Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

Hiding in Plain Sight

   (6 reviews)

This is the story of our people from the time of The First Lord's awakening until recent days, I may be asked to add more as time passes.

This has been a time of change for our people, one where we have learned to look at our past and our future, and embrace them and the changes as we accept others and their technology into our lives.

If you want to know more you must first read the story of my First Lord and our people.

What happens when a world reaches its end? There are many possible scenarios. This is the story of what happened after the end of our world, of our will and determination to continue to exist.
Copyright © 2024 Secret Author; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 6
  • Addictive/Pacing 5
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 6
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 7

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 17,388 Words
    • 886 Views
    • 37 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Bill W

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is an interest and imaginative Sci-Fi story, with plenty of technical jargon for those who like those things, but more importantly there are multiple competing love stories taking place.  The most important love story is the main character, Clay, and his childhood best friend, Jack, with whom he'd only recently been reunited.   I find the characters to be well written and the main character to be very likeable, and the supporting cast of characters perfect for their supporting soles.  

Response from the author:

Thank you @Bill W for a great review.

  • Like 1
  • Love 6
Link to review
chris191070

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

I love a good Sci-Fi story, and this doesn't dissapoint.

You really need to read this to discover what is hidden in plain sight. Do we treat are neighbours, friends and family differently. You never know they could be alien. Reading this will leave you wondering and looking at them differently.

Thanks Secret Author for a wonderful story.

Response from the author:

Thank you @chris191070 for a great review.

  • Like 1
  • Love 6
Link to review
Thirdly

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Fans and sci-fi writers know how difficult it is to balance realism with vivid imaginativeness. The hard work put into this story was evident, and the sky is the limit. 

Response from the author:

Thank you @Thirdly for a fantastic review.

  • Like 1
  • Love 6
Link to review
Jason Rimbaud

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This was one of my favorite stories in this year's Hidden Author contest. And if you're thinking Sci-Fi isn't for you, the SA approaches the subject matter in an intellectual way without all the fantastical elements that might turn off some readers. 

There are no big space battles, or dramatic fights over good vs evil. Instead we are presented with a unique and probable dilemma that concerns a group of people that may or may not be like the rest of humanity. Without giving too much away, this is a thinking person's story and one that you will contemplate long after you finish reading. Highly enjoyed this story. 

 

Response from the author:

Thank you for reading my story and for leaving a wonderful review.

  • Love 4
Link to review
Headstall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Wonderful take on the 'hidden' theme. I enjoyed the story and concept very much and recommend spending some time exploring this work.  Great job, sir! Cheers! 

Response from the author:

Thank you, Gary. Your comments and this review are valued.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
Cane23

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

@Mancunian first attempt in sci-fi genre is more than succesful! Like a connection between Tera and Earth, two races with same DNA but from different planets, two races on different technology level and diferent ecological awereness - this story conects two tales.

The first one, a 'going home' story. Our hero, as Roobin of Loxey is comming to his estate to put everything in order. He's meeting a childhood friend, love bloosoms, bad guys defeted - end of a lovely tale.

BUT it's not the end. It is the start of a new world, when our protagonists discover they belong to out of Earth race - Terans. Saving family estate transforms into saving the world.

Amazing story might be the first one in series of Terans' adventures I'd like very much to read! Bravo @Mancunian!

 

Response from the author:

Wow! Thank you for the glowing review, it is appreciated.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..