Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 4,780 Words
  • 3,800 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Life of Seeon - 4. Chapter 4 - The Waza Family

Seeon finally gets to see and meet the Waza Family which will soon be his own. He spends time with Oma and Tsal Waza, the women that will be his sister-in-laws. Just what are these women like? Will they be friend or foe to Seeon.

Chapter 4 – The Waza Family

Seeon stood and could only stare at the woman before him. She was thin and the outfit she wore clearly showed she was in shape as it clung to her curves. Her hair was fairly short and brown. Her dark brown eyes seemed to take in everything. There were the beginnings of wrinkles near her eyes but from just looking at her, Seeon had no idea of her age. Comparing her to other women he knew did not help. Even Batea, being much younger, did not look as fit as Queen Waza.

“The Ma’ Nee will not talk to anyone until the ceremony.”

The Queen looked surprised. She glanced at Deda and Batea and then nodded.

“So be it,” Queen Nixa said with a small smile. “However my doctor will want to examine Seeon before the wedding.”

“Naturally. We will be expecting him.”

Queen Waza smile widened, while her voice became soft and seductive.

“My daughter, Dr. Oma Waza-Parta will be in to check out Seeon this afternoon. The wedding is to be preformed tomorrow afternoon. There will be a feast tonight to celebrate the coming nuptials.”

Over Priest Deda looked horrified. Batea seemed stunned as she stared open mouthed at Queen Waza. Seeon did all he could to keep from laughing. He liked the fact that things here could be so different. Perhaps he would not have to spend all his time washing, cleaning, and taking care of the children his husband would have from his first wife. Perhaps he would not be locked away from everyone and ignored.

Queen Waza brought forth two men who were dressed in similar outfits to her own. The dark black material clung to the body and unlike the clothing of the Tolerans, they fit the body like a second skin. The shorter one reached out and took the two cases that belonged to Seeon. The taller man gathered three of Batea’s six trunks and led the way to their rooms.

Deda was shown to his own room across the hall from Batea and Seeon’s suite. Batea was intrigued at the vast difference here than at her old home or Semon’s palace. The rooms were bright and open. There were many gardens seen from the windows that everyone seemed to be able to go into, not only the royal family. Everywhere she looked women wore the tight outfits that hugged the legs and bust. There were no loose fitting dresses or ornate hairstyles such as she wore. Disgusted that her hairstyle wouldn’t immediately mark her as the wife of Semon, she wondered what she could do to provide everyone with a copy of the expected hairstyles of royalty, and allow them to realize her place was defined by them. Eventually she turned to look for Seeon.

Seeon sat sweating in the robe with the hood on in the corner of the room. He had been unable to take a drink since he had been commanded to keep the robe on until told otherwise.

“Oh little sister, I forgot. Take off your robe. You must be warm,” Batea commented as she rushed over to Seeon’s side.

Seeon gratefully removed the heavy garment. His elaborate hairstyle lay limp and lifeless after being trapped in the hood for the last hour or so. Batea sat beside him and helped to slip the heavy robe off. She poured him a cold glass of water from the pitcher beside her and then turned to face Seeon.

“What do you think of them?” Batea passed him the glass and watched as he gulped the glass down.

“They are to be my new family.”

“Yes, but you must always remember you are Semon’s.”

Seeon thought about that for a moment. When Batea married Semon, she became his and worried about his family and the one they had together. His mother had done the same and loved his father until her death when he was five. Now that he was to have a husband, he was being asked not to embrace his husband and the family, but to remain Semon’s little sister. That was not right. The mere thought of it caused Seeon to shake.

“Perhaps it is time for you to rest and take your meal.”

Batea stood and began to cross to her room.

“We are to go to a feast tonight,” Seeon reminded Batea, causing her to pause.

“I do not think you are supposed to go. You are not to see your husband to be or be exposed to others until the wedding.”

Seeon knew the rules of Ma’ Nee as they applied in his land but here everything was so different. Here Queen Waza’s daughter was supposedly a doctor. That could never be in his homeland. He had no sooner thought of the Queen’s daughter when there was a knock on the door.

“Come in,” Batea called as she checked to make sure she was presentable.

In walked a stunning young woman. She had the same regal bearing as the Queen. Her hair was longer but also brown. She wore it in a simple clip that had her hair hanging down in one long brown river of hair. However what caught Seeon’s attention were her eyes, they were a deep green.

“I’m Dr. Parta. I’m simply here to check on Seeon.”

Batea paused and carefully looked the doctor over.

“That was to be expected,” said Batea with a smile.

Dr. Parta nodded and stood before Seeon.

“If you would please follow me into the other room I will try to make this as painless as possible.”

Nervously Seeon followed. His hands were sweating and he kept bouncing back and forth waiting to see what Dr. Parta would do. He expected to be stripped and inspected like the priest had done before he had left home. It had been scary undressing for the examination by the priest, but he feared what might happen if he was forced to stand naked before this strange woman.

She smiled as she turned. He was again captured by her eyes. Embarrassed to be caught staring his face flushed and he looked immediately at the floor.

“Relax, Seeon. No harm will come to you.” Dr. Parta was calm and methodical in how she approached the terrified Seeon. “I will simply scan you.”

He kept stealing glances as she passed her hand over his body from his feet up to his head. He kept waiting for her to ask him to strip but she never did. When she finished with the first piece of equipment she turned and placed it back in her bag.

“I just have a few quick questions and we are done. Is that okay with you?”

Seeon simply nodded. He was still dressed and the doctor had removed nothing else from her bag.

“Please sit. You look like you are waiting to be attacked.”

Seeon looked up nervous and then glanced around the room.

“It is just the two of us, Seeon. I promise.”

Seeon sat ramrod straight but still kept his eyes on the carpet. He heard Dr. Parta sigh and sit across from him.

“Part of my job is to make sure you are in good health,” said soothingly as she watched Seeon. “The scan shows you are in perfect health. Now the only other thing I have to know about is if this is being done by your choice. Do you understand?”

“I am Ma’ Nee.”

“What exactly does that mean?”

The hair slipped from Seeon’s hair clips as his head snapped up to look at Dr. Parta. How could she not know what Ma’ Nee meant?

“We know you are being offered into marriage with my brother. My brother has always preferred men so that isn’t the problem if that is what you are worried about.” Dr. Parta watched to see if this made a difference. “However, none of us have ever encountered the word Ma’ Nee before. We are just attempting to make sure this is what you want.”

Seeon didn’t know how to explain it. This was his life, the only one he knew now. He had only one thing to look forward to, finding a good husband, but even that wasn’t up to him. The only fear he had was that he might be refused as not being good enough. A failed Ma’ Nee was one who did not keep their life. To be refused was horrible for it left only one option for those who had become Ma’ Nee. If they couldn’t be taken in as a member of the warring family they would be sacrificed in hopes of ending the war. The head and heart of the Ma’ Nee would be sent to leader of the warring nation so they would know that the Ma’ Nee had been destroyed for failing to make a lasting peace. Their body was burned and put in unblessed ground so they could never be reborn and the great Gods would not take pity on them.

“This is what I want. A Ma’ Nee has only one purpose in life, being a good second wife.”

Dr. Parta looked at Seeon. She was quiet for a moment.

“Seeon, tonight may I return to see you with my brother’s wife, Tsal?”

Seeon bowed his head. He was afraid now that he had said something wrong. Now he would be meeting the wife of his husband.

“I just want her to hear what you have said. I promise to cause you no pain or problems.”

“It is your right to see and question me. You may bring my future sister.”

Dr. Parta looked at Seeon and cocked her head seeing the expression on his face.

“Is there something you wish to know, Seeon?”

Seeon looked at his feet, his hands clenched tightly together.

“Feel free to ask. I won’t be upset.”

“Is Tsal my future husband’s first wife?”

Dr. Parta laughed till she caught the look on Seeon’s face.

“I’m sorry. I was just trying to picture Mika married to Tsal. Tsal is married to my brother Pelo. Mikanos is my youngest brother and your future husband.”

Tension drained from Seeon for a moment. He let a small smile come to his face, but quickly looked back at the floor afraid he might insult the doctor.

Dr. Parta smiled. She reached out and took his hands in her own.

“You should smile. You are very handsome.”

Seeon looked up surprised to hear a compliment. No one had ever said he was handsome.

Dr. Parta stood and maneuvered him before a large mirror. Her dark brown hair and green eyes looked exotic to him. She stood just slightly taller than him. His dark black hair had traces of red through it. His brown eyes seemed unremarkable, but even he could see how pale his skin was and that it was all unblemished. He knew just how hairless his body was.

“If you haven’t heard it before, I want you to know you are a very handsome man. My brother will be very lucky.”

She smiled and patted his shoulder before going to gather her equipment.

“I’ll see you later this evening.”

Dr. Parta stopped to talk to Batea and then was gone.

“Did she inspect every inch of you?” Batea asked, curious as to what the doctors might be like here.

“No. She ran a machine over me from head to toe and that was really all.”

Seeon felt scared to mention how she questioned if this is what he wanted.

“We should rest.”

Seeon simply nodded and went into the room he was given. He slid across the edge of the bed and fell into a deep sleep. He was awoken when Deda banged on the door.

“Ma’ Nee awake. We need to speak.”

Seeon found his hair had slipped out of all the hair combs and clips while he slept. He pushed the hair hastily out of his face and went to open the door.

“Over Priest Deda,” said Seeon as he bowed.

“Did they inspect you?”

“Yes the doctor examined me.”

Deda was silent but reached out his hand to touch the side of Seeon’s head. Seeon felt as if someone were trying to force him to relieve Dr. Parta’s visit. Seeon felt like someone was pushing their way in, however he had so little that he could call his own, but his mind was one of the few things he had that was his. Now it was like something inside his mind refused to entry to this force, he would not allow someone to go through his memories. For a moment an image of Yasmeen came to mind. It was then that he felt something inside of him rebel and suddenly Deda stepped back. His eyes were wide and his nose flared as he looked at Seeon.

“How dare you!” Deda spit the words at Seeon. “How did you even learn to do that?”

Seeon flinched at the anger in the Over Priest’s words. He had no idea what he was talking about.

“Is something wrong?” asked Batea from the doorway.

Deda turned to look at Batea and Seeon could see the hatred etched into the priest’s face.

Just then there was a knock at the door of the suite. Batea moved hurriedly to the suite door.

“I’m Oli Parta. I’m here to escort you all to dinner.”

Seeon was happy to hear that they were to be taken from the room. He was scared to be left alone with Over Priest Deda.

“We will be right there,” called Deda from the bedroom. He turned and looked at Seeon. “You and I will speak before your marriage.”

Seeon shook in fear. His hands quivered and he moved on trembling legs to the mirror. He did his best to repair the damage his sleep had done to his hair. He pulled off the embroidered jacket and dress. He slipped into the deep red dress he had. For his country it was the color of joy. He had embroidered the dress with the symbols of peace and comfort. It made his pale skin look like it had some color. Happily he headed out to join Deda and Batea, content to know he would not be left alone with Deda. Batea was dressed in a golden silk dress while Deda had worn the simple outfit of the lower priest. Seeon rushed forward, but Deda stopped him.

“You may not see your husband until your wedding day. You will eat here, alone.”

Seeon flushed. He was hungry and had hoped to finally be able to see people, maybe even a glance at the man who would be his husband. Crestfallen, Seeon watched as Deda turned and nearly slammed into Oli.

“Oh, sorry, but I thought you were all going. I was hoping to get to know my brother-in-law before the wedding. Oh well, I’ll make sure a meal is sent back to you, handsome. My wife was right, you are an attractive guy.”

Seeon blushed, but caught how angry Deda looked and kept his tongue.

Batea and Deda had barely left as Seeon wandered to the huge window where he looked longingly out into the garden. Deciding he needed some fresh air, he opened the door and moved onto the balcony where he heard two people yelling at each other down below. He didn’t catch the beginning of what they were talking about, but what he had heard chilled his blood.

“… you now, Mother, I won’t marry him! The treaty be damned.”

“If that is the case I agree with you,” said Queen Nixa as she came into view on edge of the courtyard below him. “However, we now have our guests waiting for us to arrive, Mika. I do wish you wouldn’t wait till the last minute to start these arguments with me. Do me a favor, if you can’t go in there with a smile on your face, take a walk until you calm down? Join us later than for dessert and civil conversation.”

Seeon waited to see if he could catch a glimpse of Mika but all he saw was a shadow as it moved in the other direction of the Queen. He watched as she paused by the doors across from him, straightened her top and seemed to straighten her back before proceeding into the room beyond the door.

Seeon was scared. He had somehow upset Deda and now his future husband didn’t want him. What was he going to do? He curled up on the floor near the window, wrapped his arms around his knees and cried.

There was a gentle knock on the door a little later.

“Seeon? Seeon, it is Dr. Parta. I’m back and I have dinner for you. I’ve brought Tsal with me.”

Unhappily he got up and moved to open the door. He found Dr. Parta carrying a large platter and a petite young woman at her side. If Dr. Parta was tall and lanky like her mother, Tsal was the opposite completely. She was a small woman with dark blonde curls, an ample bosom, and wide hips. At the moment Tsal’s hand rested on her wide stomach.

“I’m glad you opened up,” said Tsal with a smile. “If you hadn’t, I was going to have to find someone to carry me to a seat shortly. My back is killing me, so pardon me if I just waddle past you and sit down.”

Seeon was in shock. He hadn’t really had anyone to talk to and other than when Batea or his father’s wives came to his rooms, but they had come to teach him the skills of serving food, pouring drinks, and keeping a husband happy. However the chance to just talk or be involved didn’t happen with these women. In fact, the women mostly talked to each other and ignored Seeon.

“Much better,” stated Tsal as she propped up her feet and slid a pillow behind her back.

“Well it would help if you didn’t eat everything in sight, Tsal.”

“All you do is nag! Geez, I’m pregnant. I’m supposed to get fat and I intend to enjoy it.”

“I nag so you don’t end up weighing as much as a Morrack.”

“If I get that large, well, just don’t let me get that large, Oma.”

The two women looked at each other and began to laugh.

Seeon stood staring as the women joked with each other, unsure what to make of this. He was accustomed to the women discussing hair, nails, and children but never really seeming to care about the other, never mind kidding with one another.

“You’re giving our soon to be brother-in-law the wrong impression.”

“I am not! Seeon, you understand that a woman needs comfort when she is pregnant, right?”

Seeon stood blushing. He had no idea how to answer such comments.

“Bah. Forget her. She just wants us to cater to her. We came to see you and actually see if we can understand something before my brother loses his mind. If he blows up at her one more time, I swear by the Gods, my mother is going to want to kill him.”

“Well what do you expect? He is just like your mother.”

The two women looked at each other and then broke into peals of laughter.

“Oh by the gods, if mother heard us …”

“Forget about your mother, if Mika heard us!”

The two women looked at each other and the sounds of their giggling filled the room.

Oma took a deep breath and then noticed how silent Seeon was. He stood off to one side trying to hide from them. He was the whole reason they were here, so she immediately began to pull herself together.

“Oh, I’m sorry Seeon. We are a bit silly, especially Tsal, her being pregnant and all.”

“Thanks so much, Oma. I can’t wait till you get pregnant, so I can pick on you too.”

Dr. Parta shook her head and then motioned for Seeon to sit. She wandered over to him and pointed toward the platter she had brought with her.

“I’m sorry, but we didn’t know what you might like. I had a platter made of many different foods. I hope there is something there you like.”

“If we didn’t, don’t worry. I will eat it.”

Dr. Parta laughed and sat down next to her sister-in-law.

“Eat, we can wait.”

“Thank you, Dr. Parta.”

“Call me Oma.”

Seeon moved to the chair opposite Oma and Tsal. The food didn’t look like anything he was familiar with so he took a little bit of the many foods from the platter. He knew as a Ma’ Nee, he was to take any scraps left, so they should eat first. He sat and waited, but became distressed when he noticed they hadn’t taken anything.

“Aren’t you hungry?” Tsal asked looking at Seeon.

“If you wish to eat I can wait,” he whispered realizing he had foolishly made a plate for himself. He immediately offered the plate to Tsal.

“Oh please don’t tell her that. We ate earlier and were asked to bring this to you.”

Seeon looked up. Could this really be for him? Why would they worry so about a Ma’ Nee?

“Could you explain what a Ma’ Nee is again so that Tsal can hear it?”

“Yes. Oma tried to explain it to me but I’m not sure I got it”

Oma leaned forward and Seeon immediately noticed her eyes again.

“I am Ma’ Nee. I am to marry. I will be a good second wife. I will tend the children, clean, and do whatever First wife requests of me. I can sew and know all the hair styles and required symbols of the Empire.”

“Second wife?” asked Tsal struggling to sit up.

“Yes.”

“What does that mean second wife?” Tsal now sat looking rather upset.

“If I had married your husband you would be first wife. I would be expected to take care of your children, help you clean, dress, and whatever else was desired. On nights you needed a break from your duties, our husband would then be free to use me as he sees fit.”

Oma and Tsal stared at each other. The implications of Seeon’s words were not lost on them.

“I’d kill Peto if dared to take a second anything. No wonder he was confused when the notice said the Ma’ Nee could be his second wife.”

Oma turned and looked at Seeon. Seeon sat there looking down at his plate, unwilling to face them.

“What if there was no first wife. What if there were just you?” Oma had asked quietly hoping to get him to answer.

Seeon was confused. A Ma’ Nee was always second wife. There had never been a Ma’ Nee who did not serve a wife and their husband. He frowned and shook his head.

“I do not know,” Seeon answered honestly.

“Do you like men?” Tsal began, hoping that this would end Mikanos’ worry that the boy was forced into a marriage he did not want.

“I am Ma’ Nee.”

“That isn’t an answer.” Tsal sighed as she realized that Seeon didn't know how to answer them.

“Well, do you like women?” Oma tried a different a tack.

“Batea is nice.”

“No. Who are your friends?”

Seeon looked blankly at Oma.

Oma and Tsal shared a look. Maybe it wasn’t that they were asking the wrong questions after all. The poor man seemed to have been sheltered from everything and everyone.

Oma was about to ask another question when the suite door slammed open admitting Over Priest Deda.

“What is going on?”

“We came to bring food to Seeon and to get to know him,” said Oma rising to face him head on.

Seeon slumped down in his chair. His hands began to shake so he grasped them and forced them into his lap. Tsal noticed and shot Deda a look.

“This is forbidden,” he began.

“No, it is not. I had to go carefully through the ninety seven pages of rules to be followed. If you recall it states that, ‘there will be no men to check on the Ma’ Nee. No man may question him. Only a doctor may examine him. A Ma’ Nee will only be accompanied by women till marriage.’ I doubt that I have gotten that wrong.”

“No, but …”

Oma cut him off.

“No. We are not men. I am a doctor and so is Tsal. Therefore the Ma’ Nee is only accompanied by women. We have followed your laws. However, I don’t remember reading anywhere that the Over Priest is exempt from these laws.”

Deda’s face grew red and a vein in his neck began to pulse. His dark brown eyes seemed to harden and he focused on Oma.

“Oh, I really wouldn’t if I were you. Besides being the Queen’s daughter, she is a level seven practical,” Tsal said laughing.

Seeon sat looking from Deda to the women. He was completely confused. What did a level seven mean? Why did Deda seem aghast to hear it?

“How?” he gasped.

“It is a trait in my family. We learn at a young age to protect our minds from invasion. In our part of the world one in eight people have some ability. We understand that all priests of your order are at least a level five.”

“You should not know of this.”

“I believe you are a level eight. My mother, as you have seen, is a level nine.”

“How could you know what the God Leman has gifted me?”

“Because science has found a way to measure such abilities. Does Seeon even know he has this?”

“No.”

“That would explain the chemicals I found in his blood stream. You are suppressing his abilities.”

“It will be up to his husband if that is to continue.”

Oma simply stared at Deda.

“It appears we will not have our chat, Ma’ Nee. I will see you in the morning.”

As he turned to leave, Batea arrived.

“I’m sorry to intrude on your space,” stated Oma.

Batea looked to see Tsal comfortably settled into the chair she personally had used since they came here.

“Oh, I didn’t realize I would have guests.”

“We came to bring Seeon dinner and pass some time with you both this evening.”

Batea smiled and bowed. Realizing she would have to play hostess, she immediately changed demeanor, becoming the Royal Hostess.

“We would be honored.”

The evening was spent in gentle talk. Oma and Tsal tried to include Seeon as much as they could but Batea basically ran the conversation. She compared pregnancies with Tsal telling her that she was still early in her third pregnancy while Tsal was evidently close to time. They talked of the hair styles, clothing, and even the food differences between the two empires. Eventually the time came and both women thanked their host as they made their way out.

“The Blessing will be in the morning. Then there is the traditional dressing of the bride and the wedding.” Batea smiled realizing she knew all of these ceremonies from having done them. These women would have no idea what to expect of a Toleran wedding.

Tsal nodded as she was helped to the door by Oma. Oma felt it was only fair to let Batea know just what else would occur after the blessing to meet the needs of their culture.

“Well there is also the small visitation by the Groom’s family. To abide by your laws only the women will be coming. We will do that after the blessing and at least I will stay to help dress Seeon. Naturally there is the feast afterwards, the dancing, and partying till the couple is carried to their wedding chamber.”

“I see,” said Batea. She paused as she considered what she had been told. “This will be a blending of our cultures then.”

“Yes,” said Tsal with a smile as she rubbed her stomach.

Seeon watched as Oma and Tsal left the room. There were many things he wanted to know but didn’t know where to begin.

“Go to bed, little sister. You will need your rest for tomorrow.”

Seeon wanted desperately to speak but found he was suddenly tired and headed off to bed.

So next is up is the Blessing for Seeon and Mikanos. Yes, you finally get to meet Mika, Seeon's husband to be in the next chapter. Hang on, the ride is only going to pick up pace from here on out.

If you enjoyed the story feel free to click the like button. Comments and questions are always appreciated.
Copyright © 2016 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This story piqued my interest but I was afraid of where you were going to take it. Now that we're learning more about the new culture I really want to know where you're going to take it.

Thanks for posting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/25/2011 12:28 PM, Rebelghost85 said:
This story piqued my interest but I was afraid of where you were going to take it. Now that we're learning more about the new culture I really want to know where you're going to take it.

Thanks for posting.

Well I am glad I got your interest anyway. Seeon is at the half way point. I have more if people are interested but we will see after the first part ends. Hang on more to come.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm a little confuse about Seeon's sex. Is Seeon a boy or a girl? Sometimes you say he and sometimes she and Semon's wife mention him as being his little sister.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/25/2011 02:23 PM, bookjunky18 said:
I'm a little confuse about Seeon's sex. Is Seeon a boy or a girl? Sometimes you say he and sometimes she and Semon's wife mention him as being his little sister.
Seeon is male. In his culture, once you are named Ma' Nee you are no longer seen as a male. They treat you as a woman, but you have even less of standing. So when the rest call him a woman, that is why. The Waza family do not see Seeon as a woman. His life there is going to be very different than if he had been married to someone from his own culture.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Nice chapter. I like Oma and Tsal. It is a nice break from how Deda and Batea act towards Seeon, though that might be unfair judgement towards Deda and Batea since they are acting according to the norms of their culture. Still not too fond of them since I'm not really sure why they needed to suppress Seeon's powers. I'm also guessing that there might be some drama in the next chapter since the prince doesn't want to marry Seeon. Thanks for the chapter. Until next week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/25/2011 06:14 PM, Ramon said:
Nice chapter. I like Oma and Tsal. It is a nice break from how Deda and Batea act towards Seeon, though that might be unfair judgement towards Deda and Batea since they are acting according to the norms of their culture. Still not too fond of them since I'm not really sure why they needed to suppress Seeon's powers. I'm also guessing that there might be some drama in the next chapter since the prince doesn't want to marry Seeon. Thanks for the chapter. Until next week.
This story sort of flowed out in a really short burst of time. It was inspired in many ways from the prompt and Cia's work. Once I had seen what she did, well I couldn't exactly write a little nothing. In many ways the world is divided up into sections. To the north near the mountains is the land ruled by the Waza family, The Horeun Empire. The Horeun's are progressive and push knowledge and equality. Seeon is from the Toleran Empire near the deserts. This is a very caste society, male ruled, and rigid.Poor Seeon is caught between them, a mix of ideals and desires he is about to be pushed further into things he has never considered. I hope you enjoy this.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

After seeing the other priest's reaction in the previous chapter and his comment on Seeon's 'rare ability,' this chapter raises more questions for me. Seeon must have great power if he is able to resist Dede while he is untrained and his power is chemically suppressed. What will he be capable of trained and at his peak? It must be humiliation driving Dede's anger just knowing that a Ma' Nee has been blessed with greater power.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/06/2015 10:01 PM, drpaladin said:
After seeing the other priest's reaction in the previous chapter and his comment on Seeon's 'rare ability,' this chapter raises more questions for me. Seeon must have great power if he is able to resist Dede while he is untrained and his power is chemically suppressed. What will he be capable of trained and at his peak? It must be humiliation driving Dede's anger just knowing that a Ma' Nee has been blessed with greater power.
While the powers in general are fairly rare, they do run in families. Remember both of Seeon's sisters had powers. Seeon's powers are something he doesn't even realize he possess. The priests however wish they had known so they could have tested him or gone to the extremes that his sisters were put through to end their ability to use them.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

So they are suppressing his ability; I guess maybe someone in his position is not suppose to use that ability.  I wonder how strong he will turn out to be.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:17 PM, centexhairysub said:

So they are suppressing his ability; I guess maybe someone in his position is not suppose to use that ability.  I wonder how strong he will turn out to be.

Seeon is a pawn, so he should not have power according to his society. Whatever power he has will bloom in this new life.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, at least his future sister-in-law are nice and clever, even if they're not doing so well in reassuring Seeon or getting to know him. And I loved the way the stood up to the priest and distracted Batea.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/24/2017 at 4:57 PM, Timothy M. said:

Well, at least his future sister-in-law are nice and clever, even if they're not doing so well in reassuring Seeon or getting to know him. And I loved the way the stood up to the priest and distracted Batea.

Let's just say the Waza family usually gets their way. Seeon is in for one he'll of a ride.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..