Jump to content
    LillyLee
  • Author
  • 2,313 Words
  • 3,037 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Prince - 11. Chapter 11

Prince Noah stood in his chambers and studied himself in the mirror. Dressed in his best he looked much older than 18. The pale hue to his skin and dark bags that had been prevalent over the past two years added to his aged appearance. Noah sighed and ran a bony hand through his unwashed hair; it had lost its softness and the curls were weighed down with grim. Lieutenant, or rather Captain now, Landon would be angry; he had told Noah to bathe well for tonight. So of course the young Prince had disregarded the guard's wishes. He refused to pretend he was going into this willingly.

After the confrontation between Landon and Noah's beloved blacksmith, Phoenix, the King gave Landon a promotion to Captain of the Guard and appointed him Noah's personal bodyguard. Noah's life had changed dramatically over the last two years. William had been removed from the guard, along with his accomplices, and they were disowned from their families. They were kept up by the villagers for a few months but eventually had to leave town. Anyone with suspected ties to the now wanted and missing blacksmith was kept under close watch and harassed daily by the guard. Causing many to leave town in order to escape the oppression. Phoenix's old friends were among those; Grayson and his mate Violet, Alessandro and his pair bond Caly, as well as Aurora and Frank (which had broken poor Ms.Sarah's heart). Phoenix's Mother had moved in with Owen for her own safety. Noah himself was practically a prisoner in his own house. He was only allowed to leave on official business and only with Landon or his handpicked guards by his side.

Landon himself had become even more of a nightmare; Noah had to be very careful and sneaky to make sure they were never alone together. Landon had wandering hands and a dirty tongue. He was constantly reminding the younger man of his plans for the night of his eighteenth birthday, which would also be their wedding day. Noah had managed to avoid the worst but Landon was constantly brushing up against him and running his hands along the boy's skin.

When their engagement was announced last year the courts rejoiced as was expected of them, but the village mourned behind doors. They knew the young Prince wasn't agreeing to the wedding willingly, most everyone knew his heart belonged to the missing blacksmith, but there was nothing anyone could do. There had been no word or sight of Phoenix for over a year and Noah wasn't allowed to speak to anyone without Landon by his side.

Noah's chest clenched and his eyes burned. He didn't even know if his love was alive. His insides were twisted in knots as he warred with himself. Part of him was tired and dead inside, thoughts of giving in swarming his head. It's not like it mattered; life wasn't truly worth living without his Phoenix. And it wasn't like he could do anything to stop the inevitable. The other side of him was disgusted by the thought. Burned with hatred for his Father and Landon, determined to fight to the last minute, to his very last breath if need to. To refuse Landon and everything he stood for. Even if it was a losing battle he should honor his lover till the end.

"My Lord?" A soft voice called through the door. Ms.Sarah had been Noah's saving grace, his only friend and confidant over the years. She had been moved from the kitchen and assigned Noah's personal maid. Simply because she was the only one who could get close to him without harm.

"Come in."

The door pushed open and the small girl came in, "It's almost time honey. Are you ready?"

"Ms.Sarah, I'm about five seconds from throwing myself out that window."

"Don't speak like that, my Lord!" It was a conversation they had many times, but Noah had never sounded as defeated as he did now.

"What do I have to live for? He's not coming back, Ms.Sarah." Noah's voice broke and his legs started to shake, "I can't give myself to Landon, and we both know he won't take no for an answer. I can't do it. I can't go through with this."

Ms.Sarah surged forward and caught the prince as his legs gave out and the slumped to the ground together. "Phoenix! Oh God Phoenix, my love where are you?" Noah's small body racked with sobs, his breath coming short.

"Oh Noah, my darling friend, you must hush." Ms.Sarah's voice was urgent, "I know it hurts. My sweet boy, you cannot let the guards hear you!"

"I don't care. Let them come, there is nothing worse they can do to me."

Ms.Sarah gripped his shoulders and pushed him back to look him in the face, "Do you trust me Noah?"

"You're the only one left in this castle I do trust."

"Then pull yourself together and go bathe."

"Ms.Sarah…"

"You listen to me now, go bathe and shave. Wash your hair and I'll cut it nice for you." Her voice was firm, like a mother scolding her child, pulling him to his feet and ushering him towards the quickly cooling bath.

"I have no desire to appease the animals and no desire to look pleasant for him."

"Trust me, fratellino, don't show them they broke you."

Noah sighed and stripped off his clothes before slipping behind the screen and into the waiting bath. Ms.Sarah was right; it would break Phoenix's heart if he saw his lover like this. Even if he was dead Noah would hold his head high and proud in his honor. He would not let them see him broken. There was nothing he could do about his now thin and frail body or his sickly skin. But he would try his best to once again appear as the Prince he once was.


 

Once he was clean and dry he dressed in his trousers and sat on a stool where Ms.Sarah gave his hair a much needed trim and shaved the small amount of hair on his face. As he stood again in front of the mirror and buttoned up his shirt they heard a commotion in the hallway. Guards yelling and the clash of steel filled the air.

"Protect the Prince!" They heard from the hall. Noah rushed to his wardrobe and took up his beloved black steel sword. Placing himself between Ms.Sarah and the door he lifted his sword and prepared himself. It had been a long time since he had used it, and it felt heavy in his now weakened arms, but he would die protecting his dearest maid.

"Quickly, through the door into your room. You will be safe there." He whispered.

"I'm not leaving you alone, Noah!"

"You MUST, I do not think I am strong enough to protect another anymore. They are coming for me alone and it would kill me if I endangered the last friend I have."

"Alright, but please, be careful my Prince, be safe."

The door swung open just as Ms.Sarah pulled her adjoining door closed with a soft click.


 

The dark haired man leaned against the door with his back to Noah breathing deeply with a soft laugh.

Confused, Noah cleared his throat. The man hadn't even noticed that he wasn't alone.

"Not quite the reunion I was planning." The dark haired man spoke without turning around. Noah's arm wavered at the sound of his voice. "But I suppose it could be worse." Finally the dark haired man turned, a mischievous smirk on his face. Noah dropped his sword as his legs gave out. The dark haired man surged forward and pulled the Prince into his arms before he hit the ground.

"Hey now, precious, careful there."

"Ph... Phoenix?" His voice was soft and quivering.

"My dearest Prince, you sound surprised to see me. Did you think I would allow this to happen?" Noah stared up at him wide eyed, shaking with shock, "Alright, I will admit I am cutting it close, I had planned to be here sooner. But trouble arose. As soon as I got word of the engagement I started my journey back."

The clash of steel and raised voices came through the door again, slightly closer. Phoenix turned towards the door with a frown before his attention came back to his Prince.

He brushed the back of his hand gently across Noah's cheek, giving the boy a soft grin, "My dear Prince, time is short and I wish we had time for a proper greeting but alas, we must go."

"Go? You cannot go." Noah gripped his lost love's shirt and pulled him close, "You just got back."

Phoenix laughed, "Not just I my love, us, we. I've come to rescue you. To take you away from this prison life. You and me, Noah. "

"Leave? To..together?"

"Why, of course. My crew is covering our escape so we must make haste." Phoenix pulled Noah to his feet and tried to usher him towards the window.

“Your crew?”

The glint of sun streaming in hit the Prince in the face snapping him out of the daze he had been in.

"Wait… Phoen...Phoenix wait!" Noah ripped his arm out of his loves grasp.

 

Phoenix stopped and looked back in surprise. Noah finally got a good look at his long lost lover. He was slightly taller than when he had left his skin bronzed from the sun and his hair pulled back into a long ponytail. His clothes were plain but well tailored, fitting his muscled frame nicely. He had filled out even more and his shirt was open halfway to reveal his toned and hairless chest. He looked amazing; Noah had to swallow the lump in his throat before he could speak.

"Two years Phoenix. Not one word, I did not even know if you were alive." Phoenix had the good sense to look guilty. "And now you show up here, on the day of my wedding, and expect me to just run off with you?"

"Noah, my price, you do not… I mean you cannot possibly…" Phoenix stopped and closed his eyes; he took and deep breathe and clenched his hands to fists. "I'm sorry. I told you this was not how I had planned it to go. Do you want to marry him? Have I lost your heart, my most precious Prince?" His voice was soft and breathy. Noah glared at Phoenix a minute longer, the pain in his love's eyes was breaking his heart and he felt the anger melt away. The young prince sighed and shook his head, "Of course I do not want to marry that slag, but thank you for finally asking." His voice dripping with sarcasm. Phoenix's whole face lit up and in a flash his hands were on Noah's waist and he lifted the smaller boy in the air and spun him around.

"Thank the deity! You scared me for a moment." Phoenix's grin faltered for a moment. "You have lost weight my dear." At the sight of Noah's scowl he put Noah back on his feet and dropped to one knee.

"Prince Noah, my Lord and Liege, if it pleases you. I am here to aid you as you so wish. My men and I have planned a time sensitive escape. And if you so choose to grant me the honor of assisting you, I will take you away from here. I will help you live with the freedom you deserve." Phoenix placed his fist on his heart and bowed his head. "I await your orders."

Noah's eyes burned with tears. "You dim witted tosser. Get up."

Phoenix glanced up with a smirk. "As you wish." He purred, rising to his feet. The young prince had to repress a shiver.

"I would love to run away with you, my dearest Phoenix; it has been my deepest wish since you were taken from me. For you to appear out of nowhere, too take me away..."

Phoenix's grin dropped. "But…?

"But, I cannot just run away. I have a responsibility to my people. Too many people have paid for my selfishness and I will not allow any more."

"So what… you are going to marry him?" Phoenix's voice grew loud and sharp with anger. "You are going to bow to your crazy father's wishes and marry that...that… urggg… Noah I cano't let you marry him!"

"Phoenix! Stop!"

"But…"

"Give me silence and pull yourself together." Phoenix snapped his mouth shut, his back going rigid at the sound of Noah's royal voice. "I never said I was going to marry him. You are right, I cannot do that, but I cannot just leave. You have no idea what has been happening to this kingdom since you have been gone. The people are suffering, I have to do something. You said you have men? A crew? How many, are they loyal? Are they simply here for an escape or are they truly willing to help me in any way I need?"

"I have a crew of 20 truly loyal men, who will be willing to die for us. Many of which you already know, do not think I know nothing of what has been happening. Word has reached me my love; many of those who have fled the village have sought me out."

"And yet you could get no word to me." It was not a question, but a statement filled with bite.

"Noah…"

"Save it." His prince snapped. "You can explain and grovel later."

"Yes my lord. What will you have me do?"

"First, we need to stop the fighting and get everyone together in the throne room."

Copyright © 2017 LillyLee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow poor Noah. I don't know who's worst the so called king or landon. Thank the dirty for ms Sarah.can't wait for more!

Link to comment

Definitely not the reunion I was expecting, but I'm glad Noah has the strength of character to put his people first. Now to see what he's planning to do in the throne room... :unsure:

Link to comment

Wow, I'm surprised Noah put up with this for as long as he did. I have an idea of what his plan could be, but whatever it is it's probably not good news for Landon. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Link to comment

I’m glad Noah is choosing to fight for his people rather than flight. Regicide seems unlikely, but exile for Landon seems imminent.

Link to comment
On 02/27/2017 05:12 AM, droughtquake said:

I’m glad Noah is choosing to fight for his people rather than flight. Regicide seems unlikely, but exile for Landon seems imminent.

I wanted Noah to be at least a little bad-ass lol, he seemed to loose his muchness when Phoenix went away. Time to earn back his title!

Thanks for taking the time to review!

Link to comment
On 02/27/2017 02:46 AM, Shadow086 said:

Wow, I'm surprised Noah put up with this for as long as he did. I have an idea of what his plan could be, but whatever it is it's probably not good news for Landon. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Me to, mostly it was so I could hurry up and get to the good part of Phoenix's return lol

Thanks for taking the time to review! I'm so glad you're hooked! :D

Link to comment
On 02/27/2017 01:59 AM, hillj69 said:

Definitely not the reunion I was expecting, but I'm glad Noah has the strength of character to put his people first. Now to see what he's planning to do in the throne room... :unsure:

dun dun dun lol

He just needed a little wake up call :)

Thanks for taking the time to review!

Link to comment
On 02/27/2017 12:20 AM, Wesley8890 said:

Wow poor Noah. I don't know who's worst the so called king or landon. Thank the dirty for ms Sarah.can't wait for more!

I'm so glad your enjoying it!

They both suck donkey d1ck in my eyes lol

I hope you enjoy the rest!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..