Jump to content
    GWood
  • Author
  • 937 Words
  • 1,987 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jim and Chad, Part 2 - Prologue. Opening Notes

Opening Notes
 
Fantasies are a good thing. They provide some fun in our sometimes boring lives. A good fantasy can also provide some hope that life could be better than it really is. So in general, I highly suggest that everyone have a good fantasy every now and then.
 
However, when a fantasy becomes an obsession and the obsession makes us to do something stupid, then good situations, good friendships, good relationships can be badly damaged or destroyed. That's where I am--teetering dangerously on that borderline between keeping my mouth shut tightly and saying/doing something stupid. I really do love what I already have and where I already am, both personally and professionally. And I'd like to keep it that way, even though I sometimes find myself overwhelmed by the intense, unspoken physical and emotional attraction I have for one particular male co-worker.
 
I wrote this story to help me deal with this obsession, to find a way to release it and go on with my life, or at the very least, make me less obsessed with this good friend. Sure, this story has its hot spots--obsessions should have a few fun moments before being permanently exiled--but for me this story is an emotionally painful, roller-coaster of a romance with a bittersweet, supernatural ending. For you, hopefully this story will be an interesting read. However, I don't recommend it for everyone because it can also be a tear-jerker or preachy at times. So if you don't like stories like this, please click 'Back' on your browser and find something else to read.
 
Just a warning before you proceed: this story is long, novel length long. Also, this story has lots of details. It chronicles the mental journey that I've taken repeatedly over the past four-plus years, so it has to be this way to hold all the things I want to write about. If you don't like long, detailed stories, click 'Back' on your browser and find something else to read. However, for those of you who still might be interested, I've broken this story into two major parts and a whole mess of chapters so you can mark your spot and come back to it later. (In other words, you can try to read it all in one sitting, but I don't recommend it.)
 
If you do continue to read, hopefully you'll find the last numbered chapter near the end of Part 3 enough justification for reading the whole story. Also, along the way, if you find the story too depressing or upsetting, please skip directly to the 'Closing Notes' at the end of Part 3 (when it's published). It'll do some explaining that might help you get through the rest of the story. And finally, although this story can stand on its own, I highly recommend that you first read the original "Jim and Chad" story because it provides some background for this story. Simply put, it is the romantic fantasy that has become my obsession.
 
I do hope you'll read the whole story, but if you're a gay male only looking for a good time, check out the chapters marked with an "(s)" after the chapter number. If you don't care for that type of action, you can read the first paragraph or two of each of these chapters, then skip to the beginning of the next chapter. Although you'll miss some intense emotional moments by skipping these chapters, the remainder of the story should still be readable.
 
You'll meet a few new characters in this story. The major new character is Jeff, a down-home guy with West Texas roots who plays a major role in this story. Jeff is physically tall, wide, and strong, and he's a rock, stable and true for all who need him. However, he has his own intensely emotional but deeply buried past, all of which comes out later in the story. His character is a composite of two unbelievably good-looking, friendly, [and (un)fortunately for me] straight West Texas guys I knew some years ago. Hope you enjoy Jeff as much as I have. I've needed his fantasy presence to get over my real obsession with Chad.
 
Unfortunately I have to say that the only reality in this story are a few locations, a couple of names and my feelings for Chad. Everything else is fictional--well, at least it is for you because a part of my brain keeps trying to make it real. I always hate having to write this because it destroys the story for some. But my hope is that everyone will be able to forget this paragraph as the story unfolds. Also, if you're under the age of 18 or your community standards don't allow you to read stories like this or if you find male-on-male interactions to be morally or legally wrong, please find something else to read.
 
As always, I (as well as all of the other writers on this site) value your constructive feedback. As has been written by others before me, the only payment we receive for our works are the comments given to us by our readers. So I encourage you to post your comments in the comments section or send them directly to me through the provided link. Also, just so you know, I already know that I'm a mentally disturbed soul who probably needs professional help, so you don't need to make those comments--unless they're funny. I always enjoy a good joke, even if it is at my expense. Our world can always use more laughter.
 
Copyright © 2013 GWood; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I don't see much happening in these reviews so not sure this is the place I am supposed to make comments. Is there somewhere else I should be doing this?

Thanks for the opening remarks. You do make it quite clear where you are headed and what we can expect. I like that. I like your refreshing honesty too about where you at in all of this. I have to say it's good because of your personal involvement. The story is you in so many ways and it's good because of that. So thanks for sharing and thanks for writing. I like it all, both the parts marked s and the parts not marked s. Keep it rolling!

Link to comment
On 07/21/2013 04:45 AM, Jaro_423 said:
I don't see much happening in these reviews so not sure this is the place I am supposed to make comments. Is there somewhere else I should be doing this?

Thanks for the opening remarks. You do make it quite clear where you are headed and what we can expect. I like that. I like your refreshing honesty too about where you at in all of this. I have to say it's good because of your personal involvement. The story is you in so many ways and it's good because of that. So thanks for sharing and thanks for writing. I like it all, both the parts marked s and the parts not marked s. Keep it rolling!

You've got the right place for comments. There aren't many because the story is probably too personal for most readers. I just needed a place to write it down and try to get it out of my brain. Hopefully you'll like the roller coaster adventure of this story, too.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..