Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 1,799 Words
  • 4,443 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Help! My Lover's an Alien - 15. Chapter 15

The day of the departure dawned clear and sunny. Dillon was standing at the window of their room on the ship and Lor was watching him from the bed. The view was good for Lor as Dillon was naked, just how he always liked to see his mate. They had decided to sleep on the ship as Mora wanted to be able to protect Ziel better and everyone wanted to be able to leave if they felt threatened again in any way.

The last three days had been busy making sure everything was done and the hope of an early departure had been lost. Lor had assured Dillon he would still be able to contact Earth by sending text documents. This would be of help if the lawyers had any questions.

Dillon had been happier since Vincent, Eve, and Vance had decided to take Mora up on his offer and join them.

“Are you ready, my mate?” Lor asked, getting Dillon to turn back to him.

“Yes, I’m fine. Just still tired, but at least the sickness seems to have eased off. Ziel’s magic is working wonders.”

Lor held his arms out, and Dillon smiled before moving to join him on the bed. They snuggled together until they were interrupted by the alarm Dillon had set.

Dillon sighed as he pulled himself out the bed. Lor could see it was hard work for him to even get up, let alone get showered, dressed and be ready to leave within the next two hours.

Lor had an idea. “Mate, come stand here,” he said pointing to the space in front of him.

Dillon frowned but did as he asked. “We don’t have much time you know.”

Lor placed a hand on Dillon’s face. “Close your eyes, love.” He sometimes liked using the human endearments that he’d found on the database. When Dillon had closed his eyes, Lor muttered a few fast spells and Dillon gasped. Opening his eyes Dillon looked down to see he was now clean and dressed in his favorite clothes.

Smiling, he flung his arms round Lor and hugged him tight. “You’re handy to have around at times,” he whispered and then giggled at Lor’s growl.

****

Getting all the luggage on the small ship was a test of Mora and Piet’s patience. But finally they had everything stowed neatly away and Vincent, Eve, and Vance had been found a spare cabin to share.

Major Timmy Harrison had been instrumental in helping them to keep everything quiet and hidden from the higher ups in the military. The military knew the aliens were leaving, and they were happy. They knew that they had made a bad impression, but Vincent and Timmy had managed to assure them that the aliens would be willing to visit again in the future, once Earth had made a few changes to their security. The military had disavowed all knowledge of Major Princeton’s actions and Dillon’s father, brother, and mother had all been taken in for questioning. Dillon and Vincent had said though that there wasn’t enough evidence to make anything stick and so they were likely to be released soon.

All the paperwork with the lawyers had been done on paper only— not on any computer. Nondisclosure agreements, along with a large paycheck, had ensured they kept quiet and followed the instructions to do nothing until after the group had left the planet.

Vance had made copies of all his research, and Timmy had even managed to get his hands on some of the materials they may need to make prototypes and such. Vincent had used his contacts in the arboretum to get some tree cuttings for Ziel, along with instructions on how to build an arboretum of their own— which earned him a squeal and a hug.

Everything was set and they were ready to leave.

****

“I’m going to miss you all,” Timmy was saying to Vincent and Dillon. Lor and the rest of the alien crew had gone to get the ship ready to go, leaving the humans to say their good-byes alone.

“We’ll stay in touch, and who knows, you could always come and visit one day,” Vincent said, giving the young man a hug. “First, you need to get this compound whipped into shape. Kick some ass and use everything Dillon has taught you if you have to. Plus you need to find out just how deep the corruption has spread. If or when any aliens visit again, there can’t be a repeat of this. Just because the major has mysteriously died, that doesn’t end it. Someone had to have him killed.”

Timmy nodded, and after giving Dillon one last hug, he headed back behind the safe line so he wouldn’t get hurt as the ship took off.

****

Lor strapped Dillon into a chair on the bridge, the other humans had decided to watch the takeoff from the observation lounge, but Lor wanted Dillon nearby.

Ziel had taken the seat next to Dillon to help if he started feeling nauseous again. No one was sure how flying would affect Dillon’s body.

“Final warning,” Mora called out and Lor took his seat next to his superior.

“Dyla, please tell Earth we are ready for takeoff. Dyra, please set all systems to green and on Dyla’s mark engage all engines.” Setting all systems to green meant the weapons would be online, they now knew some humans posed a threat to them and they wanted to be ready to defend themselves if they needed to.

“Yes, sir,” both females said.

Earth replied that they were cleared to launch and Dyra finished flipping all the switches to green. The ship slowly rose into the air and was soon leaving the compound behind.

Lor watched out the corner of his eyes as Dillon stared at the main screen, and he wondered what Dillon was thinking.

****

Dillon was stunned as he watched the compound getting smaller, then his stomach cramped and he took a deep breath, trying to battle the nausea.

“Stay calm and breathe,” Ziel said quietly and laid a hand on Dillon muttering the now familiar words that dampened the nausea down to something Dillon could manage to control himself.

“We are now exiting Earth’s airspace,” came the voice of one of the twins— Dillon still couldn’t tell them apart. He looked away from Ziel to see the Earth getting smaller. This was it; he would almost certainly never return to Earth again. This was the start of his new life.

He laid a hand over the small bump he was starting to get, then he looked over at Lor to see him smiling over at him. He had his husband, his baby, and his family here with him. He didn’t need anything else.

****

They arrived on Debhunder in six Earth-hours and landed on the surface. Lor had shown Dillon pictures of what to expect during the journey but nothing prepared him for the barren surface of the planet. The sun beat down on the hard unforgiving ground, and as they unloaded the ship, Dillon was sweating standing in the heat. He had borrowed one of Mora’s cloaks and hoods, as they were nearest in size, but even with the spell on it, he could still feel the unrelenting heat of the planet. Lor, Ver, and Piet worked together to spell the luggage to follow them, and they hurried toward a tunnel in the side of a mountain they had landed near.

As soon as Dillon entered the tunnel, he felt the immediate relief of coolness.

A pair of guards appeared as they rounded a corner, but as soon as they saw Mora they bowed respectfully and stood aside.

Dillon made a mental note to ask Lor more questions about the hierarchy of the planet; he didn’t want to insult someone by mistake.

“This is where we part ways for a while. Lor will show you all where you’ll be staying,” Mora said as he led Ziel and the twins up a side corridor. Apparently there were reports to file.

Ziel called over his shoulder, “If you need me, Lor knows how to contact me.” And with a wave, they were gone.

Piet and Ver took their leave next at another corridor, saying they wanted to get something decent to eat and then Ver would go looking for his mates to see if they were finished. He confided he hated anything to do with reports.

Lor continued for a while more before heading down a long corridor that opened out at the end. Dillon and the rest of the humans gasped. Before them was a complete landscape of green grass, a flowing river, and flowers. There seemed to be some sort of light emanating from the ceiling of the never ending cavern.

“Welcome to my home country,” Lor said. “This country is called Timmeck and is ruled by Mora and Ziel. We could not tell you on Earth as there was a worry that Mora could be taken as a bargaining tool to get us to use our magic for them.”

Dillon was only half listening; he was still staring at the wonderful view. In the distance, he could see houses, and he could even hear children— younglings— playing somewhere.

“Come, my— our— home is this way.” Lor led them down a paved path toward the river. He continued to talk as they walked. “The house next to mine is empty and so will be your home Vincent, unless you wish to move of course.

“Now Timmeck is one of four countries that make up Debhunder. The other three are Murfiad, Zhern, and Grijheh. I will ensure you have full access to our database, and you can study the history and current events of the different places. “

Lor finally stopped outside two small two-story cottages. One was colored blue and the other was a dark purple. Lor pushed a few buttons by the door of the purple house and had Vincent, Eve, and Vance place their palms on a pad so the house would open for them.

As Vincent and his family entered the house, with promises to meet up after they were settled, their luggage followed them and the door shut.

Dillon then found himself getting the full attention of his mate.

He let out a yelp when Lor swept him into his arms and carried him to the other cottage. The door opened unprompted; Lor carried him inside and laid him on the couch.

“I read it is a human custom to be carried across the threshold,” Lor whispered in Dillon’s ear, eliciting a shiver. “Welcome home, my mate.”

Lor then took his mouth in a kiss that seemed to go on and on.

Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 08/24/2015 10:45 AM, Fae Briona said:

I hope this isn't the end.

Still one more chapter to go. Hope you enjoy :)

Link to comment
On 08/24/2015 12:41 PM, avidreadr said:

I am enjoying this story and hope we at least see the birth!

Oh yes, I learned my lesson last time I left that part out. ;) One chapter to go.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

Wow, that was a short journey, are you sure it didn't take longer. :huh:  I'm glad they got away safely.

 

Ah, the aliens have better technology and wanted to get away at their highest speed. But, I will look at the timings and see if it can be made a bit more believable. :) 

 

Thanks for taking the time to comment :hug:  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..