Jump to content

The Great and Special Test

   (5 reviews)

Matt and Jeff have volunteered to help out at the school Fair For Life. As usual with his boyfriend, there's a small catch involved, and Matt has let Jeff talk him into accepting it. That he might regret it is almost certain!

A short story written seven years ago, one of the first I ever posted anywhere.

© 2016, 2023

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 5
  • Addictive/Pacing 5
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 7
  • Humor 7
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 7,108 Words
    • 1,476 Views
    • 30 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

drsawzall

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

A very sweet  story and what you'd do for not only for love, but for a worthy charity. How can you go wrong with a pet lizard named Snert and a couple gallons of liquid chocolate???

Response from the author:

Snert says thank you! :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
SnowBear

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

A short little story for some light reading before bed. Short and Sweet, very sweet and much too short 😛 

My only complaint being that it's already over. 

Excellent work as always.

Response from the author:

It's always a pleasure to meet a fellow chocolate-lover! :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 8
  • Haha 1
Link to review
chris191070

· Edited by chris191070

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

A short and sweet tale.

What do you get when you mix two boyfriends and a vat of chocolate?

Read on to discover more.

A fantastic read for anytime of the day.

Response from the author:

Kind of gives new meaning to 'sweets for the sweet', doesn't it? 😁

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
KrisK

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is my second story to read on this site, both from this author. I read "My Crimson Year" earlier and wanted to read something else just to see if I actually liked this author, or if the first story I read was just going to be a 'one off' kind of thing. I'm glad I did. 

This story was much more whimsical and fun compared to "My Crimson Year", but very well put together nonetheless. As I read, I kept wondering what the 'great and special test' was going to be as the story didn't seem to be giving many hints. But that's one of the things I loved about this story. It kept me guessing right up to the end. 

I enjoyed the setting of this story and liked the way I was drawn into the action of the characters. I could easily hear Jeff barking like a true carny for people to 'step right up' and take a chance with the baseballs. I could also easily see Jeff cringing as each pitch smacked against the plywood target!

I hate spoilers so I won't get into details, but finally learning what the 'great and special test' was definitely did not disappoint.

Now I'm anxious to read more of this guy's stories, but there are a lot of them! 

Response from the author:

Thank you for the very kind words. If you liked this tale, I might suggest Star Light, Star Bright. :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
raven1

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

What do you get when you mix teenage hormones, inventive teen minds, a baseball and chocolate?  Another fun story by Geron Kees!  Short and sweet sums it up nicely, but there is also a lot of humor and flirting.  This is a great bedtime or under the tree summer story.  Sit back, relax and have fun laughing.  

Response from the author:

Thanks! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..