Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,759 Words
  • 2,239 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

PESI - 2. Chapter 2

It seemed that I just dropped off to sleep when Pesi woke me. I took a shower and dressed casually for the day. I decided last night that I wouldn’t be going into the office today. “Pesi, please call the office and let them know I won’t be coming in today.”

I started the coffee and prepared to make breakfast. “Doctor, the boys are awake and taking a shower together.”

I set the table, poured two glasses of orange juice, and started making breakfast. Just as I was getting ready to plate the breakfast, two boys entered the kitchen. “Did you sleep well?”

“Yes, sir.”

Ready for breakfast, I sat plates in front of them. Each had three pancakes, two fried eggs, and two sausages. I even had a stack of toast ready for them. I sat opposite with my coffee and toast. “Marcus, yesterday I told Robby he was welcome to stay, or I’ll take him back to the city. I’m making the same offer to you.”

Marcus looked at Robby. Robby nodded his head, yes. “If I stay, can I share Robby’s room?”

“You’ll have to, I only have two bedrooms, and you can’t share mine.”

“If we stay, can we leave anytime we want?”

“Yes, anytime you want to go back to the park or city, you can go. You are not prisoners. If you decide to stay here, there are a few rules, one you need to keep your room clean, two you need to respect my privacy as I’ll respect yours, and third you’ll need to go to school.” I watched as they digested what I just said. “If you need to discuss this proposal, you can do it in the family room and let me know at lunch.”

They helped to clear the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher. While they did that, I went to my hothouse. I had built a hothouse on the back of the house with a few herbs and several seeding plots. Outside of the hothouse, I had a small garden that I liked to putz around in. I grew some vegetables, but it was mostly just a hobby to enjoy the outdoors. I think wild animals ate most of the food. It was a game, who got them first, the animals, or me.

I got busy and forgot about the time, “Doctor, the boys are in the kitchen. I think they might be hungry.”

“Thanks, Pesi, I’ll wash up and be right there. Tell them to get the makings for sandwiches out of the refrigerator, and I’ll be in shortly.”

I went into the laundry room to wash my hands when I notice that Marcus’s bag was still on the floor unopened.

“Pesi tells me you boys are hungry. Let’s make sandwiches. Robby, would you please get the milk out of the refrigerator and pour two glasses.” I got some plates out, put the fixings for sandwiches on them, and took them to the table. “This is a fix your own sandwich. If there is something that you want and it isn’t here, either check the refrigerator or ask.”

I watched as the boys started to fix their sandwiches. I took a bag of chips from the cupboard and set them on the table. I reheated my coffee from this morning and watched as they ate. “Have you boys made any decisions about staying?”

Marcus looked at Robby, “Marcus and I would like to stay, but we’re afraid that you won’t want us to stay once you find out about us.”

“Did you kill anyone?” Heads shook no. “Did you hurt anyone physically?” Again the same answer. “Did you steal anything except food because you were hungry?” They paused and then decided the answer was no. “So, what did you do that I’d find offensive?”

They looked at each other. You could see in their eyes, and then it dawned on me. They were boyfriends. “If you’re concerned about the fact that your boyfriends and I may find that offensive, don’t be concerned. It’s good to have someone in your life, and love makes it even better. I think this house needs some love.”

I watched as they looked at each other. Then I felt two pairs of arms around my neck. “Does this mean you have decided to stay?”

They just squeezed harder. “Ok, come with me.” I led them to my office. I opened a panel, “Pesi, these boys are going to stay. We need to add them to the household. Boys, just put your palm on this pad and announce your full name. When Pesi acknowledges you, you can withdraw your hand. Any questions?” Both boys shook their heads no.

“Are you ready, Pesi?”

“Yes, Doctor”

I watched as each boy put their hand on the pad and announced their name, Robert James Blithe and then Marcus Avery Hardly.

“Thanks, boys. Robby, if you want to watch the second disc of Star Wars, ask Pesi.”

I watched as the boys left to go to the family room, holding hands.

“Pesi, we need to order clothes for Marcus as well as robes for both boys. Are you able to get their shoe size, or should I ask them?”

“I can determine that from their footprint when they step out of their bath.”

“Ok, order the clothes and shoes for young teens. Have you check their background.”

“Yes, there are no police records. Their school records indicate they are slightly above average intelligence. They both are 14 years old, but they will have a birthday in the next three months when they will be 15.”

“Anything about why they were on the street.”

“Nothing indicated in any of their school records.”

“Check their families and do a check on their fathers.”

I went to my office to do some work. I could hear the movie as I passed the family room. I may buy a popcorn machine. What’s a movie without popcorn?

“Pesi, can you get a transcript of the boys’ school records?”

“Yes, Doctor”

I heard the copier machine come to life as paper started to exit the machine. I had their school records for every year they were in school. I looked at the last year and saw that they were indeed excellent students. Now my interest was truly piqued. Why were these boys on the street?

“Doctor, the boys are asking if they could have a snack.”

“Pesi, tell them to go and help themselves. There’s fruit in the refrigerator and juices. It looks like we need to order more food as well. Also, I need to get a larger freezer for the garage.”

I never had to worry about Pesi. He did everything I asked and was a perfect companion. It saved me a lot of time doing what other people had to do, like shopping.

“Doctor, I have information on the boys’ parents. They had no police records, nor did they report their sons being absent. There are no siblings. On the surface, there appears to be no reason for the boys to be put out of their home.”

“Contact my lawyer and have him draw up papers for their parents to relinquish their parental rights. Make sure he does not mention my name. If he has problems, have him threaten legal action. I’m sure putting their boys on the street has broken some law.”

That night after dinner, “Boys, we need to talk about school. There are two choices, one you can attend a public or private school or you can be at home school. Which do you prefer?”

I watched them as they looked at each other. Watching their facial expressions and body language, I knew they reached a decision. “If possible, we’d like to be homeschooled.”

I knew the reason gay boys were not always welcome due to homophobia. “If you're homeschooled, I’d expect you to continue excelling. Your teacher is very knowledgeable, and you’ll be able to proceed at your own rate.”

They both agreed, “Pesi, order two desks and two computers for the boys. Have them set up in their room.”

There was a knock, “Doctor, that’s the clothing order for Marcus.”

“Marcus, Robby, there are packages here for you. Robby, you need to show Marcus what to do with his new clothes. There are also shoes for both of you.”

I watched as the boys picked up the packages and headed for the laundry room. When Marcus returned, he had tears in his eyes. I hugged him and held him for a few minutes. “It’s ok, Marcus, you’re safe now, and you don’t ever have to go back on the streets.”

“I never had so many nice clothes. My parents always got my clothes at church sales.”

“Well, those days are over. You can thank me by doing your best in your classes.”

Later that evening, in my office, “Pesi, any more information on the kids’ parents?”

“Yes, Marcus’s family goes to a church that preaches against gays, Robby’s father works as a laborer and has a negative feeling on gay issues. He has participated in anti-gay demonstrations.”

“Pesi, when the school supplies arrive, I’d like their computers hooked into your network. That way, you can monitor their sites and also be able to judge their school progress. Are you ready to be a teacher?”

“Yes, Doctor, I have many references to draw upon. Doctor, I’ll be offline at midnight for 15 minutes while I update my files.”

“Thanks for letting me know. I’ll make sure the home is secure.”

The following Monday, the desks and computers arrived. The boys re-arranged their room to accommodate the additional furniture. Robby and Marcus wanted to show me what they had done. I noticed that the desks faced each other, and the room was certainly large enough to accommodate the desks. “Doctor, do we need a printer?”

“I don’t think so, but you can ask Pesi. He’ll be your teacher.”

“Pesi, I need to go into the office today. While I’m gone, perhaps, you could start the boys on their evaluations. I’d like them tested to the limit. Just make sure you start where they left off and see how far they go. Any word from my lawyer?

“No, Doctor, you might want to check when you’re in the city.”

Walking into the boy’s room, “Boys, I have got go to work today. There’s food in the refrigerator, and if you have any questions, you can ask Pesi. I’ll see you tonight for dinner.”

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 18
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

23 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Interesting chapter, it seems that it was a forgone conclusion that the parents were bigots and major homophobes, I think that maybe he will need to extend the house, plus he has 2 really smart boys to liven up his life

Yes, intelligence is not limited by one's sexual preference.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I like how the story is going.I have to admit I would be a little uneasy about PESI knowing everything about you. We're not giving to hear "Doctor the boys are having sex " are we?LOL

 

3 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I like how the story is going.I have to admit I would be a little uneasy about PESI knowing everything about you. We're not giving to hear "Doctor the boys are having sex " are we?LOL

No, I don't think so. I'll read the next chapter to check, 😀

  • Haha 5
Link to comment

I like the story, but seem to recall having read it earlier. Did you post it elsewhere previously?

Really looking forward to next chapters, Professor Pesi and WHN.

I share weinerdog and chris191070 comments about devices like Pesi (Alexa etc) that, so far,  listen to 'Everything' and SURPRISE sharing your info 24/7/365 every time is does a software upgrade automatically, usually every few hours. 

Not only is that truly invasive, but sharing with whom?  An IT friend at MS told me recently he won't allow those 'things'  in his house, AND certainly not unless his house is built to be a complete SKIF because of hacking, both domestically and foreign. A cohort of Gates and Allan, with more degrees than anyone else I know, 'I' tend to listen to him.

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. The boys have settled into there new home. I love PESI she runs the house well.

A little futuristic although New a guy who was able to turn  on his lights from his car on the way home. He was a techie 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

I like the story, but seem to recall having read it earlier. Did you post it elsewhere previously?

Really looking forward to next chapters, Professor Pesi and WHN.

I share weinerdog and chris191070 comments about devices like Pesi (Alexa etc) that, so far,  listen to 'Everything' and SURPRISE sharing your info 24/7/365 every time is does a software upgrade automatically, usually every few hours. 

Not only is that truly invasive, but sharing with whom?  An IT friend at MS told me recently he won't allow those 'things'  in his house, AND certainly not unless his house is built to be a complete SKIF because of hacking, both domestically and foreign. A cohort of Gates and Allan, with more degrees than anyone else I know, 'I' tend to listen to him.

I have posted some of my stories on other sites a long. time ago. Your techie friend is right. I have Alexa and thatches been broached a few times.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

The Boy's lives have changed for the way better.

I have no issue with PESI. Look at Social media sites, etc. Information is power. Can we stop the progression? Do we want to?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Buz said:

The Boy's lives have changed for the way better.

I have no issue with PESI. Look at Social media sites, etc. Information is power. Can we stop the progression? Do we want to?

I don't think we can ever stop the progression as long as we have inquisitive minds who can dream.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..