Jump to content
    joann414
  • Author
  • 11,003 Words
  • 3,909 Views
  • 36 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

No Room in the Lodge - 1. Chapter 1

No Room in the Lodge

"I've never had to tell this to anyone else, but I suppose it's time I did."

Jeff turned to look at his employee. "What do you mean Dan? Is there a problem with you bunking with me? You've worked here for the last three winters. I consider you a friend as well as an employee. If you aren't comfortable sleeping in here with me, I'll get one of the others to swap out."

Dan wished he hadn't spoken the words after Jeff's friendly comeback.

Dan had worked at Diamond Lodge for the last three winters. This would be his fourth, and he loved spending his winter months at the ski lodge. Jeff owned the lodge and hired college kids every winter that needed extra income for their spring semester and Dan certainly needed the money. Dan had celebrated his 21st birthday here last year, and had planned to be here for his birthday this year, but now he had doubts niggling at his heart.

"Jeff, I love it here at the lodge. It's just that the eight of us that come up to work the winters have always had our own rooms. I'm just a little uncomfortable infringing on your personal space. Maybe two of the other students will let me throw a sleeping bag in the corner and share their quarters." Dan fidgeted with the strap of the duffel bag that he still had on his shoulder as he spoke, refusing to meet Jeff's inquisitive stare.

Sitting down on one of the beds, Jeff leaned back on his hands, studying the younger male. "Do you want to share what's really bothering you, or do you just want me to tell a couple of the other guys that you are going to sleep on the floor in their room, and leave everything open to speculation?" He watched the duffel slide from Dan's shoulder as the other man sat down across from him on the other bed.

"I'm gay."

The words hung in the air. Jeff lay all the way down on the bed, folding his hands underneath his head, and stared at the ceiling in silence.

"No one that works here knows. I have a few close friends in college that have known as long as they've been my friend, but I don't advertise the fact that I'm gay." Dan blew out a nervous breath after he spoke.

Suddenly sitting up, Jeff said brightly. "Now that we've gotten that out of the way, you can unpack, and I can quit worrying that you don't like me or that I have bad body odor or something. Come downstairs when you’ve unpacked. We'll all have a drink in the bar before it gets busy and discuss job schedules." Jeff pulled on his jacket as he headed to the door. Turning, he asked Dan quietly, "Did you not think that I'd run a background check on you before I hired you? Also, it hurts my feelings to think that you would see me as a homophobic person." Pausing, Jeff looked Dan in the eye before continuing. "You can have either of the beds. It doesn't matter to me, or we can share one." Chuckling at the shocked look on Dan's face, Jeff went out the door, whistling cheerfully.

***

Six guys and two girls were sitting in the bar, all wearing a long sleeved sky-blue sweatshirt with the lodge's logo across the front. Jeff took a chair at the end of the table, and ordered two rum and cokes. He'd watched Dan over the years, and knew that was his drink of choice. He put one of the drinks on the table in front of the empty chair to his right. As he took the first sip, he looked up to see Dan loping down the stairs, having changed into his sweatshirt and dark blue jeans that fit him like a glove. Trying not to squirm and show how uncomfortable his jeans had become from the sight of Dan, he motioned for Dan to the seat beside him.

Jeff gave a shrill whistle that could be heard above the chatter around the table. He started speaking when the noise ceased. "First of all, let me apologize for your accommodations this year. My new manager overbooked, forgetting that four rooms at each end of the top story were for staff. Needless to say, we all have a fellow employee as a roommate. You will all be compensated monetarily for this small inconvenience. I appreciate your patience on this matter."

The staff around the table merely waved his apology off, and picked up the piece of paper in front of them that had the next three months schedule on it. It was the 15th of November, and the schedules ran through the 15th of February. The last month had names of his regulars that worked from February through the off season.

Dan noticed that most of the roommates had the same schedule. He thought that was pretty thoughtful of Jeff since it wouldn't interrupt each other's downtime. Each of the staff had a bartending license, and took their turn at the bar, two at a time. He noticed that he and Jeff worked the bar every other evening from 5p.m. until 10p.m. On those days, they worked laundry duty and dining room duty during the day.

"If there's a need for change in your schedule, let Dan or me know, and we'll work something out. Any questions? If not, enjoy the evening because it will be the last for a while for some of us. Visitors will start arriving at 3p.m. tomorrow, and I'll expect each of you on hand to greet and assist them in any way that you can."

Jeff turned to Dan after he finished speaking and the others started chatting among themselves again. "Are you comfortable with being my assistant this year? Aubrey graduated last spring, so I don't think she'll be back anytime soon unless it is as a guest."

"Anything you need. Just let me know in advance if there's anything special that I need to do," Dan said.

The two men drank in silence, listening to the conversation around them, smiling at some remarks being thrown between the others. The staff working this year had at least worked at the lodge together a year, so they were like old friends. Many of them kept in touch throughout the year.

Dan felt Jeff looking at him. He turned and smiled. "Have I got something on my face, or are you just thinking about what I told you earlier?"

"I told you I was already aware of your sexuality, Dan. Actually, I was thinking about riding over to Brant Wilson's place and making sure he was going to keep us a good supply of firewood. Wanna come along?"

"Sure, I’ll grab my coat and change into my boots. These moccasins don't do snow." Dan finished his drink and got up from the table. "I'll be back in a minute. Do you need anything from our room?"

"Nah, I'm good. I'll warm up my jeep and meet you out in front of the lodge." Jeff got up from the table and put on his jacket he'd hung on the back of his chair.

***

Jeff sat patiently in his jeep, heater blowing full force, watching the front door of the lodge for Dan to appear. When he saw the young man come out the door and start down the steps of the porch, he reached across the passenger seat, and had the door open, waiting for him to get in.

Dan climbed into the passenger seat of the jeep, murmuring his thanks as he did so. Fastening his seatbelt, he turned to see Jeff watching him. As soon as he was buckled in, Jeff slid the jeep into gear, and gingerly pulled the vehicle out onto the road that led up and around the mountain to Brant's cabin.

The absence of conversation would've been uncomfortable if the radio hadn't been blaring. Dan hummed along with Blake Shelton, unaware that Jeff was straining to hear the low timbre of his voice.

"Do you sing? I know you play the guitar, because I've heard you play at the lodge." Jeff spoke above the sound of the radio.

"A little. I enjoy singing, but don't call myself a real singer. It just kinda goes along with playing my guitar. Once you learn to play the instrument, it's like you automatically begin to sing when you play." Dan was a little self-conscious.

Jeff glanced at him and said, "You'll have to sing for me sometime."

Half an hour later, Jeff pulled the jeep into the driveway of a two story log cabin with rows and rows of firewood stacked to one side of it. An older man, wearing overalls and a flannel shirt, walked out to meet them.

"Hi Jeff." The older man shook his hand. "I have you two cords cut and ready to deliver tomorrow, and will have two more by the end of next week if you want them."

"I'll take all I can get. We've already gotten a couple of snows. By the way, this is Dan Boyd. He helps me out at the lodge every winter, along with all the others." Jeff smiled at Dan.

"Isn't this the young man you've mentioned to me before?"

Jeff interrupted Brant before he could say anymore, his face turned pink. "How much do I owe you? I want to go ahead and pay you for the first four cords."

Brant told Jeff the amount, and took the check from Jeff a few seconds later, folding it and stuffing it into the front pocket of his overalls. "Appreciate the business. You two want to come inside for a drink?"

"Nah, we better get back to the lodge before this weather gets any worse. They are saying we're going to get a couple of more inches tonight, and maybe heavy sleet tomorrow."

"Well, come back. I'll deliver the wood. Nice to finally meet you, Dan."

Dan shook the man's hand, confused by the conversation. Jeff was already in the jeep. Dan slid into the passenger side, shut his door and fastened his seatbelt. Something told him that the conversation was going to be a lot more interesting on the way back to the lodge than it was earlier.

After they got going, Jeff turned the radio down. "I guess you are wondering what that was all about. Brant and I are pretty good friends, and his son does all my background checks for me. He's a detective down in the valley. Umm, I know that you are independently wealthy, Dan. Brant and I had a talk about it. I was curious and told Brant last year, asking his opinion. He just said that you probably like to keep a low profile."

"Yeah, I'm filthy rich. But, I'm determined to fund my education on my own. When I turn twenty-five, I come into millions. Is your curiosity satisfied?" Dan knew he sounded belligerent, but he hated discussing his family's wealth. He wanted people to like him for who he was, not for what he was worth.

Jeff seemed offended by his attitude. "Hey, I didn't mean to make you angry. It's not what you are thinking. Also, I wouldn't tell anyone else. That's your business."

The rest of the ride was silent. When they got back to the lodge, Jeff let Dan out at the entrance, and went to put the jeep in the big garage out back. He knew he was going to have to be careful when it came to Dan. Not only for their age difference, but because their close living quarters was an even bigger factor. At thirty-five, Jeff was feeling like an old man.

***

All the holiday lodgers arrived within the next few days so everyone was kept busy. The three ski instructors helped out at the lodge more than on the slopes. The majority of the lodgers didn't ski. They just enjoyed the solitude of the lodge and all that it had to offer as far as entertainment and the bar. Jeff provided board games, large flat screen televisions, and live music a couple of nights a week in the bar and dining area.

Thanksgiving was upon them before Dan knew it. He and Jeff barely spoke. It was as if he'd put up a wall between the two of them when he spoke about his wealth. One of them would manage to get to their room, shower and retire to bed before the other every night. The only time they seemed to be awake at the same time in the room besides morning when they were getting ready to go to work, were the nights when Jeff would be in the small office that he'd built onto his room. There wasn't a door on it, so Dan could see his head bent over the desk, the light from the desk lamp making Jeff’s black hair look sleek and shiny. Dan made sure that Jeff didn't catch him staring.

***

A few of the lodgers left the week after Thanksgiving, only to be replaced by more. Since most of them were repeat guests, most of the employee’s time was spent visiting with them around the fire downstairs, or in the bar. Once laundry and food had been taken care of, it was almost like they also were on holiday. Even the bartenders enjoyed working in the festive atmosphere. It was such a warm environment that Dan and Jeff were able to talk and get along once again. But, silence prevailed between the two men when they got to their room.

After tending bar that Saturday night, Dan and Jeff washed the last of the glasses around the bar counter and tables. Dan took a wet cloth to wipe down the tables while Jeff cleaned the bar. The cleaning lady from the valley would take care of the floors early the next morning.

Reaching over the bar to throw the rag into the stainless sink under the bar, Dan said quietly, "I think I'm gonna turn in. See you in the morning."

Jeff felt like he'd been slapped. Dan made it apparent that he wanted nothing to do with him as a person; just an employee-employer relationship. Frustrated, Jeff reached behind him for a bottle of rum. Filling a glass with ice, he poured it half rum and half coke. He swirled the glass a couple of times before taking a sip, emitting a long sigh afterwards.

"That bad huh?" Brant stood across the bar from him in camouflage coveralls and boots.

"What are you doing here this time of night? It's a blizzard going on out there."

Brant chuckled. "Delivered the widow Arnold some wood earlier. She invited me to stay for dinner. Time got away from me. Next thing I knew it was after eleven p.m., and I still had to drive home. I made it as far as the covered bridge. Right before I got to it, a deer crossed in front of me. I jerked the steering wheel while hitting my brakes. You know the rest of the story."

"Hit the ditch huh? I'll get you some blankets and you can bed down on one of the couches. You can call Old Joe to come pull you out in the morning." Jeff set another glass on the bar as he spoke, and filled it with ice. He poured straight bourbon into it, and pushed it toward Brant. "Drink up. You've got to be cold after walking over a mile in this weather."

"Where's the kid? I thought you'd arranged all your shifts together."

Jeff shushed him, glancing around to make sure no one was within earshot. The few stragglers still awake stood in the large living room by the fireplace, oblivious to the two men in the bar.

"He barely speaks to me. I don't think he liked the fact of me knowing he had money. The other thing hasn't even crossed his mind. If he even has an inkling that I'm gay, he hasn't shown it."

Brant sat down on one of the bar stools, pausing before speaking. "You've carried a torch for him for over two years. I know the age difference bothers you, but if you still feel as strong as you did, age is not a factor, just the two of you. Trust me. Don't waste time. The next thing you know, there won't be much left to waste, and you've missed out on love."

"I never said I loved him, just that I was interested."

"Yeah, right. Every year when he leaves, you're like a sad puppy for the next six months. Then for the next three months you anticipate his return. You better tip your hand, or it's your loss."

"You don't think I know that. This is probably his last year working here, meaning I may never see him again. I'm scared, nervous, but determined. If he rejects me, so be it. Life goes on."

Brant heard the catch in Jeff's voice. "No time like the present. Looks like the living room has cleared. Go get me those blankets and I'll keep the fire stoked down here tonight while you gather your courage to tell that young man who you are and how you feel."

Reaching behind him, Jeff picked up the bottle of rum, grabbed another glass and filled it with ice. Retrieving two cokes from under the counter, he raised the end of the counter, letting himself from behind the bar.

Turning the lights out, Jeff walked over to a large wooden coffee table in the living room and lifted the top of it to reveal several fleece blankets. He tossed a couple of them to Brant. "There are extra toothbrushes behind the counter where the guests check in. You know where the bathroom is. See you in the morning."

"Jeff?"

Turning at the sound of his name, his foot on the bottom step of the staircase, Jeff said, "What?"

"Don't let fear rule your heart."

***

Dan lay in bed with a pair of flannel pajama pants and a long-sleeved black tee shirt on. His feet encased in heavy socks, his auburn hair darkened by the dampness from the recent washing it had received. Jeff’s body tightened when he got a whiff of the woodsy scented soap that Dan used. Stopping beside Dan's bed, Jeff held out the glass holding only ice, and sat his own drink on the table beside the bed so he could pour rum and coke into Dan's glass. After he finished fixing the drink, Jeff took his and sat down on the end of Dan's bed.

Looking surprised, Dan moved his legs to the side, allowing him more room.

"Can we talk? I mean, if you're not watching that Christmas movie on television or something."

Dan muted the television. "Sure. What's up with the room service? You must've read my mind. I was laying here wishing I'd thought to fix me a nightcap to bring upstairs. I was pretty tired tonight. The shower revived me."

Jeff cleared his throat. Gulping down half his drink and ignoring the widening of Dan's eyes at his action, he spat out, "I'm gay."

"I'd say you were a liar if I couldn't hear the nervous tinkle of the ice against the sides of your glass." Dan reached and took the glass from Jeff, afraid he might spill it on his bed. "Are you ok? Why are you so nervous? It's not like you think I'm homophobic or anything. Remember? I'm gay too." He chuckled, trying to lighten the moment.

"I'm not handling this very well." Jeff slid the palm of his hand down his face, taking a deep breath. "I've been interested in you for a long time, Dan."

"I got that. You made that quite clear when you told me you'd found out about my inheritance and all. It wasn't necessary for you to delve that far into my personal business doing a background check. You'd indicated to me when I applied for this job that you did a criminal background check and made sure that we were indeed college students needing to make money for school. There's just one thing that puzzles me. If you knew my family had money, and that I didn't have to have the job, why did I get it? I'm sure you thought there was someone else who needed this job more than I do."

Jeff looked at Dan and then down at the legs stretched out beside him, resisting the urge to run his hand up and down them. "I didn't find out about your wealth until last year when I did a more thorough check on you."

"Why? What was the purpose of checking deeper into my background? I'd already worked here the two years before. I don't understand." Dan rose up from the bed and leaned forward as he spoke, his torso within inches of Jeff's shoulder.

Jeff could feel the warmth from Dan's body as he moved closer. He tried to get his words together before speaking, but the close proximity of the other man left him almost breathless, shutting down any coherent thoughts he might've had.

Dan touched his shoulder. Jeff leaped up, his emotions teetering on the edge, he trembled.

"Hey. What's wrong? You're trembling all over. Come here." Dan reached and pulled Jeff to his chest. He felt the wetness on his shirt, and a second or two later, soft sobs coming from the other man. Dan held him until the trembling stopped and Jeff became quiet. Dan swore he could feel the other man's emotional inner struggle inside himself. Resting his chin on top of Jeff's head, Dan realized what was going on. Wanting to ease the tension he felt in Jeff's body, he lightly kissed the black hair he'd been resting his chin on.

"I didn't mean to fall to pieces on you."

Dan could barely understand the mumbled words against his chest, but he felt the hot breath through his tee shirt as Jeff spoke, and his body responded. Easing back a little, hoping Jeff couldn't feel the hardness through the flannel material; Dan tried to feel ashamed for being aroused at such an emotional time. He just couldn't find it in him. His physical awareness was on overload from the touch of Jeff's body.

"No problem. Are you ok now?" Dan felt Jeff pulling away from him.

Feeling embarrassed, Jeff slowly raised his eyes, finding Dan's green orbs boring into him, full of an emotion that sent shivers through him and not from nerves or fear. Dan's eyes were screaming lust and want! Raising his hand, he reached to palm the side of Dan's face. His head jerked in small motions as he leaned in to claim Dan's lips with his own. As soon as he felt the warm moistness of the soft skin of Dan's mouth, Jeff let out a trembling breath, almost giving into the wetness behind his eyelids. He moaned when Dan's teeth took his bottom lip between them and began to bathe it with his tongue.

When Dan felt Jeff's lips against his own, he wanted to ravish the older man, but settled for nibbling and sucking on that beautiful mouth before delving his tongue deep into the warm crevice offered to him. He could feel the heat of Jeff's hands through his shirt, making his nipples harden, causing small pinpoints in the black material. After the heat began to reach the point of no return, Dan gently moved Jeff away, keeping his hands on the other man's shoulders to assure him that all was ok.

"I think I'll just...umm, freshen our drinks." Jeff got up on legs that were so weak he almost stumbled forward. He felt Dan's hands settle on his waist, steadying him, and heard a soft laugh come from the other man. Hoping that he wasn’t dreaming, Jeff opened his eyes to see Dan sitting on the side of the bed, his hands still on his waist. "Sorry, I'm a bit unsteady."

"No problem. I think I'll use the john while you fix our drinks." Dan went into the bathroom. Leaning over, balanced by his hands on the vanity, he said softly to his reflection in the mirror. "This is what dreams are made of. Please let it come true." Thinking how sappy his words were, he splashed cold water on his face and then buried his face in the small hand towel, muffling his groan of sexual frustration. He gently pushed down on his erect manhood, willing it to soften so he could go back into the bedroom. After a few seconds of thinking of a naked Miley Cyrus, his mission was accomplished. 'Hard on', gone.

"Here you go. Thank goodness I had a little ice in the refrigerator in my office." Jeff was sitting on the leather couch in front of the fireplace.

Dan sat down on the other end, taking his drink from Jeff. "This fire feels great. Nothing like a nice fire and good company after a long day."

"I'll take that as a compliment, sir. I've got some crackers and chips in the credenza in my office if you're hungry, or I'll go down to the kitchen and make us a sandwich."

"How about we stay right here and you tell me why a guy as gorgeous as you has gotten this far in life, and not been snapped up by someone?" Dan's question was as genuine as it was curious.

"What makes you think that I don't have someone one?"

Dan all but scoffed before saying, "You're not the type to cheat. On top of that, it was my arms that held you while you poured out your soul to me a while ago. Where did all that come from anyway? Is this a way of getting me into bed or what? If so, I commend your performance."

Hiding his hurt, Jeff decided to show his hand like Brant advised. "I thought I was in love one time in my life. It was with my straight college roommate. I had wet dreams about him at night, and was like a lovesick teen during the day when I was around him. He went home with me over Christmas break and three years later he married my sister. How's that for a sob story? He got a degree in Agriculture just like I did. When my grandfather died eight years ago, I inherited his cattle ranch in Texas and this lodge. My sister and Mason run the ranch for me, and I stay here at the lodge. They send me financial statements every quarter, and we communicate by skyping. My infatuation with Mason took a nose dive the first time I saw him in a lip lock with my sister. I moved from our dorm into an apartment off campus. To this day, he has no idea that I once harbored romantic feelings for him, and my sister certainly doesn't know. It's all worked out for the best."

"Wow, that's quite a story. Wish mine was that interesting. My dad kicked me out of the house when I came out. Grandfather took me in; made sure I got an education, and took my dad out of his will for throwing away his only child. My mom and dad moved to south Florida after Grandfather died two years ago. After hearing the will, I took what money I got immediately upon his demise and invested it. As you know, I come into the rest of his estate when I turn twenty five which is in seven days. I will have my Masters in May, so I feel that I've accomplished everything on my own. My Grandfather was my moral support, applauding my independent nature."

Jeff studied Dan's face as he talked. There was no arrogance as he talked, just a matter of factness. He admired the young man for what he had done without the support of his parents. "What do you plan on doing after you get your Masters?"

"I met a guy over the summer in Toronto. I'd gone up there with my best friend Lena. Her folks own a string of restaurants in the area. We waited tables during the week, and just hung out on the weekends. Matt was one of the waiters at the restaurant. He asked me to come back to Toronto next summer. He will be finishing culinary school in January, and has a job as the head chef in one of Lena's parent's restaurants. It's just that I don't think I have the feelings for Matt that he's indicated he has for me. We have skyped off and on, and he even flew down over spring break for three days. Just not sure if the chemistry is there." Dan picked at the flannel material on his leg. "So, I guess you might say it's up in the air at the moment. Of course, after the first of the year, I'll have to get a financial advisor to work with me for a while."

Trying not to look jealous or disappointed, Jeff stared into the fire, the thought of Dan with another man made his stomach hurt. "We better get some rest. Laundry duty for us in the morning, and another night behind the bar tomorrow night."

Dan got up and went in the bathroom. He poured the ice out of his glass. After rinsing the glass, he set it on the counter and reached for his toothbrush. His thoughts buzzed round and round in his head as he brushed his teeth. Why hadn't Jeff talked about their kiss? What's all the emotional turmoil that he seems to be fighting? Finished brushing his teeth, he rinsed his mouth and turned to see Jeff standing in the door of the bathroom holding a towel and his sweat pants. "Good night, Jeff."

Jeff regarded him silently for a moment. He reached out and touched his face lightly with two fingers. "Night, Dan. See you in the morning."

***

"Oh shit! It’s almost seven-thirty. Get up old man." Dan shook Jeff’s shoulder. "Breakfast is almost over. If you want to eat, you better hit the floor."

Jeff opened one eye, eyeing the shirtless Dan. Dan’s jeans were unfastened, and his feet were bare. "I’m not an old man. How long have you been up anyway, and why did you wait until now to wake me?"

"I got up and slipped on my jeans, and was going to go downstairs to get a couple of pieces of firewood when I realized it was light outside and looked at the time. You forgot to set the alarm!"

"Yeah, yeah, blame it on me kid! You could have set the alarm yourself!"

"Just get up already." Dan went into the bathroom and started washing his face and brushing his teeth.

Jeff walked through the open door, staring at Dan for a split second before making up his mind what he was going to do. The two of them had never shared the bathroom at the same time, so this was as good a time as any to break the pattern. Taking "little man" out of his sweats, he preceded to relieve himself, seeming oblivious to Dan.

Dan’s hand stopped brushing. Looking in the mirror, he could see the reflection of Jeff standing in front of the toilet, and his morning wood shooting a strong stream into the water below. He felt his own stiffness return that he’d just gotten under control before waking Jeff. "Quiet impressive old man. Who would’ve thought you’d sport such a good one at your age?"

"Kid, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. A few strokes and this bad boy would put on another inch or two."

Dan laughed, spitting toothpaste onto the mirror. He turned and openly stared at Jeff as he stroked himself to an even longer hardness. "You’re going to make us late. Put that thing away and quit showing off."

"You like it and you know it." Jeff slid his sweat pants off, opened the shower doors, letting his woody bob up, and down, unfazed.

Hurriedly, Dan rinsed his mouth and went back into the bedroom to finish dressing and calm down his libido. Eight inches of smooth, hard meat had his mouth watering and his cock dripping. Cursing when he saw the wet spot on the front of his jeans, he kicked them off and found another pair in the closet.

Jeff chuckled as he walked back into the room. "Cum spot huh? See what this old man can do?"

Dan pulled the other pair of jeans on, and then grabbed his blue sweatshirt, pulling it over his head. "I’ll see you downstairs, stud."

As he finished dressing, Jeff mentally patted himself on the back for his bravado. He couldn’t wait to tell Brant. Oh hell, Brant was downstairs and would see the two of them come down late. Jeff pulled on his socks, slipped his boots on, brushed his teeth, and ran his fingers through his wet hair, not taking time to dry it. He took the stairs two at a time, trying not to blush when he saw Brant sitting in front of the fire, nursing a cup of coffee and talking to Dan.

"It’s about time. I’ve already called Old Joe. He’s going to pick me up in a little while and take me to get my truck. You must’ve had a helluva night!" Brant teased Jeff, loving the redness staining the man’s cheeks as he stood there in front of Brant and Dan.

"I need coffee. I’ll be right back." Jeff started toward the dining area when the touch of Dan’s hand on his arm stopped him.

"I’ll get us both a cup. You want yours black, right? Sit down and visit with Brant. Be back in a few."

Jeff plopped down on the couch opposite Brant, trying to act normal, but feeling like a giddy teenager. "It was a start. But, that’s all."

"Well, you’ve got to start somewhere. Hope it works out for the two of you. He’s a nice, handsome young man, if I may say so myself." Brant’s tone was honest and supportive.

"You may call him anything you want. Just remember, he’s mine. I mean, hopefully mine."

Dan walked up as Jeff murmured his last sentence. He handed Jeff his cup of coffee and asked. "What’s yours?"

Brant cleared his throat before replying. "He’s scared he’s going to run out of firewood, so he lays claim to it all until I refuse to let him buy anymore. I’ve got other customers besides Mr. Greedy here. He needs to learn to cut wood."

"Oh, he can cut wood. He and I cut three or four loads last year. It would take us awhile, but it was fun, although a lot of work."

"You did, huh? Didn’t know Jeff had it in him!" Brant winked at Dan, ignoring Jeff.

"I think I hear Old Joe’s rig pulling up. I’ll see you out Brant." Jeff stood, waiting for Brant to get up.

"See you later, Dan. Get Jeff to bring you over to the house on one of your evenings off. I play the harmonica, and he says you play the guitar. We’ll make some music."

"Brant, quit running your mouth, and go." Jeff all but pushed the older man out the front door, wanting to throttle him for making it known that Jeff had talked to him about Dan often.

***

After lunch, and several loads of laundry later, Dan went to the room to get his coat, intending to get out for some fresh air. He opened the door, thinking Jeff was still downstairs with the new lodgers that checked in earlier. Walking to the closet, he heard noise coming from the open bathroom door. He didn’t have to see anything to know what was going on in there. The heavy breathing and low moans told its own story. He found himself rubbing the front of his jeans as he listened to the hissing sounds coming out of Jeff’s mouth. When the breaths became faster and louder, Dan turned to leave, feeling like he’d invaded Jeff’s privacy. Jeff moaning his name stopped him dead in his tracks. He knew what he hoped may be true. His name on Jeff’s lips explained a lot about last night.

Hurrying silently out of the room and down the stairs, Dan went out the back door of the lodge. He didn’t stop until he was in the woods almost a quarter of a mile behind the lodge. Feeling like a horny teen, Dan took care of his own need, thinking of Jeff as he did so. Cleaning himself the best he could, he stuffed himself back into his jeans, sliding down the tree he was behind into the wet snow. For some reason, the sound of his name coming from Jeff’s mouth in the heat of the moment made him smile. Things were heating up at Diamond Lodge.

Jeff heard the sound of the door open as he stepped out of the shower. He wondered where Dan had been all afternoon. When he went down to grab something to eat after everyone had already had lunch, he’d expected to find Dan downstairs with the others. After seeing no sign of him, he began to worry. "Hey kid, I wondered where you got off too."

Dan smiled at Jeff’s choice of words. Deciding to use a shock tactic, he replied loudly to the voice coming from the bathroom. "I want in the woods to jerk off. Had to have some relief. We all get that way at times huh?"

Stepping out of the bathroom, wrapped only in a towel, Jeff looked at Dan’s face to see if he was as serious as his words sounded. "You’re not kidding are you?"

"There are three things I don’t kid about. They are love, sex, and money; in that order."

Jeff pulled a pair of boxers on before dropping the towel, pondering Dan’s words. He wished he could read Dan better. After watching him for the last couple of years, he should be better at it, but Dan never ceased to shock the hell out of him when he wasn’t prepared to respond.

"I’m going to grab a shower too. We have to be in the bar in less than an hour."

Jeff pulled on black jeans as Dan took off his blue ones, pulling his boxers down with them. Dan was semi-hard. Seeing Dan unselfconsciously run his hand up and down it a couple of times caused Jeff to grab a handful of the bedspread he sat on, and grit his teeth. His horniness was becoming unbearable since Dan had kissed him. Watching the younger man touch himself was making him lustfully insane.

Feeling Jeff’s eyes on him, Dan turned toward him and asked. "Is it against the rules for us to have one drink before work?" He kept stroking himself lightly as he talked, watching Jeff’s flushed face, and hands clutching the spread, looking like he was barely in control.

"I’m the boss. We can have one if we like. I’ll fix them while you get a shower." Jeff’s voice was gravelly with lust, causing Dan to harden to his full seven inches, moisture appearing on the tip of his manhood.

Dan went into the bathroom, leaving Jeff shocked and unbearably aroused.

Jeff went into his office, falling down into the chair and burying his head in his hands. Please don’t be just teasing me.

Ten minutes later, Dan emerged from the shower and wrapped a towel around his middle. He went into the bedroom to find Jeff sitting on the couch, staring into the fire. He pulled on his black jeans and white sweater. Grabbing his drink off the top of the dresser, he picked up his socks and went to sit beside Jeff, hoping to get him to talk. "Can I ask you a question and get an unabridged answer?"

"Sure. Can’t promise it’s what you want to hear though."

"What was last night about? My impression is that you are attracted to me. But, I’m not into just sex with someone. Tell me if I’m wrong." Dan turned to face Jeff, resting his left leg on the couch between them.

Brant’s words flashed through Jeff’s mind. "I’ve been attracted to you for the past couple of years. I was drawn to you the first year you worked here, but you were like a kid to me. So, I tried to take care of you and somewhere along the way, taking care turned into attraction. Yeah, there’s the sexual attraction, but I’d like for it to be more." He was relieved his voice didn’t waiver.

"You treated me like a kid and I was crushing on you like crazy. When you used to pat me on the back for something I did, I wanted to grab you and kiss the hell out of you. I figured that might show you that I wasn’t a kid. How old are you anyway?"

"That’s another thing, Dan. I’m thirty five, almost fourteen years older than you. These things have to be considered. You are a gorgeous man and I’m sure you have your choice of who you want to date. I’ll understand if you’re not comfortable with the idea of us."

Dan reached out to touch Jeff’s thigh, gently squeezing as he spoke. "Ok, since you’ve been honest, I’ll try to be also. The reason I couldn’t consider a serious relationship with the guy in Canada is because I wanted to see how this winter turned out here at the lodge. There were a couple of times through the years that I felt your interest, but thought I was imagining things. Since it was my last year to work here, I’d decided to tell you how I felt before I left this year. I didn’t have anything to lose except my ego. What I’m trying to say is this; I want to try this me and you thing. Whadda you say?"

"I say, let’s give it a go. I’ll go first," Jeff said excitedly. He reached and pulled Dan to him, kissing him like he’d wanted to kiss him for years. Hearing moans coming from Dan, Jeff pushed himself up from the couch and straddled the younger man. The only sound for the next few minutes was harsh breathing and moans. Pulling away from Dan’s mouth, Jeff leaned back to look at the swollen beautiful lips he’d just kissed. Gazing into the heated light of Dan’s green eyes, he said softly. "I’d love to do this all night, but we are due in the bar in ten minutes." Leaning in for one last kiss, he murmured against Dan’s lips. "I’m glad you agreed to try. You’ve made me a very happy and excited man."

Dan touched Jeff’s black hair as he spoke. "Me too."

***

The sound of music and singing greeted Jeff and Dan when they got to the top of the stairs. They looked down at the lodgers gathered around one of their own playing an electric keyboard, while another strummed away on a guitar. Looked like everyone was in the Christmas spirit.

"Cecil finally got the lights working on the garland. I forgot how great this place looks with all the decorations for the season."

Dan looked around at the garland adorning the stair rail and every other place that the girls could find a place to hang it. It was beautiful, but not as much as the man walking in front of him. He felt like he was going to cry with happiness. His emotions were so close to the surface that he wiped his eyes before anyone noticed the moisture in them. "Looks like the girls are dying to get from behind the bar and join in the fun." Dan smiled at the two women leaning across the bar so they could see and hear what was going on in the living room.

Jeff held up the door across the bar to let the excited girls out. "Go enjoy yourselves. After all, it’s just a little over two weeks until Christmas." After the girls got by, Jeff motioned for Dan to go in front of him.

Dan felt Jeff’s hand on his back as he walked through the space to get behind the bar. He turned when he heard Jeff put the counter down to see him wink, smiling. "What are you smiling about?"

"As if you didn’t know." He grabbed the wet rag the girls had washed out in the sink, and lightly popped Dan on the butt.

Looking around to make sure no one saw Jeff pop him, Dan said, "You did not just do that."

"Want me to do it again, so you’ll know I did it."

"Payback is going to take you by surprise old man."

"I’m not afraid of you kid. Bring it to this old man. I’ll handle you with kid gloves." He laughed at his own pun as he turned to wait on their first customer of the evening.

The bar stayed busy since everyone was in the holiday spirit. It was after midnight when Jeff shouted last call so that everyone could hear him above the music. After serving another round, they turned out the lights in the bar and joined the other workers and lodgers.

An hour or so later, Jeff nudged Dan and said softly. "I wish I could’ve taken you straight back to our room after work and assume our position on the couch. I didn’t want to be rude though."

"No problem. I knew what you were doing. But, I’m whooped. Rude or not, I’m headed upstairs to bed. See you in a bit." Dan touched Jeff lightly on the arm as he headed to the stairs.

Disappointed, Jeff wondered if Dan was thinking twice about their decision.

Less than an hour later, Jeff opened their bedroom door quietly, so he wouldn’t wake Dan. Glad for the light from the fire, he rummaged around in his drawer, finding a pair of flannel pants and a tee shirt. He went into the bathroom and closed the door before turning on one of the lights above the vanity. After a short shower, he brushed his teeth, turned out the light, and returned to the bedroom. Turning down the covers on his bed, he slid gratefully into his warm bed.

"I never thought I’d be grateful to be on firewood duty, but I am now since it means I don’t have to get up early in the morning."

Jeff jumped at the sound of Dan’s voice. "I thought you were sleeping."

"Nah, I was just watching you tiptoe around. It was kinda cute, seeing an old man like you tiptoe." Dan chuckled softly.

"Glad you found it amusing. Next time, I’ll turn on all the lights and make hells of noise. We’ll see how amusing you find that."

"Don’t get your panties in a wad. I was just kidding. What’s eating you anyway? You seemed to be having a great time when I came upstairs earlier." Dan propped himself up on his elbows, looking over at the older man.

"I’m fine. Just go to sleep. Like you said, we have firewood duty tomorrow."

Dan lay down, wondering what had gone wrong after he left Jeff earlier. Deciding to find out if he was the reason, he got up and walked over to the other bed and stared down at Jeff until he opened his eyes.

"What?"

"Move over. I’m cold."

Trying not to show his excitement, Jeff slid over, and then held up the covers for Dan to get in. After Dan settled in, Jeff turned over.

Dan scooted up to Jeff’s back, slid his arms around his waist, and pulled him close. Burying his face in the side of Jeff’s neck, he murmured. "All better now?"

"You just don’t know."

Within minutes, soft snores filled the room, firelight danced across the two men sleeping peacefully, content for the first time in years.

***

Waking up to a cold room, Jeff carefully crawled over Dan to add wood to the fire. He smiled, thinking they both slept so sound that neither awoke to fix the fire. Judging by the light coming in through the crack in the curtains, it was probably close to eight o’clock. He went into the study to fix coffee, then sat down on the bed next to Dan, whose auburn locks fell over his eyes in his sleep. Gently pushing them back, Jeff leaned down and kissed Dan’s nose lightly, smiling when Dan reached up to scratch it. Leaning in again, he touched his lips to Dan’s ear, forcing his tongue inside.

"Don’t stop. This is the best wakeup call I’ve had in a long time." Turning his head so that Jeff could have access to his neck, Dan hissed when he felt the warm tongue leave a trail of moistness down it. "If you don’t stop, you’ll have to do more than that. I’m serious," he whispered huskily.

"Sounds delicious. Where do you want me to start?" Jeff leaned back to find Dan’s eyes half closed with lust, his breathing erratic and hot.

Looking at Jeff, Dan turned onto his back, pulling him over. Raising his body to meet Jeff’s, no words were needed to answer the question.

Feeling as if his body fit perfectly against Dan’s, Jeff began to move against him, finding a rhythm effortlessly. The pressure of Dan’s groin against his, and the heat caused by the friction of the rutting had Jeff on the brink in minutes. Hearing Dan’s breathing hitch and then matching his rhythm to the faster movement of Dan’s body, Jeff felt like his soul exploded, emitting a pleasure to his body that brought him to tears. Hearing Dan moan his name as his body stiffened and he reached the peak of his orgasm sent the tears streaming down his face.

Dan lay still, in awe of what had just happened between them. Running his hands through Jeff’s sweaty, damp black hair, he wondered if this was going to change things between them.

"You’re thinking too much. Don’t over analyze something this beautiful. Please?"

Nodding his head, Dan put his arms around Jeff, nuzzling his chest as he spoke. "As much as I don’t want to, we have to get up and face the day. Do you want the shower first?"

"Sure, I’ll make it quick. There’s coffee in the office. Pour me a cup if you don’t mind." Jeff got up and went in the bathroom and turned on the shower, not bothering to close the door. He felt Dan watching him strip and step into the shower. He would’ve given his right arm to know what was going through the younger man’s mind.

Sneaking one last peak at Jeff’s cute ass as he stepped into the shower, Dan went into the office to pour two cups of coffee. Returning to the bedroom, he felt the stickiness of his crotch. Instead of feeling dirty, a feeling of warmth enveloped him, knowing Jeff was the cause of it. He walked into the bathroom and set both cups of coffee on the vanity before relieving himself in the toilet. Smirking, he flushed and giggled when he heard Jeff screech when the water changed. "Oops, sorry. I forgot."

Opening the door, Jeff stepped from the shower and said, "Sure you did. I’ll get you back though." He strode over to the vanity to get his coffee, aware of Dan watching him over the top of his coffee cup as he drank from it. After taking a drink of his coffee, he turned to see Dan holding out a towel to him. "Aren’t you going to shower? You’re not turning shy on me now are you?" Noticing the bulge in the front of Dan’s flannels, he realized why he hadn’t started undressing. "I better go get dressed and get downstairs. The others are going to wonder what happened to us." He turned to leave the bathroom but not before he popped Dan in the ass with his towel causing him to howl, and the front of his flannels to visibly shrink some.

***

The next week and a half was busy, but fun. Jeff and Dan shared a bed most nights, but that was it. Not wanting to scare Dan away, Jeff didn’t push the sex issue. He knew his feelings, but he wanted Dan to be sure of his own. Four days before Christmas things came to a head.

"Are you going down to eat dinner?" Dan toweled dried his hair as he spoke.

Already showered and dressed, Jeff was sitting on the end of the bed, staring into the fire. "I’ll be down in a little while. You go ahead."

Trying not to look hurt, Dan threw the towel into the hamper, fingered through his hair and walked out the door without looking back. Jeff had been acting strange for the last couple of days and he couldn’t figure out why. Instead of sitting down at one of the tables to eat, he sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. A few minutes later, he turned when he heard Jeff’s voice.

"Drake! What are you doing here? Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?" Jeff pulled the beautiful blonde man into his arms, lightly kissing his cheek as he did so.

Trying to keep his cool, Dan watched the other man hug Jeff back before kissing Jeff on the lips. It wasn’t a chaste hello kiss either. Dan was seething by this time. Ordering another drink, he turned to see the two me coming toward him.

"Dan, this is Drake Bradley, an old friend of mine. We went to college together." Jeff looked puzzled when Dan didn’t hold out his hand.

"Evidently, he wasn’t the roommate. If so, your sister would be pissed." Dan knew he sounded petty, but didn’t care. Sliding off the stool, he walked around the two men and went into the living room where several of the lodgers were gathered around the keyboard again, singing. Seeing the guitar laying idle, he picked it up and began to play along with the keyboard, losing himself in the music.

"Don’t you sing, Dan?" Brent had worked the last two years at the lodge with Dan, and they’d played music together a few times.

"Sure, what do you want to hear?" Dan strummed his guitar, waiting for someone to suggest a song.

"Do you know Baby its Cold Outside, Brent asked?" Seeing Dan nod his head, he started the introduction, smiling as Dan’s clear, husky voice rose above the music.

Dan and Brent’s voice blended perfectly. The other lodgers stopped talking to listen to the two men. After they finished the first song, they went straight into All I Want for Christmas is You.

Jeff felt chills go down his back when he heard Dan singing. He knew before he got up and walked to the door of the bar to look into the living room it was him. Dan sat with his eyes closed as he sang, his fingers expertly strumming the guitar. The sight alone made Jeff’s heart go to his throat, and Dan’s sexily tinged vocals went straight to his groin. Jeff couldn’t tear his eyes from him.

"Looks like my hope of some great sex for old time’s sake isn’t going to happen. You’ve gone and fallen off the deep end." Drake sighed, watching Jeff stare at the young guy.

Not even bothering to turn his head Jeff said adamantly. "That’s the only man I want to have sex with. I’ve just got to make him see that, and more."

"Well, it he can’t see it, he’s blind. That’s all I’ve got to say. He’s one lucky son of a bitch too. You’re quite the catch. Let me be the first to wish you the best." Blake put his hand on Jeff’s shoulder, squeezing it as he spoke.

Dan opened his eyes when he finished the song, to see Jeff looking at him, and Blake’s hand on Jeff’s shoulder. He watched Jeff nod his head at Blake. Laying the guitar down, he walked toward the other two men, intent on having his say.

"Looks like he’s coming over. Let’s see if he feels the same as you." Blake turned Jeff toward him.

Jeff was surprised when he felt Blake turn him around, kissing him before he had a chance to pull away. Pushing Blake from him, he saw Dan turn around and all but run out the front door of the lodged. Not even bothering to look at Blake, he ran out the door behind him, not caring what the lodgers thought. They’d know the truth soon enough if he had his way.

***

For the first time in a long time, Jeff was glad there were several inches of snow on the ground. Dan’s footprints were easy to follow. He’d gone around the side of the lodge and was headed toward the woods. Jeff shouted his name, but he never looked back.

Dan ran into the cover of the trees, looking for a place out of Jeff’s sight to stop and rest. The cold was beginning to penetrate the sweatshirt he had on. Luckily, his boots had kept his feet dry. His hands were freezing as was his face. He looked from behind the tree, finding himself face to face with Jeff.

"Are you crazy or do you have a death with. You don’t have on a coat, hat, or anything." Jeff reached, shaking Dan before he thought.

Shrugging out of Jeff’s hands, Dan said angrily. "I’m not a damn kid. You don’t have to shake me. Save all the physical stuff for Blake."

"Blake is nothing to me. He was just..."

"Just what? Boyfriend? Fuck buddy? Tell me, Jeff! What is he? Looked like he is more than just an old friend to me. Old friends don’t stick their tongue down each other’s throats." Dan held angry tears in check as he spoke.

Jeff knew he had to tell the truth. "Look, as bad as we need to, and as much as I want to have this conversation, could we please go back to our room? We’re both freezing to death."

Dan hesitated, but then started walking back toward the lodge, having enough of his wits about him to be logical. "You’re right." He just kept walking, jerking his hand when he felt Jeff’s finger’s brush it as they walked in silence.

When they started inside, Jeff said, "Go on up, and I’ll get us a drink. There’s something I need to do." He watched Dan walk up the stairs before walking to the bar and ordering the drinks, requesting the bottle of liquor and two cokes to go along with it. Grabbing a tray off the bar, he put everything on it. Walking through the living room, he spotted Blake talking to Brent. Not caring if he embarrassed Blake he stopped and said, "I want you out of here first thing in the morning. Your money will be refunded."

"Well I’ll be damned. You’re in love with the kid. Never thought an old rogue like you would settle for just one guy." Blake sounded more surprised than sarcastic, unfazed by being told to leave.

"Yeah, I am. I might get my heartbroken, but I am." Jeff walked away, feeling relief after admitting his feelings for Dan.

***

When Jeff got to the room, he found the door cracked. Pushing it with his foot, he made his way into the room, sitting the tray on the dresser. He pushed the door to and then took off his wet boots, followed by his jeans and shirt. He was rummaging in his drawer for dry flannels and a tee shirt when Dan walked out of the bathroom, wearing the same, and his feet covered in heavy socks. Picking up one of the drinks from the tray, he handed it to Dan, who silently took it, and made his way over to the sofa to sit down. Jeff got his dry clothes on, slipping his feet into his slippers before he got his drink and went to sit at the other end of the sofa.

"So, do you wanna tell me about Blake? The truth, please." Dan, still angry waited for Jeff to explain.

"I told you about being in love or in lust, whatever it was with my brother-in-law when we were roommates. Not to make any excuses for my behavior, but a guy can just take so much of watching their crush walk around naked and not get horny. So, I found a couple of guys that I found mutual gratification with, just for the sake of getting off. Blake was one of them."

"So, you were fuck buddies, or did it mean something when you slept together?"

"No! It was just sex. That’s all. No feelings were involved."

Dan’s eyes never left Jeff’s. "Blake looked like he would like more from you."

"I think he was just trying to make you jealous. Evidently, he succeeded."

Feeling his face flush, Dan knew there wasn’t any use in denying it. "I’ve still got a semester of college left. When I leave here next month, we may not see each other for weeks and I’ve seen what that can do to a relationship. There’s other options, but I don’t know how invested you are in this relationship. I know that when you touch me there are feelings inside me that I’ve never experienced before. Good feelings. I cringe at the thought of having sex, not being what you want and everything falling apart." Dan ran his finger around the rim of his glass, before continuing. "You told me you’ve had feelings for me for a while and I’ve been attracted to you since the first time I came here. You’ve been the subject of thoughts in bed night after night when I tend to the needs of my body. I guess I’m just not sure that you want this as bad as I do. If it’s sex you want, than just say so."

"Yeah, I want sex." Jeff leaned forward and put his hand over Dan’s heart. "I want this also, all of it. Pulling away from me is not going to make our relationship go forward. I’m not saying have sex every time we get in that bed. But, learning each other’s bodies needs and desires is a good place to start.. Then, we make love. If you want all these things, then we’ll get to the point where you have no doubt how much I want you."

Scooting over closer to Jeff Dan whispered in Jeff’s ear. "I want all of that too."

There was a loud knock at the door. Jeff got up and opened it, not expecting to see Brant standing there.

"I just delivered your other wood. Also, one of your guys helped me, and after I filled the wood box downstairs, we took care of all the rooms. Seems they think you two are having a lover’s spat. Everyone can see but the two of you. Take the blinders off already. It’s Christmas!" Brant laughed, waving off Jeff’s thanx and off of a check for payment. "Merry Christmas. See you Christmas Eve for the party."

Dan’s asked bravely as Jeff shut the door. "Can we start lessons now? I’m ready. How about you?"

"I thought you’d never ask."

***

Christmas Day was miserably cold. Many of the lodgers slept in after the Christmas Eve party hadn’t ended until the wee hours of the morning.

Jeff was stoking the fire when Dan woke. "What was all the noise you were making earlier? We filled the wood box yesterday."

Jeff smiled as he turned. "That was Santa you heard. Don’t you want to get up and see what he left?"

Sliding from under the covers, Dan padded over to the Christmas tree, seeing nothing there that wasn’t there the day before. The book he’d wrapped for Jeff was there, and a bottle of Jeff’s favorite bourbon stood against the wall in a sparkly bag. There was the other small gift that he assumed was Jeff’s gift to him. "I don’t see anything."

"Look in the office."

Dan looked in the door of the office. A new desk and chair was facing Jeff’s desk from the opposite side of the room. A new computer, printer, and anything else one would need sat on the desk and credenza that lined the wall behind it. "What is all of this?"

Jeff pulled Dan against him from behind and said, "You wondered how bad I wanted you here, so this is how bad. If you want, you can finish college online. It’s entirely up to you. Just know, I want you here every day when I wake, and I want your body against mine every night."

"I would like nothing more than to be with you all the time, Jeff." Dan turned and pulled the older man into his arms, showing him just how much he wanted to be with him. "I didn’t get you much for Christmas, Jeff."

"Haven’t you figured it out yet kid? All I want for Christmas is you."

The snow fell outside the window, flakes dancing to the sound of the beautiful music coming from the two men as they made love.

Make my wish come true. Baby, all I want for Christmas is You

Finis

Copyright © 2013 joann414; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Bravo!!! One of the best stories I have ever read. I was consumed by the emotions flitting between Dan and Jeff. True emotions that surface only when there is true love. I wanted to read more. I needed more, and that is the thing with a great story, sometimes there is no more. All the ingredients are there. The promise to entertain with your words, the hook, the great doubt, the negative antagonist, Jeff's confidant. The ending was pure bliss, and there were moments of sheer Genius. Don't let fear rule your heart. Brilliant line. I absolutely enjoyed this, and even had a lump in my throat.

You absolutely rock.

Link to comment
On 12/24/2013 07:04 AM, LJH said:
Bravo!!! One of the best stories I have ever read. I was consumed by the emotions flitting between Dan and Jeff. True emotions that surface only when there is true love. I wanted to read more. I needed more, and that is the thing with a great story, sometimes there is no more. All the ingredients are there. The promise to entertain with your words, the hook, the great doubt, the negative antagonist, Jeff's confidant. The ending was pure bliss, and there were moments of sheer Genius. Don't let fear rule your heart. Brilliant line. I absolutely enjoyed this, and even had a lump in my throat.

You absolutely rock.

Wow! I rushed trying to finish this story, knowing I probably left glaring mistakes and then read this review! Thank you so much! I loved my guys and like to think there is love like that out there. Thanks for reading Louis
  • Like 1
Link to comment

So Joann your story put me in an absolutely wonderful mood for the holidays. So much love and promise, and the ending, I couldn't help smiling at the end. Great holiday story, I love it!!

Link to comment

I'm teary eyed darling. This is a beautiful Christmas story of torn hearts and hurt with eventual acceptance and opening of hearts. The interplay even though they knew about the others interest was so real. We may know what others desire and still have those fears.

You did an amazing job of relaying the self doubts and perverse emotions of real people. Brava! I bow to you. And wipe my eyes. Thank you.

Link to comment

what? no sex? That was almost cruel.

honestly though, very nice, sweet, romantic, super cute. a job very well done. i like that it ends with the promise of the future.

Link to comment
On 12/24/2013 07:25 AM, lilansui said:
So Joann your story put me in an absolutely wonderful mood for the holidays. So much love and promise, and the ending, I couldn't help smiling at the end. Great holiday story, I love it!!
Nothing is more rewarding than putting a smile on someone's face. Thanks so much for the review Sui:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/24/2013 04:47 PM, Cole Matthews said:
I'm teary eyed darling. This is a beautiful Christmas story of torn hearts and hurt with eventual acceptance and opening of hearts. The interplay even though they knew about the others interest was so real. We may know what others desire and still have those fears.

You did an amazing job of relaying the self doubts and perverse emotions of real people. Brava! I bow to you. And wipe my eyes. Thank you.

Tears of joy, I hope. Such a sweet review coming from such a wonderful writer. Thanks Cole for taking the time to read and review:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/24/2013 06:05 PM, Dolores Esteban said:
Rough and genuine emotions. I'm glad everything turned out well.

(The 'naked Miley Cyrus'. The Image made me laugh. So true.)

Lol, Delores. The Miley Cyrus deal just popped in my mind. I love happy endings, but I tend to give my characters a bumpy ride along the way. Thanks for reading and reviewing:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/24/2013 08:08 PM, Sasha Distan said:
what? no sex? That was almost cruel.

honestly though, very nice, sweet, romantic, super cute. a job very well done. i like that it ends with the promise of the future.

Funny you should say that Sasha. When I originally wrote one of the scenes, there was much more explicit sex. I asked a friend of mine here his opinion on the matter of sex in a Christmas story. He told me to go with my heart, so I did. Maybe next time, I'll write sex, just for you:) Thanks for the review:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Loved this story, Jo Ann! :)

 

I'm so glad they had a happy ending!

 

It must be so hard for each of them, pining over the other and they each didn't know. (does that even make sense? lol) I'm glad they were able to finally admit their feelings and to one another.

 

I was a bit confused with Dan being almost twenty-two, but then he told Jeff he was turning twenty-five in a week...but that part wasn't important to the story. The emotions and the love between Dan and Jeff - that's what was important.

 

I was so sorry the chapter ended! It'd be great for a sequel...(hint, hint. :))

Link to comment
On 12/25/2013 04:38 PM, Suvitar said:
Lovely story and I liked the happy ending :*)
Thank you so much for reading and reviewing:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/25/2013 05:22 PM, Lisa said:
Loved this story, Jo Ann! :)

 

I'm so glad they had a happy ending!

 

It must be so hard for each of them, pining over the other and they each didn't know. (does that even make sense? lol) I'm glad they were able to finally admit their feelings and to one another.

 

I was a bit confused with Dan being almost twenty-two, but then he told Jeff he was turning twenty-five in a week...but that part wasn't important to the story. The emotions and the love between Dan and Jeff - that's what was important.

 

I was so sorry the chapter ended! It'd be great for a sequel...(hint, hint. :))

Thanks, Lisa! If didn't even notice the age deal. Thanks for telling me. So glad you enjoyed it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ok If that isn't worth being made into a movie, I don't know what is. And also, hubby must have had many sleepless nights because of you from the reaction of writing that... I mean it's HOT! But, beyond all that is the fact that, this is a very honest story; no flashy fairy tale, no soul mate bonding, no Christmas miracle, just sweet simple romance! I missed your amazing humor a bit, but given the tone of this story, Comedy would have been very hard to fit in with out turning it into a cliche. This story catches the essence of Christmas; To be generous & to know what to be thankful for. Great story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You bring us such an endearing story, Joann. From fumbling beginnings between Jeff and Dan, and on through to a possibly bright new future, you have captured much of the uncertainties of not knowing exactly where one stands. Does he, doesn't he and what does my heart tell me? The classic conundrum! Thank you.

Link to comment

A lovely well written love story Joann! I am sorry it took me this long to get to read it, but I am sure you understand the time demands of holiday and family.

The absolute only thing I would change about this story is that I would have read it sooner!

Link to comment
On 12/27/2013 06:09 AM, asamvav111 said:
Ok If that isn't worth being made into a movie, I don't know what is. And also, hubby must have had many sleepless nights because of you from the reaction of writing that... I mean it's HOT! But, beyond all that is the fact that, this is a very honest story; no flashy fairy tale, no soul mate bonding, no Christmas miracle, just sweet simple romance! I missed your amazing humor a bit, but given the tone of this story, Comedy would have been very hard to fit in with out turning it into a cliche. This story catches the essence of Christmas; To be generous & to know what to be thankful for. Great story.
Thanks Asam! It would be a romantic, feel good movie. Thanks for the review:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/27/2013 02:26 PM, Ron said:
You bring us such an endearing story, Joann. From fumbling beginnings between Jeff and Dan, and on through to a possibly bright new future, you have captured much of the uncertainties of not knowing exactly where one stands. Does he, doesn't he and what does my heart tell me? The classic conundrum! Thank you.
Thanks Ron. I'm a sucker for romance and angst, heading to a happing ending.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/28/2013 12:16 AM, Kitt said:
A lovely well written love story Joann! I am sorry it took me this long to get to read it, but I am sure you understand the time demands of holiday and family.

The absolute only thing I would change about this story is that I would have read it sooner!

Definitely understand the holidays demands and time grabbers. Thanks for taking out time to read and review my story, Kitt:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

running-around-smiley-emoticon.gifRead this story 3 times or more :whistle: and I love it :) The "naked Miley Cyrus" commenet Always makes me smile ! running-around-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well done - Good job !!

:hug:

Link to comment
On 12/30/2013 01:17 AM, Slytherin said:
running-around-smiley-emoticon.gifRead this story 3 times or more :whistle: and I love it :) The "naked Miley Cyrus" commenet Always makes me smile ! running-around-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well done - Good job !!

:hug:

Thanx Dang Bear. You comment made me smile.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Awwwwww Jo Ann, love it. I know I'm late reading this, but I wanted to take my time and I didn't have any until now. It so was worth the wait. I could celebrate all over again. You should write more. Maybe a multi chapter thingy? :P Ha!

Link to comment
On 12/31/2013 04:09 AM, aditus said:
Awwwwww Jo Ann, love it. I know I'm late reading this, but I wanted to take my time and I didn't have any until now. It so was worth the wait. I could celebrate all over again. You should write more. Maybe a multi chapter thingy? :P Ha!
So glad you took the time to read it Addy. Glad you liked it and maybe soon, I'll get a multi chaptered going, when my friend does:P lol
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I can't ask for more than a beautiful romantic story to begin my day with and this story was way more than that. I liked Jeff and Dan a lot. Despite their age difference their chemistry was great with each other. Well the guys should thank that old 'friend' of Jeff, sure they had feelings for each other but because of him they were able to confess it in proper clear words. It was a simple, sweet story with no heavy dose of drama, I loved it.

 

Great Job, Jo Ann and thanks for sharing this story with us and yes, Happy new Year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..