Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 6,295 Words
  • 6,362 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Standing In Shadows - 33. Chapter 33

SIS 33

After dinner I went to my room and waited for Mom and Dad to come down the hall. Mom peeked into my room to make sure that the lights were off and I was in bed. Straining I heard her soft footsteps walk the short distance down the hall to their room. Knowing I had some time to kill before they settled in I opened my eyes and thought about what I was about to do. Looking around my room I realized I wasn’t at all used to sleeping here still. There was a light streaming in through my window that had caused me to toss and turn the first couple of nights. Now I just stared at it thinking that I should have just kept my mouth shut and snuck out on my own. I would have, if Mom and Dad hadn’t sounded worried. Now that I was actually able to talk to Dad without either of us storming off in the other direction, I couldn’t help but feel a little guilty if I did something to mess all that up. It had been nice to reconnect with him and I had always been unable to lie to Mom anyway.

I grimaced when the box springs in the bed creaked as I sat up. I had put on my shoes before I got into bed, knowing I wouldn’t be able to find them and put them on quietly. The hallway light was still out. As I approached the makeshift second bedroom, I frowned seeing the door left open. The dryer was running, but the light was off. The thumping of the clothes muffled any noise I made, but I couldn’t hear if they were asleep. Dad usually snored so it was easy to tell.

After starting and stopping a half dozen times I finally took a step forward and looked inside. The tiny room made the bed look large, but all I saw was Dad sleeping with his arm covering his eyes. Mom being a lot smaller, I couldn’t see her, but neither of them moved so I continued down the hall to the living room. There I reached into my pocket and made sure I still had my car keys. I smiled as I stepped around the couch to the door knowing I was about to do something that I had never done before, I was about to sneak out. It felt almost lame, being that I was going on eighteen years old. I wondered how many times Andy and Keith, or even Jenny had snuck out before.

I gently unlocked the deadbolt and then the door. I frowned when I turned the knob and the door came open with a squeak that seemed to scream through the quiet of the living room. Not hesitating I stepped out on the small metal deck and closed the door behind me. I reached into my pocket and took hold of my keys as I slowly tip toed down the stairs cursing under my breath at each noise that the old rusty stairs made.

When I was finally on the ground I glanced back up to the door to the apartment. I knew I was lucky to have made it this far. That they would’ve been expecting me to try and sneak out after they went to bed.

Getting in my car in the parking lot beside the apartment building I gently closed my door and leaned back in the seat letting out a long sigh shaking my head. I couldn’t help smiling as I slid the key into the ignition, but then frowned when I turned it and only heard a click of the key.
“Fuck,” I hissed looking out the car window. I turned the key and when nothing happened again I slammed my hand into the wheel, I reached down and found the hood release and pulled it. Sighing I opened the door and looked back up at the apartment. Then I walked around the hood of the car and rolled my eyes. Dad had unhooked the battery cables when he stepped outside to talk to Robert. Rolling my eyes I found the emergency tool set under the front passenger seat and reconnected them then walked around the car and slid into the driver's seat. When the car started I laughed and slid back out and as quietly as I could, closing the hood. Knowing that they could have heard me closing the hood I nearly ran around the front of the car back to the driver’s seat. I wasn’t quiet when I slammed the door. I didn’t dare look towards the apartment when I put the car in reverse and backed out of the spot and into the street. Thinking that Dad’s plot to keep me at home was silly. Mom’s country store and gas station had a garage. Back when I was younger and more things interested me, I would sneak in there and bother the mechanics if the store was slow. “Battery cables Dad, maybe if I was a girl.”

Like every night around this time, the town was dead. Nothing stayed open after eight, no matter what time of year it was. Everyone that wanted to do something this late drove forty minutes out past the lake to the largest city closest to us.

I turned towards Clinton’s house, driving faster than I usually did hoping he hadn’t given up on me by now. I didn’t know how late it was as I refused to look at a clock. If Robert had kept him from sneaking out, at least I had finally done something rebellious. Although I would probably get bored and return home, at least I had done it and I was feeling the rush now that I was out at night. The quiet of the car was peaceful and I felt myself relax now that I was far outside the town limits and on the familiar winding road I used to live at the end.

I only got nervous when I got close to Clinton’s house. When I saw that most of the lights were off I slowed to a stop and looked for his truck. I smiled when I didn’t see it and eased my way past the house before I sped up again. He had told me that he would be waiting by the tree that I knew.

When I pulled into the field my lights hit his truck. Then I saw him stand from a crouching position under the tree with his hand raised to block the brightness from my headlights. After I parked I killed the engine and opened the door.

“I knew you’d make it,” he said holding the door open for me as I got out of the car. “Even after you told your parents, you loser.”

“Shut up,” I countered shoving him as I stepped around the car door. He closed it then stood facing me. He seemed to hesitate in the darkness. There wasn’t much of a moon and no streetlights ever made it this far outside of town.

“I had to sneak out twice, Dad disconnected the battery,” Clinton said and I laughed.

“Dad disconnected mine too,” I said and he shook his head.

“Are you glad you came?” He asked his voice careful. We hadn’t had a lot of alone time the past couple of days and I could feel the uneasiness of that absence now that I was standing in front of him with nobody watching over us.

“I don’t know if you’re worth it,” I answered trying to keep my voice light.

“Really?” He said and in the darkness, I knew he was smirking.

“Yeah I don’t think so,” I answered then I felt his arms go around me and he pushed my back into the side of the car. Then I felt his body on me, one hand on my waist, the other sliding up my side. I shuddered and let out a breath when he kissed my jaw, clumsy in the darkness as he searched for my lips. When he found them he pressed himself against me. I could feel him getting hard and he probably felt mine too. He smelled of a nice mixture of shampoo and cologne, mixed to where I couldn’t pick out a single fragrance and name it.

Summers out here never did get too cold. Dew only fell in the early pre-dawn hours, when it was coolest. Right now it felt humid and it didn’t take much to cause either of us to start sweating. My eyes were closed and I grunted when he suddenly moved his hand under my shirt to my stomach and then he pulled away slightly to run his hand over my crotch.

“Slow down, we have all night,” I groaned, not wanting him to stop, but knew that this wasn’t the best place to be. You never knew when a party at the river was going to take place. Or if the police would be patrolling out here to break one up.

“I know,” he said, “although if you weren’t such an angel, we’d have longer.”

“Fuck you,” I countered and grunted when he took another step back.

“Where do you want to go?” He asked, sounding a little breathless.

“Somewhere quiet,” I answered and I reached into my pocket for my car keys. “Follow me?”

“Yeah,” he answered and then he stepped out of my way so I could open the door. When I shut it and started the car I heard his truck come to life beside me. When I turned around and drove out of the field I glanced behind me to see him doing the same. Then I turned away from town and headed towards the house and the church. It wasn’t anywhere I wanted to revisit and I didn’t think I ever would. I figured Mayor Edwards wouldn’t waste any time tearing the store or the house down, but when I drove up to it, nothing had changed. The street light in the church parking lot was still lit, which made the darkness of the house seem worse when I pulled into the small gravel drive. I quickly killed the engine and stepped out as Clinton parked beside me.

“What do you think?” I asked after he stepped out of the truck and walked around the front of it.

“I don’t know if this is a good spot,” he answered, flipping on a flashlight. I blinked away from the sudden brightness and glared at him when my eyes adjusted.

“Well it’s either this or Jenny’s guest room and I don’t think her parents would like it,” I said and I saw him smirk and look towards the house.

“Good that I am prepared then,” Clinton said, “but how are we going to get in?”

“Don’t know,” I said, “maybe the windows are unlocked.”

“Do you still have your key?” Clinton asked and I glanced down at the keys still in my hand. I still had my key to the front door.

“I’m sure he’d have it boarded up or something,” I answered but he shrugged and as I walked up the small wooden stairs to the front porch he opened the passenger side of his truck and when I slid the key into the lock I turned the knob and watched the door glide open. Then I reached up and flipped the light switch, when nothing happened I frowned.

“Can’t be that lucky,” Clinton said, holding the flashlight and what looked like an air mattress. “There’s a small cooler and a lantern back there too.”

“Alright,” I said as we danced around the doorway. He walked in and I hesitated knowing that this would be the first time Clinton saw where I had lived. He had never been to my apartment and definitely not here. Sighing I walked to the truck and grabbed the small cooler and jumped when I heard him start pumping up the air mattress. Smiling, I grabbed the small lantern with my other hand and walked back up the tiny yard and steps to the porch.

Inside I saw him glance up at me, the air mattress already halfway blown up. He offered me a smile as I walked over to him and sat down the lantern and the cooler. The house was hot, not having any air conditioning or electricity. I looked around at all the dust that had settled and the cobwebs. It didn’t take long for a house to not look lived in. When Clinton shut off the pump and we fell into a sudden silence I looked back at him.

“You don’t want to be here,” he said frowning.

“Not really,” I said, “I’ve never really liked anyone seeing where I live.”

“You don’t live here,” he said and I shot him a glare.

“The apartment is actually worse,” I said and he offered me a careful smile.

“You liked it here, right?” He asked as he plugged the air mattress and tested the firmness of it again.

“Yes,” I answered and he looked around the small living room.

“All that mattered then,” he said, “but I have a better idea, wait here.”

“What?” I asked and I started to step in front of him.

“Just hold on a second,” he said and he stepped through the open front door. I followed him out to the porch and watched him jog to his truck. When he got in he started it and drove it around the side of the house to the back yard. Walking back inside the house I grabbed the flashlight and walked to the back door and unlocked it just as he stepped out of the truck and closed the door.

“Camping out in the truck?” I asked when he stepped up to the back of the house.

“It’s one of the perks of owning a truck,” he answered and I led the way back into the small living room. I closed the front door and locked it then helped him carry out the air mattress. It didn’t fit perfectly into the bed of the truck, but at least we would be out of the house. “Wait here, I’ll go get the rest.”

“Alright,” I said as I climbed into the back of the truck and settled onto the air mattress. When he came back he put the cooler and lantern on the tailgate. He didn’t bother lighting the lantern yet, the flashlight was giving off enough light to see by. I turned to lay on my side when he crawled up beside me, then he reached over and turned off the light leaving us in complete darkness again.

The humid night air wasn’t comfortable and the mattress, with both of us on it, strained and bent at the corners causing it to be uneven beneath us. By the shadowed outline of his face I could see that he was looking straight ahead towards the sky, his head resting on his arm.

“This was a hell of a lot better inside my head,” he said and I laughed, turning my head to look up at the sky. The waning moon was low, barely over the tree line in the distance, but the sky was clear as far as I could see.

“Do you think we’ll get caught?” I asked turning back to him. I watched him move around to face me and I jumped slightly when his hand surprised me when he rested it on my arm.

“You, definitely,” he answered snickering and I couldn’t help smiling. It was probably true. The way I left probably was loud enough to wake them. If I had a cell phone, I probably would be getting yelled at on it by now. Clinton’s phone hadn’t rung yet, so I was hopeful that they were still asleep in bed.

“Mom made me put a sale ad in the paper for the motorcycle,” Clinton said, his voice careful and I hated the darkness didn’t allow me to see his face completely.

“I figured,” I said, “I probably would have had to sell it before college anyway. Mom wouldn’t have let me take it.”

“Probably not,” he added, “but you know I got it for you.”

“I know,” I agreed, moving closer to him. “It was a nice thought, but not the smoothest move.”

“Have you decided where you’re going?” Clinton asked and I felt cold chills run through me when his fingers started rubbing small circles on my arm.

“No,” I answered knowing that college was closing in soon, but I had always hoped football would help with the decision. I wasn’t even completely sure what I wanted to study. “Have you?”

“I’ve started getting some letters back from when I applied,” he said, “mostly to schools Mom wanted to try for, that I don’t want to go to.”

“Why do you want to know?” I asked and noticed his hand stop moving.

“I was thinking that I would try to go where you go,” he said, “us being from the same town, they’d probably put us in the same dorm room.”

“Oh,” I said, feeling my face get hot. “Probably wouldn’t be a good idea, we’d never get to classes.”

“Really, I hadn’t thought of that,” he said laughing.

“Liar,” I countered and he moved closer to me, his hand moving from my arm to my waist. I could feel his smile as he searched out my face and when he kissed me I felt him push against me until I was on my back. His hand moved from my side to my stomach, trailing down to my crotch where he grabbed it causing me to grunt. Then he made his way down to my neck and I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding when he bit down, his hand leaving my crotch to pull my shirt up over my stomach.

When he pulled away, he grabbed my hand and helped me sit up. I felt him tug on my shirt so I lifted my arms and I heard him cuss when my head caught briefly in the shirt collar. When I looked back at him, outlined in the stars and lightning bugs darting around us. It was a good idea, even with the sweat and heat of the night.

With my shirt off he kissed and licked down my collar bone and I shuddered when his teeth grazed my nipple as he kept going. When he reached the top of my shorts I felt his fingers fumbling with my button, when he had them open I laid back down. I lifted myself when he tugged on my shorts and when they were free I spread my legs and sucked in a breath when he took me into his mouth. I reached down and put my hand on the back of his head. His hair was too short for me to grab hold of and I could feel the stubble on his cheeks against my thigh. Sweat was dripping down my stomach and sides, when a rare breeze blew across us, it caused goosebumps to spread across my body.

When I felt myself growing close I tensed up and groaned when he suddenly took his mouth off me. Then I felt him moving around and heard his shorts tossed to the side. Then he moved to sit on my waist just above my cock, on lifted knees.

“Do you want to?” He asked, his voice breathless and I heard the plastic wrapper of the condom.

“Yes,” I answered, not as shy about it after doing it the first time a few nights ago.

“I mean, can I?” He asked and I felt my stomach jump.

“Oh,” I answered, “I don’t know, I’ve never…”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to,” he said and I felt himself hesitate before he lifted himself off me. I reached down with my hand and pulled him down beside me. My heart racing I groaned as I lifted myself with my arm, my cast digging into the back of my hand and a dull ache caused me to clench my teeth. Then I leaned down over him, shifting my weight to my other arm. I felt him shudder when my mouth found his stomach. Wet with sweat, I tasted the salt on my tongue as I made my way down and I felt him go rigid when my breath hit his cock. When I took him into my mouth his hand cupped my head and I lowered myself down on the air mattress resting on my left elbow. My other arm awkwardly draped across his leg, but he didn’t seem to mind any.

When his other hand found the back of my head, I knew that he was getting close so I raised my head and I smiled when I heard him sigh. Then I sat up and searched the air mattress until my hand slid over a small plastic wrapper. I struggled to open the wrapper through my cast, but when it was open I hesitated.

“Where’s the lube?” I asked feeling my face flush.

“Fuck,” he said and I watched him sit up and he crawled to the tailgate and slid off it. Cursing under his breath as he tiptoed to the passenger side of the truck. When he opened the door, the cargo light blinded me and I blinked a few times as I watched him rummaging through things until he found it and closed the door. Seeing spots I watched him walk back around the truck and climb onto the tailgate.

“I don’t know if I’m ready,” I said and I felt his hands slide up my arms.

“Just go slow,” he said but leaned back on his elbows anyway. He jumped when I squirted some on him then I jacked him off, getting him completely hard again. Then I handed him the condom, not knowing if I could get it on with my cast. Then like him, I reached around and jumped when I slid my finger across myself. Chewing on my bottom lip I straddled his waist and squirted more lube on him before I guided him. I let out a breath when I felt him slide against me, my stomach muscles strained. When his arms came up to grip my waist I slowly lowered myself down, my eyes closed tightly at the sudden pain, a low moan escaping before I could stop myself from making a sound. I hovered above him, my leg muscles burning. Another moan escaped when I tried to go lower and I felt his hands tighten on my waist. He was completely still until I finally relaxed with my left hand resting on his chest.

“Okay,” I breathed my stomach muscles relaxing. “Don’t move.”

“I won’t,” he said, as my body seemed to pulse with overwhelming excitement. Everything felt awkward and foreign. I wondered how Clinton had become so comfortable and when I would finally catch up and not find myself hesitating. I didn’t know how it looked and I didn’t know how to move when I wanted to, but when I finally did he sucked in a ragged breath. I slowly raised myself up on my knees and then back down, chewing on my bottom lip. When I realised I was holding my breath again, I let it out, but I kept moving. His fingers dug into my hips and when I opened my eyes, I looked down at him, surprised that I was beginning to see more of him. It had to be later in the early morning. The blue twilight still muted out his color, but I looked out and saw orange on the horizon. The pain was still there, with every move that I made and when I bent down to kiss him I moaned into his lips. All of my muscles tensed when he started moving against me.

When I raised back up I grunted when he slid his right hand off my waist and grabbed hold of my cock. It had gone limp, but as he jacked me off, I felt my body begin to relax and it got hard again. The awkwardness never truly went away, but I couldn’t help thinking that I liked the closeness we had. He was starting to forget about being careful and as he stroked me and sped up I felt myself getting close.

“I’m going to,” I whispered and after a few seconds more I looked down with a shuddering moan as I came on his chest and stomach. When I was done I sighed and he pulled his hand away then I raised myself up on my knees and I felt him slide out of me. I moved to lay on the air mattress and when he hesitated I reached over and grabbed his arm. Then I watched him move between my legs. I lifted my ass and I clenched my hands into fists and tensed when he slid back inside of me. Then he took over, leaning down to kiss me, as he sped up, and I relaxed as much as the new experience allowed me to and found myself watching him as he fucked me. When he leaned back, his eyes closed I felt him shudder and moan, going rigid a few moments before relaxing.

When he opened his eyes he smiled, breathing heavily. In the dawning morning I could see that his face and chest was flushed from the warm night. His body shining with sweat and my cum, his eyes were wide and clear, the dark blue looked black. When I smiled back he leaned down and kissed me before he stood on his knees and helped me sit up.

We both crawled out of the truck, he slid the condom off and I shuddered at the dampness of the grass. Sometime in the morning the dew had fallen and it sent chills through me. When we got to the passenger side he wrapped the condom into a napkin then I watched him clean his chest and stomach. He handed me a few and I cleaned the sweat and cum off my own body as best I could before he walked around to the back of the truck and handed me our clothes.

As we dressed I saw him smiling, I shook my head smiling despite all the new feelings I felt. Knowing we had to get back home soon if we stood any chance of sneaking back inside the house without either of our parents finding out we were missing. I struggled into my socks and shoes and helped him clean up the back of the truck and deflate the air mattress. The sun would be rising over the tree line soon, which meant it was getting late in the morning, later than I wanted it to be.

“We’re so dead, my Mom wakes up with the birds,” Clinton said and I laughed, shoving him with my hand as we packed up the passenger side of the truck.

“Mom is probably fixing Dad coffee by now,” I added and grimaced when I saw the bruise of a hickey forming on his neck. I probably would have bruises on my waist from his fingers, but at least I could hide them with clothes. Nothing would hide the mark I made on his neck, and I blushed when I couldn’t recall the moment I gave it to him.

“Oh shit,” he groaned and I looked around my heart lurching. Not seeing anything I turned back around to see him looking at me.

“What?” I asked, “Did I miss some…”

“You have a hickey,” he said, cutting me off and I frowned and stepped over to his mirror. When I saw it just below my jaw line I felt myself getting redder.

“I wasn’t going to say anything, but you have one too,” I added and I heard him groan.

“So much for sneaking around, Moms see bruises a mile away,” he said, “and these are the worst kind.”

“My dad might fall over dead,” I said, still looking at it through the mirror. I heard him laugh, but when I turned to look at him he looked worried.

“What are you going to say happened?” He asked, leaning against his truck.

“That I fell on it,” I answered and we both laughed despite knowing all the trouble they would cause, it was difficult not to feel good. Nothing bad had happened, no one jumped out from behind a tree and kicked our asses. So maybe this would show them that we could do things together and they not have to worry. Then again, we could be grounded for the rest of the summer for what we just pulled.

“Ready to go?” He asked and I nodded my head.

“I’ll walk around,” I said and started walking. When his hand fell on my shoulder, he turned me around and kissed me. He let his hand fall to my waist and pulled me closer to him. My breath caught as he hugged me.

“Just in case,” he whispered when he broke the hug and I nodded. I walked around the house and I opened my car door and got in. He gave me a wave as he passed and I watched him turn out of the driveway before I started the car and backed out and headed back towards town.

I was still smiling when I caught up to his truck until we came upon his house and I noticed him slowing down. He put on his turn signal and I slowed and watched as he turned in. When I saw Richard and his mom Merie suddenly standing on their front porch stairs I groaned. When they saw that I was behind Clinton’s truck Robert held out his hand and I stopped and rolled down my window. Merie walked over to where Clinton was getting out of the truck and Robert bypassed the truck completely and jogged into the road.

“Fair warning Corey,” Robert said, his voice careful. “I called your parents.”

“I’m sorry,” I offered and I saw his eyes come to rest on my face for a few seconds then he squinted and looked away.

“Expect Clinton to be grounded for a while,” he said and I nodded my head.

“At least let him come to my funeral,” I added and I saw him trying not to smile.

“Look I was a teenage boy once,” he said, “I know, well not completely, but, I know.”

“I know,” I said, my face getting hot, I wanted to roll up the window and leave.

“Just don’t do that again,” he said, “you had us worried, both of you.”

“Sorry,” I said and he nodded his head and stepped away from the car.

“Just get on home before your old man stews over it too much,” he said and I nodded and rolled up the window and took off faster than I intended. I didn’t dare look back to see if Merie was finished with Clinton or not. Knowing that I would be going through the same thing I sighed and didn’t slow down. It would only be worse the longer I made them wait. Especially if Robert or Merie called to tell them that I was on my way.

When I got back home the front door was already open when I looked up at the apartment. I got out and shut my door then I saw Dad storm out of it and grab hold of the railing. I could hear Mom saying something from somewhere inside, but it was too far away for me to hear what that was, hopefully she was trying to calm him down a little.

“Get your ass inside,” he growled as he turned and stomped back inside the house when I made it halfway up the stairs.

When I stepped through the front door I saw him with his arms crossed leaning his back against the small counter that separated the kitchen from the living room. Not surprised I saw Mom standing beside him slightly inside the kitchen with her arms crossed as well. She was already dressed for work and coffee was perking in the pot. They both waited until I closed the door behind me.

“What do you have to say for yourself?” Mom asked unfolding her arms as she stepped around the counter to the coffee pot.

“Shut up,” Dad said when I opened my mouth to talk. “Just when I thought you were growing up, you pull something like this.”

“I…” I started, but his eyes narrowed to slits and his lips went white.

“I will never trust you again,” he said, “your ass is to be home before nine, you are not to see that boy.”

“Lee,” Mom said, but he didn’t turn to look at her.

“You had your mother so sick with worry she threw up,” he said and I felt the breath leave my lungs. “Twice.”

“What’s the big deal?” I asked, feeling a tightness in my throat. “I’m sorry that I snuck out, but why are you so afraid?”

“Anything could have happened,” Dad said, “that asshead outed the two of you and we don’t know what people will do.”

“Well you can’t keep us locked up in the house because you’re scared either,” I countered not looking at Mom. It was easier to argue with Dad. Mom didn’t have to say anything to win most arguments with me, and I was afraid that when I looked at her, I would see too much worry and hurt.

“I know,” Mom said, causing Dad to glare at her. “I know we can’t keep you cooped up in here, but I expected you to listen to me, Corey.”

“I’m sorry,” I said, turning to look at her, knowing that if I didn’t it would be worse.

“I have always treated you like an adult, because you respected me when I told you no,” she continued, each word making the knot in my throat larger. I had to keep swallowing knowing that if I didn’t my voice would fail when I tried to speak again. “If you can’t do that anymore, then I’ll have to stop, is that what you want?”

“No ma’am,” I said, my voice failing to a whisper. I swallowed again.

“And it won’t happen again?” Mom asked and I saw Dad shoot her another glare.

“Cora,” he said and she offered him a cup of coffee.

“No,” I said and Dad shot me a glare. “But you can’t keep me in here, just because you’re scared something might happen.”

“You’re right,” Mom said, “it isn’t fair.”

“But you are in a mountain of shit Corey,” Dad said, “and when did your lazy ass learn how to put battery cables back on your car?”

“Dad I’m a guy,” I said and like Robert he tried not to smile.

“Watch it,” Mom said, shaking her head, turning to look at Dad. “I told you that last night, that he would be able to do it.”

“And what is that on your neck?” Dad asked, “Dirt?”

“No,” I said, turning my head away from him. I saw him working what I said over and realized by the look that Mom gave me that she figured it out first.

“I don’t want to know,” Dad suddenly hissed, “I need a beer.”

“It’s not even eight in the morning,” Mom said as Dad stepped around her.

“Are you going to ground me?” I asked and Mom studied me for a few minutes. “I know I snuck out, but the last few days you’ve only let me out of the house when you knew where I’d be.”

“I’m sorry you have to go through this,” Mom said her eyes softening, “I wish it wasn’t like that.”

“Do you know what people are thinking?” I asked, looking at both of them. “Has anyone said anything?”

“Not to us,” Dad answered, opening his can of beer. Mom rolled her eyes and glanced at her watch.

“Do Andy’s parents still own that cabin property by the lake?” Mom asked and I nodded.

“As far as I know,” I answered shrugging. “Why?”

“I was just thinking about something,” she answered, grabbing her purse. “I need to get in to work, Corey if you leave please tell your father where you’ll be.”

“Okay,” I said before Dad could say anything.

“Lee,” she said, turning to smile at him. “Give your son the safe sex talk again.”

“Mom, no,” I said, my face flushing. I saw Dad spill his beer and glare at her.

“Kidding,” she said, reaching over and raising my chin to look at my jawline. She frowned, but didn’t say anything. “I love you both.”

“I love you,” I said and she leaned in and kissed me on the cheek.

“You’re not grounded, but if you pull another stunt like this again, I’ll agree to any punishment your father can think up,” she said, but then thought about it for a moment. “Within reason.”

“Sorry,” I said and didn’t dare look at Dad as I stepped out of her way and down the hall.

“You know you got off easy,” Dad bellowed and I smiled thinking the same thing as I closed the door and stripped down to my underwear as I walked to the bed. I collapsed on it exhausted from being awake all night and pulled the covers up to my chest and despite it all, I couldn’t help but smile again.

 
Copyright © 2014 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 4
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

B) ...............Well another great chapter, I loved the sneak out and the parental misconceived notion to stop it! LOL! Both dads are very gifted, if they wanted to kill the vehicle from going anywhere they should have pulled the spark plug wires (if I have my era right). Their motives might have been noble, but really CJ was their fear? Or was it a mob enticed KKK members in the back of their minds or small town mentality? I think their fears are surreal and most of the school will back Corey and Clinton. That aside I loved the back of the pick-up scenario, (How did you imagine that scene? LOL)

Thanks Krista!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well done. That was hot. And Dad, gotta get over this crap. He can't bar them from seeing each other. Better to go with the flow then to fight the current. Mom got that. But her idea for a one time thing in the cabin, although wonderful and memorable will not solve the issue. Unless the cabin is really close anyways. But sending the boys there for the summer might help.

Stealing the Rotor out of the distributor was the common way to quickly disable a car. But now, most cars don't even have a distributor!

Loved the chapter. But we still need resolution regarding CJ and his dad.

Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/20/2014 12:24 AM, ricky said:
Well done. That was hot. And Dad, gotta get over this crap. He can't bar them from seeing each other. Better to go with the flow then to fight the current. Mom got that. But her idea for a one time thing in the cabin, although wonderful and memorable will not solve the issue. Unless the cabin is really close anyways. But sending the boys there for the summer might help.

Stealing the Rotor out of the distributor was the common way to quickly disable a car. But now, most cars don't even have a distributor!

Loved the chapter. But we still need resolution regarding CJ and his dad.

Thanks!

As open as she is, I don't think she is asking because she wants a place for them to go and have sex. Just somewhere where she knows where he is, instead of wondering where he is and what he is doing.. and who he may encounter. Right now, I think they are worried about the reaction, they've not had much insight on that yet. Over cautious is what I'd call them now. Either they will get over that.. or something will give them reason to continue.. I think. :) Have faith in me though, I doubt I'll go too dark on that, this is a romance after all. :) BUT of course you never know..
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/19/2014 04:12 PM, Benji said:
B) ...............Well another great chapter, I loved the sneak out and the parental misconceived notion to stop it! LOL! Both dads are very gifted, if they wanted to kill the vehicle from going anywhere they should have pulled the spark plug wires (if I have my era right). Their motives might have been noble, but really CJ was their fear? Or was it a mob enticed KKK members in the back of their minds or small town mentality? I think their fears are surreal and most of the school will back Corey and Clinton. That aside I loved the back of the pick-up scenario, (How did you imagine that scene? LOL)

Thanks Krista!

Lol. Yeah, they are overcautious. I think, since they've not had much of a reaction, they are worried that one is looming. As for the back of the truck scenario.. my lord NEVER again.. lol. That was awkward... you have no idea.. I think I shuddered and grimaced a lot writing it.. lol. I don't blush easy either.. but heh. No. No more first-person character bottoming for me.. unless it is hetero and I know what the hell I'm doing.. hahaha.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

No more chapters to read, guess I just wait until you have new ones. It´s been a great story so far. :boy:

I noticed, you´ve been writing this for some years now and that shows. Your writing has become much better, in fact you might want to go through the earlier chapters sometime, there were some misspelled and missing words.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/21/2014 05:17 AM, Suvitar said:
No more chapters to read, guess I just wait until you have new ones. It´s been a great story so far. :boy:

I noticed, you´ve been writing this for some years now and that shows. Your writing has become much better, in fact you might want to go through the earlier chapters sometime, there were some misspelled and missing words.

Aw. Yes, I took a number of breaks throughout. I think it shows that my writing skill has developed slightly and that the earlier chapters were rough, they were for the most part unedited.. So it turned into a longer and larger project than I would have wanted, but for now it is what it is. :) I've enjoyed the latter 20 chapters though.

 

Lee is a reasonable and educated man. He can work through things in his head, he just doesn't really like to be emotional so he masks it with anger... but he's working on that. I think nearly losing a son and wife after losing a home opened is eyes, that things worth fighting for.. can leave... and the apartment represents what it would be like. Anyway, thanks for reading! I liked reading your comments as you read the chapters. I'm glad you're also caught up and stuck with the story. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh wow, what a chapter! lol

 

I was reading your response to Benji's review and I had to laugh. You did a great job with the sex scene. :P I wrote a couple of sex scenes for two stories I edit; it was fun. :P But then again, if I didn't read all this gay porn I wouldn't know what the hell I was doing! :P:P

 

I wonder what Cj has up his sleeve in regards to C&C. Nothing good I know. I know how Corey's parents want to protect him from the fallout and I think that if that wasn't in the back of their minds they wouldn't have had THAT big a problem with Corey sneaking out. Well, Lee would, but Corey's mom is a gem and she knows just what to say to calm Lee down. Thank God. lol

 

Excellent chapter, Krista! Especially the truck scene! ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/21/2014 01:57 PM, Lisa said:
Oh wow, what a chapter! lol

 

I was reading your response to Benji's review and I had to laugh. You did a great job with the sex scene. :P I wrote a couple of sex scenes for two stories I edit; it was fun. :P But then again, if I didn't read all this gay porn I wouldn't know what the hell I was doing! :P:P

 

I wonder what Cj has up his sleeve in regards to C&C. Nothing good I know. I know how Corey's parents want to protect him from the fallout and I think that if that wasn't in the back of their minds they wouldn't have had THAT big a problem with Corey sneaking out. Well, Lee would, but Corey's mom is a gem and she knows just what to say to calm Lee down. Thank God. lol

 

Excellent chapter, Krista! Especially the truck scene! ;)

Yeah, it was awkward to write. I think I did another first person sex scene in my early works as well, where the character bottomed, but it was back when I read Nifty and likely knew.. now I've forgotten.. lol. I think one editor even snickered and told me that he didn't "prepare" himself properly, so it would likely be a painful first time.. So. Corey took it like a champ, I say.

 

As for the parents, yes, I think that comes with any marriage, I know my husband knows how to calm me and set me off.. lol. Although sometimes he misreads it and I make him go clean the car out or something. :D But she is definitely the calm one and knows how to reign Lee in... for the most part. HE hates not getting his way on punishments though.

 

And Cj is still recovering from the beat down... as far as we know. ;) I mean he dealt a big blow already, so I'd hate to see how he could top that...

 

Like always Lisa, thanks for reading and leaving a review! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm always on the lookout for a good read and I'm happy I found this story.

I like the characters. very well developed. I'm also curious as to what Amber was hiding. i bet it is the same reason, why both were supposed to stay home. I love that they sneaked out anyway =)

 

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for more :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/22/2014 06:50 AM, pfox25 said:
I'm always on the lookout for a good read and I'm happy I found this story.

I like the characters. very well developed. I'm also curious as to what Amber was hiding. i bet it is the same reason, why both were supposed to stay home. I love that they sneaked out anyway =)

 

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for more :)

Amber is the center of gossip. :D So she knows some things that are being talked about.. what she didn't say, will be explained in the next chapter for sure. :D
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/22/2014 06:50 AM, pfox25 said:
I'm always on the lookout for a good read and I'm happy I found this story.

I like the characters. very well developed. I'm also curious as to what Amber was hiding. i bet it is the same reason, why both were supposed to stay home. I love that they sneaked out anyway =)

 

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for more :)

Amber is the center of gossip. :D So she knows some things that are being talked about.. what she didn't say, will be explained in the next chapter for sure. :D Thanks for REadining!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I don't see why they are so annoyed about him seeing Clinton , same with Clinton's parents. I can understand being angry about sneaking out but you really can't blame them when you're making it hard for them to see each other.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..