Jump to content
    dearpeter
  • Author
  • 2,266 Words
  • 1,443 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Model Behaviour - 10. Chapter 10

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
If you like my story, shoot me an email! Dearpetersfo@gmail.com

The sun was low in the sky by the time Alex emerged from his bedroom.

He’d been left alone by his parents for most of the afternoon, giving him a chance to setup new social media accounts and message his online friends to tell them he’d been ‘hacked’. A few influential accounts had already offered to promote him, posting Instagram Stories about the ‘hacking’ and encouraging their followers to support Alex. As a result, he already had 1,000 new followers.

Walking toward the kitchen, he began to pick up the sound of raised voices. They were coming from his parents’ wing of the house. He decided to bypass the kitchen and crept towards his parents’ bedroom.

“It’s full of half-naked men!”

“So? There’s just as many half-naked women.”

“You’d know.”

“That is so beside the point.”

Alex stayed close to the wall, keeping his footsteps as George continued.

“Where’d you get this ‘pedophile’ idea, anyway?”

“Excuse me?”

“I’ve never seen you moderate Alex’s social media before. What gave you the idea that he’s being groomed?”

“I never said he was being ‘groomed’.”

“You said pedophiles are sending him private messages.”

“They are. They have been for years!”

“How do you know that?”

“Because I’ve seen the messages.”

“How?”

“Is it really that important, George?”

George paused and regrouped.

“What makes you think they’re pedophiles?”

“Because of the things they say to him.”

“Like what?”

Jennifer didn’t immediately respond. “I’d really rather not get into it.”

Alex grimaced, remembering the messages his mother was talking about. It had been confronting to receive nude requests as a young teenager, but as he’d grown older, he viewed them as little more than an occupational hazard.

“Okay, let’s say I take your word for it. Has Alex been responding to their messages?”

“No.”

“And have any of these people been stalking him offline?”

“Not to my knowledge.”

“Okay.” George paused. “I have another question for you, then. If this has been going on for years, why are you only just deleting his accounts now? And why did you take the nuclear option instead of just blocking these so-called ‘pedophiles’?”

Jennifer didn’t respond. Alex crept closer, straining to hear her words.

“Are you going to answer the question?”

Still no response. Alex crept another step closer.

“So you have nothing to say to that?”

“I don’t have to explain myself to you.”

The tone of Jennifer’s voice put Alex on high alert This argument could boil over at any moment.

“You know it looks like you deleted the accounts out of spite, right?”

“I don’t care.”

“It looks like you’re punishing him for being gay.”

“That’s not what happened.”

“It looks like—”

“No George, stop.” Alex’s fight-or-flight instincts were now kicking in. “You can’t just come in here and start criticizing my parenting decisions—”

“Ruining our son’s career prospects isn’t a ‘parenting decision’, Jennifer.”

“When was the last time you even MADE a parenting decision, George?”

Alex’s jaw dropped. He was now torn between his want for safe ground and his need to hear the rest of the argument.

“Regardless of what you think of me, Jennifer, you should have at least called before making a major parenting decision like this.”

“If I did, would you have picked up?”

“For something like this, absolutely.” There was more to George’s response than Alex could interpret. “And even if I couldn’t, I shouldn’t have to learn about your ‘parenting decisions’ from a fucking STRANGER.”

The room went silent as George waited for Jennifer’s response. It wasn’t immediately forthcoming.

“Don’t you have anything to say for yourself?”

“I don’t have to justify myself to you, George.”

“You should at least justify yourself to Alex, then.”

“I already have.”

“That’s not what he told me.”

“Then he’s lying.” Jennifer’s next words were conveyed with a quiet defiance. “Everything I did, I did to protect him.”

“It sounds like the only thing he needed protecting from was YOU.”

Alex scrambled for cover as the bedroom door slammed. He ducked around a corner and watched George stomp past with heavy footsteps, and listened as they continued out of sight and all the way to the front door. After one last check that the coast was clear, Alex made a mad dash down the same hallway and all the way back to his silent bedroom.

Once there, he quietly closed the door and sunk all the way to the carpeted floor.

Suddenly, rebuilding his online profile felt like the least of his worries.


* * * * *


Across town, Harry had some big worries of his own. He just didn’t yet realize yet.

“Hey.”

Harry looked up from his laptop and saw Jill standing in the doorway. She had an opaque shopping bag clutched in her right hand.

“Hey, I didn’t realize you were home.”

“Yeah, just got back.”

Jill walked into the bedroom and took a seat at the foot of Harry’s bed. Harry put his laptop down and focused on her, or more specifically, on the shopping bag.

A sense of dread was slowly mounting within him.

“What do you have there?”

“I, uh, picked up something for you at the chemist.”

Harry’s sense of dread increased as Jill reached into the bag…

Oh God, this isn’t happening.

…and took out a box of condoms.

Kill me now.

Harry wanted to die. No method of death could be more painful than this living moment.

“After our discussion this morning, I thought you might need these.”

Jill avoided eye contact as she handed the box over. She then reached into the bag again and handed over a tube of lubricant. Harry immediately stuffed both items under his pillow, as if removing them from sight could erase the memory.

“I, uh, assume you know how to use them.”

“Yes.”

“Good.”

Kill. Me. Now.

Jill was now looking at Harry, seeking eye contact. Harry looked up briefly, long enough to turn an even deeper shade of crimson, before looking back down at his bedspread.

“Did you have any questions about the rules we discussed?”

“About Alex sleeping over?”

“Yes.”

“No.” Harry began picking at a loose thread. “I mean, I don’t think it’s fair, but I guess that doesn’t matter.”

“We can’t interfere in his parents’ decisions.” Jill ignored the fact that she’d already driven to Alex’s house to do just that. “I understand why Alex did what he did, but it still was wrong for him to run away in the middle of the night. George had every right to punish him.”

“It’s not like Alex could call—”

“I know, I know.” Again, Jill was sympathetic. “But as I said, we can’t interfere.”

“Whatever.”

Harry shook his head, but let the matter drop.

Jill watched her son continue to pick at the loose thread, carefully considering her next words.

“Alex seems like a nice boy.” A smile briefly tugged at Harry’s lips. “He obviously cares a lot about you.”

“He does.” Harry nodded, still smiling.

“Just… be careful, okay?”

The smile disappeared. “How do you mean?”

“I know you two have been… experimenting.”

Oh God.

Harry practically folded in on himself, attempting to disappear inside his hoodie.

“I’m not stupid, Harry. I have ears.”

Please, just end this pain.

Harry now pulled the hoodie’s strings, reducing him to a mere pair of eyeballs inside a cotton prison.

“Speaking of, I might need to buy you a new mattress. Especially if sleepovers become a regular thing.”

KILL. ME.

“Please stop.”

“Okay.” Jill was now chuckling to herself, drawing sadistic pleasure from Harry’s embarrassment. “Do you have questions about anything else?”

“No.”

“If you need more ‘supplies’, just ask.” Jill laughed again. She simply couldn’t help herself.

“Can we PLEASE not talk about this anymore?”

“Okay.”

Jill patted Harry on the leg, then stood up. She sought out eye contact one more time.

“I really am happy for you, Harry. You deserve a nice boy like Alex.”

“Thanks.”

Harry relaxed his grip and allowed his face to partially re-emerge.

“Anyway, I’m gonna make a start on dinner.”

“What are we having?”

“Tacos.”

“Cool.”

Harry nodded, then retrieved his laptop and turned attention back to his schoolwork.

Meanwhile, Jill paused in the doorway, marveling at the boy who suddenly looked so grown up. Though he was horribly embarrassed right now, she could still feel the happiness that radiated from him as he basked in the warmth of his first love.

All she could now was hope and pray that it didn’t end in heartbreak.


* * * * *


Long after the last taco had been devoured, Harry’s phone buzzed with an Instagram notification.

‘Alex Wyatt (@AlexWyattOfficial) has requested to follow you.’

A huge grin broke out on his face as he unlocked his phone and immediately accepted.

A moment later, his phone starting ringing.

“Hey there, Alex Wyatt Official.”

“Hey!” Alex’s laughter was sincere, in spite of the joke’s stupidity. “How’s it going?”

“Good.” Harry quickly got up and closed the bedroom door. “How about you?”

“Good.”

Alex seemed relaxed. A fact that genuinely pleased Harry as he sat back down on his bed.

“I see you’re back up and running on Insta.”

“I am. Already got a thousand new followers, as well.”

“That was quick.”

“Yeah.” Alex nodded. “A couple of my friends offered to do shout-outs, so that was cool.”

“Nice.”

Harry leaned back against his pillows, trying to get comfortable.

“Have things settled down at your place?”

“Not really. My parents had a pretty big domestic earlier.”

“About us?”

“Yeah.” Alex noted the concern in Harry’s voice. “You don’t have to be worried or anything. My dad’s still on our side.”

“Well that’s something.” Harry didn’t look all that relieved. “I take it your mom’s still being an asshole?”

“Yeah.”

“I wish she was more like your mom.”

“Trust me, you don’t.”

Harry let out a slight chuckle, though it was mostly mirthless.

“Why? What happened?”

“Hold on.”

Harry rolled to the side and grabbed the condom box from his bedside drawer. He held it in front of the camera for Alex to see.

“Are those—”

“Yep.”

Alex’s laughter was a lot more genuine than Harry’s.

“She bought them for you?”

“Uh-huh.”

“When?”

“This afternoon.”

“Wow.”

Harry put the box away as his cheeks burnt a fiery red. “She tried to do the whole ‘birds and bees’ talk and everything.”

“Jesus!”

Alex was practically clutching his sides now. The absurdity of Harry’s experience was the exact distraction he needed.

“I take it she, uh, heard us this morning?”

“Apparently, yes.”

“It sounds like she’s cool with it, at least.”

“I guess.”

Alex got serious again, processing the new information

“It sucks that I can’t sleep over any time soon.”

“Wait, what?” Harry froze. “I thought you were only grounded for a week?”

“I am.” Alex’s expression didn’t fit the words. “I can’t see my mom letting me stay over any time soon, though.”

“Well that sucks.”

Grim reality set in. The thought of not feeling Alex’s touch for days or even weeks on end began to weigh on Harry’s mind.

Regardless, Alex tried to be optimistic. “We’ll figure out something.”

“Hopefully.”

They sat in awkward silence until Harry not-so-subtly changed the subject.

“What else is going on, anyway?”

“Not much.” Alex was happy to play along with the distraction. “Just been working on rebuilding my Instagram.”

“Are you gonna upload all your old photos?”

“Dunno yet. Maybe.”

“You should.”

“Why?”

“So I can look at them all again.”

Alex laughed, but soon realized Harry was deadly serious.

“You know all my old modeling pics are saved in a cloud folder, right?”

“Really?”

“Yep.”

“Can you link me to it?”

“Why?” Alex’s voice took on a teasing tone. “You wanna check out my body?”

“Absolutely.”

Alex laughed again at Harry’s utter shamelessness. “Okay, I’ll send you the link.”

“Thank you.”

Alex looked off-camera toward his laptop.

“Anyway, I should probably get going. Still gotta type up this assignment.”

“About the World War One artists?”

“Yeah. It’s due tomorrow”

“Fair enough.”

Neither boy seemed in any hurry hang up first.

“I really should go.”

“You should.”

Harry began to giggle as Alex still made no move.

Alex looked between his school assignment and Harry’s smirking face. “Stop judging me.”

“What? I didn’t say anything.”

“You didn’t have to.”

Alex looked at his laptop screen again.

“Okay, I’m really going this time.”

“Sure you are.”

“I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

“Uh-huh.”

Another moment of silence, but this time Alex’s mood really did seem to shift.

“I really do need to get this done.”

“Okay.” Harry decided to stop screwing around. “I’ll hang up first then.”

“I love you.”

The words hit Harry like a sucker punch. He stared down the barrel of his phone camera, dumbfounded.

“Harry, did you hear me?”

“Yeah.” He still wasn’t sure he’d ever get used to hearing the words.

“I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

They locked eyes down the camera barrel. As always, Harry broke eye contact first.

“Okay, I’m going now.”

“Okay.”

Alex reached for his phone.

“Wait, don’t forget to send me that link.”

“I won’t.” Alex gave Harry a sly wink. “Who knows? I might even slip a surprise or two in there.”

“Okay…”

Harry couldn’t even begin to imagine what the ‘surprise’ might be.

“Anyway, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

“Okay.”

“Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

“Goodnight.”

Alex blew a soft kiss to the camera and then hung up, leaving Harry to wonder what he’d done to deserve such an amazing boyfriend.

Thanks for reading the tenth chapter of Model Behaviour.
The boys are in love and nothing can stop them. Well, almost nothing...
Stay tuned for more!
Copyright © 2020 dearpeter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That conversation at the end was truly sweet. I love Harry and Alex. I do feel sorry for Alex, as his parents are fighting. I think George is having a hard look at himself, but also a hard look at his wife. Jennifer is coming across less like a protective mother, and more of a homophobic witch.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great chapter. Harry and Alex are in love, but separated for the time being. Harry's mum is supportive of his relationship with Alex, so much that she bought him condoms and lube. Alex's parents had another row about his sexuality and relationship, fortunately his dad is on his side. Interesting times ahead for Harry and Alex.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Jennifer's made up reasoning about pedo's had more holes in it than 50 pounds of sliced Swiss cheese.Alex said they'll figure something out but I'm  afraid Jennifer will make Alex do something desperate.I'm guessing by the dialect this story is somewhere in the UK I may be wrong I don't know if anything was mentioned. I only bring it up because what are the emancipation laws there?Its possible Alex could go that route  with his successful modeling job.

I had the same thoughts Harry had with a similar conversation I had.KILL ME NOW!!!

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Jennifer has convinced herself she is the only true and legitimate arbiter to deal with Alex. George is never there and it's her territory. She justifies this belief because George only breezes in and out. George might be the current savior of the day,  but ideal father material he's not. Eventually he will leave again.

Jill may embarrass Harry, but isn't she an amazing mom?

  • Like 4
Link to comment

This was a very well written chapter and I am happy that you are taking the time to plan out where the story might be going. No doubt it will twist and turn, change a little along the way, but it is better to take the time than rush it. I had no problem picking up the story from where I left off. Your writing seems to allow an easy flow and create the kind of story which has the right mix of heavy and light. Perhaps its the pacing, but there are strong emotions and conflicts, yet the whole is easy to read. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 6/10/2020 at 8:21 AM, Brayon said:

That conversation at the end was truly sweet. I love Harry and Alex. I do feel sorry for Alex, as his parents are fighting. I think George is having a hard look at himself, but also a hard look at his wife. Jennifer is coming across less like a protective mother, and more of a homophobic witch.

I did enjoy writing that final conversation, Brayon. I think it's important to explore who the boys are as a couple, without just leaping from crisis to crisis.

Regarding Alex's parents, neither of them is perfect. I don't necessarily want Jennifer to come across as a generic homophobe, as I haven't yet laid out any reasons why she'd be that way. Don't necessarily want George to come across as a saviour, either. For all his calmness, his career path has basically forced him to become an absentee father. Can he adjust to his new role? Does he even want to?

More importantly, does *Alex* want him to? Some interesting days ahead...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 6/10/2020 at 8:29 AM, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Harry and Alex are in love, but separated for the time being. Harry's mum is supportive of his relationship with Alex, so much that she bought him condoms and lube. Alex's parents had another row about his sexuality and relationship, fortunately his dad is on his side. Interesting times ahead for Harry and Alex.

The boys are in love and, at least in Harry's case, starting to think about how to physically express that love.

How do Harry's awakening desires align with the separation that the boys are about to face, though? Stay tuned...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 6/10/2020 at 8:37 AM, weinerdog said:

Jennifer's made up reasoning about pedo's had more holes in it than 50 pounds of sliced Swiss cheese.Alex said they'll figure something out but I'm  afraid Jennifer will make Alex do something desperate.I'm guessing by the dialect this story is somewhere in the UK I may be wrong I don't know if anything was mentioned. I only bring it up because what are the emancipation laws there?Its possible Alex could go that route  with his successful modeling job.

I had the same thoughts Harry had with a similar conversation I had.KILL ME NOW!!!

Jennifer's had a long time to come up with a plausible explanation, yes. How long before George picks the same holes in her story that you've picked?

Also, it's funny you mention the locality. I was deliberately vague about physical descriptions and localities at the start, but the story's evolved well beyond that now. For the record, I'm Australian, and the story is set in Sydney. Dunno what the emancipation laws are here, and if Alex's parents behave, hopefully I won't need to find out!

I'm curious to know which phrases made you think it was British, as well. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of keeping it vaguely American!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 6/10/2020 at 9:40 AM, drpaladin said:

Jennifer has convinced herself she is the only true and legitimate arbiter to deal with Alex. George is never there and it's her territory. She justifies this belief because George only breezes in and out. George might be the current savior of the day,  but ideal father material he's not. Eventually he will leave again.

Jill may embarrass Harry, but isn't she an amazing mom?

You've got a pretty good read on the George/Jennifer dynamic, drpaladin. I think George has just taken it for granted that his son will be raised properly, and now he has to figure out what sacrifices he's willing to make to address Jennifer's shortcomings.

I'm hoping that Jennifer comes across as more than just a generic homophobe, as well. She's a control freak and completely image-obsessed, but she does have an internal logic to her. Even if it's a shitty logic.

On the flipside, it sounds like Jill's coming across as intended. She's the exact kind of mother that Harry needs.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, dearpeter said:

. For the record, I'm Australian, and the story is set in Sydney. Dunno what the emancipation laws are here, and if Alex's parents behave, hopefully I won't need to find out!

I'm curious to know which phrases made you think it was British, as well. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of keeping it vaguely American!

No kidding Australia I have family in Adelaide and Mt.Gambier(Im a yank BTW they think I talk funny)

I could be mixing up your story with others I've been reading but I thought I saw the use of the word Mate and Mum a few times and a few other subtle ones that's what I remember at least.I have to look back something made me think this wasn't in the US

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 6/12/2020 at 3:48 PM, Talo Segura said:

This was a very well written chapter and I am happy that you are taking the time to plan out where the story might be going. No doubt it will twist and turn, change a little along the way, but it is better to take the time than rush it. I had no problem picking up the story from where I left off. Your writing seems to allow an easy flow and create the kind of story which has the right mix of heavy and light. Perhaps its the pacing, but there are strong emotions and conflicts, yet the whole is easy to read. 

Thanks again for the kind words, Talo!

I'm certainly playing the long game with certain plot lines, dropping breadcrumbs that won't make sense until multiple chapters later, so hopefully you continue to enjoy :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment

And continue to enjoy we shall!  Another great chapter dearpeter adding a few more "bread crumbs" of the family dynamics!!  George may have some significant decisions to make regarding home/family and work!  Unfortunately - money usually rules those decisions!  Jill is great and I love the line "kill me now"!  Thanks for this wonderful diversion during these challenging times! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 6/15/2020 at 5:54 AM, KayDeeMac said:

And continue to enjoy we shall!  Another great chapter dearpeter adding a few more "bread crumbs" of the family dynamics!!  George may have some significant decisions to make regarding home/family and work!  Unfortunately - money usually rules those decisions!  Jill is great and I love the line "kill me now"!  Thanks for this wonderful diversion during these challenging times! 

No problem, KayDeeMac! Writing this story is just as much of a diversion as reading it :)

George most definitely has some difficult decisions ahead of him. Is he ready to be the father that Alex needs?

Glad you enjoyed the scene with Harry and Jill, as well. I've never lived through such an experience, but hopefully I captured the cringeworthiness of it all!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..