Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 2,023 Words
  • 9,346 Views
  • 23 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Accidents Happen - 15. Chapter 15 - The Fun Never Stops

Charlie's night out doesn't go as some would have planned. As if that wasn't enough to make someone upset, the morning brings all sorts of new problems. What is a guy to do?

Chapter 15 – The Fun Never Stops

Charlie could feel the heat on his cheeks. Oh my God. No wonder I couldn’t find a ring. He is gay! The news wasn’t making him upset, but it did make him nervous in the pit of his stomach.

“Um,” began Charlie rather shyly and softly. “You know I did bring dessert.”

Scott looked Charlie up and down than smiled widely. Charlie blushed even more deeply.

“I meant I brought dessert for everyone.”

Scott began to laugh. Charlie looked at him and then realized what had been suggested by his comment, which just made it worse. His blush felt like it was on fire now. It seemed as though it was going to be one of those times when no matter what he said he was just going to get himself further into trouble.

“Relax, Charlie. It is just us.”

Charlie nodded and stayed silent. He watched as Scott smiled and led him back out into the bookstore. Since Nick had opened the store back up there were a few people wandering around. Charlie felt better knowing he was no longer alone with Scott.

“You know, Charlie, you haven’t really said anything.”

“About?”

“Me.”

Charlie looked at Scott. Once again he felt those intense blue eyes pin him to the spot he stood in. What could he say? God, I really need time to process this. I mean what does he want me to say?

“It’s okay,” Scott said softly. He walked to the front of the store and began rummaging around under the counter looking for something.

Charlie was totally confused. What is okay? What is he talking about?

A moment later, Scott was back and was carrying something in his hands. The bright smile and warmth that had surrounded Scott all night seemed somehow dim now. Charlie wasn’t sure why, but he knew he was the cause.

“This is the book I plan to use to next, Charlie. Please, take it. I’ll see you at program then?”

“Of course you will. I wouldn’t miss it. I’m always happy to do anything that helps the kids.”

“Right, anything for the kids.”

Charlie looked up. Scott had sounded strange but he turned as Charlie tried to check his face. Without another word Scott waved and headed off to the back room.

“Hey, Charlie. Thanks for a great night. The boss man was the happiest I’ve seen him in a while.”

Charlie looked up and smiled at Nick.

“It was nice meeting you, Nick. I hope to see you when I get back here for the programs.”

“Oh, I thought …”

Charlie never did get to find out what Nick had been thinking about because the door opened and a large family came in. The children were loud and talking while their parents tried hard to keep them together. Taking the opportunity, Charlie slid out the door and into the night.

It was much cooler now. November had started out so warm, but now the nights were finally showing a definite chill to them. Charlie walked slowly to his car. Something had been going on after Scott made his announcement. Charlie knew that much, but what it was he had no clue. Just what the hell was I suppose to say to him? I really need to go home and think about all this.

The drive home was done in silence. His mind kept mulling things over and he couldn’t come to a comfortable conclusion about any of it. He parked and walked toward his apartment while a dozen different things flew through his mind.

He grabbed his key and was about to open his door when he saw the note taped to it. Sliding it off, he opened the door and collapsed into one of the chairs at the table. I wonder what kind of trouble I have caused Scott now.

He sat lost in thought turning the note over and over in his hand. Finally, he noticed what he was holding and opened it.

Hi Chuck,

Stopped by and hoped to catch you, but evidently you finally went out. When did that happen? I mean you never go out. Anyway I will swing by to see you tomorrow. I sort of need to talk to you buddy. Hope all is well. Sorry about Tina.

 

Ted

 

Ted was looking for him and Charlie didn’t know what to make of that. Ted called him about once a month to keep them close. He was always filling Charlie in on the latest job he applied for, the latest sexual conquest – whether it was male or female. Ted had joked he was a tri-sexual; He would try anyone once, twice if they were good. He seemed to still be making friends wherever he went, but all his ex’s loved him anyway.

Well, my night can’t get much stranger. Charlie wandered into his bedroom and began grabbing clothing to wear for bed. Then he took them into the bathroom. He knew he wasn’t exactly dirty but he hoped the steam from the shower would help to make the tension he was feeling ease. Charlie shampooed his head and then just stood under the hot water letting it clean off the soap. While he tried to rest his mind the heat and water worked to relax his tired muscles.

The water eventually turned cold and Charlie was forced out to face the world again. He dried himself off and slipped into his night clothes. Then he padded out to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of milk. Oh, I forgot the cake pan there with Scott. Ah, I’ll pick it up when I see him next.

Charlie curled up on the couch and flipped through the channels. He wasn’t sure what he wanted, but he was wound up. He knew rest wouldn’t come easy. The only thing working in his favor was that it was Friday night. Finally finding an old comedy, Charlie curled up on the couch and soon fell asleep.

His dreams that night were all over the place. He dreamed of Rick Junior talking about his boyfriend, half way through the story Rick morphed into Becca. Now she was going on about how Nita really wanted a fancy wedding up in Connecticut because New York just wouldn’t recognize their devotion. The dream altered as his mother walked in and asked him to explain why she had a man with hole in his chest pinned to the wall. Charlie didn’t know what she meant till she pointed behind him and all he could see were Scott’s blue eyes. The sad and haunted look woke Charlie up.

The television was still on, but now some advertisement was on trying to sell some glow in the dark crayons for kids. Charlie just flipped the television off and looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It was ten after three in the morning. Well he was awake now, so he figured he would get something done.

Charlie picked up his glass and saw the milk had dried around the inside as headed into the kitchen. The dishes were all neatly piled there from the cake he had made earlier. Turning on the sink he filled it with hot water and began doing up the dishes. It was busy work for his hands but his mind was left to wander.

I’ve seen that look on Scott’s face, that sad one from my dream. I had seen it tonight in fact, when he asked me about what he told me. How do I feel? So he’s gay. That doesn’t bother me at all. Becca is gay. Rick Junior is bisexual. Hell even Ted is bisexual. To me it makes no more difference than what color hair someone has. So what did he want me to say? God, I am so confused.

The dishes were finished in no time at all. Charlie figured he might as well try and get some real rest in his bed. He killed the lights in the living room and headed back to his bedroom. It wasn’t long till he was deep asleep again and the dreams began.

This time Charlie dreamed he was in a bubble. He could see everyone, but no one could see or hear him in his bubble. He watched as his father walked over and hugged his mother. Then he watched as Becca was walking hand in hand with Nita talking about plans for their wedding. Again the scene changed and he was watching Bobby and Jeanette as they curled up on their couch to watch television together. It was upsetting to see the people he cared about and them not see or hear him, but so far he hadn’t been too crazy. Then Scott was there. He stood alone and walked away from Charlie’s bubble as quickly as he could. When that happened, Charlie found himself trying to go after Scott. The bubble wouldn’t let him go and soon he watched as Scott vanished from sight.

Charlie woke shortly after six am. It didn’t pay to go back and try to sleep some more. He knew he would be out of sorts but figured he might as well start his day. He stumbled into the bathroom and went about taking care of the calls of nature before shaving and brushing his teeth. He felt his way to the kitchen and started up the pot of coffee. He had no sooner grabbed his coffee mug out of the cabinet when there was a knock on the front door. Now who the hell is that at this hour of the morning, on a Saturday no less!

“Chuck, open up!” came the muffled voice through the door.

Oh lord. He sounds drunk.

Charlie opened the door to find Ted barely standing in the doorway. His eyes were bloodshot and his normal smile was instead a tight line across his. From even a few feet away Charlie could tell Ted had been drinking all night. His clothes smelled like a brewery and the smell of smoke clung to him as well.

“My god, Ted. What the hell were you drinking last night? Get in here before you fall down.”

Ted stumbled in, grabbed Charlie in a hug and began to cry. Charlie stood there stunned holding him in the doorway.

“Chuck, I so fucked everything up. I don’t,” Ted began before sobbing uncontrollably. Charlie kicked his front door closed and led Ted to the couch. He managed to get him to sit down and then grabbed a few tissues which he pressed into Ted’s hands. He had never seen Ted this upset. Ted was usually the life of the party. He was always trying to get Charlie to lighten up and live life. What on earth could have Ted this upset?

Charlie sat with his arm around Ted letting his friend cry himself out. It took a while, but then Ted was just letting little gasps go. Charlie eventually dragged him into the bathroom, helped him strip and held him under the shower to wash the smell of sweat and alcohol off of Ted. Then Charlie wrapped him in a towel and tucked him into his own bed. He wandered back into the bathroom and took the clothing into his kitchen where he tossed them into his small washing machine. Leaning back against the counter he wondered what else could possibly happen today. There was another knock at the door.

See, I knew no good deed goes unpunished. What am I in for now?

Charlie looked out the peephole only to see his mother. Before he could figure out why she would be there, Barbara moved aside slightly and exposed a very black and blue Rick Junior. I’m really growing to hate mornings.

Well no one said life was easy, especially Charlie. Next chapter finds Charlie dealing with Ted, Rick Jr., and of course his mother. What more could you want? Comments are always good to read. Please feel free to leave a happy point if you liked it. Comments are can also be done in the forum for this story. Link to the forum - http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/31725-accidents-happen-by-comicfan
Copyright © 2011 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Make the chapters longer you evil man <_<:P

Charlie can't seem to catch a break as well as being confused by Scott. Hmmm more very soon..say tomorrow? :P

Link to comment

lol.

I ditto Stu on this one Wayne! :P we need longer chapters! <_<

Ted and Rick Jr's problems are going to be dealt with, what about Scott and Charlie's? :P I hope His mum conks him on the head and tells him what he was supposed to 'say' to Scott! <_<

But. yeah, i dont blame him all that much. he's as confused as ever, and Scott could have been a little clearer! *sigh*

Oh well, Till the next one, Cheers!

Link to comment
On 06/18/2011 08:41 PM, Agaith said:
Make the chapters longer you evil man <_<:P

Charlie can't seem to catch a break as well as being confused by Scott. Hmmm more very soon..say tomorrow? :P

I'll give you tomorrow. I get about one to two chapters a week between work. What can I tell you. Glad you are reading. Was worried people were losing interest. :)
Link to comment
On 06/18/2011 09:08 PM, Frostina said:
lol.

I ditto Stu on this one Wayne! :P we need longer chapters! <_<

Ted and Rick Jr's problems are going to be dealt with, what about Scott and Charlie's? :P I hope His mum conks him on the head and tells him what he was supposed to 'say' to Scott! <_<

But. yeah, i dont blame him all that much. he's as confused as ever, and Scott could have been a little clearer! *sigh*

Oh well, Till the next one, Cheers!

Well like so many of us, Charlie can see other's problems crystal clear. He is great helping them. However, as Barbara said, he has yet to figure out himself. Stay with me for more soon. :)
Link to comment

Wow! So many things happening...

 

Charlie is thinking about Scott, Ted just lost the love of his life (or his job or something XD), Rick the second (lol) just got hurt and the mum is here! It's going to explose lol!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

 

Write more!

Kiss and Hug

 

PS we need longer chapters!innocent.gif sneak attack lol

Link to comment

If Rick Jr is black and blue, I hate to think what Barbara will do or did to Rick Sr.....

 

Ted is a distraction that Charlie could do without just now, but isn't that just like life, always something getting in the way.

 

Scott is going to have to do some 'splaining if he really wants to get somewhere with Charlie, as Charlie is clueless.

 

Yikes, you really know how to yank our chains, now we wait for the next installment.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

So... we're going this one way with Tina and Charlie. Screech... (literally) and we have a new way with Charlie and Scott. Throw in some drama to highlight the bi/gay issues with his family and force Charlie to think about those issues, though of course he still can't apply them to himself. Bang! Tim shows up and we have a whole new direction and don't forget a poor black and blue Rick Jr. Charlie's comfortable little world full of self-delusions is just about at it's end isn't it? That whole 'bubble' metaphor was pretty good for that. Can't wait to see what is going to happen next, you have me completely turned around and I just can't tell! Please tell me eventually Scott is just going to pin Charlie to the wall and kiss him senseless, cause he soooo needs it!

Link to comment
On 06/21/2011 03:21 AM, Elezbed said:
Wow! So many things happening...

 

Charlie is thinking about Scott, Ted just lost the love of his life (or his job or something XD), Rick the second (lol) just got hurt and the mum is here! It's going to explose lol!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

 

Write more!

Kiss and Hug

 

PS we need longer chapters!innocent.gif sneak attack lol

Well like anything else Charlie's life just isn't smooth. Crafting now and yeah going to end up with a longer chapter due to all that has to happen. Glad you are enjoying it.
Link to comment
On 06/22/2011 12:44 PM, Daddydavek said:
If Rick Jr is black and blue, I hate to think what Barbara will do or did to Rick Sr.....

 

Ted is a distraction that Charlie could do without just now, but isn't that just like life, always something getting in the way.

 

Scott is going to have to do some 'splaining if he really wants to get somewhere with Charlie, as Charlie is clueless.

 

Yikes, you really know how to yank our chains, now we wait for the next installment.

Show me anyone whose life goes smoothly and I'll show you a children's book of sanitized stories. Real life, and interesting stories have challenges. Just so happens Charlie's life isn't one that sails smoothly. However a lot of things are going to be straightened out very shortly. Hang in there.
Link to comment
On 06/23/2011 01:35 AM, Cia said:
So... we're going this one way with Tina and Charlie. Screech... (literally) and we have a new way with Charlie and Scott. Throw in some drama to highlight the bi/gay issues with his family and force Charlie to think about those issues, though of course he still can't apply them to himself. Bang! Tim shows up and we have a whole new direction and don't forget a poor black and blue Rick Jr. Charlie's comfortable little world full of self-delusions is just about at it's end isn't it? That whole 'bubble' metaphor was pretty good for that. Can't wait to see what is going to happen next, you have me completely turned around and I just can't tell! Please tell me eventually Scott is just going to pin Charlie to the wall and kiss him senseless, cause he soooo needs it!
Cia, You point out a lot of the story. There are things I would love to comment on but going to have to wait just a bit more. Only thing I will say is Scott isn't the sort of man to just let things lie. Hang on to your hat, the story is starting its final wind up.
Link to comment

Charlie started the accidents but now everyone else's train-wreck of lives is crashing down on him <_< No fair! So much in such a short chapter...write faster! Write longer!

 

 

Link to comment
On 08/12/2011 08:35 AM, K.C. said:
Charlie started the accidents but now everyone else's train-wreck of lives is crashing down on him <_< No fair! So much in such a short chapter...write faster! Write longer!

 

Well Charlie just sort of attracts trouble. He doesn't have to go looking for it. But glad you are still with me.
Link to comment

YESSS!!!!!! I knew Ted would be back and he and Chuck would be boinking link bunnies! :)

 

Then again, you have a decidedly Roman streak in you, Sounds like it's gonna be a Roman Orgy now that young Rick is there - well once Mama leaves of course. 0:)

Link to comment
On 10/15/2011 10:19 AM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
YESSS!!!!!! I knew Ted would be back and he and Chuck would be boinking link bunnies! :)

 

Then again, you have a decidedly Roman streak in you, Sounds like it's gonna be a Roman Orgy now that young Rick is there - well once Mama leaves of course. 0:)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't have throw away characters. If I have someone enter the story they are going to be around for a while. And where do you see me having a Roman Orgy? :lol:
Link to comment
On 10/15/2011 10:19 AM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
YESSS!!!!!! I knew Ted would be back and he and Chuck would be boinking link bunnies! :)

 

Then again, you have a decidedly Roman streak in you, Sounds like it's gonna be a Roman Orgy now that young Rick is there - well once Mama leaves of course. 0:)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't have throw away characters. If I have someone enter the story they are going to be around for a while. And where do you see me having a Roman Orgy? :lol:
Link to comment

Definitely a busy night and even crazier morning for poor Charlie. If these twists continue I'm going to have to get a neck brace.

MORE!

Link to comment
On 02/11/2012 02:02 AM, MidnightMan said:
Definitely a busy night and even crazier morning for poor Charlie. If these twists continue I'm going to have to get a neck brace.

MORE!

Well glad you seem to be enjoying this. Just don't get whiplash. :P
Link to comment

The last sentence of this chapter made me truly laugh out loud. There's been so many mornings that I have felt the same way.

 

Do these people think that Charlie is " Father O' Reilly" or something? Seems everyone looks to him for something, and he does not even know himself.

 

Next scene please!

Link to comment
On 11/06/2012 08:29 AM, joann414 said:
The last sentence of this chapter made me truly laugh out loud. There's been so many mornings that I have felt the same way.

 

Do these people think that Charlie is " Father O' Reilly" or something? Seems everyone looks to him for something, and he does not even know himself.

 

Next scene please!

Jo Ann, as someone who is constantly having "company" I'm sure it is more than them looking for a place to stay. You are a comfort and they all are willing to take that from you. Charlie is the same way. Poor boy just doesn't know the word "NO"
Link to comment

Poor Charlie if it doesn't rain it pours. Co fusing dreams all night, drunk friend now a battered cousin with his mom.

Link to comment
On 06/07/2013 10:55 AM, Daithi said:
Poor Charlie if it doesn't rain it pours. Co fusing dreams all night, drunk friend now a battered cousin with his mom.
And the fun hasn't even started yet.
Link to comment

What a busy life Charlie is living suddenly :/ His mum behind the door, Ted in his bed and a nephew in a need of rescuing and then there´s Scott. Poor Charlie!

Link to comment
On 03/16/2014 06:23 AM, Suvitar said:
What a busy life Charlie is living suddenly :/ His mum behind the door, Ted in his bed and a nephew in a need of rescuing and then there´s Scott. Poor Charlie!
Show me someone whose life runs smooth, and I'll show you a poorly written television show. No one's life is ever without bumps. Just sometimes they all seem to come all at once.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..