Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 245 Words
  • 770 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Get Into James Shorts - 42. If You Came Up Then You Would Understand

"If one more idiot asks me if I'm a top or a bottom, I swear, I'm going to deck them!"

"Easy, easy champ."

"It's none of their damned business. There's no way I'm going to play hide the salami with a perfect stranger."

"Dude, it's not the eighties anymore."

"Thank God. If you came up then, you would understand."

"If I'd come up then, I would have probably been a causality or a basket-case. What was it like?"

"It was like some malevolent thing was stalking you and everyone you cared about. At the time, being out often ostracized gay people and the community was all they had. People read the paper back then. Every day you would look at the obituaries and hope you didn't recognize a name."

"Jesus."

"There was a guy who was part of a group that ran a few record stores around the area. I saw him at the store pretty regular. Then he wasn't there one day. A week later he was on the obituary page. If you were lucky, it was like that. It just nipped at your acquaintances. If it got someone close to you, and you were faithful and stuck around, you got to see what a real nightmare looked like."

Rocky put his hand on the older man's arm and said, "You sound like you are speaking from experience."

"Yeah. AIDS was an epic shit show. Nobody got out of that without scars."

div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo">
 
Copyright © 2017 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It is still an issue today if somebody isn't careful.I'm worried that among the people if it's not in the media they don't pay attention to it out of sight ,out of mind.I worry that a new strain will come.

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment

I like the characters and the down to earth feel of the situation. People nowadays don't remember the unpleasantness of the past. Without those tragedies, there wouldn't be a Pride Month.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..