Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 1,865 Words
  • 4,213 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Life of Seeon - 5. Chapter 5 - Blessings and Family Visits

It is the day of Seeon's Wedding. There is a Blessing of the couple in the early morning. What will Seeon think when he finally meets his groom to be and has to spend some time with the Waza family females?

Chapter 5 – Blessings and Family Visits

Morning woke him as the sun light reached through the window and roused his tired brain. He knew there would be much to be done today so he began by taking his traditional bath. He poured the last of the special bath oil Batea had given him into the water and then soaked in the oversized tub. He washed his hair and then dried himself. As he entered his bedroom to dress, Batea knocked on his door and entered.

“Oh good, you are up.” She did not bother to comment on his nakedness. “We need more light in here,” she said as she flung open the draperies.

“Yes, Batea.”

“You should bathe before we dress you in the blessing outfit.” Batea paused before the mirror to adjust her pale violet dress. Again the Crear was embroidered throughout the pattern on the dress and went right onto collar as well.

“I just finished.”

Batea walked over and helped lay out the pale yellow blessing outfit. It came with a heavy veil that would hide Seeon’s face but was fastened so all that would be seen was his eyes. Batea opened Seeon’s jewelry box. She removed the wedding crown and placed it on the bed and then began to dig through the rest of the items. She pulled out two large rings, a thick bracelet, a set of pale blue hair combs, and the single chain of the blessing.

Seeon slipped into the simple blessing dress. It was the only outfit he had that was unadorned. Batea slid the large bracelet onto his arm. She then arranged his hair in simple design and slid in the hair combs. The rings were slid onto his thumbs and then she paused to look at Seeon.

“You look very good like this Seeon.” Betea stood back and noticed for the first time what he really looked like. “Now I just have to arrange the chain on your hips. I hope someone explained to your husband to be what is expected.”

Seeon only stood there meekly. He felt lethargic and couldn’t understand why. He had felt more alert and nervous before he had taken his bath.

Batea arranged the chain on his hips and then placed the veil over his face. Over Priest Deda arrived a moment later and the three followed their guide to the main hall. The Queen stood with royal family at the front. There were nearly five hundred in attendance.

“Ladies and Gentleman, this is the blessing of Seeon Ma’ Nee and His Royal Highness Mikanos. Stand and show respect as this begins to build a peace between our two lands,” announced Queen Nixa.

The ceremony was long and included many people coming to agree to protect the married couple. Prince Pelo stated he would watch over his brother and new brother-in-law. Princess Oma stated the empire welcomed such a jewel to their world. Then the Royal Consort Henni Marko-Waza spoke stating that Seeon would be brought in to the empire as one of them and be forever protected. Deda stated the blessings after each statement following the rules of the ceremony. Eventually Prince Mikanos stepped forward and Seeon caught his breath.

Mikanos stood in a dark green suit. His eyes were a darker shade of green then his sister’s. He had dark blonde curls that fell to the collar of his suit. Seeon could see the small scar on his left cheek and the dark tanned skin of his hands that kept pushing a stray lock of hair behind his ear. Seeon was captivated by the simple grace and power when he walked forward to finish the blessing ceremony.

Mikanos stopped before Seeon. He seemed anxious and Seeon realized that even now his husband would be unable to see him due to the heavy veil. He could see out but no one could see in.

“I take this Ma’ Nee for my own. To protect, to love, to own,” came his deep baritone as he repeated the agreement statement so the wedding could take place. He reached and grasped the chain and Seeon looked down as the darkly tanned fingers gripped the slender chain at his waist. The fingers curled tightly around the chain and then he felt the tug that was supposed to come. He took a step and the priest laid his hand on the chain.

“I bless this coming union. Till the wedding and then forever more she is bound to you as this chain is now bound around her waist. When you take your Ma’ Nee at the wedding you will make her yours forever more.”

There was clapping as the chain glowed. Seeon now knew he was accepted and felt his heart soar. He was taken with the figure Mikanos cut. The Prince released the chain and turned to leave with the males of his family. The women gathered around Seeon and Batea and they were ushered back to their suite.

“I thought he was going to pass out,” giggled Tsal.

“Girls, you two grow worse as you get older. I figured when you had children you would stop,” said Queen Nixa as she looked at Tsal and then Oma.

“You know how rare it is for Mika to look nervous.”

The women laughed and drinks of fruit sweetened water were brought in for the women to drink. They kidded with Seeon about how calm he seemed and commented on the beautiful violet dress Batea wore to the Blessing.

Seeon however kept waiting for the First Wife of Mikanos to show herself. However there was no mention of her by any of the women. His anxiety continued to grow as he nervously picked at the dress he was wearing.

The women continued to talk and share stories but eventually Seeon noticed how late it was getting. He knew soon he would have to climb into his wedding dress. Oma was the first to notice how Seeon looked uncomfortable as he turned to Batea. Even the Queen noticed when he went to speak and stopped before uttering a sound.

“Is there a problem?” Demanded Batea as she realized the others were all watching Seeon.

“I am not sure how to ask.”

“Just speak, Seeon. You will soon be one of my son-in-laws,” said the Queen with a smile.

“Yes, in this family you learn to speak up or you never get heard.” Tsal joked looking pointedly at Oma as she raised her eyebrow.

“Thanks a lot, Tsal.”

“Must I wear the Majana?” blurted out Seeon as he blushed. His eyes immediately went to the floor, unable to meet the gazes of the women in the room.

“What is that?” Oma asked.

Batea looked at the other women in the room. They all looked confused.

“It is the bud of purity. To ensure that the bride was not soiled at the last moment until she is taken by her husband.”

The three women again looked at each other. It was clear to Batea they had no idea what the Majana bud was.

“Every royal bride must wear it, Seeon.”

“Where?” Seeon asked as his voice raised an octave in fear.

“Oh,” said Batea laughing.

“Okay, would one of you like to explain this to me?” asked Oma.

Batea led Oma, Tsal, and the Queen into Seeon’s room. She removed the crystal Majana bud from the jewelry box.

“That is very pretty. Is it worn in the hair?” queried Tsal.

“No. It is worn much lower,” blushed Batea as she realized they really had no clue as to what it did. Oma took it for a moment and looked it over. She noticed the small feelers that flowed off the end of the crystal. It took her a moment to figure out what they could be for. She blushed when she realized what it would be used for, but was also amazed at its beauty and ingenuity.

“Oh, I understand. Wow! That would be interesting and it works off the biochemistry of the wearer.” Oma said as she fingered the fine filaments coming off the crystal. “However, wouldn’t the bride have to wear that for a while for it to work?”

“A minimum of four hours.”

“I see.” Oma turned and tried to explain to her family. “Basically, it literally slides into the body and chemically will absorb all the traces of foreign material in the body. It doesn’t matter how long ago you had any type of relation it will show. If none is found the crystals will glow white. If you have had sex it will glow but I am not sure what color.”

“Red.” Batea stood looking at them as they came to terms with what this meant.

“And he is to wear this?” Queen Nixa asked in surprise.

“All brides do.”

The three women turned and looked at Seeon who seemed to want to vanish. His shoulders slumped and his face turned darker shades of red while his hands nervously picked at the blessing dress. The women looked at the thick end of the bud that was made to enter the body.

“Well it won’t fit up front,” said Tsal laughing.

“It can be made to fit,” stated Batea simply as she shrugged her shoulders.

The women looked horrified as what she said hit home. The simple width of it would do permanent damage to Seeon if it was put where Batea stated.

“She is Ma’ Nee.”

“I think I can solve the problem,” Oma said quietly.

Batea noticed the time and realized if they didn’t start getting Seeon dressed immediately they would be late for the wedding. She had to get Seeon ready and then change into her own dress.

“Strip,” commanded Batea as she headed toward the bed where the wedding dress had been laid out. “It is time to dress you for the wedding.”

Seeon blushed but instantly moved to comply. He slid the veil off his head and began to slip the blessing dress off.

Queen Nixa turned away as she realized Seeon was attempting to follow Batea’s commands instantly.

“Seeon, you could wait till we leave,” Queen Nixa said gently.

Batea paused to look at the Queen in surprise.

“She is Ma’ Nee. I thought you were here to help dress her for the wedding. She has no time to be modest.”

Queen Nixa turned and looked at Batea.

“You really do consider him to be female.”

“She is Ma’ Nee,” shrugged Batea as if it explained everything.

“Mom, go wait in the other room. We will help Seeon dress and place his … um Majana bud.”

The Queen shook her head and moved back out to the sitting area with Tsal, closing the door behind her.

Seeon removed the veil and blessing dress. He carefully removed the jewelry but the blessing chain had melted closed by the blessing and would only release again when his husband held it again after his wedding dress was removed this evening. A quiet talk happened between Oma and Batea about the Majana bud and its placement, but Oma ultimately won her position. The bud was placed as she directed.

So next up is the Wedding. The Majana Bud is in, the dress is on, and Seeon is hours from being wed. What could possibly go wrong? If you are enjoying the story feel free to click like. Comments are always welcome.
Copyright © 2016 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the bud went where we all think it should go.

I really want Batea and everyone else to leave so Seeon's healing can start and I think there's going to be some drama during the wedding.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/04/2011 10:28 AM, Rebelghost85 said:
Thanks for the update. Hopefully the bud went where we all think it should go.

I really want Batea and everyone else to leave so Seeon's healing can start and I think there's going to be some drama during the wedding.

Well the wedding is next week. Anyone who has read my stories knows my characters are usually put through some sort of problem. This is the first part of a three part story. If people decide they want more then I will get busy with the next section.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Nice chapter. I really like the waza family, but I'm not all that into Batea, I can't for her and the priest to leave so that Seeon can start healing. I think he'll have a better life and more freedom in the waza family than he did back home. Hopefully. Meanwhile, I can't wait for the wedding so the groom can finally see the face of his bride. May I ask, when will the next chapter be posted?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/05/2011 12:16 AM, bookjunky18 said:
Nice chapter. I really like the waza family, but I'm not all that into Batea, I can't for her and the priest to leave so that Seeon can start healing. I think he'll have a better life and more freedom in the waza family than he did back home. Hopefully. Meanwhile, I can't wait for the wedding so the groom can finally see the face of his bride. May I ask, when will the next chapter be posted?
bookjunky, I always publish Seeon every Saturday. I'm glad you are enjoying Seeon. The wedding is next.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, the groom maybe in for a surprise in more than one way.  I have to wonder how Seeon will handle being so free in this society when he figures it out...

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I guess Mika was convinced his promised spouse was a willing participant. I can't wait till Batea and the priest departs, so Seeon can be free of their suppressive influence. The women of his new family are nice even though they are self-centered and brash.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/24/2017 at 5:13 PM, Timothy M. said:

I guess Mika was convinced his promised spouse was a willing participant. I can't wait till Batea and the priest departs, so Seeon can be free of their suppressive influence. The women of his new family are nice even though they are self-centered and brash.

I don't think they are so much self-centered as they are dealing with a society they can't fully understand. They are also members of the ruling family. They don't approach things like other people.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..