Jump to content
    K.C.
  • Author
  • 1,979 Words
  • 9,415 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Pour Me Another - 19. Movie night in the park

Tyler stumbled away from the doorbell when Michael swung open the door with more force than was necessary. The guy quickly glanced at the silver numbers mounted beside the doorframe and then back to Michael. His eyebrows furrowed. “Is Milo home?” Tyler asked while another man walked up the hallway and joined him outside the open door.

“What’s going on, babe?” The newcomer asked, looking back and forth between Michael and Tyler still staring at each other. “Did you check the address that Milo sent you? Are you sure we’re at the right place?”

“Great, the gang’s all here, so let the party from hell begin.” Michael’s words dripped with sarcasm.

Tyler and his friend looked confused. “Come on in and make yourself at home. Milo’s in the kitchen with Ian and the rest of the guests are in the living room.” Michael’s face remained stone cold as he stepped back and waved them inside with a grand gesture.

“Thanks, man.” Tyler grabbed his friend’s hand and quickly slipped past Michael into the condo.

“This might be the right place, but it sure as hell is the wrong fucking time,” Michael muttered. Instead of making his way back inside to rejoin the party, Michael pulled the door closed behind him, making a fast getaway.

~~~~

The music volume increased when Asher opened the condo door. He leaned into the hall and shouted Michael’s name, “Mikie?” The rest of the building was quiet as Asher stepped all the way into the hallway in time to see Michael walking away. It wasn’t his polo shirt or even the snug fitting, faded denim jeans hugging his ass that got his heart racing, it was the flash of Michael’s dark brown hair as he disappeared around the corner.

“Michael, please wait,” Asher called to him. When he didn’t stop, Asher started running after him. Reaching the elevator, Asher helplessly watched Michael latch the steel cage closed in the old fashion freight elevator. Hurt flashed across Michael’s handsome face.

“Baby, don’t go.” Asher pleaded through the gate as the elevator started to descend. “Ian can be a real asshole. I’m sorry that he said those things. Just please give me a chance to make it up to you.”

Rubbing his trembling fingers over his face, Michael’s smile was forced. His eyes were red rimmed and the skin along his neck was peppered with angry blotchy marks raised from embarrassment. “You should go back to the party with your friends--”

“Oh hell no! I don’t want to be with them, Mike, I want to be with you!” Asher shouted as Michael moved farther away. The old rickety elevator moved slowly.

Michael shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe Ian is right. Maybe this is just a passing phase and you would be better off without me...” Michael’s words trailed off as he disappeared down the darkened shaft.

“Michael!” Asher shouted. “No! Michael!”

Racing down the emergency stairs, Asher took the steps two at a time. He was out of breath when he reached the lobby before the ancient elevator. The sound of groaning metal announced the arrival of the antique lift. Michael unlocked the door and slid the bars back coming face to face with Asher.

“I’m not letting you go that easy,” Asher said, catching Michael by his wrist and pulling him into his arms. “I don’t need someone trying to analyze what is going on between us. As long as it works for us, then it’s nobody’s business, except ours.”

Michael closed his eyes and took a steady breath. When he opened them, Asher saw fear in his dark eyes. “Does he really think that I’m a horrible person, that I would hurt you on purpose?”

Asher leaned closer. His breath mingled with Michael’s. “Almost every gay guy has dealt with someone who’s in the closet, someone scared to death of having their secrets discovered--”

“But I’d never hurt you, Ash,” Michael growled.

“Not intentionally, Mike, but I know guys who try to straddle the lines. They want a wife and kids at home and still want to go out and fuck dudes in the nightclub bathroom until the sun comes up.”

The muscles corded in Michael’s neck. His body stiffened, listening to Asher explain Ian’s point of view. “I can understand that jackass’s concerns, but to convict me of a crime I haven’t committed yet, on the fat chance that I might fuck you and leave you someday is a real shitty thing to do.”

“I agree.”

“And inviting Tyler was also a punk-ass move,” Michael said clutching his hands into fists.

Asher winked as he confessed, “You’re right, it was a dick move to invite him, but that wicked right hook of yours totally evened out the score.”

Michael’s expression softened as a grin appeared on his handsome face. His eyelids fluttered into a sexy look that got Asher’s blood pumping. “Well, the night is still young, what do you want to do?”

“I take it returning to the party is out of the question?” Asher teased.

“That’s totally not happening, Mr. Burkhart.” Michael snorted.

“Well then, Mr. Waters,” Asher said, lacing his fingers with Michael’s while pulling him towards the front door of the building, “Let’s see where this night leads us.”

~~~~~

“Are you coming or not?” Asher breathlessly spoke over his shoulder to Michael.

“Yes, just hold on for a second…I’m almost there.” Michael smiled as he jogged, closing the space between him and Asher walking further down the street. It was early evening, yet the streets were completely empty.

“Dude, look at you, get some food in your belly and suddenly you’re a changed man.” Asher grinned. His hair blew around his forehead when the evening breeze began to blow. He turned on his heels and walked backwards so he could face Michael trailing behind.

Rubbing his stomach, Michael told him, “Have I told you that I love Thai food? That was a perfect choice for dinner, but I’m still sorry about you missing the party tonight.”

“I’m not. Ian was being an ass, and besides, this way I get you all to myself, and I don’t have to feel guilty about it,” Asher said winking at Michael.

Even with summer drawing to an end, it was still a warm evening. A strong and steady wind blew, whipping between the buildings in Onyx Hills. The air had been muggy earlier in the evening when they headed across town to the party, but after the sun disappeared into the horizon, the temperature started to drop and the wind picked up.

As they rounded the next corner, they were hit with the heavy scent of popcorn. Lights suddenly flickered in the night sky. As they got closer to the park, the flashes were joined by the sounds of laughter.

Asher’s eyes lit up. “Tonight must be ‘Movie Night in the Park.’ That explains why all the streets are empty. Everyone’s at the park.” He grabbed Michael’s hand and hurried them towards the flurry of activity across the street.

Food vendors were selling every tasty snack from hotdogs and pretzels to fresh popped popcorn, but the largest crowd was surrounding the ice cream stand. Children happily licked their frozen treats before they melted into a milky mess.

Asher chuckled as he pulled Michael further along the jogging trail. “They are so sweet and innocent at that age.”

Michael nodded and agreed. “My sister has two little ones, Travis and Brady. They’re so much fun. I’ve always wanted--”

Asher interrupted Michael when he saw Mrs. Nguyen with a crowd of children sitting on the path. “Wow, Mrs. Nguyen, that is amazing.” Asher marveled when she looked up from her work. The beautiful butterfly on the young girl’s cheek looked like it had simply landed on the child’s face.

“Thank you, Asher,” The older woman beamed as she admired her creation. “I was an artist back in Vietnam.” She had a long line of children patiently waiting their turns to get their faces painted.

“Do you boys want to get your faces painted too?” She teased.

The tiny woman was one of the reasons Asher loved this neighborhood so much. She and so many of the residents of Onyx Hills made it a true community. “Maybe later,” Asher answered her with a wink.

Asher and Michael continued along the path to the main activity, near the center of the park. Dozens of blankets covered the sloping hillside. Parents snuggled with their children. Lovers held hands. The entire neighborhood watched the film projecting on a white screen secured to the high fencing surrounding the tennis courts.

The park’s usually bright lights were dimmed tonight. The diminished light cast long shadows, yet it still provided enough privacy to stroll through the park, hand in hand, without being noticed. Asher led Michael to the far side of the hill. It was a poor angle for viewing the movie, which left them secluded from the main crowd.

“This is so cool,” Michael said as they settled onto the grass. He didn’t pull his hand away from Asher’s, leaving their fingers twined together. It was the only connection between them as they sat watching several minutes of the movie in silence.

Asher made the first move. He inched closer until their outer thighs were pressed together from hip to knee. It was a simple touch, but touching Michael in public got Asher’s heart racing with excitement. Rubbing his thumb in a small circle across Michael’s moist palm, Asher grinned when he saw the man shudder.

The movement started slow, but when Asher suddenly unlocked their hands, Michael frowned. Before Michael could protest, Asher placed his hand on Michael’s thigh and squeezed.

“What the hell?” Michael sputtered as Asher’s fingers inched towards his groin.

“Do you want me to stop?” Asher whispered in the dark.

“No.” The word was a breathless plea.

Asher took that as approval to continue and rubbed his hand over the bulge forming in the front of Michael’s pants. Palming his erection had Michael’s breath coming in short gasps.

A flash of lightning instantly illuminated the sky followed by a loud clap of thunder. Several of the younger kids started crying. As parents soothed their frightened children, the sky unexpectedly opened up with a torrential downpour.

The park turned into a frantic rush of people fleeing the heavy rain. There was chaos surrounding them. Michael started to get up to follow the crowd, but Asher caught his wrist, pulling him back to the wet grass beside him. “Where do you think you’re going?” Asher teased, while warm droplets splashed overtop of them, soaking them, clinging their wet clothes to their bodies.

“It’s raining!”

“So?” Asher challenged. He tipped his face up to the sky and smiled.

“So?” Michael laughed. “I’m soaked. Even my underwear’s getting drenched.”

Asher playfully waggled his eyebrows. “Oooh, tempting! Is that an invitation to get you out of those wet clothes?”

Michael rolled his dark eyes. “Maybe, but not here.” He glanced up at the nearby trees. “We might scare the squirrels.”

Moving closer, Asher watched the rain washing over Michael’s handsome face. Water droplets clung to his dark eyelashes. A thick rain drop quivered before it fell from Michael’s nose and splashed over his plump red lips then raced down his chin, disappearing into the collar of his shirt. Asher was jealous. He wanted to trace that droplet along Michael’s skin to see where it led.

“You are so sexy,” Asher said, running his fingers through Michael’s soaked hair. Another clap of thunder shook the park. Both of them jumped from Mother Nature’s amazing display of power.

“What do you say we get out of here?” Michael’s dark eyes skimmed down Asher’s body.

Asher scrambled to his feet, pulling Michael with him. “Mr. Waters, I thought you would never ask.”

Yep, I'm back from vacation! B) B)  It was great spending some much needed time with my family, but now I'm ready to get back to writing.  I hope Chapter 18 was worth the wait.  I'd love to hear from you. Let me know what you think.
KC ^_^
Copyright © 2014 K.C.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 50
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That was too dang short after having a vacation. YOu should've at least let them get back to the apartment and have a little fun :P But, I have to hand it to you. It's great writing as always and looking forward to much more! MIchael is quite the tough guy. I like him. HOpe no one bothers Asher in his presenceLOL

Link to comment

It was definitely worth the wait. Ian might be Ash's friend but even he realizes that he could be underhand , so it was Ian's doing that Tyler was there. I think they had a much better night even with the abrupt ending of their movie than they ever would have at the party. I think Ash and Michael would have lost a bit of something if they had stayed at that party. I like these two men adn I hope they make it together. I am enjoying watching them grow and discover all these new things. A roller coaster ride without the vertigo lol. great chapter KC

Link to comment

Yea, a new chapter! Although that intro does make me seem about 40 years younger than I actually am, I was pretty excited to see the notification of a new chapter. The story has been great to read and the fact that you've not written one unbelievable anything and that your characters are fully realized and interesting makes waiting for vacations - not horribly bad. "Onwards", he said with a grin.

Link to comment

How did we ever survive without our "fix" of Asher and Michael? Especially liked Asher's thought about wanting to be the raindrop slowly sliding down Michael. Glad you had a good vacation.

Link to comment
On 08/20/2013 09:57 AM, charlieocho said:
How did we ever survive without our "fix" of Asher and Michael? Especially liked Asher's thought about wanting to be the raindrop slowly sliding down Michael. Glad you had a good vacation.
I'm glad that you survived without a fix...I can see you now on the street corner trying to score some chapters? Maybe a novella to hold you over? LOL :lol: You're too funny Charlie! Thanks for reading :) KC
Link to comment
On 08/20/2013 07:24 AM, Ron said:
Yea, a new chapter! Although that intro does make me seem about 40 years younger than I actually am, I was pretty excited to see the notification of a new chapter. The story has been great to read and the fact that you've not written one unbelievable anything and that your characters are fully realized and interesting makes waiting for vacations - not horribly bad. "Onwards", he said with a grin.
That's okay Ron, I've been known to squeal and dance around in circles when I've seen that a story that I'm following has posted a new chapter ((shhhhhh, don't tell anyone ;) ) I'm glad you're liking it. Now that vacation is over I'm focusing on writing and should have my Monday posting schedule back on track :) KC
Link to comment
On 08/20/2013 07:08 AM, carringtonrj said:
It's lovely to see you enjoying yourself with this story. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Richard for stopping by to read more of my story. I'm really having a great time with this story and had a wonderful time with my family while I was off, made it worth every moment! :hug: KC
Link to comment
On 08/20/2013 06:27 AM, Daithi said:
It was definitely worth the wait. Ian might be Ash's friend but even he realizes that he could be underhand , so it was Ian's doing that Tyler was there. I think they had a much better night even with the abrupt ending of their movie than they ever would have at the party. I think Ash and Michael would have lost a bit of something if they had stayed at that party. I like these two men adn I hope they make it together. I am enjoying watching them grow and discover all these new things. A roller coaster ride without the vertigo lol. great chapter KC
Yeah, I think staying at the party was totally out of the question. I'm glad the guys went off to do their own thing and hope that it gives Ian a chance to think about how he acted. I really like Asher's neighborhood. It makes me miss where I grew up :( ((sigh)) Thanks so much for reading. I'm glad it was worth the wait ;) KC
Link to comment

What a lovely scene at the end. I loved the rain and the sparks it made Asher feel when looking at Michael. Beautiful story that keeps getting better and better.

Link to comment
On 08/20/2013 06:26 AM, joann414 said:
That was too dang short after having a vacation. YOu should've at least let them get back to the apartment and have a little fun :P But, I have to hand it to you. It's great writing as always and looking forward to much more! MIchael is quite the tough guy. I like him. HOpe no one bothers Asher in his presenceLOL
I think I could give you a 5,000 word chapter Ms. JoAnn and you would still say too short! LOL :P thanks hon, for dropping by to check out the new chapter. There is sooo much more to come. (I think you will like it ;) )

 

 

*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY JoAnniepoo!!!!******** :lmao: xoxo KC ((should I run and hide now???))

Link to comment
On 08/20/2013 10:40 AM, Cole Matthews said:
What a lovely scene at the end. I loved the rain and the sparks it made Asher feel when looking at Michael. Beautiful story that keeps getting better and better.
Aww Thanks Cole! I really think I have grown as a writer with this story. I'm working on pacing and character development on a level that I've never done before. I hope that it comes through ;) I'm glad you're liking these guys! Thanks again, KC :)
Link to comment

KC! Welcome back! I hope you had a great vacation! We missed you! :)

 

So glad that Asher ran after Michael. Hey, at least Ian and Milo invited Tyler knowing he was with another guy. Knowing Ian, he probably wanted to bring Asher and Tyler back together again. lol Glad it didn't work out.

 

The whole scene in the rain was romantic, I agree with Cole on that. Sort of like the Gene Kelly, "Singing in the Rain" song. =) Just being so carefree in the rain can be romantic.

Link to comment

I think it was a fitting just-back-from-vacation chapter. Resolved the cliff-hanger with only a touch of angst and then let our boys have some summer fun -- with the promise of even more fun to come. :wub: Also agree with the others about being glad that Ash was able to catch Michael before he left and loving the rain scene, especially the description of the drop of rain traveling from Michael's nose on down... Wonderful! :thumbup:

Glad that life seems to be back on track for you, and I'm clearly in good company looking forward to next Monday. Welcome back!

Link to comment

Welcome back K.C. I liked that chapter too. I liked that Ash went after Michael and didnt give up at the elevator and let him go. I've read too many stories where sort of thing happens and it makes me nuts, lol.That they could salvage the evening and enjoy themselves was cool. Thanks for another great chapter. As always, I can't wait for the next one.

Link to comment

kissing in the rain is awesome. very steamy stuff. however i have a question. lots of stuff is being written from Asher's POV, but his PT, rehab, and injury hasn't been mentioned in ages. last time it was, he still couldn't use one arm at all, but then he's making salad and running his hands through Michael's hair. exactly how long has it been since he got out of hospital?

on the other hand, this is still excellent, just with one little niggle. :P good stuff KC

Link to comment

Glad that Ash ran after Michael ! And dang croc is wrong, I like short chapters :P But croc is right about something - let them get back to the apartment and have some fun for crying out loud !! It's 19 chapters now, KC !!!

 

And who took care of your cat when you where on vacation ?? Did you bring her ?? :lol:

Link to comment
On 08/20/2013 04:31 PM, Lisa said:
KC! Welcome back! I hope you had a great vacation! We missed you! :)

 

So glad that Asher ran after Michael. Hey, at least Ian and Milo invited Tyler knowing he was with another guy. Knowing Ian, he probably wanted to bring Asher and Tyler back together again. lol Glad it didn't work out.

 

The whole scene in the rain was romantic, I agree with Cole on that. Sort of like the Gene Kelly, "Singing in the Rain" song. =) Just being so carefree in the rain can be romantic.

Thanks Lisa, It's always great spending time with my family. There was no other option for Asher except to go after Michael. I know it's what I would have done in his situation. ;)

 

The rain was one of my favorite scenes. It's a romantic experience (I highly recommend it if you have the chance... :wub: ) I've been caught in a few rainy storms myself ;) Thanks for reading, KC :)

Link to comment
On 08/20/2013 09:16 PM, hillj69 said:
I think it was a fitting just-back-from-vacation chapter. Resolved the cliff-hanger with only a touch of angst and then let our boys have some summer fun -- with the promise of even more fun to come. :wub: Also agree with the others about being glad that Ash was able to catch Michael before he left and loving the rain scene, especially the description of the drop of rain traveling from Michael's nose on down... Wonderful! :thumbup:

Glad that life seems to be back on track for you, and I'm clearly in good company looking forward to next Monday. Welcome back!

That's one lucky raindrop :lol: I was hoping to pull it off without it reading creepy or corny...I'm glad you liked it. I did toss around the idea of if Michael was gone when Asher reached the lobby, would he find Mike? Would he know where he'd gone? I thought the old freight elevator gave more character to the building and I liked that Asher ran for his life to catch him :*)

 

I'm working on Monday's chapter as we speak....should be ready soon. Thanks for reading! KC :)

Link to comment
On 08/21/2013 01:21 PM, Breeze said:
Welcome back K.C. I liked that chapter too. I liked that Ash went after Michael and didnt give up at the elevator and let him go. I've read too many stories where sort of thing happens and it makes me nuts, lol.That they could salvage the evening and enjoy themselves was cool. Thanks for another great chapter. As always, I can't wait for the next one.
Thanks Breeze! When I'm writing I always ask myself, what would I do if I was in this situation (sometimes I go with the opposite :P ) But sometimes I have the characters do what I would. I've chased after a guy in my time...he was certainly one worth catching! :wub:

 

More is coming really soon, thank you for all your encouragement during this story!! :) KC

Link to comment
On 08/25/2013 12:00 AM, Sasha Distan said:
kissing in the rain is awesome. very steamy stuff. however i have a question. lots of stuff is being written from Asher's POV, but his PT, rehab, and injury hasn't been mentioned in ages. last time it was, he still couldn't use one arm at all, but then he's making salad and running his hands through Michael's hair. exactly how long has it been since he got out of hospital?

on the other hand, this is still excellent, just with one little niggle. :P good stuff KC

Kissing/making-out in the rain is something everyone should experience! So romantic.

 

Thanks for pointing out Asher's healing injury. It will still be part of the story but not to overshadow their blooming romance. I kept referring back to what I could do/not do after I broke my arm years ago (I got hit by a car ;) ) There was a lot I learned to do with my other hand as well as we saw Asher's determination a few chapters ago (chapter 14) to try and regain his strength and getting his life back to normal..BUT we will find out about his progress soon! ;)

 

Thanks for reading! KC :)

Link to comment
On 08/25/2013 06:49 AM, Slytherin said:
Glad that Ash ran after Michael ! And dang croc is wrong, I like short chapters :P But croc is right about something - let them get back to the apartment and have some fun for crying out loud !! It's 19 chapters now, KC !!!

 

And who took care of your cat when you where on vacation ?? Did you bring her ?? :lol:

Jeez, Little Blue is all you think about is sex? LOL :lol: I think the shorter chapters are working better (about 2000 words each +/- a few words) I'm trying to hone my skills and cut out the excess and write a better story. I hope it's successful ;) BUT as it has been pointed out to me that those darn tags on the front of the story....well just wait! It ain't over yet, baby! :P

 

The inside cat is so fat we could leave her for a month and not worry about her starving! LOL The 2 outside cats are hunters which explains for the dead-half-eaten bodies left on the porch every day. Squirrels, birds, chipmunks, frogs, snakes, moles, you name it we have it...I'm waiting for them to leave me a dead deer! :lmao:

Link to comment

OK, I think that line about the raindrop is one of the sexiest things I've read! Oh yea, so nice! :P I'm glad that Aher didn't want to go back to the party because it was so much better just the 2 of them! Awesome chapter! :D

Link to comment
On 08/28/2013 08:54 AM, Shadow Runner said:
OK, I think that line about the raindrop is one of the sexiest things I've read! Oh yea, so nice! :P I'm glad that Aher didn't want to go back to the party because it was so much better just the 2 of them! Awesome chapter! :D
How did I miss this?? :o LOL, well I've talked to you between then and now so you know where I'm coming from :P Thanks again!! KC
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..