Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 390 Words
  • 1,637 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Get Into James Shorts - 14. A Local Youth

Sometimes the story behind the headline is what is missing from true understanding.
A Local Youth

 

“I have to have a talk with your mother.”

Nine words. Nine despicable words that I wished that I had never heard.

"But why? I'll just leave scouting."

I didn't know that the scoutmaster was a Mormon, and he really had a stick up his ass about homosexuality. Hell, I didn't even know what homosexuality was until he told us. "Legally, I have to tell her. You and David are underage. You've been having homosexual sex."

I said, "But Jesus Mr. Raines. We didn't know that is what homosexual was."

He looked at me crossly and said, "Well that's what it is; it is criminal and seriously immoral. I know about it, so I am legally obligated to tell your parent or guardian."

"Can't we just promise not to do it anymore?"

"I'm sorry, it just doesn't work that way. You and David need special counseling before I would even want you in school with my kids. It's like you have a disease and the other kids could catch it."

Soundless tears were running down my face now. "Please Mr. Raines. Please don't tell her. I'm not supposed to know this, but that's why my Mom and Dad split up. If you tell her, she won't want me either. I'm thirteen, I don't have anyone else."

The bastard wasn't listening. He wasn't even looking at me. He said, "I'm sorry, Jimmy..."

The thunderous roar of the .45 caught even me by surprise. A red hole appeared on the side of Mr. Raine's head and his blood, bone and brains splattered the wall behind him like a grotesque piece of abstract art. He turned toward me looking surprised and pretty stupid with a third of his head missing. The awareness left his eyes and then collapsed.

"No. You aren't going to tell her a damned thing."

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

In tonight's top story, a local youth was arrested for the murder of Thomas Raines, a local businessman and scoutmaster of Troop 22 sponsored by Oak Street Methodist Church. The youth was arrested at his home without incident. Police say there is no motive at this time and the suspect's name is being withheld because he is a minor. Be sure to stay with Eye Witness News as we follow this story as it develops...

Copyright © 2017 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

 A very sad tale. One life ended and another destroyed because people are not allowed to be who they are. That is the root cause. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..