Jump to content

The Saturday Boy 1. All Our Saturdays

   (4 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama
PicsArt_08-17-08.39.29.jpg

Joey and his two best mates are on vacation on the sunny island of Gran Canaria. All is great apart from his Mum's constant phoning to ask him about various aspects of their family business - A pub in London. 
Later on, when Joey starts to moan about the workload his parents are placing on him, his mother decides to hire a new cellar hand to work on Saturdays. But life is about to get a whole lot more complicated, as a boy from Joey's school has immediately applied, and it's someone he thought he had left in his past.

 

Copyright © 2021 James Matthews; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (8 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 8
  • Characters 8
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 6
  • Tearjerker 7
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

pvtguy

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Wonder what happens when a young man finally confronts who he is?  This is a great story of love, drama, and the difficulties teens go through in emerging into their true personalities.  Joey has a wonderfully supportive and loving family which he doesn't realize until exposed to the life of Jack Staunton.  What happens will excite, sadden, anger, and warm the reader's hearts.  This is a wonderful read!!!

  • Love 3
Link to review
Gary L

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

If you want to skip this review go straight to weinerdog’s excellent comments.   He expresses my feelings perfectly. 

still, I have spent weeks of forced rest reading GA. I’ve revisited the God’s like Mark Arbour 🙇‍♀️ , Carlos H 🙇‍♀️, but the best read of the summer has easily been the collection shared day by day by James Matthews.  
the Saturday Boy is a great read; sassy, sexy, serious,  this is good stuff.  
enjoy 😉 I did.  

  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This amazing story is about Joey a boy who works for his parents at there pub and Jack a person his parents hire as The Saturday Boy.

Of course these stories are never straightforward or run smoothly. We discover that Jack and Joey had an incident a few months back.

We meet Joey's best friends Dean and Shaun whilst they are holidaying together.

This story takes us on ride that tests the friendships and family relationships both positively and negatively.

We encounter some really sweet moments within the story but as with alot of stories, there are difficult and tragic moments.

The story is set in a typical London Pub, so the non English readers will get a fantastic education into the life of the British teenager.

A truly fantastic story, highly recommended and I look forward to Part 2 of The Saturday Boy.

  • Love 4
Link to review
weinerdog

· Edited by weinerdog

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

My main purpose for writing this is so the story would have 5 stars next to it so people would take notice and read this story. I'm not good enough with words to adequately describe how good this story is.It centers around three almost lifelong friends along the way you are in for a rollercoaster ride of coming to terms with who one is, friendships being tested and family relationships both negative and positive. There are some very tragic moments but many, many more sweet heartfelt moments  with a lot of relevant issues of the day dealt with very realistically.If you're a Yank like me you will also find subtle differences in teen culture with the Brits as opposed to the U.S. for me that was educational.In closing I say stop reading this flawed review and start reading this great story.

  • Love 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..