Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 2,391 Words
  • 3,504 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Help! My Lover's an Alien - 9. Chapter 9

Lor watched his mate sleep and breathed a sigh of relief. He had been so worried that Dillon wouldn’t accept him. He knew he still had to work to make Dillon happy and they were going to have their work cut out moving Dillon to a new planet and getting him settled. But Lor believed that as long as they had each other, everything else would drop into place.

He would have to sleep to replenish his magic soon. Joining with Dillon had taken a lot out of him, and he was exhausted. But he didn’t want to waste a moment of time that he could spend watching and learning every dip and curve of his mate.

His internal argument was interrupted by a buzzing coming from their discarded clothes. A few moments of searching turned up a small device that resembled Lor’s comm with Harry’s name and picture flashing on the screen. After looking over the controls, Lor hit the Accept Call button and Harry’s face filled the screen.

“Good evening,” Lor greeted.

The human looked at Lor in shock. “Why are you answering Dillon’s cell?” Harry demanded, and Lor was stunned at the anger in Harry’s voice.

“Dillon is asleep and is unlikely to wake before morning,” Lor started.

“If Dillon’s asleep, I ask again what are you doing answering his cell phone, and what’s more, what are you doing there at all?”

Lor frowned in confusion at Harry’s questions.

“I answered this device because I saw your name and I thought you may worry if no one answered. As for why I am here, this is the accommodation your military gave me.”

Lor realized something he had said seemed to have made the situation worse, because Harry’s face went even redder. “What is Dillon doing asleep in your room? What did you do to him?”

Lor finally had enough. “That information is none of your business.” Dillon should have the choice of who to tell about their joining when he was ready. “Unless you have a message for me to give to Dillon, I think—” Lor didn’t get any further because the screen of the device went blank.

Shrugging at the human’s strange behavior, he went back to bed and cuddled up to his new mate.

****

Dillon woke slowly. He was warm and comfortable. It took a while for the previous night to catch up with him. When it did, he sat up and looked around the room he was in.

“Lor,” he called.

Lor’s head poked out from the bathroom. “Yes, my mate?”

Dillon let out the breath he had been holding. What had he thought? That Lor would run off in the middle of the night? This was his room for heaven’s sake. He gave himself a mental shake and looked at the big alien.

“Nothing, I just wondered where you were. I was going to give you a morning hug.”

Lor ginned and headed back to the bed. Dillon was then enfolded in a warm, tight hug.

“Morning,” Lor said and kissed him until he was breathless.

Dillon glanced at the clock and saw the time. “Damn, I have a training session soon. I need to get to the locker room and shower.”

Lor smiled at him. “May I join you?” he asked.

“Of course. You’re always welcome. Will Ziel be coming with us?”

“No, Mora is taking him to the arboretum to find out more about the trees there.”

Dillon laughed as he thought about the serious staff in the arboretum dealing with the enthusiastic alien.

“Grab what you need, and you can change in the locker room with me,” he told Lor as he quickly grabbed his clothes from the night before, ignoring his shirt which was beyond repair.

Lor nodded and rushed to a dresser to find the clothes he needed to take and to get dressed.

****

Within half an hour, Dillon was showing Lor around the locker room and then waiting while the big alien changed.

“I need to shower after last night. If the men guess I didn’t go home last night, I’ll be forced to punish them for their teasing. So I will meet you in the training room in ten minutes.” Lor nodded, and Dillon grabbed a towel from his locker as Lor headed out of the room.

He was just finishing his shower when he heard someone entering the shower room. When a hand landed on his shoulder and yanked him round, he reacted instinctively and brought his fist up in a right hook that sent his assailant flying.

Dillon grabbed his towel and dried his face before wrapping it round his hips and going to see just who was trying to molest him in the shower.

He stopped short when he saw Harry kneeling on the tiled floor holding a hand over his bloody nose.

“Harry,” Dillon said, concern for his friend clear in his voice. “What on earth were you doing trying to grab me like that? You know what my response is to that sort of thing.”

Harry accepted the hand Dillon offered to pull himself up, but he then pushed away from him.

“Well, I would have spoken to you last night, but that alien answered your cell. Apparently you were asleep, and I quote ‘unlikely to wake before morning’ end quote.”

Dillon blushed. “I was rather tired last night. Lor didn’t say he’d spoken to you, but we were late getting up this morning.” Dillon glanced at the wall clock. “Shit, Harry, you know we have a training session in less than five minutes. I need to get dressed.”

Dillon headed back to his locker with Harry trailing after him.

“What are you thinking, Dill? You stayed the night with that thing. Please tell me you didn’t fuck him or, even worse, let him fuck you.”

Dillon rounded on his friend. “What I did or didn’t do last night is none of your business. Now we have a session to get to, and if you’re late, you will be running so many laps you’ll still be here when I start the next session. Is that clear?”

“Yes, sir!” Harry shot him a furious glare before storming out of the room. Dillon took the opportunity to lean against his locker and take a breath.

What was up with Harry? He had never seen his friend act like that before. Sure he hadn’t liked any of Dillon’s boyfriends. But that was only because he hadn’t thought they were good enough for Dillon. He’d never reacted like that though; he’d just been there for Dillon when the relationships fell apart— as they always did.

Sighing and putting the questions away for another time, he headed out to face his trainees.

****

The next three weeks passed in much the same way as their first. Lor would accompany Dillon to all his training sessions, sometimes bringing Ziel if Mora was busy. Between sessions, they would dine together, and they spent each night in each other’s arms. Dillon had been ecstatic when Lor had agreed to bottom, and he had made sure that his mate was screaming for more by the time they both came.

On Dillon’s days off, he would take Lor, and sometimes Ziel, to see the sights of the city. They went to museums and art galleries. They visited restaurants— much to Ziel’s delight— and tried every type of cuisine Dillon could think of. Both Dillon and Lor learned more about each other and their planets.

The only stain on the wonderful time Dillon was having was Harry. Since the argument in the locker room, Harry had avoided Dillon. He came to training and did as he was told, but any time Dillon tried to talk to him about what was wrong, he made some excuse and left. He had also refused to go on the outings with Lor and Ziel. Dillon had had to ask Timmy Harrison to accompany them.

****

Everything was perfect until one morning four weeks after their mating. Lor woke up with a sense of foreboding; he couldn’t seem to shake the feeling that something was going to happen.

He tried to talk Dillon into just staying in their room. He knew Dillon had been feeling achy and sick over the last two weeks, but Dillon had training sessions to run and his mate was nothing if not honorable. Dillon assured Lor it was just a cold and he would be fine.

He followed Dillon to the main building. Just as Dillon was pushing the main door open there was an explosion that rocked the entire building. Air came rushing out of the open door, Dillon and Lor were thrown six feet in the air and about ten feet backward, away from the building. Lor muttered some very quick spells and managed to slow their descent. He landed first and turned to catch Dillon as his mate barreled straight at him.

He laid Dillon on the ground only to find him unconscious. “No, come on, mate. Wake up,” Lor was calling, shaking Dillon by his shoulders.

People were running everywhere. Shouts of “Bomb!” and “Intruders!” could be heard as people ran into the building.

Someone put a hand on Lor’s shoulder, and Lor spun around with a growl. He only stopped when he saw it was Mora.

“Please help me,” he begged his friend. He was in such a panic he couldn’t focus enough to use his magic effectively.

Mora knelt down and muttered over Dillon’s still form, it only took a few moments, but it felt like longer to Lor.

Mora sat back and laid his hand back on Lor’s shoulder. “He is fine. His body has shut down to protect against another attack is all. Look he is starting to wake now.”

Lor let out a cry as he saw Dillon stirring. Blurry green eyes blinked up at him and Dillon smiled.

“Hey, what happened?” he asked, his voice sounding rough. “I feel like I’ve gone ten rounds with Harry.”

Lor chuckled in relief. He must be okay if he was joking.

“A bomb went off in the main building,” Mora was saying to Dillon.

“Shit. I have got to help. Vincent may have been in there. What about Harry and Timmy? What if there’s another bomb somewhere?” Dillon said as he tried to rise only to fall down again with a groan.

“You are going nowhere but back to our accommodation,” Lor said firmly, and to head off any arguments, he picked Dillon up and headed back the way they’d come. “I am sure your military have procedures in place to deal with this kind of situation. I promise I will find out about the ambassador and your friends.”

Lor carried his mate back to their room and tucked him into the bed. He then used a sneaky spell to put Dillon to sleep so he knew the human couldn’t sneak away again as soon as his back was turned. His mate looked so fragile when he was asleep. He wished he knew if there had been any changes since their joining, but nothing had become apparent yet.

It only took a few calls to find the ambassador and also Timmy. Harry, however, was missing and hadn’t been seen since the day before.

Lor found himself shaking at the thought that he had nearly lost his mate before they had started their life together. If Dillon had gone in the building earlier, as was his habit, he could have been caught in the heart of the explosion, and who knows if he would have survived?

A knock on the door shocked Lor out of his morbid thoughts. Upon answering, he found the ambassador standing outside wringing his hands.

“Please, I need to see him for myself. I have to know he’s okay.” The male sounded close to tears and Lor waved him into the room.

“He is asleep, Ambassador. I did not want him trying to leave when I was not watching,” Lor said.

“Please call me Vincent. We’re practically family, and he definitely would’ve tried to leave. You have come to know him well in such a short time. I’m glad you two met. He’s been so happy these past weeks.”

“It makes me happy to ensure he is happy. Have you found anything else out about the bomb?”

Vincent shook his head. “Not much. It was set in the locker room and there was a timer set for ten minutes before the training session started. One trainee was still in the locker room when the bomb went off. Luckily he was in the toilet cubicle, which meant he was protected from the worst of the blast. He has broken bones and other injuries but he’ll survive. The blast was enough to take out most of the locker room, and part of the training room. Of course because the training room is at the front of the building, it also blew out the windows and caused the ceiling to collapse in the lobby.”

“So what will happen now?” Lor asked.

“Well, now we start an investigation in to who planted the bomb and how they got it into the compound. The consensus so far is that the intended targets were you, Dillon, or even maybe Ziel. You’re the only three who should have been in that room at that time. The trainees are usually finished and out before Dillon gets changed; only you and Ziel stay near him. There are times the others run late of course but the person who planted the bomb had to be aiming for someone who they were sure would be in that room at that time. Ziel has been included in the possible targets because there was meant to be a meeting this morning, so the minister should have been busy and Ziel should have been with you and Dillon.

“The compound has been put in to total lockdown, effective immediately. No one goes in and no one goes out.”

Lor looked at his sleeping mate. “I will find out who did this, and when I do I will rip them to pieces for putting my mate in danger.”

Vincent nodded his agreement, and Lor could see an answering anger in the male’s eyes.

Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am love, love, loving this story!!!! I swear I'm like a crack addict when I check the site hoping for a fix! That is what this story is: literary crack!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Finally got caught up on all of the chapters. Holidays are great but make it tough to follow the stories I like to read :P
Hmmm I think Harry seems like the most obvious person who could be involved in this, but that almost seems too easy. I guess we will have to wait to see if the investigation turns up any more information.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 12:41 AM, Normischell said:

I am love, love, loving this story!!!! I swear I'm like a crack addict when I check the site hoping for a fix! That is what this story is: literary crack!

I am so glad you're enjoying the story. I hope you like where it goes. :thankyou:

Link to comment
On 08/19/2015 01:26 AM, LitLover said:

Finally got caught up on all of the chapters. Holidays are great but make it tough to follow the stories I like to read :P

Hmmm I think Harry seems like the most obvious person who could be involved in this, but that almost seems too easy. I guess we will have to wait to see if the investigation turns up any more information.

Hmmm, :X:lol: I am going to steal Gary's fav icon and keep quiet ;) Glad you're caught up and I hope you enjoy how it pans out. :heart:

Link to comment

It's sad about Harry not accepting Dillon's relationship with Lor, but at least it's probably because he's an alien and not because he's male. The bomb was a nasty surprise. :o 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

It's sad about Harry not accepting Dillon's relationship with Lor, but at least it's probably because he's an alien and not because he's male. The bomb was a nasty surprise. :o 

 

Harry is a bit of a mystery. If I had to guess I would have said he wanted Dillon for himself and was just waiting to be noticed, but I may be wrong. 

 

Thanks for taking the time to comment :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..