Jump to content
    Dahawk
  • Author
  • 5,304 Words
  • 6,330 Views
  • 43 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Worth the Struggle - 9. Warning Signs

Worth The Struggle

Warning Signs:

“Blu quit cheating you sneaky bastard,” Kaleb screamed as he continued mashing buttons on the Xbox controller. Blu and Kaleb had a standing bet as to who was better at Call of Duty, and today Kaleb’s luck was failing him. Kyle was with Charlie for a study group at Rim Job, so Kaleb was keeping Blu company and in return, Blu was currently kicking his ass.

“What?” Blu yelled back and pushed Kaleb into the couch laughing, with the hope Kaleb would die – in the game. They had left the door open so they didn’t feel isolated from the rest of the world. Christopher knocked on the door as he wandered in, then sat down on the arm of the chair watching Kaleb and Blu try and outdo each other, while they yelled profanities.

“Kaleb you struggling a bit?” Christopher laughed, “Sucks to be a loser, huh?”

Kaleb shot a look at Christopher and growled, “Eat it Blu,” He shouted as he shot Blu’s guy in the game.

“Asshole!” Blu jumped on top of Kaleb on the couch, getting him in a headlock and giving him noogies, knocking Christopher off of the arm of the couch, who was laughing. “Hey Topher, you wanna challenge the Mini-muffin,” Blu sat up fixing his hair, “Just make sure you kick his ass.”

Blu stood and offered his controller to Christopher, “Wanna drink?” he asked walking to their tiny fridge.

“Maybe water thanks,” Christopher grabbed the controller and smirked at Kaleb, “Ready to die bitch?”

Kaleb punched Christopher in the shoulder, “You wish you could beat me, but your Mom isn’t here to fight your battle for you!” Kaleb laughed and started the game which turned into a total I’m better than you are argument –again-.

Blu grabbed a bottle of water for Christopher, Kaleb, and himself, as his phone rang. He handed off the water to the boys and quickly moved to his desk to grab his phone.

Hey, Blon…” Kyle cut Blu off.

“What slow down Kyle, I can’t understand you,” Kaleb and Christopher paused the game, then they sat up looking over the back of the couch at Blu.

“BABE! Slow down, Charlie what?” Blu held his finger up as if to say, “one sec!” to his gaming companions.

“Fuck! Nope, we’re on our way. Don’t do anything stupid Blondie, make sure Charlie is away from that prick,” Blu ended the call and looked panicked.

“Um… Kaleb, I need you to go and get Liv and take her to Rim Job.”

“Topher, I need you to come with me. I might need your help,” Blu put his phone in his pocket grabbing his wallet and keys.

Kaleb nodded, “I’m on it, be there in fifteen minutes Blu,” He started towards the door and paused, “What’s goin’ on though?”

“I couldn’t work out everything Kyle was trying to tell me he was frantic. It has something to do with Charlie and drugs. That’s all I could work out.” Blu said surprised. As far as they were all aware none of them were into drugs so it was hard to decipher what Kyle was talking about.

Kaleb nodded, “I’m not telling Liv about any drugs, that’s up to you guys,” He turned and ran out the door.

“You ready to run Amigo?” Blu said putting his jacket on and then locked the door while Christopher moved into the hallway.

“Let’s go Kemosabe,” Christopher giggled yanking his coat on.

The two boys took the stairs, moving as fast as they could out the building without knocking people over. They ran across campus like champion sprinters to get to Rim Job as soon as possible. When they finally reached the club, Kyle was in handcuffs leaning on a police cruiser with blood-covered hands and some on his clothes. The paramedics wheeled Chapman to the ambulance loading him in and driving off as one of the police cars followed the ambulance. Kyle spotted Blu and shrugged his shoulders mouthing the word, “Sorry.” A detective approached Kyle and then proceeded to lecture and reprimand him about what he had done was technically assault but the other individual didn’t want to press charges. The detective yanked Kyle around causing him to spin and undone the handcuffs as he continued to grumble. Kyle rubbed his wrists and looked at his battered knuckles which were bloodied and swollen. Kyle walked towards Blu with his eyes firmly locked on the ground in front of himself.

“I… uh…” Kyle started to talk, but he broke down crying when he spotted Liv and Kaleb. He wrapped Liv in a hug apologizing over and over that it was his fault that Charlie was in the hospital.

Kaleb looked confused towards his brother and grabbed Kyle and Liv’s hand yanking them towards the shuttle, “Kyle explain it to us after we get to the hospital, come on Blu and Christopher.”

Blu pulled Christopher by the shoulder and headed toward the shuttle, following the brothers and Liv. They all moved swiftly to the shuttle and anxiously talked over the top of each other until they were in the car. Liv sat between Christopher and Kaleb in the back seat, with both cuddling to comfort her. Kyle was very quiet on the drive to the hospital. Blu reached over and took Kyles hand gently laying it on his thigh. He let go so he wouldn’t hurt Kyle’s swollen hand, but he needed some type of contact with his fiancée. Kyle looked at Blu and grimaced, his face stained with tears. They’d finally reached the hospital, Kaleb helped Liv out of the car and held on to her all the way into the emergency waiting room.

Christopher went to the reception desk to get information as to Charlie’s conditions. They wouldn’t tell him anything because they weren’t related. He tried to reason with the woman but the old bag wouldn’t budge or even say if she was okay. He re-joined the group.

Sorry, guys they won’t tell us anything. Unless you and Charlie are married Liv they won’t let you in to see her. Can you call her parents?” Christopher asked Liv compassionately. Blu and Kyle exchanged looks, surprised that Christopher even gave a shit.

“She doesn’t have any… she’s… Charlie aged out of the system just before college. She was in a group home so she only has me,” Liv turned into Kaleb’s side crying, He wrapped an arm around Liv kissing the top of her head.

Kyle slipped out of the waiting room pulling his phone out dialing Doug’s number, “Dad?”

“Hello son, are you okay, is Blu alright?” Doug asked quickly.

“Yes… no…” Kyle stood there running his sore battered hand over his forehead, “I need help Dad.”

“Okay… take a deep breath for me and then tell me what’s happened and we’ll go from there. I’m here. Mom and I will do everything we can. Okay? So, take a deep breath and let it all out,” Doug said calmly to Kyle.

Kyle left out a long deep breath, “Charlie and me had a study group tonight down at the club, and Chapman slipped drugs into Charlie’s drink. I swear I didn’t see it happen, but she started acting all goofy and Chapman was trying to lure her out of the club… I finally saw him ditch a little prescription looking bottle at the end of the bar, and I guess I lost it… The police had me in handcuffs when they wheel Chapman out, I don’t really remember hitting him but my hands are busted up and bloody. I should have listened to Blu the first time I met Chapman that he was trouble but I ignored him and now it’s all my fault…” Kyle rambled pacing in circles, “And now, Charlie is in the hospital. We can’t find anything out about her because Liv isn’t married to her and she doesn’t have any family because she aged out of the foster system. Dad, you gotta do somethin’ please.”

Doug listened patiently, “It’s going to be okay Kyle,” he tried to gather his thoughts and piece together Kyles’ ramblings. “First things first, are you okay?”

“I think so, but it really doesn’t matter,” Kyle sighed feeling overwhelmed.

“Well you do matter, and you matter a lot to Mom and me. Okay while you’re in the Emergency Department at some point have your hand looked at you might have broken something. Next will be to set Nan upon the genius on reception. Just hold on one minute while I explain to Lily and Nan what’s happening,” Doug went silent for a minute. Kyle stood leaning his shoulder against a wall, as his body come down from the adrenalin. Blu walked up behind him and wrapped his arms around from behind kissing his neck.

“You okay Blondie?” Blu asked softly. Kyle nodded and put his hand over Blu’s on his stomach and let his body melt into his fiancée.

“You still there Kyle?” Doug asked.

“Ya Dad I’m here,” Kyle said as he rubbed his hand over Blu’s.

Blu was shocked that Kyle would ring his Dad for anything and spun him around frowning. Kyle pointed at Blu and mouthed “Doug,” Blu’s expression changed to relief and understanding.

“Okay, Nan is going to ring the hospital now, I want you to go back and sit with Liv or get your hand seen to. Once Nan has finished tearing the cow on the phone a new one, we’ll be on our way. You kids won’t be alone, especially Charlie. Dear God, Lily is going to be a wreck the entire drive. She’s already packing. Tell your young Liv that Charlie will be looked after, you know what Lily is like,” Doug chuckled, “And she hasn’t even met the girl yet.”

“Thanks, Dad, and thank Mom and Nan. See you guys soon,” Kyle ended the call and slipped his phone into his pocket. Kyle used his good hand to take Blu’s hand, “Dad said I need to get my hand looked at, and he unleashed the wrath of Nan on the receptionist. I gotta see her reaction so let’s get in there.”

“Sweet,” Blu smiled following the lead of his love. The boys went back to their group of friends and explained what had happened. If they hadn’t met Nan yet they at least knew the stories. All eyes were on the lady who was rude to Christopher. They watched as she picked up the phone, at first the conversation seemed cordial, then it became heated, and finally, the woman hung up the phone and looked smugly at the kids. The sound of them all sighing in defeat could be heard over the noise of the waiting room, it was a letdown, they expected the hag to eat her words.

“Damn,” Blu mumbled, “sorry guys, I thought maybe Nan would get it done.”

After a few moments, the woman picked up her ringing phone again, the gang watched as her face became red.

“This looks promising,” Kaleb chuckled, “I bet the old bag just got her ass handed to her by her boss.”

The woman put down the phone and walked out of the office and toward the kids, her focus on Christopher.

“Young man, I’d like to apologize for my terse tone earlier. You have to understand these rules are in place for a reason. I still am unable to let any of you see the young lady. But my boss has given me permission to let you know, that Charlette is being tested for any chemicals administered to her system. She is resting comfortably and is otherwise unharmed. She will have to stay in the hospital overnight. There may be other treatments depending on what results come back from the tests,” the old bag was all business no compassion, her words said one thing her demeanor said another.

“She’s my girlfriend, we live together, I want to see her,” Liv demanded.

“I’m sorry unless you’re her spouse or immediate family I can’t let you in.”

The woman turned her back and walked back to her office.

“Miserable bitch,” Kaleb muttered under his breath, as Blu chuckled at the comment, then the two fist bumped.

“Come on Blondie we might as well put your name down to have your hand seen to,” Blu said to Kyle, “although it means we have to talk to the sea hag again,” Blu rolled his eyes.

“Alright let’s get this over with,” Kyle took Blu’s hand and the walked to the reception desk. The sea hag peered over the counter scrunching her nose up, as she slammed a pen and clipboard with information to be filled out for registration, She then pointed them back to their seats dismissively, “Seems her personality hasn’t improved,” Kyle said as he dug his wallet out for his insurance cards, and then he sat down beside Blu to fill out his life story for the hospital. When he got to emergency contact he wrote Doug and Lily’s details in place of his parents, Kyle nudged Blu with his elbow and pointed to it. Kyle stood up, “let’s take this back to Ms. Personality,” both boys stood waiting for her royal highness to get off the phone as she seemed to be prolonging the phone call.

Once she hung up the phone, she reached her long bony fingers over the counter snatching the clipboard out of Kyle’s hand, “Mhm… yep… hmm… okay, Mr. Remmington have a seat right here while I get your chart put together and you,” She pointed at Blu, “Go sit where you were,” the Sea Hag turned her gaze back to Kyle, “You should be back in an hour or so.” She slapped a wristband around the wrist of Kyle’s good hand and pointed towards the door behind her.

“No, I’m okay here waiting with Blondie,” Blu said dismissively to the woman.

“Either you will go sit where you belong, or I will not continue processing his paperwork,” Sea Hag crossed her arms over her bosom and waited. Her glasses were dangling from the tip of her nose and her beady eyes glared at Blu.

“Ripped right out of charm school weren’t ya,” Blu sneered at the woman, she stood and pointed at their friends, “Fine, I’m going,” he leaned in closer to her, “you might want to think about going back and completing the course.”

“You’ll be okay? You want me to stay?” Blu leaned over to Kyle and planted a nice big juicy kiss on Kyle. He chuckled as the woman pulled a face of repugnance.

Sea Hag stood up puffing out her deflated bosom, “I’ve had enough of this nonsense, you aren’t permitted back in the emergency department young man. As I said before policy dictates you’re either a spouse or parent… too bad… too sad…” She turned and shoved Kyle through the door into the emergency department and smirked at Blu.

Blu just smiled and gave the miserable cow a wink, then made his way back to his friends.

“Where’s Kyle?” Liv asked.

“The Sea Hag stole him, I can’t wait until Nan gets here,” Blu chortled, “she has that woman’s number. It sucks, we won’t be able to find out what happened with Charlie until Kyle is expelled from the clutches of the monster Sea Hag.”

The gang sat around making up wilder and wilder scenarios of Kyle’s superhero powers trying to cheer Liv up with their wacky stories. It had been over two hours since Kyle disappeared into the hospital system.

“Mini-Muffin!” the kids heard screeching through the waiting room. All eyes on the old lady who walked through the crowd to get to Kaleb.

“How’s my favorite old hag today?” Kaleb joked as he pulled Nan into a hug and kissed her cheek. Nan cuffed the back of his head and then reached down and grabbed his ass.

“Still as perky as ever, I’ve missed your sweet ass,” Nan squealed, a few people looked at Kaleb and his Sugar Momma with looks mixed between concern and disgust, one lady seemed disgusted as she sheltered her child.

“Thanks, Nan, I missed you too,” Kaleb placed an arm around her shoulder leading her over to Blu, “Blu Nan is here to take care of the Big Bad Sea Hag.”

“Hey Nan, thanks for your help,” Blu said gratefully to his Nan.

“Alright, which one is Liv?” Nan looked around, seeing the only girl with them and pulled her from her chair. “I want you to meet Charlie’s new parents. Liv this is Doug and Lily Waters, Blu’s folks. They are going to make sure that Charlie is taken care of properly and find a way to get you in.”

Lily stepped forward and took the girl in her arms and then walked away from the group. Doug went to his son and gave him a hug. He pulled back and looked at Blu, “You okay?”

“Yeah, the miserable cow at reception stole Kyle over two hours ago. She wouldn’t let me go with him, he’s put you and Mom as his next of Kin. Could you please find out what’s happening with him?” He gave his Dad puppy dog eyes.

Doug smiled, “I would, but then we wouldn’t be able to pose like Charlie’s parents, if that works unleash Nan on her. Kyle is fine, son. They’re just taking care of his hand. Charlie doesn’t have any family, she should be everyone’s first concern.”

Blu smiled at his Dad, “You’re right, sorry Dad. I’m sure Kyle doesn’t really need me.”

“Good boy,” he ruffled Blu’s hair like he was a little kid.

“Okay Doug, we’re up. Liv has given me all the information we need, and Liv stay close, if we get in, we’ll send someone for you and bypass the reception all together for you.”

“Thank you, so much Mrs. Waters,” Liv wiped her eyes.

“You’re welcome, sweetheart. Come on Mr. Waters, let’s go.” Lily straightened herself up, crossed her arms over her chest and walked tall and confident beside Doug to the reception desk.

The kids watched Lily and Doug make their way past reception and back into the emergency department. There was a bunch of fist bumps, high fives, and hugs. Nan in the middle of it all.

“Okay Grandson, since we have to wait, what the hell happened?” Nan said sitting next to Blu and slapping his leg.

“We aren’t really sure at the stage, Kyle has been vague. Whatever the hell happened he feels responsible for it. I know he beat the crap out of Chipmunk, but that’s about all,” Blu frowned slumping in his chair. “Sit up straight Blu,” Nan scolded Blu, “all of this drama is over a rodent?”

“Sorry Nan,” Blu mumbled sitting in his chair correctly, “No, silly woman. There’s this asshole his name is Chapman, we all gave him the nickname Chipmunk. He’s a slimy sleazebag, what I got from the phone call when Kyle rang, I think he drugged Charlie’s drink. Kyle caught him and then beat the crap out of him,” Blu fidgeted uncomfortably. He frowned at his Nan, “They were going to arrest him for assault, but Chipper didn’t want to lay charges.”

“Arrest him… for assault…” Nan grumbled, “they should arrest Kyle for not finishing the job. Fucking assholes.”

Blu laughed, “I agree, I think once the test results come back on Charlie he’ll get his just desserts.”

Nan looked at Blu mischievously, “Did Kyle win?”

“Not a mark on him other than his hands where he hit the f-wit,” Blu smiled.

“That’s my stud-muffin, thank god, his ass will still be pretty,” Nan pumped her fist in front of her.

“Dear God, Nan, will you never quit and leave my Blondie alone?”

“Fuck no, he’s too pretty.”

Kaleb felt his phone vibrate, so he pulled it out of his pocket spotting a text notification.

R: What the hell is Kyle in the hospital for?

K: Hi nice to talk to you too

R: Don’t get smart with me boy

K: He hurt his hand

R: Doing what?

K: Playing piano

R: You’re a pain in my ass

K: I aim to please

R: Kyle was in a fight

K: Whatever, I have to go

Kaleb shut his phone off and started looking around the lobby and waiting room. He noticed a weird looking man with a bulbous nose wearing Homburg style hat looking over the top of a newspaper. Kaleb’s phone started ringing caller ID showed Rudolph’s name and he rejected the call. A few moments later a text from an unknown number popped up showing a picture of Kyle and Blu from behind holding hands. Kaleb stood up and focused on the stranger in the hat and started walking in his direction. The man got up and slipped into the crowd in the hospital lobby and Kaleb lost sight of him.

“Damn it!” Kaleb walked back over and sat down beside Blu leaning over to whisper into his ear, “We have a big problem,” Kaleb opened the picture showing it to Blu.

“Fuck!” Blu shot up out of his seat, grabbing Kaleb and pulling out of earshot of everyone else. “What the hell, Kaleb, where the hell did you get that?”

“Well, here you better look at this text from my father before I explain,” Kaleb opened his texts from Rudolph and showed it to Blu, “After I got those I started looking around the lobby and spotted a weird ass guy wearing a funky ass hat and started walking towards him but he gave me the slip. Then amongst all that Rudolph tried calling me but I rejected it then that picture popped up from a different number I’ve never seen,” Kaleb kept scoping out anything strange in appearance.

“Fuck,” Blu growled swiping his hair forward, “Blondie is going to have a shit fit when he finds this out. He has so much confidence now, except when it comes to your Father. What the fuck does that guy have over you two? Jesus, what are we going to do…” Blu looked at Kaleb, “Do you think your father has seen this photo?”

Kaleb kept staring at the photo something caught his attention, “Blu look at this again, look at the reflection in the puddle doesn’t that look like Christopher?” Blu leaned in to look at the photo closer, and both boys then turned to look at Christopher.

“Well, if I’m going to beat the shit out of somebody, no better place than the emergency room I guess,” Blu said moving forward, Kaleb grabbed at Blu.

“Blu he was my friend I got this, I’m sorry,” Kaleb let go of Blu’s arm and walked over to Christopher whispering in his ear, “WALK NOW!” Kaleb grabbed his arm dragging him outside.

Kyle came out of the mystery door sporting a small cast on his wrist and hand. He walked over to Blu giving him a kiss, “Asshole say I have something called a boxer's fracture,” Kyle sighed, “Now I can’t even play any instruments,” he flopped into the chair by Nan, “Any news on Charlie?” He received a bunch of shaking heads.

A nurse came out calling out Liv’s name asking her to follow. Liv shot out of her seat like a cannonball. As Liv walked by the reception desk she smirked at the Sea Hag and gave a goofy little wave.

“Blondie, what happened? What did they say about your hand?” Blu asked.

“After repeating a ton of X-rays and seeing like three different doctors they decided I have a boxer's fracture, so they put this damn cast on my hand and said they will recheck it in six weeks… six long god damn weeks… the only time I get in a fight and I break my hand,” Kyle waved his cast hand around.

Blu snorted, “You’re kidding right? You decimated that idiot. Surely you know how to fight?”

“Nope,” Kyle shook his head, “Babe I’ve never fought anybody, Rudolph would shit a golden brick.”

“About that… Rudolph knows,” Blu said sadly.

Kyle scratched his head, “He what? How? Nah… You’re kidding right?”

Blu shook his head, “No sorry I’m not… it’s not clear how he knows, we assumed the insurance company, but then Kaleb got a freaky text, it’s a picture of me and you holding hands. Kaleb said there was a suspicious guy in the waiting room but lost him. So maybe a private investigator?” Blu crossed his arms over his chest and shuffled nervously, “There’s more…”

“Fucking hell, how can this day get much worse?” Kyle shifted around in the chair picking the white padding in his cast plucking pieces out, “What else Babe?”

Blu assessed his fiancée for a moment without speaking, “Uh… well… Kaleb and I had a closer look at the picture, there’s a reflection we think of the person who took it.”

“Okay?” Kyle sat up staring directly into Blu’s eyes, “Who was it?”

Blu bit his lip, “Uh… Christopher!”

“WHAT! Let me at him…” Nan yelled and jumped out of her chair startling Blu.

“Jesus Christ, woman, you scared the shit out of me. You were so quiet I forgot you were there,” Blu held his chest and tried to breathe. Nan lifted her hand and cuffed Blu on the back of the head.

“Where is Kaleb?” Kyle asked calmly with no emotion in his voice.

“Yeah, I’m not telling you, you’ll go and mess up your other hand. As much as I don’t mind holding Junior Blondie while you pee, I’d rather not have to wipe your ass for ya. Besides, I want to hit him first,” Blu retorted.

“Babe where are they?” Kyle stood up looking around, “I have to deal with the fallout from him…” Kyle started pacing in the little enclosed waiting area, “Please Babe?”

“They went outside, look, here come Mom and Dad.“

“Come on Stud-Muffin, let’s go find them,” Nan said, taking Kyle’s hand. Blu walked toward his parents and Kyle went with Nan.

Kyle and Nan wandered around the garden area and spotted Kaleb and Christopher in a heated discussion as they walked toward them Kyle called out, “Kaleb come here for a sec.”

Kaleb ran over to Kyle and spotted his hand, “Nice neon green cast bro,” Kyle shot a deadly glare at Kaleb, “What’s up?”

“I wanna talk to Christopher, but I wanna know what you found out,” Kyle said calmly.

“Uh… he claims his Dad and Rudolph made some financial arrangement that obligated Christopher,” Kaleb sighed, “He seems to regret doing what was done. I’m just saying take it easy on him Kyle, I can’t say I don’t wanna beat on him at the moment but Christopher was always a good friend when we were younger.”

Kyle handed his phone to Kaleb, “Stay here, Christopher and me are gonna have a little chat,” he walked over to Christopher leaving Nan with Kaleb. “Christopher I’m really pissed at you,” Kyle grabbed Christopher’s shirt, “I have half a notion to beat the piss out of you, but I doubt the police would like it a second time. So now we need to have a come to Jesus moment, and it will determine your fate in Kaleb and my lives, what did Rudolph put you up too?” Kyle released Christopher who was shaking like a leaf on a windy day.

“Kyle, I never meant to hurt you or Blu,” Christopher stared at a pebble on the pathway, “It’s just, my Dad owed Rudolph a ton of money… like a lot, you know my Dad lost a ten million dollar investment and Rudolph bailed him out. Now, Dad doesn’t have the kind of money that Rudolph is demanding be paid back immediately. He promised my Dad if I followed you around and took some pictures and made sure you followed his rules, my Dad’s debt would be wiped clean. I’m sorry Kyle honest, Kaleb and you have been like brothers to me,” Christopher said with tears in his eyes.

Kyle stood there with a disgusted look on his face, “Christopher I can’t say what you did was okay,” Kyle brushed a strand of hair from his eyes, “I guess I can say it doesn’t surprise me that Rudolph is trying to control your Dad and you too. Do you know if Rudolph hired a private investigator to follow me?”

Christopher sighed, “Honestly Kyle, No, but I wouldn’t put it past him to do such things,” he extended his hand to Kyle, “I’m sorry Kyle for everything,” Kyle shook his hand and turned around heading back to the group.

“Christopher let’s go,” Kyle yelled over his shoulder. “You’re lucky I really planned on punching you in the face with my new cast if you lied to me,” He said to Christopher as he caught up to him. “It’s up to you to earn your way back into Kaleb’s and my life, at this point we aren’t friends and we aren’t enemies, you’re nothing at this point as far as friendship goes, time will tell.”

“You want me to hit him for Stud, cos I don’t mind,” Nan started to shadow box as the two boys approached her and Kaleb.

“Nan, stop it,” Kaleb chuckled, “You don’t want a boob breaking loose from those boulder holders.”

“Damn it,” Nan said as she stopped jumping around, “I forgot you’re the straight one,” Kaleb rolled his eyes.

As the four walked back into the waiting room the police were escorting Chapman, in handcuffs out the front door of the hospital. He looked rough and Kyle had really done a number on him. His nose was plastered, one eye completely swollen shut and stitches in his lip. And a few in his cheek – thank you, engagement ring. The three boys clapped and whistled, Nan, followed along, without a clue but joined the celebration. Once he was put into the squad car they continued to Blu and his parents.

*****

The family entered the boy's dorm room with Chinese takeout. All of them exhausted after the day spent doing nothing but hurry up and wait. With surrounding drama notwithstanding. Kyle was dead on his feet and fell on top of the bed.

“Don’t get too comfy Blondie, we’re on the air mattress tonight,” Blu said swatting Kyle on the backside.

Kyle yawned and stretched, “Alright I’m up,” He stood up wrapping his arms around Blu giving him a kiss. “Love you, Nan, don’t hog all of the eggrolls,” Kyle ran over snagging the eggroll out of Nan’s hand as she was getting ready to take a bite.

“Love you too,” Blu said sarcastically, stunned at Kyle pushing him out of the way to rescue the egg rolls. He looked over at his Dad who was laughing his ass off, “Can you believe this shit!” Blu said shaking his head. “So Mom, how long do you think Charlie will have to stay in the hospital?” Blu asked his Mom, frowning at Kyle and his Nan fighting like five-year-olds over the eggrolls.

“They are keeping her overnight for observation, just a precaution in case there are any adverse reactions from the drug he gave her. After dinner, I’ll pop over to her room and gather some things for the girls and taken them down to the hospital,” Mom smiled at me, “She’s going to be just fine, and she’ll be home safe and sound tomorrow.”

“Blu we should grab take out and have it waiting for when Charlie and Liv get home tomorrow. Babe do you want the last eggroll I pilfered from Nan?” Kyle asked as he shoved the eggroll in his mouth laughing at Nan trying to reach it.

 

Special thank you to all of our readers, we hope you enjoyed this chapter. There is one more chapter left in book one, be prepared for the fall finale.
Copyright © 2017 Aaron Hawke & JT Babbage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 60
  • Love 8
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



I knew Rudolph was behind everything! And I’m still sure Hat Man is working for him too! Rudolph needs to lose all his money, investments, real estate, and most of all his reputation!  ;-)

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I knew Rudolph was behind everything! And I’m still sure Hat Man is working for him too! Rudolph needs to lose all his money, investments, real estate, and most of all his reputation!  ;-)

He's definitely a conniving asshole @droughtquake , thanks for reading and leaving the comment.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Wesley8890 said:

That mother fucker!! You kill nice ladies but let that douche bag live! And that evil bitch at the desk!! First off my fathers name is Randolph, but nicer, and its a douchey sounding name anyway. Christopher needs as few stitches

 

See unfortunately this is what happens when Rob is supervised. Nobody dies. The assholes live, but so do the good guys.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Just now, glennish said:

I was wondering about the change in Chris.  Glad he feels bad about it.  Ruddy is a conniving asshat.  What does he think he can do to the boys anyway?  Kyle and Kaleb seem to be handling this hiccup without to much grief.  What kind of horrible cliffhanger do you have planned for the end of book one?  Can't wait to find out. Thanks. 

 

So you've met Rob before???

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, glennish said:

That would be a new one for you....... Death By Sex.   

 

OH Crap,  I didn't give you any ideas did I???  Forget I said that please 

I like the idea death by sex:2thumbs:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

@Dahawk did you hear anything???

 

3 minutes ago, Bndmetl said:

Firstly you two need therapy.  :rofl:

 

Secondly, you two are dangerous together and should be kept separate at all times. :rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Just now, glennish said:

@Dahawk did you hear anything???

 

 

 

 

 

we need to get you on discord we could create mayhem together

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Bndmetl said:

 

For yourself or others?

I could think of much worse ways to die...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Bndmetl said:

It's hard enough to reign the bugger in as it is.

He's been ill,  cut him some slack, blame it on the cold meds..

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Just now, glennish said:

He's been ill,  cut him some slack, blame it on the cold meds..

 

Oh trust me, he is ill. :lmao:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Bndmetl said:

 

Oh trust me, he is ill. :lmao:

dragging a knife across metal creating massive scraping sound...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
39 minutes ago, glennish said:

OK, Now I wish I wouldn't have read that.... Ruined the story for me now!!!!

 

  Hide contents

At least it wasn't Rudolph dumping Penelope and running off to Vegas to marry Nan.......EEEEWWWWWW barf

 

 

No Christopher marries Nan

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment

 Way to go Kyle dealing with Chipmunck. Ihope all goes right for Kyle. Blu and Kaleb. Christopher has a lot to learn and do to regain the trust of Kyle and Kaleb.

 

I hope Rudolf gets his just deserts.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..