Jump to content

Coin in the Fountain 2. Summer Premium Anthology Premium

   (1 review)

Dan finds out that there is more to some things in this world than meets the eye. Sometimes magic lays just below the surface and all it takes is a moment of incaution to turn his entire life upside down. Disney got it so wrong!

Copyright © 2013 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0


You must purchase Premium Content to access premium stories.

Recommended Comments

User Feedback


Timothy M.

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members
You should not expect a HEA when reading this fairy tale. Comicfan rips away the sugary, Disneyfied glamour of magic and love, and we’re faced with the much darker and primeval version of the Old World fairy tales. Here, selfish fools pay the price, and the cautious may escape danger by heeding the warnings of the old crone. Never look back – don’t eat and drink with the fey – avoid the easy shortcuts – don’t mess with magic – beware the butterfly effect. 
 
The story revolves around the ancient concept of wishing wells and the risk of making the wrong wish. One family member in each of three generations faces the severe and permanent consequences of their choice. Did I feel sorry for them? No, I shook my head in sadness, but the logic was inescapable. Originally, fairy tales were told as warnings and moral guidelines, and this story follows the proud tradition - cleverly brought into a modern setting by the author.
 
He makes us ask difficult questions like: Would I be able to resist the temptation? Would I believe in old wives’ tales? Would I try to circumvent the conditions of the wishing well? Would I do the right thing, when my wish went awry? I wonder what your answers will be.
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..