Jump to content
    Dahawk
  • Author
  • 3,049 Words
  • 8,543 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Worth the Struggle - 3. Holy Shit

Kyle meets Blu and his family, leaving him embarrassed and amazed.

Worth the Struggle

Chapter 3 – Holy Shit

Kyle stood there with his jaw almost dragging on the ground, dumbfounded for a moment. "Uh.... I.... I'm Kyle, and holy shit do you announce to every stranger you're gay?" He stuck out his hand to the stranger.

"Um... ur... I'm," Kyle stood there still trying to figure this cute gay guy out, not quite sure how to handle this as all of the other strangers were standing there laughing hysterically.

The older gentleman put the box down and approached Kyle, "His name is Blu, he'll find his tongue in a moment. He's been nervous to meet you this morning." He said, "I'm Doug, Blu's father," putting his hand out to greet Kyle.

"Nice to meet you Doug, and Blu it's also nice to meet you now that I know your name and that you're also gay." Kyle chuckled shaking Doug's offered hand, while still suffering a mild blush.

"Hi, I'm Blu," Blu said still staring at his new roommate.

"Who are the beautiful women that are with you?" He glanced over to the ladies with an adorable smile.

Blu finally coming around, "Oh, that's my Mom, Lily and my Nan, she has no filter and will embarrass you," Blu introduced the ladies, while he looked for a giant hole to rescue him from his own mouth.

Kyle walked over to Lily and offered his hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ma'am."

"It is, where are your parents, have they already left?" Lily asked looking for any sign of them.

"Well.... uh.... see," Kyle was struggling how to explain his family, giving up hope he figured the truth is the best approach. "My parents, I guess you could say my brother Kaleb and I, were an inconvenience that was only wanted to make them feel important. They didn't accompany me up here, Kaleb and our driver James brought me up and helped get me as settled as I am." Kyle looked around with an embarrassed expression on his face.

"Well that won't do, not at all," Lily reached out and took Kyle in for a hug, "Let's go and see what else you need." Blu's Mom dragged Kyle to his belongings and started sorting through his clothes and personal items.

"Mom, please leave the poor guy alone," Blu said embarrassed.

"What? No Blu, this poor boy has no one to take care of him," Lily commented.

"Well don't hog him all to yourself woman, I want in on that," Nan mumbled walking over to the pair. Kyle reached out to offer his hand to Nan, not knowing what to expect next.

"Come on stud muffin, let's make sure you have enough drawers to get you through to laundry day." Nan stepped back and took a good look at Kyle, "My, my you are a good-looking hunk of man aren't you," Nan took his hand and held onto it. Blu was behind them begging his Dad to step in.

"He'll be okay, he looks like he can handle a couple of old ladies," Doug said ignoring his son and started unpacking Blu's boxes.

"Uh, I uh...." Kyle looked towards both ladies, his blush deepened about fifty additional shades of red, "My boxers are right here in this drawer." Opening it to show Nan how many he had inside. Glancing towards Blu with embarrassment written all over his face he said, "Blu are you sure you have enough drawers, maybe I should check for you." Kyle started towards Blu's belongings sitting on the bed.

"Kill me now," Blu said to himself as Kyle reached into one of the open bags and pulled out a large box of condoms, raising his eyebrow at Blu. Kyle held them up for everyone to see. "Oh my God," Blu's eyes filled with water and his face went fire engine red.

Nan looked up, "Oh, young Kyle, they go on your pecker. Somewhere in the bag, there's flavored lube. Like I said to Blu, the anus doesn't produce a natural lubricant."

"NAN!" Blu yelled then walked out the door.

Kyle held the box in his hand shaking his head glancing at the box and the then door, "Blu, can you explain why you have enough condoms to do the entire U.S. military in your bag?" He cracked a huge smile and chuckled still looking towards the door.

"Doug, go and find Blu. Me and Nan are going to go and get the boys a mini-fridge, some snacks and Kyle needs some more drawers and some bathroom stocks." Lily shook her head, mumbling to herself, "What kind of parents don't bring their kid to college and not make sure they have everything they need." Lily looked over to Kyle, "Did you want to come with us, or are you happy for us to choose?"

"Ummm...." Kyle looked frantically for a way out of this conversation. "No Ma'am, I guess if you want to buy me boxers just make sure they are size 32, it will be fine and thank you." He was almost ready to faint from the treatment he was receiving when his own mother wouldn't do such things for him.

Kyle watched Doug leave to look for Blu, then he sat down on the edge of the bed and thought of how fortunate Blu was to have a family that actually cared what he needed. Glancing over to the box near his bed, he reached down picking up the photo of Kaleb and himself. "Kaleb, I hope you're doing okay bud, I miss you already." Kyle thought to himself as he ran his finger over the picture with a tear in his eyes.

Blu stormed back into the room startling Kyle, Doug following closely behind. Blu marched over to Kyle, "I'm so sorry about my family if you want I can see if I'm able to switch rooms."

"NO!" Kyle sat the picture on the nightstand and stood up to face Blu, " You really don't need to do that, it's honestly nice seeing people that actually care about people. Back home it was just Kaleb and me, always looking out for one another. My parents could care less if we dropped off the face of the planet as long as they maintained their title of parent." A stray tear fell from Kyle's eyes, and he quickly used the back of his hand to try and hide it from Blu.

"Well son, you have all of us now. You look out for our Blu, we'll take care of you. You need anything you call us. Blu will give you our number later." Doug called over as he was emptying Blu's clothes out of a bag and stuffing them into a drawer. "Dear god," Blu thought, "I'm going to have to fix all that later."

"Sure, I'll give you their number," Blu leaned toward Kyle and whispered, "I'll let you deal with them from now on," he snickered.

Kyle wiped his eyes and sniffled a bit, "I wouldn't mind it, and besides if I get on Nan's good side I bet I can take your place." He smirked at Blu and chuckled lightly.

Blu threw his head back and laughed, "You can have her, she's a bloody menace."

Kyle continued laughing along with Blu, "Can I ask you something?" He looked with a serious face towards Blu, scratching the back of his head.

"Shoot!"

"So, uh.... are you ummm...." Kyle was stumbling over his words, not really sure of how to ask what he was wondering. Finally, he looked into Blu's eyes, "Fuck it, are you really gay?"

Blu looked at the floor, fuck this day, "Yeah, is that going to be a problem?" He asked politely.

Kyle glanced towards Doug who had his back towards them and barely mumbled, "No, it's not a problem, I'm gay too. I hope that won't bother you either, but if my parents find out they will literally kill me, only Kaleb and you know...." His voice trailed off, and his head dropped feeling there was no need to hide.

"Who's Kaleb, is that your best friend, or boyfriend..." Blu was fishing for information, hoping it came off as just an inquiry.

"Kaleb's my brother and I guess sorta my best friend, and I've never had a boyfriend I always had to pretend to be somebody I wasn't to keep my parents happy," Kyle said with a feeling of dread from his family's perspective. He hoped that Blu could understand he isn't anything like his parents.

"Is your brother about my height, blonde and green eyes? Came out of this room with a huge black guy. Sorry HOT black guy?" Blu asked.

"Ya, that was Kaleb, and James who is our driver, who has been basically like a parent to both of us growing up," Kyle said with a smile which reached from ear to ear, beaming with pride in his brother.

"I don't want to upset you, but when he left as soon as the door was closed he burst into tears. You might want to call him," Blu told him concerned.

"Ok, give me a sec I gotta find my cell phone I think I laid it on my bed but all these boxes are everywhere and my damn underwear." Kyle started rummaging around tossing things around, after a few minutes he found his phone. Holding it in his hand and shaking his head after looking at the huge mess he had made he cringed.

Kyle dialed Kaleb's phone number, "Hey Kaleb, I met my roommate he is a really nice guy, and cute, and oh I gotta tell you to tell you how the introductions went you will piss your pants." He chuckled into the phone.

Kaleb sniffled, "Yeah, I'm fine, I guess it's just hard to believe you're gone and I'm stuck here with just James to talk to."

"Bro, it's gonna be ok man, I will work something out with Blu so you can come up and visit anytime you want on weekends. But I want you to cheer up so I'm gotta tell you how Blu introduced himself. After I introduced myself he said, "Hi, I'm gay," I literally thought I was going to pass out. His Dad actually introduced us, and his Mom and Nan you will love them. But watch out they may check your boxers." He laughed hysterically and tried catching his breath.

Kaleb paused for a moment, "Are you on drugs or drinking?"

"No, honest to god Kaleb, they are hilarious but they dug through my boxers to make sure I had enough underwear, and then his Mom and Nan went shopping. They are buying me boxers and getting both Blu and me a mini fridge. Oh, and Nan told me what condoms were." Kyle shook his head laughing. "Would you like to talk to Blu? I mean you're gonna meet him soon enough."

Kaleb cleared his throat, "You promise I'm not going to get a lecture on condoms, I know how to use them and I don't need to think of what you do with them." He chuckled to his brother.

"Ok smartass, hold on I will put Blu on the phone." Kyle shook his head handing the phone to Blu, "Here it's Kaleb he wants to meet you."

"Hello," Blu said cautiously.

Kaleb seriously and boldly responded, "Hi, so do you like my brother?"

"I wouldn't kick him out of bed if that's what you're asking, but otherwise so far yes, we just met," Blu answered sarcastically but with humor. Kyle was standing next to Blu, giggling his ass off. He wasn't sure if it was from when Kyle had been speaking to his brother or from what he'd said, so Blu just smiled at Kyle.

"That's fine but I'm gonna warn you only once, you hurt him and you will deal with me. Are we clear on the matter?" Kaleb said as a matter of fact.

"Clear as mud my friend," Blu said stirring up Kaleb, he handed the phone back to Kyle, "He's a feisty little fucker isn't he."

Blu's Mom and Nan walked back into the room surrounded by bags, Lily was barking orders at her two men.

"Kaleb why don't I put Nan on the phone she's a basket of laughs, one sec." Kyle walked over to Nan placing an arm over her shoulder, "Nan would you like to speak to my little brother, he's a lot of fun. He's sorta a mini-me, but a little bit mouthier." He smirked handing her the phone and glancing to Blu.

Nan took the phone from Kyle and said to him, "I do love me them mini-muffins," She put the phone to her ear as she put a bag down on Kyles bed and pointed to them. "Well, hello there mini-muffin, are you as handsome as your brother?"

"I'm better looking than Kyle's ass, and I'm Kaleb." He chortled into the phone.

"Have you seen your brother's ass? It's stellar." Nan laughed.

"Mom give the phone back to the young boy and come and give me a hand," Doug admonished his mother. Nan gave Kyle his phone and muttered profanities all the way to her son.

"As soon as we get this fridge up and running and pack away the snacks, we'll take you boys out for a bite to eat before we hit the road. I think we've all had enough Nan for one day." Lily sighed.

Kyle was laughing so hard he was crying as he put the phone to his ear, "Do you feel better now bro? I hate to cut the call short but I gotta help finish unpacking and I need to check my new underwear god knows what Nan picked out. I love you, Kaleb, we will figure out when you can come up to visit after I get to talk to Blu."

Kaleb sighed into the phone, "Ya, I guess I feel about as good as I'm gonna. I love you too Kyle. Let me know about the visit. Bye." He then hung up the phone.

Kyle turned and looked towards Nan as he picked up the bag from his bed, "Do I have anything to worry about in here?" Worried what he might find inside.

"Uh, no you'll be fine, nothing that should shock you anyways," Nan said, "I noticed you didn't have any nudie magazines, so I got you a couple. Now I didn't know if you were gay like our Blu, or straight so I got both," she waved her hand dismissively at Kyle, "if your straight give 'em to Blu, if your gay... the polite thing to do would be share I'd say,"

Kyle immediately went red in the face, "Uh Nan, I already told Blu so I might as well tell all of you also before you beat it out of me, I'm gay too." He glanced at all of Blu's family, to gauge their reaction knowing the consequences he faced if his own parents ever found out.

Nan didn't even bat an eyelid at Kyle's announcement, she just put her hand out, "Oh good, I'll have the straight nudie mags back then. I haven't got mine yet," Kyle dug into the bag laughing, handing the correct magazine back to Nan.

*****

Blu and Kyle walked back into the room after supper, both glad to put the day behind them. Kyle started laughing and looked over at Blu. "Does your Nan ever act her age?" He said with a smirk.

"Ah, I wouldn't know, she won't tell me her real age. But my guess would be not once had she ever," Blu laughed. Changing the subject Blu got serious for a second, "You should tell your brother he's welcome to come and crash anytime. I'll ring Dad and next time they have any deliveries out this way he'll send me an air mattress for your brother to sleep on. Especially if you're worried about him."

"Thanks, I was going to ask you if you were ok with Kaleb visiting. He literally only has James to talk to other than me, and I was worried you wouldn't like him." Kyle smiled at Blu, thinking how lucky he was to have Blu as a roommate.

"I don't mind, until we get the air mattress we'll just push our two beds together, I'll sleep in the middle. It will be like a hot blonde sandwich. There are worse ways to sleep. If I accidentally poke you it's just the toothpick holding the sandwich together." Blu chuckled at his own joke. Kind of a joke anyway.

Kyle laughed and thought to himself of how much he would like to be in a bed with Blu minus his brother. "Well, I guess that would be roughing it, but I can't say I would mind sharing a bed with you." He winked at Blu and rummaged through his drawer looking for more comfortable clothes to slip into. Pulling out a pair of gym shorts and a muscle shirt he headed towards the bathroom, "I'll be right back Blu." Kyle came back into the room much more relaxed, flopping onto the bed, he left out a sigh. As he laid down he noticed Blu had taken the opportunity to change into boxers for bed as well. Kyle watched Blu as he finished unpacking the last of his boxes.

Blu threw a pack of condoms at Kyle, followed by a tube of lube, “You might as well hang on to them. Nan put them in all my bags, we could give one to everyone at this college and still have plenty left for us.”

“Uh…. Blu…. I really don’t need these at the moment. Hell, I don’t even have a boyfriend.” Kyle looked at Blu, and covered his face with his arm. He thought to himself, “Unless you want to volunteer.” Kyle then smirked at Blu.

“Neither do I, but we can be each other’s wingman. We might just get lucky before we hit graduation,” Blu chortled.

"I guess, I'm sorta worn out from the chaos today Blu, so I'm gonna call it a night and get some sleep. Goodnight." He stretched and yawned.

"Night, blondie," Blu smirked and turned off his bedside lamp.

We would like to thank our beta readers, for helping make the transition of the characters flow smoothly. Also a special thank you to our readers, we appreciate your time and kind words.
Copyright © 2017 Aaron Hawke & JT Babbage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 56
  • Love 17
  • Haha 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



38 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. I love Blu and Kyle and am looking forward to learning more about them, Kaleb first visit will be interesting.

Kyle and Blu are a load of fun @chris191070 , you guys are just getting a glance at their lives. We hope you enjoy the story as it progresses.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, glennish said:

What a great first chapter. Kyle got to see how real parents behave.  Doug and Lilly will be great parental substitutes for Kyle and I hope they can end up filling that roll for Kaleb too.  I hope we don’t spend to many chapters dancing around each other. Thanks for the awesome story and the even more awesome grandma. 😂 

@glennish we have plotted through book 1, you folks will definitely be suprised. Thanks for the great comments, and for reading we apprecite it!

 

8 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Can we get Kaleb and Nan in a room together? I freaking love her! These guys are so damn adorkable!seriously though where can I get my own Nan?

@wesley8890 very soon Kaleb and Nan will meet in person, thanks for reading and the awesome comments. We love our faithful readers!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Will @Dahawk be arranging a situation where Kyle and Kaleb become orphans?  ;-)

 

I’m sure all it would take is Nan meeting them! They’re so tightly sprung that one conversation with her would literally explode their minds! At best K & K would be permanently released from their corrupting influence, alternatively they’d have to visit their genetic donors who would be locked up in a very exclusive and expensive mental institution (only the best will do!).

Link to comment
13 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Will @Dahawk be arranging a situation where Kyle and Kaleb become orphans?  ;-)

 

I’m sure all it would take is Nan meeting them! They’re so tightly sprung that one conversation with her would literally explode their minds! At best K & K would be permanently released from their corrupting influence, alternatively they’d have to visit their genetic donors who would be locked up in a very exclusive and expensive mental institution (only the best will do!).

No but they will have a parting of ways soon. Rudolph and Penelope will be some very uptight and unhappy campers.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Gandalf the Puce said:

I had to stop reading a couple times from tears of laughter. Would that I had had a family like Blu's.:2thumbs:

Thanks for joining us on Kyle and Blu's journey @Gandalf the Puce

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Great chapter and a wonderful introduction to the interaction of Blus family. I think it would be a carnival of fun to see Nan and James team up for the betterment of all the boys. I can see it now... as a tag team James would have both arms free to pumel Kyles parents while Nan could keep her mind on the unfiltered tongue lashing of the same.  Never get between protectors and their charges, blood will flow :) .

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 9-10-2017 at 5:06 PM, Bndmetl said:

 

"Abracadabra" *Swish* goes the wand. You're wish shall come true, Nan and Kaleb will be in the same room, very soon. 

 

Your Nan has been ordered and should arrive within 6-8 weeks, delivered to your doorstep.

You better start a productionline, Bndmetl, becourse everyone needs a Nan like her in their lives.

 

I want TWO!

Edited by Oerff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Organized chaos is a good descriptive term for the relationship between Blu and his family, but Kyle is going to need help with his parents. I think Nan is just the person he needs to break up that dual iceberg. I can see a lot of broadening going on from Blu to Kyle, but I worry a little about the reverse -- Kyle to Blu. At ay rate it is going to be an education at college, both in and out of the classroom. Very creative writing, I continue to look forward to additional growth on both boy's parts -- no pun intended.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/9/2017 at 8:06 AM, Bndmetl said:

Your Nan has been ordered and should arrive within 6-8 weeks, delivered to your doorstep.

Porch pirates! She never arrived! Please resend!
;–)

Link to comment

I am famous/infamous for being a troll who lives under the bridge that authors have to walk over barefoot on their way to publication. I a pleased to announce that I have found very few grammatical errors in this story so far – except one. There is no such word as 'anyways' that word is a common slang error of authors. The word 'anyway' (without the 's') is the correct way to spell the word. Please accept this remark as a suggestion only. It is not meant to disparaige or insult you as an author. Anyway, I love your story so far, especially Nan. She is a real character.

MrWill

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..