Jump to content
    Laura S. Fox
  • Author
  • 4,818 Words
  • 3,770 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Be The Father Of This Child! - 14. A Pair Of Jokers

Chapter Fourteen - A Pair Of Jokers

Man, you sure are full of surprises,” Zane commented as they walked into a dark alley with only a light at the end, above what looked like a shabby door. “All that talk about Theo--”

Hey, didn’t I tell you to stop mentioning that name?” Jett said in a low voice and flexed his fingers around the brass knuckles, his hand hidden in the right pocket of his jacket.

You gotta tell me what’s going on,” Zane pointed out. “I’ve listened to you for years talking about your first crush.”

April doesn’t need to know about Theo.”

Why not? Jett, for real, you have a child. You had it with one of your exes, yeah? And April is taking care of that baby like Jay is his own. I seriously think he’s past any kind of jealousy. He seems like a pretty cool dude. He won’t get scared of some crush you had on a boy at thirteen.”

Oh yeah? I’m not risking it. I’m sure he’ll ask about Theo the moment I get back.”

I don’t get it. Why shouldn’t April know?”

Zane, my dude, we’re here to break some bones, not to talk about my boyfriend.”

This isn’t over, just so you know,” Zane said, and pulled the half mask over his face, while Jett pulled his hoodie lower and his balaclava higher, and clasped the weapon in his hand harder. Tonight, he was pretty much in the mood to smash some schmuck’s face in. If it hadn’t been for frigging Zane and this stupid job, he could have been home, getting freaky with April. It didn’t matter; April wouldn’t get much sleep, the moment he got back.

Pizza delivery,” Zane announced in a whiny voice after knocking hard on the door.

We didn’t order no pizza,” someone yelled from the inside. “Go the fuck away.”

Zane gestured with his chin at Jett. Jett nodded and, after taking a few steps back, he launched himself with one shoulder forward against the door. A thump followed, and there was movement inside.

Zane began laughing, imitating the same voice from before. He picked some pebbles from the ground and threw them at the door, to make more noise.

Fucking kids,” the annoyed guy from inside said out loud so that he could be heard.

Jett stopped and for a second, they waited. The door opened, and in a second, Jett was through it and the guy behind it. Zane followed. This time in a nasal voice, he shouted. “Time’s up! Pay or make way!”

Jett wanted to roll his eyes at Zane’s antics. He just grabbed the guy who got the door by the front of his shirt and shook him. “The Z brothers need their loan back. With all the due interest. Clear?”

Two other men were inside and they approached them carefully. Jett shook the one he was threatening. “Tell your goons to fuck off, or I’ll start breaking things.”

One of the goons pulled a switchblade.

Jett groaned. “I don’t fucking have time for this.”

***

April startled at some muffled noises coming from downstairs. What the hell was going on? He checked his phone and moved silently so he didn’t wake Jay. Without Jett home, he had seen no reason to sleep in his bedroom alone, and leave the baby by himself, too.

It was frigging two in the morning. He opened the door and snuck out, making sure not to make a sound. Hopefully, that was Jett downstairs. Who else could it be? He chided himself for getting scared for no reason.

It wasn’t entirely for no reason. Whatever Jett was doing to make that kind of cash April had noticed laying around the house while cleaning, it couldn’t be squeaky clean. April also knew that the guys he had borrowed money from weren’t squeaky clean, either.

So there could be a stranger in the house, someone who didn’t like Jett at all. April stopped for a second, considering his options. It wasn’t like he was equipped to face some criminal. And there was also Jay.

Where the fuck do you keep the booze?” Someone said, loud enough for April to hear the words clearly as he stood at the top of the stairs.

Another voice hushed the first. April sighed and began descending. There was light in the kitchen, so he went there.

Only to witness Jett and Zane looking a little bit worse for wear. The right shoulder of Jett’s jacket was torn, and Zane was limping around the kitchen while huddling his left arm.

What happened to you two?” April asked out loud.

Jett jumped from the chair and turned toward him. April gasped. There was a red gash above Jett’s right eyebrow, and there was blood.

April caught his stomach with one hand. “Now I know why I didn’t want to go to med school, like my dad wanted.”

What are you doing up?” Jett asked roughly.

I thought there were some burglars, making away with the silverware.”

Zane snorted. “Silverware. I can see why you like this dude, Jett.”

I’m going to the bathroom to bring the first aid kit,” April said, shaking off the first shock.

Without another word, he ran up the stairs.

We don’t have a first aid kit,” Jett called after him.

Yes, we do,” April shouted over one shoulder and then caught himself.

Jay was soundly asleep and April wanted to keep it that way. He slowed down, but still tried to move as fast as he could without making too much noise.

He was back downstairs in a heartbeat.

Can I drink that?” Zane asked, pointing at the bottle of rubbing alcohol.

April slapped his hand away. “Why aren’t you at some hospital? I don’t even want to know what the hell you two were up to tonight. How badly are you hurt?”

Zane winced. “It’s just bruises, mainly, but they hurt like a bitch. Are you sure I can’t have some of that? It’s alcohol, right?”

For external use only.” April slapped Zane’s hand again.

Is this how you usually treat the wounded?” Zane complained.

April found the painkillers, took two from the blister pack and handed them to Zane with a glass of water. Then he turned his attention on Jett. No surprise there, Jett backed away from his touch.

Stay still or we’re going to have a problem,” April said in a stern voice.

You’re not in med school,” Jett replied.

Yeah, but I still know a few things from my dad. Let me see.”

He was gentle as he used a damp cloth to wipe away the blood from Jett’s cheek and eyebrow. April was relieved to see that the gash wasn’t deep. With quick and sure moves, he cleaned it and dabbed at it carefully. He took out a Band-Aid and placed it over the broken skin. There would be a small scar, maybe. Jett was quite the trooper, not saying anything, neither good, nor bad. That was good enough for April.

At least, the two bad boys seemed not so badly hurt. He did a cursory examination of Zane’s arm, but gave up on examining his leg, after Zane joked about not wearing underwear in case April wanted him to take his pants off.

Who the hell beat you two up like this?”

Well,” Zane started, “there were supposed to be only three assholes inside, but there were actually six.”

April looked at Jett. “Seriously? Two versus six? Do you really want me to believe that? And are you two completely insane?”

That’s what we do,” Jett replied. “Have you played nurse enough for tonight? Go to sleep.”

Ha,” April said. “Like I could. Seriously, what were you two thinking?”

I was thinking about a sweet ass I almost hooked up with yesterday while waiting in line to get my latte,” Zane replied promptly. “Your boyfriend over there was thinking of your sweet ass, obviously.”

A pair of jokers,” April mumbled to himself. “Jett, take some painkillers, too.” He offered Jett water and pills.

Somewhat grudgingly, Jett took them. His eyes were stormy and he seemed in a foul mood. Could it be that he was still thinking of Theo because Zane had reminded him by correctly identifying April with Jett’s summer friend from that time? Maybe that had caused him to lose his concentration or something. Not that April had any idea of what Jett’s MO usually was.

What can I do for you two?”

Some booze will be nice,” Zane said.

April stared at him with reproach. “No. Those painkillers might make you feel a little too relaxed soon enough. You’re spending tonight here, right?”

If you’re included in that offer, I might,” Zane joked.

April snickered, but the laugh died on his lips when he looked at Jett. He was still frowning, and his mood was deteriorating with each passing moment. For a moment, April felt pissed. Then he worried. What if Jett was hurt more than what he could see with the naked eye?

You two should get checked by someone who knows what they’re doing. Jett, are you okay?”

Jett put his right hand on the table, and April winced at the bruised skin around what looked like brass knuckles. Without a word, he hurried and took Jett’s hand in his. Slowly, he removed the scary looking weapon and looked at the damage. With sure moves, he began treating it and felt it for any signs of broken bones.

Luckily, all seemed okay, but April was getting more worried about Jett’s mood. “What can I bring you?” he asked softly.

Zane continued to search the cupboards for booze.

A smoke,” Jett replied.

April was about to protest, but he searched for Jett’s pack of cigarettes and lighter in his jacket. He took one and put it between Jett’s lips, then lit it. He looked around quickly for a clean ashtray. There was nothing he wanted more but to ask Jett what was on his mind, but Zane was there, and April had a feeling Jett didn’t want to talk in front of his friend. Maybe he didn’t want to talk to him, either, but it was worth a try.

April sat gingerly on one of Jett’s strong thighs and took the cigarette from his mouth to let him blow smoke. Then he put it back, allowing Jett to enjoy his vice.

I still have my left hand unharmed,” Jett said in a deep voice when April removed the cigarette from his mouth again.

That particular hand was busy feeling up April’s skin, right above the waist, the arm slyly snuck around. April shuddered as Jett’s rough fingers brushed over his abdomen.

Are you two going to fuck in front of me?” Zane asked, making April jump from Jett’s lap. “Not that I mind but I don’t think I can get it up to jerk off properly. You know what? You two go at it, I’ll just record everything for my personal spank bank.”

Jett growled, and April wasn’t sure whether he was serious or just joking.

Zane, let me set you up with a pillow and some blankets so that you can sleep on the sofa,” April said brightly. “I think the best you two can do now is catch some rest. But if you feel worse in the morning, you need to go to a doctor or something, okay?”

Yes, boss,” Zane replied playfully.

April took Jett’s cigarette and stubbed it into the ashtray. “You can go up and I’ll be with you in a second.”

No way I’m letting you alone with Zane.”

All right. Wait till I’m done with setting the bed for him, and then I’ll help you up the stairs.”

April was in no mood to fight over such things. It was two in the morning, no matter which way he looked at things. And the two brawlers with whom he happened to be under the same roof needed their rest. There was no point in antagonizing Jett.

***

Jett felt the pain fading away and his muscles were finally getting soft after being tensed for hours now. But the most pleasant part wasn’t the absence of pain. It was April undressing him and touching him everywhere.

Do you usually do this? Get into brawls?” April asked as he pulled his jeans and socks.

I sleep naked,” Jett pointed out. “Like completely naked.”

Maybe April wouldn’t do it, but a man had to try. With a short sigh, April grabbed a hold of Jett’s underwear and pulled it down, too.

You scared me tonight,” April said as he slid under the covers next to him.

You should sleep naked, too.”

You’re trying to avoid this conversation, aren’t you?” April said, but again, he followed Jett’s suggestion and took off his clothes.

Jett sighed in satisfaction when April glued to him and placed a hand over his chest and a leg over his.

Tell me if I’m too heavy or I hurt you anywhere.”

You can’t hurt me,” Jett said, and his words were starting to slur.

April placed his head against his shoulder. His hair was pleasant against Jett’s skin as short as it was. Maybe he shouldn’t have cut April’s curls. The thought of April’s hair caressing his chest, his skin all over, lower, made him smile.

April was right. He was avoiding the conversation, whatever it was. The truth was that something had happened. Usually, he and Zane would just shake the debtors for their cash and make scarce as soon as possible. They could fight, but that didn’t mean that they weren’t practical men.

But tonight, some schmuck had dared to mouth off at him. It had been the usual crap, but the moment the asshole threatened his family, regardless of the fact that he couldn’t know who Jett was, he had seen red in front of his eyes. The idea that someone would try to hurt Jay and April had made him go almost mad. For a second or two, Zane had shouted at him to wrap things up and get the fuck out.

When Jett didn’t back down, Zane had realized shit was real. Like the true pal he was, he had fought side by side with Jett, making a real mess out of those assholes. The Z brothers didn’t care if they used excessive force, anyway.

No one could threaten his family and get away with it. April said he had been scared tonight. Well, he hadn’t been the only one.

***

A muffled sound made its way through the pleasant dream he was indulging in. He was at the beach, and April wore some minuscule swimwear that could hardly qualify as swim shorts. Jett opened his eyes with much difficulty and looked around him.

April raised his head, peeking over the edge of the bed. “Are you awake? Sorry. Just go back to sleep.”

What are you doing?” Jett asked, his voice still drowsy from sleep.

April appeared a bit guilty. “I need to go to school. Jay’s monitor is on the nightstand.”

Jett shook his head. “I’m supposed to take you to school.”

Don’t be a pest. Just rest. And take care of Jay until I get back.”

What do I know?” Jett complained. “What if he starts crying?”

I’ve already changed him and given him something to eat. You only need to make sure he doesn’t get bored. You could use getting engaged in less dangerous games, too.”

I don’t like you going alone to school.”

Nothing is going to happen. There’s a bus that can take me there, you know. And when I’m done, I’m back here. You won’t even know I was gone.”

Jett stood up and winced a little at the pain in his shoulder. “Stay home. Play hooky.”

No,” April said firmly.

I might throw a tantrum,” Jett said, as he moved toward April who took a few steps back until his back hit the door. “I might get bored.”

April rolled his eyes, and Jett got closer. He was about to lean in for a kiss, when April placed one hand all over his face and stopped him. “Seriously, dude? Morning breath.”

Jett sighed. “Okay. But come straight back home when you’re finished. And, if it’s any trouble, any, do you hear me --”

I hear you.” April seemed to blush as he wiggled his way out from Jett’s trap.

Jett grinned. April’s eyes kept darting down, and he knew what they were looking at. He took April’s hand and placed it firmly over his naked dick. “There’s a close friend of mine here that can’t wait for you to come back.”

Who? Zane?” April teased him and pulled his hand away. For a second, though, his fingers had curled around Jett’s cock.

Jett’s only reply was a small growl. “I hope that asshole is already out of my house.”

No. If you still remember, both of you came back home last night looking like some extras from a gangster movie. I left some omelet for you two on the kitchen table. There’s ketchup in the fridge. Also, there’s juice. Make sure Zane doesn’t take a liquid breakfast. He kept asking me last night about booze. He doesn’t know that I hid it all.”

You did?” Jett asked, surprised.

April shrugged. “There’s a baby in the house. You need to keep everything dangerous away from babies. They have a way of finding bad stuff to put in their mouths.”

And do I get to know where you stashed the liquor?” Jett asked.

April considered for a moment, and then said with determination. “No.”

No?”

You and Zane count as two extra babies right now. If things still hurt, I left some more painkillers on the kitchen counter for the both of you. But no booze. Okay, now I really need to go. Just play with Jay.”

What should I play with him?”

There are all sorts of toys in his room. Just pick something, okay?”

Jett shrugged. “Don’t blame me if he starts crying for you.”

Well, you’re his daddy. You’ll figure out something.”

I’ll text you like a madman if anything happens.”

Only if it’s an emergency,” April said and pointed a finger at Jett. “Now, put on some clothes.”

Why?” Jett asked with a sly smile.

April smiled, too. “Do you usually walk around Zane in the buff?”

No,” Jett said right away.

Good. I might start worrying about your cherry,” April said and his eyes were like a cat’s in front of a bowl of milk.

What cherry?” Jett snorted. “I fucked like hundreds of times and --”

Really? And has anyone gotten to score with you that way?” April said with a large grin.

It dawned on Jett. “Of course not.”

Yeah, he needed some clothes on. April laughed on his way out.

***

So, when are you going to tell us everything?” Gaby sat to his right, and Raj sat to his left.

April groaned. He was thoroughly cornered. “Guys, let’s just enjoy our college life, studying or something.”

You got yourself a boyfriend, and you weasel away every time we try to ask you anything.”

Because there’s nothing to say,” April said a bit too loudly. A few students from nearby tables turned toward him and watched him a little warily. He made himself small in his chair and slurped his juice through the straw. “Guys, do you have any idea why are people looking at me like that?”

Like what?” Raj asked, apparently completely oblivious to whatever April was pointing out.

Hello, you just got yourself a boyfriend,” Gaby replied. “Of course, people are talking.”

Talking? They seem scared or something,” April said.

Gaby just shrugged. “There’s a rumor that you’re dating some made man for a mafia family. Or is it some Japanese yakuza group?”

April choked on his juice. Raj slapped his back, helping him regain his voice after a fit of coughing. “Yakuza? Seriously? Gaby, you’re reading way too much manga.”

She is,” Raj confirmed, shaking his head in righteous disapproval.

Shut up, you closeted otaku,” Gaby said, addressing Raj. “I know for a fact that you have the entire collection and even several figurines representing a certain magical gi--”

Raj stood up abruptly, went behind Gaby’s chair and put one hand over her mouth. Gaby flayed her arms theatrically. “That collection might be worth millions one day. Millions!” Raj declaimed, his voice thunderous.

April made himself even smaller in his chair. His friends’ histrionic manifestations were now drawing even more attention of the wrong kind to their table. Eventually, Raj returned to his place and began devouring his panini sandwich.

Gaby asked in a mysterious voice. “Have you checked his pinky, though? Does he have them both still?”

April rolled his eyes. “Gaby, my boyfriend is not a gangster.”

He was about to add something when he noticed the group of jocks, Dan among them, heading over. Straightening up in his chair, he added. “Well, he’s pretty dangerous. And possessive. He told me that if anyone as little as touches a hair on my head, he’s going to teach them a lesson.”

Gaby stared at him in shock. “All right, April, I get the bad boy appeal, but still. Is he a violent person?”

Not towards me,” April explained. “He’s just very jealous. I can’t go anywhere without him. If a guy as little as looks at me --”

This kind of jealousy might seem cute, now,” Gaby said, “but soon enough it will become a bore. Also, what was with the baby?”

Oh, the baby is his.”

Really?” Raj asked.

The jock group sat at the table closest to them. April cursed inwardly. His friends would hear some more about how messed up Jett was, no matter how untrue that was. He would explain later. Or not. His relationship with Jett was pretty complicated.

He has a baby?” Gaby exclaimed. “And you’re okay with this?”

April shrugged. “Why shouldn’t I? It’s not like I can get pregnant with him, too.”

But it says certain things about him,” Gaby insisted, much to April’s discomfort.

He had no idea how to gesture at Gaby to turn her voice a little lower. It was clear as day that Dan was eavesdropping. “Like what things?”

First of all, that he also likes women. I’m not against anyone, but don’t go for the flirty type, April. Also, where’s the baby’s mom?”

April wanted to slap himself silly. He had dug his own grave. Gaby was in full motherly mode now. “She’s just gone,” he said the first thing that came to mind.

Dead?” Gaby covered her mouth with both hands. “April, I’m so sorry.”

No, not dead,” April hurried to correct his mistake. Dan needed to hear the same version, or else he would be suspicious. “Just not around.”

Gaby shook her head. “And besides babysitting, what else do you do for him?”

April looked at her. “I don’t do anything,” he protested. “Well, maybe I cook a little. And clean.”

Gaby gasped. “He’s turning you into a housewife!”

Raj snickered. April slapped his friend’s shoulder. “That’s not it! And, as you can see, I’m here, at school.”

This is how it all starts,” Gaby said, nodding mostly to herself. “Honey, can you do the laundry? Just today? Honey, how about you cook all this week? I hate going out. Honey, do you think you can stay at home and make seven kids and take care of all of them while I go to work and screw my secretary?” At the end of her tirade, she was heaving.

Gaby, breathe,” April said and pushed her juice can into her hand. “Has anyone asked you to make them a sandwich lately or something?”

Gaby drank from her juice and shook her head.

She’s not even dating anyone,” Raj replied. “Seriously, though, there are no Marlon Brandos throwing radios out the window and behaving like ape men for you to worry about.”

Gaby shot Raj a dirty look.

What?” Raj raised his shoulders, in defense. “I don’t see how a guy would even have such requests from a girl in this day and age.”

Yeah,” Gaby replied. “And how am I supposed to get all rightfully enraged if no one does?”

April scratched his head. Raj stared at Gaby as if he was trying to decipher some long-forgotten mystery.

Gaby just rolled his eyes. “I was just jumping at the opportunity. Seriously, you guys, you can’t take a joke anymore. April, I saw your man. Frankly, if he asks for a sandwich, just go for it. He looks like someone who needs daily protein or might just faint. I heard that love goes through the stomach or something like that. But don’t let him get all medieval on your ass or something.”

All medieval on my ass? Wait, I don’t even want to know what you mean by that.”

Hey, do you want to hang out after classes? I have some tickets for the science fair, courtesy of my dad,” Raj said.

April shook his head. “My man,” he opted for Gaby’s words from earlier for the sake of being heard by Dan, “wants me to get back home as soon as I finish here.”

Gaby gasped. “What? That’s some hardcore stuff, April! Don’t tell me he doesn’t let you wear sexy clothes, either!”

Is she a little too invested in my love life or something?” April asked Raj, seeing how Gaby was still busy playing some role. If a career in STEM was not what she wanted, she could always opt for Hollywood.

Raj just nodded. “That’s what happens with people who don’t have one.”

Gaby punched Raj in the shoulder, her arm stretching fast in front of April and almost knocking his juice.

Hey,” April protested.

Gaby grinned. “Shut up, housewife. And you, Raj, you’re going to take me to the science fair since April is married with kids.”

Kid. Only one,” April said.

Gaby threw him a knowing look. “You two are young. You have all the time in the world for more.”

April just sighed and looked around casually, to observe whether Dan had moved from his place or not. He hadn’t, and now he was staring directly at him. Suddenly, Dan got to his feet and stormed away.

Gaby noticed. “What’s with Frasier?”

April shrugged. “How should I know? We don’t mix with their kind.”

Gaby nodded. “I guess. But I’m pretty sure he was listening to our conversation.”

Maybe he was just bored.” April stole one quick look at Raj. His friend noticed and closed his mouth, as he was just about to say something.

***

Hey, you guys, I’m home,” April said as he opened the door to Jay’s bedroom and observed the scene before his eyes.

Sitting in a circle on the floor, Jett, Jay, and Zane were caught in a game of cards. The grownups had focused expressions on their faces while Jay was busy munching on a card.

What are you doing?”

Hush,” Zane said, “we’re studying Jay’s poker face. He’s perfect. Nothing fazes him.”

April just shook his head. “Poker? Isn’t he a bit too young? Jay, come here.”

Jay forgot all about the card he was munching on and got on his feet. Giggling, he stumbled toward April who caught him deftly in his arms.

Zane hurried to turn the cards that had been in front of Jay. “Damn, I can’t believe he beat us again! Look, Jett. The moment the kid is old enough, we need to bring him in.”

You’re not bringing anyone in, whatever that means. How are you two feeling?”

Zane leaned back on his elbows and stared at April from below. “Now that you’re here, pretty good. Give me a kiss, and I’ll be one hundred percent fine.”

Do you want a kiss from my fist, too?” Jett asked.

Do you two always fight like that?” April asked.

Always,” Zane replied. “Do you happen to have a brother, April? Cute like you?”

Only a sister, sorry to disappoint you. And she’s married.”

Just my luck.” Zane pushed himself up. “Then I leave you two lovebirds to catch up. April, consider a poker player career for Jay, though. The kid is absolutely gold.”

April just smiled at Zane. “See you around, Zane?”

Absolutely. Your man and I work together.”

Oh, that,” April said. “All right, then.”

So Zane thought of Jett as being his man, too. Maybe they were all getting a bit ahead of themselves. A look at Jett told him they weren’t off the mark. The caramel eyes were set on him, and April didn’t need some universal translator to realize what they were saying without words.

TBC

 

 

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great time during the holidays and that you are now refreshed and ready to face the new year (and decade)! Also, I hope you will have enough time to continue following my story!

Until next time,

Hugs and kisses,

Laura.

I also have a Patreon account, where people who feel inclined can come support me while writing these stories. I offer my patrons complete books, and extras, to make their support worthwhile. If that is something you would like to do, or you just want to check out my page, here is the address:

 

https://www.patreon.com/laurasfox

Copyright © 2019 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 43
  • Love 29
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

6 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I don't think Zane is going to let this thing go. One line got me though. You can't hurt me. Oh boy Jett are you wrong there

Yeah, Jett totally doesn't know what he's talking about, right? Glad you noticed that, Wes!

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Kapucinski said:

Thank you for the new chapter. Reading it was more like watching a movie, your characters are so alive. Zane and Jett are on Jay's level, playing cards and studying his pokerface, I was laughing so hard. And April's friends trying to help so he doesn't end like a stay-at-home-mum. And poor confused Dan taking notes. This chapter is so full of information, I have to read it twice or more.

And just for fun:

funny cat chilling GIF

 

 

 

 

Ha-ha, I lol'ed! That's the definition of being a cat - you absolutely don't give a damn! I appreciate your taking the time to comment, and I'm glad you found the chapter interesting! Thanks a lot, and have a great new year!

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I can’t remember how old Jay is (he seems to be aging a year or two each chapter), but I think the first card games we played were Go Fish!, Old Maid (very misogynistic game), and Crazy Eights. And the (now-all-deceased) adults would have confirmed that we did not have Poker Faces when we played Old Maid. We didn’t learn how to play poker until we were in high school. My minister father would not have approved of us playing poker – and it definitely wasn’t strip poker either!
;–)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I can’t remember how old Jay is (he seems to be aging a year or two each chapter), but I think the first card games we played were Go Fish!, Old Maid (very misogynistic game), and Crazy Eights. And the (now-all-deceased) adults would have confirmed that we did not have Poker Faces when we played Old Maid. We didn’t learn how to play poker until we were in high school. My minister father would not have approved of us playing poker – and it definitely wasn’t strip poker either!
;–)

Jay is supposed to be older than one year of age. I guess I'm stretching things in regards to what he can do, all for my devilish desire to write funny scenes!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Hmmmmmm, April and Jay are Jett's weak points. I wonder if the Z Brothers or Jay's mom will use that against him....

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..