Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 1,862 Words
  • 4,040 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Life of Seeon - 6. Chapter 6 - A Marriage of Cultures

So we finally have reached the wedding. What sort of ceremony will these two cultures have? Are there any more surprises held for the wedding couple? What will this mean to Seeon's future? Read on.

Chapter 6 – A Marriage of Cultures

Oma and Batea helped Seeon into his wedding dress. The many layers were carefully tied together with the single cord as tradition dictated. When it was done the beautiful blue wedding dress fit him perfectly. Batea gathered the crown and carefully wove Seeon’s hair through it to secure it in place. The various necklaces were layered over the dress and the combs were replaced strategically in Seeon’s hair to help hold the crown in place. When Batea and Oma were done Seeon looked stunning. The three of them entered the outer room where Tsal and Queen Nixa waited.

“I must change, now. Please forgive me. I will be right with you,” stated Batea as she raced into her part of the suite.

Queen Nixa smiled and walked up to Seeon and gently hugged him.

“My dear boy your outfit is … unusual but you do look stunning. Tsal, would you please pass me the gift.”

Tsal carefully slid off the chair she had been on and carried over a small box that had been laid on the table by her side.

Queen Nixa took the box and handed it to Seeon.

“I am most humbled, but I have nothing to give you.”

“Shh. This is not the act of a Queen but that of a mother. I give you this pin. Wear it proudly for you are now to be my son.”

Seeon opened the box and found a pin inside. It was of two trees that grew into one. Both trees had a single fruit on it, one was an emerald and the other the other was a sapphire. The pin was large and masculine looking and Seeon carefully placed it on the outer most layer of his dress.

“I am greatly honored.” Seeon ran his fingers over the pin, focusing on it to calm his nerves.

Queen Nixa smiled.

“Mom, we have to go. You need to be in place before Seeon arrives.” Oma stood shaking her head as her mother gave Seeon another quick hug.

“You are right. While this may be Seeon’s wedding it is also an official state event and I have guests to attend to. I will see you after the wedding, tonight. Welcome to my family, Seeon.”

She shot Oma a look before she leaned in and kissed Seeon’s cheek. He blushed. Tsal waved to him and began to carefully walk toward the door. Once they had left Oma smiled and turned her attention back to Seeon.

Oma walked over to the table near the door and opened a box that had been left there. She came to his side and handed him three huge flowers. He looked at her bewildered.

“Well, it is tradition here. As you go down the aisle various people will hand you flowers. Take them from each person who offers. The last to hand you a flower will be Mika but his will be the heart flower. When you have taken them all, you are to put them in low alcove on the altar. For us, where flowers are grown for joy, they are symbols of love and bounty. When you place them in the alcove it symbolizes that you are willing to gather happiness from many and keep that happiness near you so all can be a part of it.”

Seeon smiled as he understood the meanings behind it.

“After the wedding you will be given a heart flower to hand to Mika. On the way out people will then hand him flowers till he reaches the door and there he will place them in another alcove. This shows that both of you are willing to take the hearts of the other, love one another, and then share that love with all who come into contact with you.”

Oma kissed Seeon gently on his cheek.

“I’m happy you are becoming my brother-in-law. I had to explain to Mika last night you were not being forced into this marriage. He wouldn’t have accepted you if he thought … well if you were forced into this.”

Seeon thought back to the conversation he overheard between Mika and the Queen. Now he understood what had been going on.

The doors to Batea’s part of the suite opened just then. Out strode Batea in stunning rose dress. She turned and found Seeon almost hiding behind Oma.

“It is time, Seeon. Come.”

Seeon nodded and followed Oma and Batea out of the room and back to the large hall where the wedding would take place. Before when the room had been used for the Blessing it had been a pale white room with the seating, it had undergone a massive alteration for the wedding.

The walls of the meeting room looked like a forest now, coloring the room in browns, greens, and patches of blue. The altar now stood in the middle of the room on a large raised dais. The guests were seated in circles around the altar allowing everyone to have a good view. Standing looking at the altar, Seeon finally noticed that the room was also somewhat bowl shaped so that while the dais was in the center it was also the lowest point of the room. Seeon scanned the area and quickly found the various members of the royal family together. He looked carefully trying to find the first wife of Mikanos, but was unable to as his attention was drawn back to his own march down the wide aisle.

Batea stood at his side as they began the slow walk up to the altar. Along the way various people stood and offered him the flowers of the kingdom. Soon his arms were packed with flowers in every color and shade found in nature. Finally, he reached the altar and Mika stood and helped him up onto the dais. Then he passed Seeon a huge flower that was blood red but smelled heavenly, shaped in tiny petals that formed an odd heart shape. Once Seeon had them all he seen the low alcove that was set near the edge of the dais, and he carefully slid all the flowers into this alcove. When he did the walls immediately altered as the flowers found his bouquet appeared dappled throughout the forest picture on the walls.

Over Priest Deda said a general blessing. When he was finished, Queen Nixa made the formal announcement that this wedding would join the houses of Waza and Toleran together, as well as the nations. The various announcements and dedications of both nations took time get through and Seeon soon grew weary listening to them. Eventually the formal parts were over and Over Priest Deda began the actual ceremony.

“By all the Gods, we are here to see the joining of Mikanos Waza and Seeon Ma’ Nee. These souls are to be united as one. For the good of both they join hand in hand, heart to heart, life to life. From this moment forward, they will be the protectors, lovers, and friend of the other first forever more. May the children of Mikanos always know the love of his Ma’ Nee.”

So ended the Toleran part of the ceremony. Batea had informed Seeon that a member of the Horeun Empire would be conducting the conclusion of the wedding. It had irritated the Over Priest that he should have to share the power of this union with anyone.

Deda knew that part of the ceremony would be done by a Horeun Priest but wasn’t sure who that would be or exactly what would happen. He hadn’t had the chance to talk to Seeon, so there was no way he would know what was happening. Suddenly the door opened and a figure entered. Deda was unsure what to call the figure that strode toward the dais. It was wrapped in the cloak of Four Gods and moved with an unnatural grace. Deda had seen this cloak before and knew that no mere mortal could wear it without bursting into flames. However this being seemed to wear the cloak with immunity. What bothered Deda the most was the fact the cloak covered every inch of the figure and he couldn’t begin to fathom who was under it.

“There is but one more part of your ceremony.“ The oddly dressed figure addressed the dais as it strode down toward the wedding party. Its voice was neither male nor female, but it felt warm and comforting. Seeon noted that it stood at a height somewhere between what one expect of either sex, neither very tall nor very short. However, Seeon’s attention was taken from the odd figure when the Over Priest growled. Over Priest Deda stared as the figure came to the dais and bowed to the marriage couple.

“Who are you?” hissed Deda.

The hood of the cloak kept the figure’s face hidden but the voice that echoed across the room could be heard by the oldest in the room in the highest seat.

“I am who I am,” said the figure ignoring Deda and turning again to the wedding couple. “I come to offer this as the final part of your marriage vows. Do you Seeon Toleran Ma’ Nee promise to be all that you can for yourself and Mikanos Anwa Waza?”

Seeon didn’t know there was something like this coming. The question surprised him and he paused before answering as he thought of all the things he would like to do for Mika.

“Yes. I will be all that I can.”

“Do you Mikanos Anwa Waza promise to protect and nurture Seeon Toleran Ma’ Nee as you would anyone who comes to you in need?”

“Always.”

“Do you both promise to live your lives as one, forgiving the mistakes of the other, forging ahead, and being considerate of all the needs and wants of the other?”

Seeon turned to look at the man who was now to be his husband. He looked into the dark green eyes and was lost in the beauty he found there. Mika seemed to be as lost looking into his as well.

Two voices blended as one in the answer of, “I do.”

The figure raised its arms over both of them.

“I present to you Seeon and Mikanos Waza. Long may they love.”

The wedding room erupted into applause, and Seeon found himself seeking shelter in Mika’s arms.

Mika reached down and lifted Seeon’s head for the traditional wedding kiss, before he helped him off the dais. Seeon was handed a heart flower by Oma, which he then passed to Mika as they made their way down the aisle again. People passed Mika flowers and just before they left the room he placed the huge bouquet in a small alcove by the door. The walls again changed and now the woods seemed to be alive with thousands of flowers.

Well the wedding finally took place. All that is left now is the reception. How will that go? If you are enjoying the story feel free to click like. Comments and questions are always welcome.
Copyright © 2016 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The queen said son and Oma said brother-in-law so hopefully this is a sign that Seeon can be normal again. It is also nice to see that there wasn't much drama during the wedding though I was kinda looking forward to some.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Interesting story so far - I look forward to more! Not sure how I would have handled Seeon's situation. I'd have probably gone insane by this point!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/11/2011 03:49 PM, Ramon said:
The queen said son and Oma said brother-in-law so hopefully this is a sign that Seeon can be normal again. It is also nice to see that there wasn't much drama during the wedding though I was kinda looking forward to some.
Well there is enough going on for Seeon. There have been enough people asking that I am now writing the second part. This was originally just written because of the prompt but now it seems to have a life all its own.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/11/2011 06:09 PM, dkstories said:
Interesting story so far - I look forward to more! Not sure how I would have handled Seeon's situation. I'd have probably gone insane by this point!
Thank you DK. Well, it turns out that his isolation is going to eventually prove to be an asset to his future. I always seem to have a few tricks up my sleeve.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Nice chapter. I thought the giving of flowers and what they represented was genius and that the wedding was beautiful. I'm dying to know more about Mika though, so I hope Saturday come fast. specool.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I liked the hint that Seeon will be expected to use his gifts to their fullest extent.

Thanks for updating. And as you can hopefully see, there is a lot of interest in keeping the story going.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/12/2011 12:30 AM, bookjunky18 said:
Nice chapter. I thought the giving of flowers and what they represented was genius and that the wedding was beautiful. I'm dying to know more about Mika though, so I hope Saturday come fast. specool.gif
I'm glad you are enjoying it. You get a nice dose of Mika next chapter as we start the reception. Naturally due to Mika and Seeon both being royalty, it is more an affair of state then a chance for the two men to enjoy but you'll see. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/12/2011 12:37 AM, Rebelghost85 said:
I liked the hint that Seeon will be expected to use his gifts to their fullest extent.

Thanks for updating. And as you can hopefully see, there is a lot of interest in keeping the story going.

Oh I have plans for Seeon and Mika. Wait till you hear where the second of arc of the story is going. LOL. I'm such a tease.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/12/2011 04:00 AM, Marie Guilloux said:
i love story and i can't wait for the next chapter
Marie I am glad you are enjoying it. I like being able to make people happy with what they have.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

How intriguing the mixing of cultures in the wedding and earlier events! I love the description of the walls changing when the flowers are put in the alcoves, and the ritual of both parties collecting flowers from other people but capped off with the heart flower from their mate made me want to see the film version of this story. I'm so glad you are continuing the story because it really does have a life of its own now. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

 

PS: I can't wait to see how long before Seeon realizes that there is no First Wife!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/12/2011 01:23 PM, hillj69 said:
How intriguing the mixing of cultures in the wedding and earlier events! I love the description of the walls changing when the flowers are put in the alcoves, and the ritual of both parties collecting flowers from other people but capped off with the heart flower from their mate made me want to see the film version of this story. I'm so glad you are continuing the story because it really does have a life of its own now. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

 

PS: I can't wait to see how long before Seeon realizes that there is no First Wife!

I'm glad people are finding and enjoying Seeon. For a story that grew out of a prompt it seems to be taking on a life all its own. Seems my beta readers were right. I should learn to trust them more. Seeon will end up with a second book continuing on.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, centexhairysub said:

The over priest Deda is very annoying; maybe someone should drop him from a tall building...

I've had suggestions of a house before.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/24/2017 at 5:20 PM, Timothy M. said:

I liked the marriage ceremony and the vows. They are good omens for their future.

Thank you. This is one of my favorite parts in any story I've written.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..