Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 2,518 Words
  • 3,968 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Help! My Lover's an Alien - 14. Chapter 14

Lor watched as Fred waved a small bottle under Vincent’s nose that made him start coughing. He helped Vincent sit up and then looked at Fred. The doctor seemed to find something immensely amusing.

“What is going on? And what is a granddad?” Lor asked. He was exhausted and close to sleep, but he wanted to know that Dillon was okay.

Fred looked at Lor. “It means you’re going to be a father. I assume you know what that means?”

Lor stared at Fred and then turned to stare at Dillon. A father? But that would mean that…

“A child?” Lor whispered, just as the world went black.

****

Dillon woke to find Ziel dozing in a chair nearby. Careful not to wake the sleeping alien, he looked around and worked out he must be in the medical center on the compound. He’d recognize Fred’s decorating talents anywhere. The walls were a shade of green and there were posters everywhere advertising things Dillon didn’t want to look at.

He worked slowly, flexing each muscle and cataloguing the aches and pains he felt. No broken bones, that was a surprise!

He must have moved too much because Ziel startled awake, blinking in the dim morning light of the room. His eyes focused on Dillon and he grinned. “You are awake. That is great. How do you feel? I have to get Vincent and Doctor Fred.” Ziel was babbling so much Dillon had to grin.

Then he felt the familiar nausea in his stomach. “Ziel, please, I need to throw up. Find something quick,” Dillon said frantically, cutting off Ziel.

Ziel stopped, but instead of getting Dillon what he’d ask for, the alien placed a hand on Dillon’s lower abdomen, and he felt the nausea ease off, then stop altogether. Dillon looked at Ziel in astonishment. “How did you do that?” he asked.

Ziel blushed. “Um, you know we all have magic. Well my magic specializes in healing. Healers actually have the least magical abilities— usually we are levels one and two— but we are the most respected and protected group. Mages rarely get ill but even magical beings break bones and get ill occasionally. Healers can link with a mage’s own magic and use it to heal them, repairing damage from the inside out. I do not have the ability to heal broken bones; my healing specialty is usually what I have been told you call obstetrics. I help beings who are pregnant.”

Dillon looked at Ziel with new eyes. The alien had always just seemed almost like an excited kid, one who enjoyed cooking and asking unending questions. Now Dillon was seeing a side of Ziel that commanded respect.

“So you look after the females who need care when they have their younglings?”

“I look after some females yes…” Ziel agreed, but his voice trailed off as though there was more that he wasn’t sure whether to say or not.

“But there’s more,” Dillon prodded. He was always curious and he had the sudden thought that maybe males could get pregnant on Debhunder.

Ziel shook his head. Obviously he wasn’t going to talk so Dillon changed the subject. “Where’s Lor? I must admit I thought he would be here. Don’t tell me you actually got him to leave?” Dillon tried to keep his tone light but it had hurt not to see his mate when he woke.

“Oh, I almost forgot. He is asleep in the next room. He exhausted himself using too much magic.” Dillon had to smile at how Ziel sounded while telling Dillon about what had happened— even though he was a bit worried about Lor now. “Being a level five mage, he actually can heal broken bones— even though healing is not his specialty— but it takes a lot out of him. Add to that, the way he helped Mora and Ver get into the prison you were in, then he beat up the men who were hurting you. Well as soon as he found out about the baby, his body finally had enough, and he fell asleep on the floor. He…” Ziel stopped with a look of horror on his face.

Dillon thought back over what he had said and then realized, “Baby? What baby?”

Ziel shook his head hard and clapped his hands over his mouth, Dillon thought back over the last few weeks. The nausea and aches. Then he thought about how Ziel had cured his nausea with a small touch of magic, but Ziel specialized in obstetrics. Things finally fell into place and Dillon was shocked he hadn’t at least had an inkling of an idea before. Of course he was a man, so why would he think of it? But then his lover/husband was a magical alien so he should have thought of all the possibilities.

He put a hand on his abdomen and thought about the possibilities. If the military found out, he would be turned in to a specimen to be examined and investigated. The child would most likely be taken from him, by force if necessary.

He was glad the he and Lor had discussed Dillon leaving Earth and going home with Lor. After some in-depth conversations, Dillon had agreed to leave. Although he would miss Vincent, Eve, and Vance, he also knew he had no other ties to Earth— his job with the military would be over now, after the way he had just been treated. Lor, on the other hand, had an entire family on Debhunder, plus a job he loved, and friends. Dillon was going to give his attorney a list of where his trust fund money should go each month and tell him to sell his apartment and split the proceeds between the same charities too.

Dillon was still thinking when a heavenly voice spoke from the doorway, “Good morning, my mate.”

He turned to see Lor standing there, looking just the same as always. Smiling, Dillon held out a hand waiting for Lor to come and sit with him to speak, “Morning, but it’s not good until I get my morning kiss.”

Lor grinned and leaned down to rectify his oversight.

When he let Dillon up for air, Lor turned serious. “We need to talk,” he said.

Dillon thought about letting him try and find the words to talk about the baby but he took pity instead. Lor looked like a kid sitting outside the principal’s office waiting to find out their punishment. “It wouldn’t have anything to do with the fact you’ve managed to knock me up, would it? You know, getting me pregnant,” he added when Lor looked confused.

Dillon had to laugh at the expression on Lor’s face. He only wished he had a camera. Then he regretted laughing as the nausea returned with a vengeance. Ziel was quick to lay a hand on Dillon’s stomach and the feeling receded, but he could still feel it there, waiting to pounce like a stalking tiger. He hoped that he could find a more permanent solution soon, or he would be hanging around Ziel a lot.

“Thanks,” Dillon gasped out to Ziel, when he could speak again. He then turned to Lor. “Any ideas on how this happened? I mean I know how but what I mean is… Oh you must know what I mean. I’m a man; we don’t have the right internal organs to create or grow a baby.”

Lor scratched his head. “Um, I think we need to talk to Fred. He hasn’t explained it to me yet. I’ve only just woken up.”

Dillon nodded, seeing his cell on the bedside table he picked it up and tapped a few buttons.

Vincent answered almost straightaway. “Dillon, are you feeling better?”

“I’m feeling better than I should… Grandad!” He just couldn’t help the teasing comment slipping out.

Vincent grinned. “They told you? That’s great.”

“Yep they told me. But we need more information, so can you find Fred and bring him here? I know this is new to him but the premise of pregnancy should be the same and we need to sort some things out— quickly.”

Vincent agreed and hung up.

****

Within half an hour, Dillon, Ziel, and Lor had been joined by Mora, Fred, and Vincent.

Dillon started the discussion, “First, Fred, please tell me how on earth did I, as a male, end up pregnant. And please don’t start with any jokes about the birds and the bees.”

Fred took a breath. “I did some scans while you were asleep. From what I can see a— for want of a better word— a sack has grown just under your large intestines, against your bladder. Now most of this is going to be guess work, but from what I can make out, from what Ziel has explained, and from my own scans, when you and Lor were intimate, his semen must have been absorbed through your rectum walls and, from what information Ziel has given me, Lor’s magic flowed through your body picking up some of your DNA at the same time. The magic combined both your DNAs and… well the rest you can work out for yourself. Apparently there are other species on their planet that this has happened to.”

Dillon listened then thought of something. “Please tell me there is no record of your scans?”

Fred shook his head. “Vincent helped me to ensure all records of any scans were wiped before they could be picked up by the backup system.”

Dillon nodded. “Good, I don’t want them to try and stop me leaving Earth.”

Vincent let out a cry. “You’re leaving Earth?”

Dillon stared at the man he considered his father. “How can I stay here? The child would be taken, and we would both be looked on as specimens to be examined and experimented on. And anyway of course I would go with my mate.”

Vincent looked devastated. “I guess I hadn’t thought that far ahead. But of course you’re right. I don’t know what Eve, Vance, and I will do. My career is over and Vance will be kicked out by association. Although I know he was trying to get out anyway. The military are trying to get him to work more on weapons rather than the things that will help the citizens.”

Mora had been listening with seeming more interest as Vincent spoke. “You know you could all come with us,” he said, causing everyone to look at him. “Debhunder always welcomes all species. Also, I have met and spoken with your son many times over the time we have been here. His ideas are nothing short of brilliant and his inventions would greatly benefit my people. We can get the supplies he needs and fund his work.”

Vincent stared openmouthed at Mora. Finally he spoke, “I will certainly tell him about your offer, and I will also have to speak to Eve. How long do we have?”

Dillon thought about what he needed to do and how long he would need to finalize a few things. “I think we need three days. That will give Eve and Vance time to make a decision, and give us all time to put our affairs in order.” He turned to Lor. “Also I would like to show you my apartment and pick up a few personal items.”

Lor smiled. “I would be honored to see where you have lived.”

Dillon grinned. “Great.” He turned to Fred. “So is there anything you can do for this nausea? And is there anything I should avoid, not eat, not do, et cetera?”

Fred went on to explain all the rules of pregnancy and Dillon started to wish he hadn’t asked.

****

Dillon took Lor to his apartment. They’d stopped at his attorney’s office on the way and had left instructions for anything left in the apartment in three days’ time to be sold and split as Dillon had instructed for the rest of the money.

When they arrived at Dillon’s apartment, Dillon was surprised when Lor pulled him into a fierce hug. He buried his face in Dillon’s shoulder and just clung.

“Hey, what’s wrong, love?” Dillon asked alarmed at Lor’s sudden behavior.

“I almost lost you,” came the muffled reply. “I did not know where you were, or even if you were alive. Then when we found you, you were so badly hurt. Now knowing you were pregnant as well, I could have lost you and our youngling.”

Dillon held Lor tight and spoke calmly until Lor relaxed. “I won’t leave you. I’m coming home with you, and you will be there to protect me and our child. No more worrying. You hear me?”

Lor smiled and nodded. Dillon pulled him into a long, slow kiss that left them both breathless. “That is just a preview of what you may get later,” Dillon whispered in Lor’s ear, causing the other male to smile, and Dillon grinned.

He gave Lor a quick tour of the apartment: bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and small living room. He then left Lor to explore while he found a case to use.

He packed his clothes and books first, then he moved on to a small cabinet in the living room. In it were pictures of his family in happier times, and pictures of Vincent, Eve, and Vance.

The last thing he did was dig out a small ornate box from a drawer by his bed. He sat on the bed and looked at the contents.

“What is that?” Lor asked, startling Dillon.

“Oh, this is what a distant uncle left me when he died. At first I didn’t know who he was but Vincent found out for me. He was the only other man in my family to be openly gay. He was married for twenty years before his husband died. When he heard my dad had thrown me out, he changed his will. Apparently he was going to contact me but didn’t get the chance. He died of a heart attack and his lawyer was the one who contacted me instead.”

Opening the box he picked up the rings it contained. Dillon had an idea, taking Lor’s hand he slipped one of the rings on the third finger of his left hand. Looking into Lor’s eyes, he said, “Please wear this ring to show we are mated and that we will always be together.”

Lor’s eyes filled with tears. “I would be honored to wear this ring if you do the same.” And so saying he picked up the other ring and slid it onto the same finger as Dillon had. Dillon took it as fate that both rings fit perfectly; he hoped his uncle would be happy for him.

“Come on, let’s get back. We need to get ready for the departure. Seeing as everything has gone quicker than expected, we should be able to leave tomorrow instead of waiting longer and taking any chances of people finding out anything we don’t want them knowing.” Dillon stood and held out his hand to his mate.

Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I enjoy reading this book so much, but the chapters are so short. Right when i get into reading it, its over. I would rather wait a longer period of time than to have such brief chapters.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Again, I find myself smiling as I read your intriguing, exciting story...so well done!! Love the characters!! :great:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow Dillon took the news a lot better than I expected. He is right...he needs to leave the planet or he and the baby are going to be test subjects in some secret facility somewhere.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/23/2015 12:28 PM, LitLover said:

Wow Dillon took the news a lot better than I expected. He is right...he needs to leave the planet or he and the baby are going to be test subjects in some secret facility somewhere.

Yep, a lot of governments often want to experiment first and ask questions about morals later.

 

:thankyou: for the comments :)

Link to comment
On 08/23/2015 11:38 AM, Onim said:

Again, I find myself smiling as I read your intriguing, exciting story...so well done!! Love the characters!! :great:

:thankyou: a writer always likes to hear that they've made their characters likable.

Link to comment
On 08/23/2015 11:18 AM, Ford said:

I enjoy reading this book so much, but the chapters are so short. Right when i get into reading it, its over. I would rather wait a longer period of time than to have such brief chapters.

Sorry I often keep my chapters short. I find it easier to move the story along that way. I am trying out different ways of working stories though...so watch this space...

 

:thankyou: for the comment :)

Link to comment

This is my second time reading dis story brings tears to my eyes love it too much thank u for writing somn so beautiful

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 8/16/2017 at 9:59 PM, Sussins said:

This is my second time reading dis story brings tears to my eyes love it too much thank u for writing somn so beautiful

 

:thankyou: for the comment. It means a lot :hug: 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

I like the idea of Vincent and his family going with them. He can be Earth's ambassador to Deb.

 

That is the idea. I have actually expanded this slightly and added more detail to Vincent and his family. I may add it here eventually, I just want to add some more first. 

 

Thanks for taking the time to comment :hug:  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..