, “What did you choose for me?”

Dillon pointed to each food. “You’ve got rice and chicken carbonara. They’re two of my favorites, along with this lovely casserole,” he said pointing with his fork at his own plate. “Here, want to try some?” he scooped up some casserole from his own plate and held it out to Lor.

Lor didn’t need to be asked twice. He leaned forward and licked the offering off the utensil. He watched Dillon’s eyes darken, smiling he sat back. “That is nice. Maybe I will try it again next time.”

Dillon nodded silently and went back to eating his food. Lor ate his food with relish, licking the food from his fork and moaning in pleasure. He flicked the occasional glance at Dillon to see him biting his lip and blushing, refusing to look up from his food. He could see he was getting to his human. He wasn’t sure on everything, but he was sure of that.

When they had finished their food, Lor tried to think of something to say again, remembering what Dillon said about being honest. “I would like to know more about you,” he said.

“What would you like to know?”

“Everything,” Lor said quickly. “I want to know everything about you.”

Dillon smiled. “Well first, is there somewhere more comfortable to sit around here? These chairs are okay for a while but get a little uncomfortable after too long.”

Lor thought for a moment and had an idea. “There is a seating area in the accommodation they gave me. Would that be acceptable?”

“Are you asking me to come to your room?” Dillon asked, smiling.

Lor took the smile to be a good sign and nodded.

“Okay, lead the way.”

Lor jumped up and headed for the door; he only stopped when he heard chuckling.

“Slow down, speedy, I haven’t got your long legs,” Dillon was saying between chuckles.

Lor frowned as he puzzled out what Dillon could mean. How could Dillon have his legs? Then he started to realize what he meant.

“Sorry, I did not realize I was going so fast.” Lor shook his head; would he do anything right this night?

Dillon caught up to him and Lor held out his hand. Dillon smiled and took the offered hand. Pulling him along, Lor started off again but tried to shorten his stride slightly to match his mate’s.

****

Dillon’s mind was in a whirl. He was on his way to an alien’s bedroom. He wasn’t sure what would happen when they got there. And yet he wasn’t worried. For some reason he couldn’t explain, he trusted Lor. The alien seemed so earnest and honest. And of course he was fucking gorgeous. What man would say no to following the hot male anywhere he asked them to go? Of course, there was the added bonus that Lor was the first alien he had met, and he wasn’t going to pass up the chance to find out more about his species and more about him personally. No one he knew would pass up that chance. Oh, and did he mention Lor was hot?

They hurried along a few hallways and up two flights of stairs before arriving at a door bearing the number two on it.

Lor pressed his hand to the access panel, and the door slid silently open. Lor went to enter but then seemed to think of something. He stood to one side and bowed slightly. “After you. Guests first.”

Dillon couldn’t help chuckling quietly. Lor was a mixture of curious child and old fashioned gentleman. Entering the room, Dillon couldn’t help the gasp. The suite Lor had been given was bigger than his apartment.

Lor stopped behind him. “I hope everything is acceptable.” He sounded nervous, and Dillon turned to find him clasping and unclasping his hands.

Taking pity on the male, Dillon took his hands and pulled him further into the room. Spying the seating area Lor had spoken about, Dillon headed there and sat in one of the comfy chairs. Placing his left ankle on his right knee, he placed his chin on his hand and looked at Lor.

“So, where do you want me to start?” he asked, with a smile.

Lor stood for a moment before removing his cloak and sitting in the other chair. After looking thoughtful, he asked, “What were you like as a young human?”

“Well, if you listen to what other people tell you, then I was a little rebel: never did as I was told and completely refused to conform to any stereotypes. I’ve lived on one military compound or another since the age of fifteen. It’s only this year that I managed to save enough to rent a small apartment outside the compound— I spent a lot of money paying back people I thought I owed when I first got my trust fund money and my wages weren’t enough at the time for rent and everything else. I like having somewhere to escape to.”

“From what I understand, don’t human children have to live with their parents until they are adults at eighteen Earth-years? Were your parents in the military?”

Dillon laughed and even to himself it sounded bitter.

“No, my parents weren’t in the military. Ummm, my parents threw me out of their home when I was fourteen. It’s not really a nice story for a first date. Why don’t you tell me more about yourself?”

But Lor seemed to be more curious now. “Please, I wish to know more. The more I know about you the more I will be able to understand you.”

Dillon thought about it. If he told Lor about his parents, would it scare the alien away? Would he still want to get to know Dillon? Or would he be like other boyfriends and decide he wasn’t worth the trouble?

May as well get it all out in the open now, save any disappointments later.

“My parents are antigovernment, antitechnology, and antigays.” Dillon watched the understanding starting to dawn in Lor’s eyes. He thought about the best way to explain so Lor would understand the language as well as the meaning. “I worked out at a young age that I preferred people of my own gender, but I knew my father’s views on the subject, and so I hid my feelings. I dated a girl to please my father, but what he didn’t know was she was my best friend and knew everything. Unfortunately I wasn’t careful enough, and my father caught me with a boy when I was fourteen. Let’s just say he didn’t take it very well, and I had to move away from home. I spent a year on the streets before I was found by Vincent— Ambassador Marston— and his wife when they were out for a walk one evening. I tried to pick his pocket to get money to eat; they took pity on me and took me home with them. Vincent was an officer in the military back then. He had a lot of influence and used it to get named as my guardian. I continued my training in mixed martial arts and finally was offered a job at eighteen, as Vincent told you when he introduced us. The rest, as they say, is history.”

Dillon finished talking, but in his head, he had gone back to the day his father had caught him. It had been a lovely summer’s day, and he thought his father was at work. He had been making out with one of his classmates in his bedroom when the bedroom door had burst open. His father had sent the boy, Kenneth, home and then ordered Dillon downstairs. His brother, Martin, had been in the living room, and at his father’s order, Martin held him down as their father beat Dillon to within an inch of his life. They then drove him to the roughest area of town and dumped him out of the car. He was lucky to have survived the night, let alone the year that he was alone on the streets. He didn’t want to think about the things he had done to survive; it had taken a lot of therapy to even begin to forgive himself for most of it.

He was brought back to the present by a touch on his arm. He flinched away instinctually before remembering where he was and with whom. Lor was looking at him in concern, and he wanted to deflect any questions.

“So now you know a bit about me. Tell me about yourself— and your planet. Remember, I haven’t been told anything about it or you.” He tried to smile and hoped it looked better than he felt.

Lor gave him a searching look before nodding. “Well, my home planet is called Debhunder. It is constantly hot there. Even in what you would call winter, the heat could burn you if you go outside without the proper protection. The cloaks and hoods we wear can be spelled to keep the wearer cool when needed, so our bodies do not overheat. In the case of Earth, our cloaks have been spelled to keep us warm. This planet is very cold to us.

“As for a bit about me. I grew up with my mother and father. I was tested when I was twenty rotations and found to have a lot of potential. I was put into training for the elite guard, and I quickly rose through the levels. I am now the highest ranking mage on my planet. I am also the youngest mage to reach this level in over two thousand rotations. I am trained in magical combat, but also in hand-to-hand combat as well. Sometimes a well-placed fist can be more effective than even the greatest magic.”

Dillon grinned at the last comment, then frowned as he thought over what Lor had said. “What’s a rotation?” he asked.

“A rotation is the same as six of your Earth-months.”

Dillon’s eyes went wide. “So you joined the elite guards at ten Earth-years old?”

“Yes, that would have been my age. Twenty rotations is when we come into our magic and the test is needed to ensure any younglings are trained to control what magic they have.”

Dillon thought about it. It made sense, but to put a child into guard training? He shuddered.

“Can I ask a questions about your parents?” Lor asked.

Dillon thought about it for a moment. He had promised to tell Lor about himself but some things were really not first date material. Human or nonhuman date.

“You can ask, but I don’t make any promises that I will answer,” Dillon settled for saying.

Lor nodded. “I understand. But I am curious. I had to study your laws before we arrived. Minister Mora did not want us to get into trouble by mistake. One of your laws is that young do not become adults until they reach the Earth-age of eighteen. How were your parents able to put you on the streets without the law getting involved?”

Since it dealt with law more than anything personal Dillon answered, “One thing you will need to remember on Earth is money buys everything. The laws are made by the rich. My parents may be against a lot of things, but they have invested their money wisely and have made more than enough to buy their way out of trouble. They declared me a runaway and gave the police a picture of me so they could look for me. That was the end of their responsibilities. I later found out the picture they gave the police was of a family wedding the month before I was thrown out. I was dressed in nice clothes, with my hair cut and styled. Living on the streets meant I couldn’t wash very often, my hair grew longer, and my clothes were ruined. There was no way anyone could recognized the boy in the photo as being me. Therefore, when I was found by Vincent and Eve they were surprised my name was in the system. Apparently it didn’t take much convincing to get my parents to sign me over to them. Vincent has never spoken about that visit to my parents, but he was very angry when he returned.”

A sudden noise echoed through the compound.

“I heard that noise about sixty-four cycles ago,” Lor said glancing at a device on his wrist.

Dillon jumped up. “That’s the warning signal to say that the gates will be locking in ten minutes. I have to go, or I’ll have to stay in the barracks tonight. It was great talking to you.”

Just as Dillon was about to reach the door, he found his arm caught by Lor.

“I remember one thing from my research. A good date usually ends with a kiss.”

Dillon looked hard at the alien that seemed intent on getting to know him. He seemed genuine. Dillon decided to do a test of his own.

“Okay then, kiss me.” He shrugged.

Dillon was expecting a gentlemanly peck on the cheek or lips. It would have fitted with how Lor had behaved so far. But that’s not what he got. What he got was a kiss that made his toes curl and took his breath away. He gasped at the feelings coursing through him and Lor took advantage of this to slip his tongue into Dillon’s mouth. Dillon would have sworn the kiss lasted for hours, but in reality it was probably only a minute at most.

A second warning alarm sounded, breaking them apart. Dillon was panting for breath and trying to think of something to say.

Lor seemed to be glowing in the dim light of the room.

“When can I see you again?” Lor asked.

Dillon thought quickly. “Tomorrow I can meet you at the entrance, same time as tonight. Or of course you and your fellow guards are welcome at my training sessions.” Dillon glanced down at his watch. “I have got to go. See you tomorrow?” As soon as Lor nodded Dillon reached up on tiptoes and kissed his cheek before running out the door.

Running full speed, he made it just as the guards were about to lock the gates. One waved him through, telling him to not cut it so close next time, and the gates locked behind him.

Deciding to take the bus, he headed down the street still trying to wrap his mind around what had happened that evening.

Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am totally loving this story, I found myself checking all day till it was finally there. Thank you for such a good story

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/15/2015 01:29 PM, relle73 said:

I am totally loving this story, I found myself checking all day till it was finally there. Thank you for such a good story

I am so glad you are enjoying this. The chapters are set to post at 1am UK time everyday. Hope you enjoy the rest :)

Link to comment
On 6/22/2019 at 9:55 AM, Forevermotion said:

Really enjoying this. I wonder if Earth will make this hard for them?

Oh, I'm sure it will. However, I think they will be up to any challenge. 

Thank you for commenting and I am so sorry it took me so long to answer :hug: 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..