Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Ramblings - 16. Prompt 387 - New World

span style="font-size:1em;line-height:1.3em;">There have been rumors of a gateway connecting your world to another, and as a leading scientist in xenobiology you had hoped to be included. Finally, you have had enough and storm down to your boss’s office only to find as you open the door a whole new world before you. What happened and what is this new world like?

I'd heard the rumors that the doorway was open and a whole new dimension sat on the other side. No one knew what that world held, what new species or miracles sat beyond the threshold. The management kept it all at whispers, never revealing anything concrete beyond its sudden appearance. National Security they would say.

That was utter crap.

Technically, I shouldn't be standing at the door right now. As the head xenobiologist on site, I deserved to be in the loop, but they snubbed me on all fronts. If there were other forms of life, I alone had the experience for first contact or how to learn from it. Months had gone by without my input and I was pissed to say the least.

No one stopped me from waltzing into the lab. No security to block my path that guarding the room for months. I couldn't explain how they possibly left the lab unlocked the night I worked late.

It was unsettling how normal it looked. No giant portal with alien tech surrounding the border. No arcane sigils marking the portal to another dimension. It was just a closet door that housed a new world on the other side, appearing out of nowhere like the passage to Narnia.

I looked around, surprised by the lack of guards or alarms as I stood in the empty laboratory. If I was going to learn what lay beyond, it would have to happen now.

With a nervous shudder, I gripped the knob and pushed the door open.

An explosion of technicolor hit my eyes. The entire world on the other side was unnaturally vibrant, with colors so pure they bordered on illustration. The clouds in the sky were bubble-like and the trees and surroundings were simplified with minimal detail.

A series of lifeforms danced around the jade green grass. They all looked like cartoons. Multi-colored ponies pranced around little men with oversized heads. Giggles drifted through the air, occasionally made of of visible letters. Carnival music could be heard in the background filled with whistles, whoops and other special effects. It was like Saturday morning cartoons had been set loose into the real world. I should have thought it was fascinating.

But the toons were all buggering each other.

My Little Pony porn played out in front of me, complete with leather and ball gags. Squeaky dogs that reminded me of the security guards that weren't at their posts, and other species that shouldn't exist did things to each other that offended even my limited moral center.

Pants-less mice that looked like my absent coworkers swarmed on a buck-toothed princess. A naked man with a top hat brandishing a badge that said Mayor was diddling a group of pigs amidst a candy cane flower bed. He looked suspiciously like my boss. Every aspect of this world left me in shock as I absorbed what was happened. I shouldn't have been watching, but I couldn't tear my eyes away.

Come play with us,” the mayor said, twisting the tip of his mustache.

I closed the door.

Without another word, I went down to the maintenance department. I found a welding torch and a bunch of unassembled metal shelving. It took three trips to drag in all up to the lab and a few tries to get the torch started. I slagged the doorknob into a heap of metal and melted every edge before permanently barricading the door beneath layers of scrap steel.

 

The fuck if anyone was opening that door again.

span style="font-size:1.2em;line-height:1.3em;">You’ve been upset for months at work. There have been rumors of a gateway connecting your world to another, but you haven’t been able to confirm it and as a leading scientist in xenobiology you had hoped to be included. Finally, you have had enough and storm down to your boss’s office only to find as you open the door a whole new world before you. What happened and what is this new world like?
Copyright © 2015 Mann Ramblings; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This is what I return home to after a nice dinner out with friends? I thought you liked me! Why are you not sending me care packages with whatever it is you're smoking in them?

On that note I think I need to get a go find a jockstrap, my chaps and a snifter with several inches of Grand Marnier in them. :rofl:

Link to comment
On 01/18/2015 02:46 PM, Carlos Hazday said:
This is what I return home to after a nice dinner out with friends? I thought you liked me! Why are you not sending me care packages with whatever it is you're smoking in them?

On that note I think I need to get a go find a jockstrap, my chaps and a snifter with several inches of Grand Marnier in them. :rofl:

If you'd gotten the jockstrap, chaps, and liquor and showed up at my place instead of going out with friends, I might have treated you better. :P
Link to comment

That was hilarious!!! Whatever you're smoking, I want some! :funny: Yep, that door definitely needed to be sealed. "My Little Pony Porn"....too funny and now I won't be able to look at my grand-daughters little ponies without thinking of this. LOL :lmao:

Link to comment
On 01/18/2015 04:37 PM, LadyDe said:
That was hilarious!!! Whatever you're smoking, I want some! :funny: Yep, that door definitely needed to be sealed. "My Little Pony Porn"....too funny and now I won't be able to look at my grand-daughters little ponies without thinking of this. LOL :lmao:
thanks for reading! It's just what came to mind when I read the prompt. Who knew?
Link to comment
On 01/18/2015 06:19 PM, Irritable1 said:
You know there is My Little Pony porn, right? The other dimension kinda broke into this one already :lol:
Sadly, Never Surrender had already scandalized me with MLP porn so I felt a need to share the love when this little gem sparked in my mind. Hope you enjoyed it!
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

This was hysterical! I would have sealed the door, too. :P MLP porn, huh? I thought I'd heard it all! :huh::unsure:

Link to comment

Suddenly, Rudolph's christmas makes sense. Oh, wait, it doesn't and neither does this! You can really go from the most sad (like The Anniversary) to the very silly and still every word seems geniune and true.

Link to comment
On 01/19/2015 03:10 AM, Valkyrie said:
This was hysterical! I would have sealed the door, too. :P MLP porn, huh? I thought I'd heard it all! :huh::unsure:
Urban Dictionary Rule 34: If it exists, there is porn of it.
Link to comment
On 01/19/2015 05:55 PM, Puppilull said:
Suddenly, Rudolph's christmas makes sense. Oh, wait, it doesn't and neither does this! You can really go from the most sad (like The Anniversary) to the very silly and still every word seems geniune and true.
my interests are very broad and therefore so are my story genres. Hopefully that means there's something for everyone! :D
Link to comment

Why am I not surprised to see this? I swear you have some twisted sense of fun and love to rape what most would consider childhood. First it was Rudolph and now my little pony. What is it with you and four legged animals? :lol:

Link to comment
On 01/25/2015 02:18 AM, comicfan said:
Why am I not surprised to see this? I swear you have some twisted sense of fun and love to rape what most would consider childhood. First it was Rudolph and now my little pony. What is it with you and four legged animals? :lol:
I gotta be me... :lol:
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..