Jump to content
    Laura S. Fox
  • Author
  • 4,108 Words
  • 4,927 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Be The Father Of This Child! - 11. Everyone But Us

Chapter Eleven – Everyone But Us

Jett just nodded and remained silent. Sid seemed to observe him for a couple of seconds, without adding anything. That was unnerving. It wasn’t a judgmental look, the kind that told him that he fell short on imaginary standards, the kind he was most used to. It was … kind.

Still, he shifted from one foot to another and cracked his neck, as usual.

That’s not a healthy thing to do,” Sid said right away.

I know,” Jett replied with a smirk. “So April keeps telling me.”

And you’re not listening to him because …” Sid let the question mark in the air.

Could we go downstairs?” Jett chose not to answer that. “Jay needs to sleep now, right?”

Sid nodded and smiled. “I was supposed to say that.”

Jett smiled, too. Something about April’s dad made him feel at ease. Maybe it was all because of those kind eyes. Normally, he should shake in his boots because Sid wanted to ask him some serious questions, obviously. But he didn’t feel anything like that. Actually, he looked forward to speaking to April’s dad. He had some questions, too.

He offered Sid a beer, but the man declined and took to making his own coffee, after searching through the cupboards for everything he needed. Jett couldn’t be of much help. “April just put all the things away. I think he has a system or something,” he explained.

Sid just laughed. “I know. I suspected it.”

Jett sat at a table, and now he started to feel nervous. Sid took a sip from his coffee.

So, Jett, what’s going on between you and April?”

Jett hesitated for one moment. “We’re boyfriends!”

He had said that a little too loud. Sid just quirked an eyebrow and smiled again. “Jay is your son, correct?”

Jett nodded.

And where is his mother?” Sid asked.

At least he wasn’t asking about him and April being boyfriends. Sid appeared to take that news without any questions.

Jett scratched his head. “It’s a bit complicated. I don’t know.”

Sid nodded as if that made perfect sense. “Did you ever have a boyfriend before April?”

Jett just shook his head.

Sid looked straight into his eyes. “Last week, April didn’t have a boyfriend. Before him, you didn’t have one, either. And yet, here you are, raising a baby.”

Yeah,” Jett confirmed and shrugged, crossing his arms defensively across his chest.

Sid appeared lost in thought for a few moments. “Forgive me if I find all this a little hard to believe.”

Why?” Jett asked.

He needed to play this one cool. Why on earth had he blurted out about them being boyfriends? Now it didn’t look like such a good idea.

Because I know April to be a cautious and responsible young man,” Sid replied.

Jett frowned. “And his being with me makes him reckless and irresponsible or something?”

Sid laughed. “A little, yes. But you’re what I imagined as April’s first boyfriend.”

And last, Jett thought. Now, where had that come from? Sometimes, he surprised himself. Being with April felt good, even if they weren’t really boyfriends. It was like everything fell in place when they were together. Jett could not remember having felt like that before, with very few exceptions.

Wait. For real?” He realized with some delay what Sid had just said.

Sid nodded. “Let’s say that I might know my son better than most dads know their sons. Not that I brag. And let’s just say that I also happen to know his type,” he added, putting his hands up and doing the quotation sign.

Jett grinned. It wasn’t like he could help himself. “I’m totally his type,” he said, but his words came out wrong, not confident, but like he was coming to that particular revelation only because April’s dad said so.

That doesn’t mean that I’m not intrigued by what looks to be quite a fast evolution of your relationship.” Sid cut through his enthusiasm immediately. “What gives? To make it clear, I know April lives here with you.”

How could you tell?” Jett asked.

All three pairs of sneakers he likes to wear at the door. Should he just be visiting, there would be no need for all his shoes to be here, right?”

Jett just nodded.

Also,” Sid continued, “I couldn’t help but notice the whole eye dialogue the two of you kept when you thought I wasn’t watching.”

Wow,” Jett barely managed to say. “You’re like a detective or something.”

Sid laughed. “When you’re a parent, you develop certain abilities, without a doubt. How long have you two known each other?”

For a second, Jett felt like that was a trick question. “For a week or so,” he said, deciding to remain vague.

And how did you two meet?” Sid asked.

I was looking for a babysitter,” Jett replied.

Now he was starting to sweat. He needed to be careful about what lies he was saying, and the easiest way was to keep as close to the truth as possible.

Hmm,” Sid said. “And April just offered?”

What can I say? He needed some extra cash.”

So, you’re now paying your boyfriend to take care of your baby?” Sid asked.

Jett shifted in his chair. Sid seemed like a kind man, but he was grilling him like he was the frigging FBI. “Not now. I mean, he doesn’t have to pay for anything while staying here. I can provide,” he added quickly.

Ah. Well, that brings me to my next question. What are you doing for a living, Jett?”

Security,” Jett said quickly and looked away.

Security,” Sid repeated the word as if he was trying to see if he got it correctly.

Yeah,” Jett said.

All right, Jett, it’s time for you to stop worrying. The interview is over,” Sid said with a small, all-knowing smile.

Jett exhaled.

I just wish April told me he got himself a boyfriend,” Sid added. “There are usually no secrets between us.”

So, you’re not going to tell me to leave April alone or something?” Jett asked, still not completely comfortable.

Why should I? I trust April. If that’s his decision, I will respect it. Of course, if you hurt him in any way --”

Will you have my head?” Jett asked.

Sid laughed and shook his head. “No. What I wanted to say is that I trust April to come to me and tell me what he learned from this experience. I taught him everything I could as a parent. But, of course, he can always count on me and know that I won’t judge him.”

Jett felt a bit relieved. “Thanks.”

For nothing,” Sid said. “Although I do need to tell you a little about safe sex.”

Damn. April had been right. Jett stood straight in his chair and listened carefully. Twenty minutes later, his cheeks were in flames, and he was in terrible need of drinking a glass of water. April’s dad was pretty thorough, and he didn’t miss a thing.

***

Is it okay for him to be out and about like this?” Jett asked as he watched Jay playing with some leaves.

Sid stopped Jay just in time as he tried to put the leaves in his mouth. “He’s not actually sick. It’s just some little teeth giving us a hard time, right, Jay?” He scooped the baby into his arms, and Jay giggled.

Jett squinted. “Man, he’s getting so many teeth. Now I see. How the hell did I miss it?”

It’s like that with babies,” Sid explained. “They grow fast, but it happens so that we don’t quite realize when all the changes happen. You’ll get used to it. Are you searching for Jay’s mom?”

Jett scratched his head. It was weird to be in the backyard like that. It was just one of those places he didn’t care about. “I tried, but nothing came out of it. April suggested that I should send some DNA samples to see if Jay is mine. But I know he’s mine.”

Sid nodded. “I do think he looks like you.”

Really?” Jett kicked some fallen leaves and watched as they settled slowly back on the ground.

It’s mostly the chin. And the forehead.” Sid gestured for him to come closer.

Jett watched attentively. “Yeah, if you put it like this, I think I see something.”

Jay reached for him with both hands. “Dadadadadada …”

And he knows you’re his daddy.” Sid handed Jay over to Jett.

He took the baby carefully. “I thought he would call April dad first. He’s really great with Jay.”

That’s quite surprising,” Sid said. “I mean, he played occasionally with Dana’s twins, but, otherwise, he didn’t have much contact with kids.”

Jett stared at Sid to see if he was being played. So April had no experience with babies? Go figure.

Maybe he’s a natural,” Sid explained. “He has always been good-natured, even as a kid. Maybe a little quirky at times, but it was always all in good fun. April has a good heart, Jett. I just want you to remember that.”

Sure thing I will,” Jett promised. “I think he takes after you.”

Sid laughed. “You’re good at flattery, I see.”

I really think you’re the coolest father-in-law I could hope for. All that talk about sex ed, phew, man.”

What did you call me?” Sid asked, and it looked like he could barely keep from laughing.

Jett froze. “Erm, I mean, you’re cool. For a dad. Someone else’s dad. April’s. I really have no idea why I said that.”

I have one, but I won’t share it with you,” Sid said, his eyes lit with amusement. “Now, how would you like some pancakes? Has April ever made pancakes for you? There is a recipe that’s been in our family for generations. I swear. Best kept secret within a one-mile radius from our home.”

Jett laughed. Well, it was easy to feel comfortable around Sid. “He hasn’t. But I’ll taste them first and let you know what I think.”

And this little fellow will have a meal with us,” Sid said and gestured for Jett to hand Jay over. “Now that he feels a little better, it’s time to have him eat a little, too.”

***

Psst, Summer,” someone called for him from behind.

April turned and saw Dan gesturing at him from behind the corner of a building. The crowds of students were wearing thin, and April was about to text Jett to come to pick him up. Maybe it wasn’t that great an idea to go over and talk to Dan, but it was an issue he needed to address and fast.

What do you want?” he asked, and remained at a fair distance from Dan, although he took steps in his direction.

Come closer. I won’t do anything to you.”

April sighed, but moved a little closer. Still, he stopped and walked a little to the right to peek around the corner. “Are you and your buddies ready to give me a beating?”

There was no one there.

No,” Dan protested. “This isn’t high school.”

April shrugged. “Could’ve fooled me. What do you want, Dan?”

Look,” Dan started, “I want to apologize for the name-calling and all that.” He moved from one foot to another and looked sideways like he was waiting for someone to jump him.

Seriously? Have you had a crash course on sensitivity or something? Wow, impressive results.”

Dan snickered but then became serious again. “That before, it was just, you know.”

I have no idea what you’re talking about,” April said.

It’s hard. Being on the team, and everyone expecting, you know, for you to be, like, I don’t know, like them.”

April nodded. “Not something I can relate to, but anyways. It must be tough to be so popular and get invited to all the parties. Oh, I should say that it’s only the beginning. It only gets worse from here.” Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to be sarcastic, but he couldn’t help it.

Dan’s eyes grew wide. “Worse? Like how?”

Not the brightest tool in the shed, April thought. But it wasn’t his place to judge anyone. “I’m just pulling your leg. Keep it up, and you might get places, playing for a big team and all that. There’s life after college, and since I did see you playing, I believe you have great potential. Not that I’m an expert or anything.”

Do you really think I have great potential?”

A clear case of selective hearing, April decided. “Yeah. So what’s so hard, anyway? Everybody likes you.”

Yeah.” Dan’s eyes darted sideways, again. “Do you like me, April?” This time, the blue eyes set on April, and they looked hopeful.

Not Summer, not girlie, not whatever stupid name Dan’s friends must have invented for him. Dan called him by his name, and that seemed a bit weird and even dangerous.

April looked away. What was he supposed to say to that?

I know what you’re saying. That I have, like, this incredible life. All guys want to be friends with me. All girls want to be with me.”

Each of Dan’s statements was punctuated by April with ‘Ohs’, ‘Ahs’, and ‘Ums’.

But what if it’s not what I want?” Dan seemed to be a bit in pain saying that.

April scratched his head. “Ah, so that’s the hard part, right?”

What if I want … this?”

April didn’t have enough time to react. Dan reached for him and placed his lips over his. For a second, it felt good, but April put one hand on Dan’s chest and pushed him back firmly. “Not a good idea, man.”

Dan was still holding him, and the look in his eyes told the entire story. “Why? I thought you were into me.”

I have a boyfriend,” April said brightly.

Later, he could blame Jett for planting stupid ideas in his head.

Really? Who? That gangster dude you’re babysitting for? I heard your friends saying something. Sorry to break it to you, April, but that guy looks straight to me, no matter what he says.”

And you’re an expert in telling who’s gay or not how?” April asked.

Come on, April. The dude has a baby. How come he has a baby? Where’s his wife or his girlfriend anyway?”

Gone,” April said and even made a small gesture as if Jett’s girlfriend had dematerialized in thin air.

She died?” Dan seemed shocked.

No, no, no, that’s not what I meant. She just, you know, left.”

All the more reason to stay clear of that guy. He must have been abusive with her or something.”

Really? Yesterday you were calling me names and low-key threatening me,” April pointed out.

I don’t see you scared.”

Scared? Why should I be?”

You shouldn’t. I’m a good guy,” Dan said.

April quirked an eyebrow.

Dan looked away. “I’m sorry, okay? I just got scared, that’s all.”

You could have just said nothing,” April said. “It would have been better than calling me names.”

Someone saw us at that party, and some gossip started. You must have heard it.”

Yeah,” April admitted. “But you could have just shrugged it off if you thought it was a mistake.”

I panicked,” Dan confessed. “And I don’t think it was a mistake. Ever since, I’ve only thought of, um,” he ran one hand through his hair, “kissing you again.”

Sorry about that,” April replied in a flat tone. “I have a boyfriend, as I told you.”

Were you with him when you kissed me?” Dan asked, and he seemed wounded now.

No. I hadn't met him yet.”

And did you just decide to go out with him? Just like that?”

I would have done the same thing with you if you hadn’t panicked,” April said, and this time, he looked Dan in the eyes.

The other took a step back. “I see what this is all about.”

You do?” April sighed in relief. He reached for Dan to pat him on the shoulder. “Look, Dan, I’m here if you have questions --”

Dan swatted his hand away. “You’re pissed at me for treating you like that. It’s okay. I will prove myself. And I don’t need your pity. There’s no way that dude is your boyfriend.”

Dan, seriously, he is.”

Dan just shook his head, and his eyes darted sideways, his nostrils flaring as if there was an opponent in front of him, and he needed to go through him.

April crossed his arms over his chest. “Don’t turn this into something it’s not. Okay, so we made out a little --”

I barely got to kiss you,” Dan said with reproach.

And by how you pulled away as soon as you heard someone coming, you clearly are not prepared for this. I’m sorry, but I’m not in the closet. If you are, that’s fine, but that’s not for me. If you’re just confused, that’s okay, too. And if it was just because you were drunk, that’s a non-issue, as well.”

I wasn’t that drunk,” Dan said under his breath while looking down and studying his kicks for some reason.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter. I have a boyfriend, and that’s final.”

We’ll see about that, Summer,” Dan started talking loudly.

April stared at Dan and was about to say something cutting. Dan moved past him, pushing against his shoulder. When April looked after him, he got it. One of Dan’s friends was there and smirking at him.

April just rolled his eyes. He didn’t care about outing Dan or whatever. But the whole thing was pissing him off. “We won’t see anything because I’m not talking to you ever again,” he said loudly.

Oh, we’re shaking,” Dan’s friend mocked him. He put one hand over his chest. “You really hurt our feelings, Summer.”

If I wanted to hurt your feelings, I would hit you lower,” April said. “You guys are all balls, but not much else.”

Dan caught his friend by one arm, and April did take one step back. Maybe he had gone a little too far this time around.

Let him be. He’s not worth it,” Dan said and shot one last look at April, something mixed, with both longing and hurt.

Nah, let’s just teach him a lesson.”

Dude, we could get into trouble.”

April took another step back and pulled out his phone. Now was a good time to call Jett.

Hey, I thought you would text or something,” Jett’s voice came through.

There are two guys here, at school, who want to beat me up,” April said loudly.

What? Go straight for the balls, then run. I’m on my way,” Jett said quickly.

Jett had cut off the convo, but April continued to talk. “Yeah, I think you should bring your piece, too.”

Dan and his friend froze in place.

Is this dude for real? Are you bluffing, Summer?” Dan’s friend tried to take another step further.

Dan appeared to squeeze his friend’s arm harder. “His boyfriend is some gangster dude. I don’t think he’s bluffing.”

Gangster? He’s just lying.”

No, dude. I saw him. He must have a gun.”

There was some more hesitation, so April continued his charade. “Are you going to break their legs? It’s a little harsh because they’re football players. I don’t know if they mind if they skip this season. My boyfriend wants to ask you something,” he said, looking at Dan and his friend.

He held out his phone. He was totally insane to bluff like that, but both jocks jolted back as if April’s phone was a loaded gun.

Yeah, not worth it,” Dan’s friend said to save face. “Just be careful, Summer.”

I’m always careful,” April said and smiled. “Buh-bye.”

Now that felt good. It had been completely insane on his part to confront those two like that, but it was nice to have a guard dog on speed dial. April shook his head. He hadn’t just thought of Jett as a giant dog, had he? He was more like a giant bear, given his stature. No, he was pure muscle, April continued his musings, as he walked toward the exit. Maybe he was more like a dog, after all. A Rottweiler with killer instincts and bloodshot eyes. Yeah, that was more like it.

He waited in front of the school, looking for Jett’s car. No one seemed in the mood to bother him again.

A screeching sound of tires made the few people around stop and look. April stared in disbelief at the vehicle, rushing toward him like he’d been shot out of hell.

Jett jumped out of the car almost the same moment he killed the engine. For a moment, April thought he would witness a movie-like sequence where the main protagonist walked smoothly out of a moving car and let it crash while he marched toward the bad guys.

Mad skills,” he said as Jett hurried to him.

Where are the assholes?” Jett asked loudly.

Now they had an audience. Only then April realized Jett was making a scene – a movie-like scene, but still – and he was the culprit for it.

No assholes,” April said quickly.

Are you hurt anywhere?” Jett grabbed him and began to feel his body.

That was downright weird, and the passersby were getting obviously more and more curious.

No. Jett, wait. I’m fine. I was just checking your response time,” April came up with a quick lie.

Jett stopped for a moment, and then he threw a murderous look around. “What are you looking at?” he shouted at a poor nerdy guy who squealed and ran away. The other people took a step back, too. “Checking my response time? How about my response time to strangle you?” Jett turned on him his murderous intents.

April waved with both hands in surrender. “No strangling, please. And you were fast, really fast. Great.”

So, no one was threatening you?” Jett walked closer and grabbed April hard. “Do you have any idea how many traffic laws I broke on my way here?”

Shit,” April whispered. He looked around. “Are the police after you?”

No, dweeb. I know how to lose the police.”

Of course, he knew.

Now give me a strong reason not to kick your ass,” Jett said.

Well, he needed something fast. April grabbed Jett by the shoulders and kissed him on the lips. The hard muscles under his fingers seemed to relax a fraction as he deepened the kiss. Jett kissed him back without one moment of hesitation.

Their bodies glued together. A few cheers and hoots made April realized they weren’t supposed to hump through their clothes in front of the school. “Let’s just get home to Jay,” he said, and grabbed Jett’s hand, dragging him toward the car.

Okay, but keep that thought,” Jett agreed.

Sorry about that, everyone,” April said quickly, to the people still staring at them.

Okay, he hadn’t thought this through at all.

***

Jett looked ahead, trying to focus on driving. “So there was really no one bothering you at school? Like that guy?”

No one,” April said quickly. “And that guy is just in the closet and, well, you know.”

He wants you to go out with him or something?” Jett asked.

It doesn’t matter. I told him I have a boyfriend.”

Jett grinned. That meant April would not get pissed over the news that Jett had told Sid precisely that. “Yeah? And didn’t he ask who your boyfriend was?”

I told him that’s you.”

Good. I told your dad the same thing.”

What?! Jett, what the hell, man?”

Hey, you go around telling people we’re together. I have the right to do the same, okay?”

April fell silent for a moment. “It’s okay, I guess. You’re right. It makes everything easier. As long as we know that’s not true, I’m fine with it.”

You’re fine with everyone but us knowing we’re boyfriends?” Jett asked just to get it clear.

Yeah,” April confirmed.

You kissed me there,” Jett pointed out.

I was just saving my ass. You were about to start kicking it.”

For real? You’ll have to do more than that to save your ass,” Jett said.

April wouldn’t save his ass. But it wasn’t a kicking what Jett had in mind.

Like what?”

I’ll think of something.”

Of course, he couldn’t go at it directly. April was too bent on saving his cherry for someone special. Jett only needed to make him see he was that special someone.

TBC


 

Hi, everyone! I hope you enjoyed the one-on-one talk between Jett and Sid, and that you will commend me for being merciful and not show in detail in safe-sex talk, lol. Also, feel free to appraise Jett's response time, too. Next time, it will be April's turn to offer some explanations to his dad, and Jett will realize a few things. Also, things will get a little hot ... I don't know how that could happen since winter should be at home by now ... Hmm, not saying anything else (feel free to hate me, but do it in the comments!)

Until next time,

Hugs and kisses,

Laura.

I also have a Patreon account, where people who feel inclined can come support me while writing these stories. I offer my patrons complete books, and extras, to make their support worthwhile. If that is something you would like to do, or you just want to check out my page, here is the address:

 

https://www.patreon.com/laurasfox

Copyright © 2019 Laura S. Fox; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 35
  • Haha 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



1 hour ago, Daddydavek said:

Well now Jett is convinced and April seems to be getting there...Friends with benefits is fine, but lovers is better.

Of course it's better. Let's just give them a little time :) Thank you for your comment, Dave!

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Why do you make me fall in love with these characters? I love Sid's interrogation!!!! I love this story!!

 

Ah, thank you so much, Wes! I couldn't have hoped for a better reaction!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Poor closeted Dan. He needs to build some self-confidence along with those muscles. He needs to learn how to be himself and not worry so much about what his teammates and friends think about everything.

Maybe he should look for a guy who has a little more in common with him than just a shared high school. Are there any cute, male cheerleaders? Maybe one of his fellow football players? Or maybe he should be checking out the notoriously hetero-flexible frat boys…
;–)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Teething causes inflammation. That could cause a fever. This is when Jay should be playing with those squeaky toys!
;–)

Lol, almost always had dried Ika around for toasted snacks. We would cut wider than the normal snack strips of the dried Ika for our kids teething. It starts out hard, tougher like leather, but softens some as chewed upon; its never is in danger of choking chunks separating and it drys and hardens again as they would lay it down. They enjoyed the favor which kept them interested and we could get a good number of strips from a single splayed squid. Seldom did we fight with the teething tantrums as they kept their gums well massaged with their tasty chews. LOL

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Philippe said:

Lol, almost always had dried Ika around for toasted snacks. We would cut wider than the normal snack strips of the dried Ika for our kids teething. It starts out hard, tougher like leather, but softens some as chewed upon; its never is in danger of choking chunks separating and it drys and hardens again as they would lay it down. They enjoyed the favor which kept them interested and we could get a good number of strips from a single splayed squid. Seldom did we fight with the teething tantrums as they kept their gums well massaged with their tasty chews. LOL

Kind of like the raw hide given to dogs to chew on – minus the pieces that my younger brother’s dog always seemed to create. Too bad they never helped with her breath. Annoying poodle mix with a wide beagle-like snout and a tail that was docked a little too short. She wore a puppy cut her entire life.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, 1brokNangel said:

Why can't every day be Sunday, I want more and more......PLEASE

That reminded me of a song…

🎶

(More, more, more) how do you like it, how do you like it
(More, more, more) how do you like it, how do you like it
(More, more, more) how do you like it, how do you like it

🎶

I had no idea that Andrea True (1943-2011) had been a porn actor before she recorded the song.
;–)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Teething causes inflammation. That could cause a fever. This is when Jay should be playing with those squeaky toys!
;–)

Now there are some thingies called teething rings, specially made for this kind of suffering.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Poor closeted Dan. He needs to build some self-confidence along with those muscles. He needs to learn how to be himself and not worry so much about what his teammates and friends think about everything.

Maybe he should look for a guy who has a little more in common with him than just a shared high school. Are there any cute, male cheerleaders? Maybe one of his fellow football players? Or maybe he should be checking out the notoriously hetero-flexible frat boys…
;–)

Oh, I have just the right person lined up for Dan ... just wait and see, lol!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, 1brokNangel said:

Why can't every day be Sunday, I want more and more......PLEASE

🥰 Thank you for your appreciation!

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Laura S. Fox said:

Now there are some thingies called teething rings, specially made for this kind of suffering.

They have them here too, but Jay already has his squeaky toys and they’ll do in a pinch.
;–)

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Laura S. Fox said:

Oh, I have just the right person lined up for Dan ... just wait and see, lol!

Zane?
;–)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

"Jett stood straight in his chair and listened carefully. Twenty minutes later, his cheeks were in flames, and he was in terrible need of drinking a glass of water. April’s dad was pretty thorough, and he didn’t miss a thing."

Of course Sid was thorough, and Jett, "the one task man" of course listened carefully. This is just a little example of the the little things that I like so much about your writing, you describe your characters so good through pictures like this. I think, Jett is a pragmatic , it was better to listen to the lecture than to educate himself on the internet. (And we all know what we get on google, if we search for something specific. Once I was searching for "naked cats", looking for the Sphynx… And I got more than an eyeful...

not related to the story, sorry

night hair GIF

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Zane?
;–)

This so wicked! Dan really needs someone tougher than April to set him straight. A really lovely Idea 👨‍❤️‍👨

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Kapucinski said:

"Jett stood straight in his chair and listened carefully. Twenty minutes later, his cheeks were in flames, and he was in terrible need of drinking a glass of water. April’s dad was pretty thorough, and he didn’t miss a thing."

Of course Sid was thorough, and Jett, "the one task man" of course listened carefully. This is just a little example of the the little things that I like so much about your writing, you describe your characters so good through pictures like this. I think, Jett is a pragmatic , it was better to listen to the lecture than to educate himself on the internet. (And we all know what we get on google, if we search for something specific. Once I was searching for "naked cats", looking for the Sphynx… And I got more than an eyeful...

not related to the story, sorry

night hair GIF

 

I think that cat had enough of everyone's BS, lol! But, hey, that's what you get from searching stuff on the internet (which reminds me of a South Park episode where every search led to sex related results, regardless).

Never apologize for funny gifs! And thank you for paying so much attention to what I write. It is just so interesting for me to see what I wrote through another person's eyes. I believe your analysis of Jett's characters is right on point. (And yes, better not try to get all his education from the internet, lol). Thanks a lot for your comment!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
20 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

The talk with Dad was great! Nice dialogue. Dan was an interesting revelation. This story is so much fun! I am really enjoying it! Thanks. 

Thanks a lot, Jeffrey! I'm so glad you like it!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Laura S. Fox said:

How did you know? 😮

I toss my darts blindly wherever I think the target might be (plus a few extras just to keep everyone on their toes)! When an author gives me a clue like you did, I narrow my guesses to the most likely person that’s been mentioned. It was unlikely that you’d match Dan up with one of April's barely mentioned or described classmates or a character from another of your stories…
;–)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..