Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 1,113 Words
  • 3,985 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Life of Seeon - 7. Chapter 7 - A Reception to Remember

After the wedding comes a celebration. Seeon has something important to tell Mika. How will his new husband take the surprise?

Chapter 7 – A Reception to Remember

They were led down a long hall to the banquet hall and up to the main table which was on another raised dais. The two barely had sat down when everyone erupted into the room after them. The tables quickly swelled with hundreds of people. Seeon was nervous to be surrounded by so many. Most of his life had been spent by himself or at most with two or three people in a room with him. Now he was surrounded by hundreds of people.

“Be calm, Seeon. We only have to get through dinner and then we will be alone.”

“Yes, my husband.”

“Call me Mika, everyone does,” Mika said with a smile as he reached over and gave Seeon’s hand a squeeze.

Seeon tried to relax, but the noise and strangeness of this place set him on edge. There were toasts made by Over Priest Deda, Batea, Queen Nixa, and many others to the wedding couple. When drinks were served Seeon ignored them. Eventually the wedding feast was brought forth and again Seeon took nothing.

“Aren’t you hungry? I’ve been a nervous wreck but now it is all over Seeon. After this we will be alone and can talk. Eat.”

Seeon leaned over to Mika and gently leaned against him so he would not he overheard.

“I can’t eat or drink. I wear the Majana bud.”

“You what?” Mika looked at him with confusion.

“The Majana bud was put in while I dressed. I can’t remove it, only you can. The same with the wedding dress once it is put on, only you may remove it from me. I cannot eat until afterwards.”

Mika looked livid and Seeon recoiled from him. Mika stood and made his way over to his sister, Oma. The two talked animatedly. Eventually, Mika walked stiffly back to where Seeon sat. Seeon picked at the edges of the embroidery and refused to look at Mika as he sat down beside him.

“I’m sorry, Seeon. I didn’t know all the … aspects of what you must endure for the wedding. There were … were things I didn’t know about until now. I will see if we can leave earlier.”

“That is not necessary,” whispered Seeon.

“It is not fair for everyone to enjoy the food, drinks and dancing while you unable to. No, we will leave early. I just need to speak to my mother.”

Seeon watched as Mika walked quickly to the Queen. They had a quiet talk for a moment and Seeon could see the Queen nodding. A few moments later Mika was back at his side.

“Did you even have breakfast today?”

“No. I didn’t know if I would have to wear the Majana so I haven’t eaten or had anything to drink all day so far.”

“That is it. We are required by tradition to have a single dance. I’ve told my moth … Queen Nixa what is happening. She is going to have the proper music played now. Trust me, Seeon. We will dance, be placed onto the traditional carry sleds and be taken to our honeymoon suite. I’ve already arranged with Oma to have food and drink sent directly there so you may eat.”

“Thank you, Mika. It was not necessary. I am Ma’ Nee and I will survive.”

“Yeah, we have some talking to do when we are alone.”

The Queen stood and silence suddenly filled the hall.

“Thank you for coming for you're our friends, family, and countrymen. Today my youngest has taken a mate. To celebrate they dance their first dance of many together and then will be off to begin their honeymoon. Please join me in welcoming, Seeon and Mikanos to a life of love together.”

The hall again erupted into applause, with some people stomping their feet, other whistling, and some just calling out well wishes as Mika led Seeon onto the floor. Once they were in place music played and Seeon found himself moving where Mika led him, safe and secure in front of so many people. The dance seemed to be over quickly and then two round discs were brought in and placed on the floor before them.

“This is a bit scary but no one will let you be hurt, Seeon.” Mika smiled and gently held his new husband as he tried to explain the custom. The fact was that space travel was known to the Tolerans for much longer than was originally thought by Seeon’s people. They had been traveling within their own solar system for the last forty years. The hope that one was found mentally fit and physically able to join what was now a full blown space station had been the hope of many. As children they often ran around with discs pretending to fly.

The technology had reached the point that at certain events, such as a wedding, the couples would sit on floating discs. It was their hope, that if not them, then their children would be found fit to travel into space. Only married couples were ever allowed to go into space. Now it had become the custom of the nation to have the married couple carried on silver discs to their honeymoon door.

“Just sit and you will float on the disc to our suite. Then before the eight honor guards I must carry you into our suite and finally we will be alone. I promise.”

Seeon nodded, but he had a hard time finding a way to sit in the dress on the disc. Once he was seated, eight large men stepped forward and four each moved to the two discs. While Mika was roughly bounced causing him to laugh and joke as they directed the disc, Seeon found the men who controlled his kept it steady and moved carefully. Seeon was lost as the men moved down one hallway, up another, twisting and turning till finally they arrived at a door and set Mika’s disc on the floor. Seeon’s was soon gently set down as well. Mika stepped forward and opened the door. As he made his way back to Seeon the men took positions on either side of the door.

“Sorry about this,” Mika said as he pulled Seeon into his arms and carried him across the threshold of their room.

“To a night of passion and a life forever together,” shouted the men as they picked up the discs and hurried back to the party.

So next up is the wedding night. Would I do anything to Seeon on such a special night? If you are enjoying the story feel free to click like. Any comments or questions feel free to write me either here or on the discussion page for the story.
Copyright © 2016 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I get the feeling that Seeon is going to need more than one reminder that his life is going to change once his sister-in-law and former priest are gone. Hopefully he takes it well.

Thanks for posting!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/18/2011 03:58 PM, Rebelghost85 said:
I get the feeling that Seeon is going to need more than one reminder that his life is going to change once his sister-in-law and former priest are gone. Hopefully he takes it well.

Thanks for posting!

Time will tell. We are close to the end of book one. Means so many are enjoying I am already rushing to get Book 2 done. Glad you like Seeon Rebelghost85.
  • Like 2
Link to comment

I can't believe how short this chapter was. like i want more!!!! it's sooo good. i dont like the idea of the bud....but w.e i'm worried on how it's removed....but whatever works i guess. to cultures coming together is kinda hard. at least he wasn't casterated. :S So excited for them to talk!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/18/2011 08:39 PM, Mark M said:
I can't believe how short this chapter was. like i want more!!!! it's sooo good. i dont like the idea of the bud....but w.e i'm worried on how it's removed....but whatever works i guess. to cultures coming together is kinda hard. at least he wasn't casterated. :S So excited for them to talk!
Well their first night together is something you will have in your hands next Saturday. As for how short the chapter is, well, originally Seeon was written as one long story. I had to have help breaking it down to manageable chapters. This is the shortest but to break it anywhere in the next section would have caused a problem. Thanks for the read and comment, Mark.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/07/2015 02:02 PM, Celethiel said:
I like your story, and would love to see More, if you wish to continue :)
Chapter 9 is done with the beta and on to the editor.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, I have a feeling that this conversation is going to be a doozy...  I have to wonder how much change he can handle before he goes into a mental overload...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 4/4/2017 at 11:28 PM, centexhairysub said:

Well, I have a feeling that this conversation is going to be a doozy...  I have to wonder how much change he can handle before he goes into a mental overload...

Mika is finally going to get to know Seeon. Face it, the two are about to start a life together and know nothing about each other or the cultures they are from.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..