Jump to content

Goldstein Johnson & Cole (2024 re-write) 5. Lost Soul The Boot

   (5 reviews)

Part of the Lost Soul Series and The Boot World this is Ian and Kevin's story. In the summer of 2011, they move from a rented flat in The Northern Quarter of Manchester to their own house in Prestwich. As couples do they reflect on the past and look forward to the future. Unexpected news changes their lives and gives a glimpse into the past of their friend Manny.

This re-write of the original story posted in 2022, is more than an edit, added dialogue and description tells the story better and has been achieved with the help of raven1.

It may help, but it is not essential, to read the other stories in the series.

Copyright © 2024 Mancunian; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (10 members)

  • Action Packed 7
  • Addictive/Pacing 9
  • Characters 10
  • Chills 4
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 10
  • Feel-Good 9
  • Humor 5
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 5
  • Unique 6
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

drsawzall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Once again we are fortunate to have another story from the Boot series. While a rewrite it is worth the time to read and serves as a reminder how simple acts of kindness can have far more impact than thought.

Please, take a moment to read this!!!

Response from the author:

Thank you @drsawzall for your review, it is appreciated. 

  • Love 5
Link to review
Flip-Flop

· Edited by Flip-Flop

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I was a fan of this story 2 years ago and if you missed it, you will enjoy this version. I agree with my fellow reviewers opinions that this story is 5 star worthy. The story takes place mostly in a 2011 Israel, with a few UK chapters included for background and set-up. It also is a bit of an action/ adventure story with a surprising collection of forces working to smooth the bumps and the complexities of the situations that occur. Today's 2024 headlines on the current Middle-east situation, really show the insight that @Mancunian expressed so well in his original story. This is a reflection to the situation at that time and place, and a nice enhancement to his "Boot World" series. 

Response from the author:

Thank you for the great review, I really appreciate it. As you point out with the volatile situation that has existed in the region for many years our characters were working against many time constraints. Once again, Thank you. :hug:

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
akascrubber

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

You will like everyone in this story. Two young guys have faced severe hardships and have been rescued by well meaning, decent, caring folks. The legacy of a good man is honored . A new, larger family is created .Sharp, very competent  professional people apply their skills in hidden ways to  make sure all the legal and  offical requirements are handled quickly and efficiently. The two youths will eventually be able to move far away and have a new home, loving guardians ,an extended family and a brighter future in the UK.

Response from the author:

Thank you for a great review, I appreciate the support throughout. 

  • Love 4
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This rewrite gives us more depth and complexity as thoughts and emotions are explored. If you thought the original was good, then you will enjoy this rewrite as it's easier to read, but much more detailed.

This is a wonderful story of intrigue and adventure, that comes highly recommended.

Response from the author:

Thank you Chris for a great review. :hug:

  • Love 4
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

The original story was great, but the rewritten one is much better.  As editor and beta, working with Mancunian on this rewrite was a pleasure. The plot is the same, but the story's characters have greater depth and complexity as thoughts and emotions are now revealed. The setting is more detailed and textured. The story is easier and more enjoyable to read. I highly recommend this story of intrigue and adventure.

Response from the author:

Thank you for the great review. I enjoy working with you, you bring out the best in me.

  • Love 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..