Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 340 Words
  • 1,648 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Get Into James Shorts - 15. The Awakening

When a telepath awakens, it can be a terrifying experience. How can you hear the toughs of everyone and be so alone?

The Awakening

 

"When will I see you again?"

"Do you want to see me again Misha?"

"Yes. No. I don't know. My feelings are so confused."

"I'm a telepath. You don't have to tell me that. It's coming through loud and clear. What does your heart tell you?"

"My head and my heart don't talk much Kerr. I'm afraid. If they find out..."

"I've noticed that about you. When I touched your mind, were you afraid?"

"No. It was wonderful. It's like nothing I've ever experienced."

"That's what it's like when two telepaths make love. Our souls merge."

"You mean... I am... a telepath?"

"That's how I found you. You might as well have been screaming I'm alone, confused and scared at the top of your lungs."

"Oh no. The government-they..."

"Yes, I know. Death by vivisection for telepaths. What they can't control, they destroy. Their problem is they are terrible at catching us. " It's not all bad you know. I can teach you.

The younger man looked as If he had been struck. I can hear you but you didn't speak?

Don't be afraid. Your power is just awakening. I can help and protect you if you'll let me.

"How do I..." How do I start?

I think you just did. You've been feeling this for some time. The fear and the confusion. You don't have to be alone.

He moved closer to Kerr. Such a strange young man- it was like other people were flat, but Kerr had an infinity of depth. Misha didn't have to say the words. Kerr opened his arms in a gentle embrace that had more depth than anything Misha had ever experienced.

When Kerr gently kissed Misha on his forehead, there were no barriers, secrets or walls. The gentleness and the openness of the small gesture brought tears to the young man's eyes.

Is this what it's like?

And so much more.

I don't have to be alone anymore?

No Misha. You don't have to be alone ever again.

Copyright © 2017 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..