Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Ramblings - 8. Prompt 251 - They're real

The blind date you had been set up on, threw up half way through the meal all over you. Now as you walk home there is a massive amount of noise coming from the street you need to take to get home. You turn the corner, before you are two vampires, fangs and claws flashing as they fight each other. As the claws slash and the blood flies, you realize they are real and they are moving ever closer to your location. What are you going to do?

I don't care how long it's been since I've gotten laid. There will be no more blind dates in my future. And I sure as hell will never let her plan one for me ever again.

A secluded, candlelit romantic Italian dinner complete with violin playing waiter should have been a perfect setting. Well maybe for a second or third date, maybe. Or even an anniversary date. But for a first meeting, getting to know you kind of date? Not so much.

Where did my mother find that idiot?

I'm pretty sure he showed up stoned. Making small talk with a man desperately scarfing down dinner bread before our meals were served might have been the first sign. His erratic inability to speak in linear sentences might have been the next. Or the projectile vomiting. I'm not sure right now.

I can't believe I had to pay the check, but what else do you do when the paramedics airlift your date away?

At least in the dark no one could see me. Mostly. I felt like a fool walking down the street with my arms out in front of me so I didn't accidentally touch the regurgitated veal parmigiana splashed across my torso. At this point, I just wanted to go home and bathe in rubbing alcohol. The parking structure seemed so far away right now. I knew I should have sprung for valet.

The street was pretty quiet and I hadn't run into any other pedestrians since I escaped the restaurant. I suppose I could thank someone for small favors, but somewhere in the distance I could hear what sounded like an argument. Given how great my night had gone so far, I decided to follow the angry voices in the adjacent alley. What could possibly go wrong?

I can't say I was expecting the two flamboyant twinks bitching at each other over an unconscious guy on the ground. They both had dark hair, were far too pretty and wore tight fitting, expensive clothing. I swear to god, one of them was covered in glitter. No fake.

Bitch, that one was supposed to be mine! I'm hungry!” one whined. It was annoying how affected his voice was.

Oh, please. Blonds are so not your type,” the other snarled. I actually caught a glimpse of fangs between his overly red lips. What the hell was up with that?

The first gave a push to the other with one hand on his hip. “What the hell, Ramie? I didn't decide to hunt with you because I wanted you to steal them all like the gutter trash you are.”

Get over yourself, Topher. If you knew what to do with a man like this I wouldn't have to share.”

Topher crossed his arms over his chest and looked ready to throw a hissy fit. “I am so not taking your sloppy seconds. Lord knows what you've let behind.”

Fine. Let him bleed out and starve, you picky skank.” Ramie put a hand up between the pair as he began to kneel down before the man on the ground. Topher stamped his foot on the ground in total petulance. Twitching like a meth-head, he finally relented and began to kneel, his mouth opening wide to reveal a set of fangs likes Ramie's and bent his head down to the prone fool below.

I gasped as I realized what was happening before me. Then they both turned their ruby red eyes in my direction.

Oh, bitch! This one's mine!” Topher cried out. The lisping twink leapt forward only to be snatched backwards, Ramie's fist deep in his hair. The shriek he let out would have made me laugh if this wasn't so fucked up.

Dibs, glitter whore,” Ramie said as he pushed ahead of his partner. He hadn't made one step before Topher pounced on his back and bit his ear. The girliest slap I'd ever seen was used to jolt Topher away. He recovered immediately and shoved Ramie into the brick wall only to have him rebound and tackle Topher at the ankles.

It's my turn to suck one!” Topher protested as Ramie crawled over him. With a squealing scream, the glittered one rolled and began slapping at Ramie who defended himself by thrashing and slapping in return.

Now I understood the fact that the phrases, “It's my turn to suck” and “Eat me” right now were literal and not the euphemisms one would hope for. Two blood thirsty creatures were fighting over the chance to eat me, again literally, and I could only stand there in the dark alley and watch this cat fight play out. I should have been scared. Considering the size of the guy still lying on the ground, I should have been wetting myself. Instead I watched these creatures of the night compete for me in the way you watch a train wreck. You know what I mean. The way you shouldn't really be watching, but you do anyways because there might be dead bodies involved.

Except the idea that I would be the dead body refused to register.

They slapped, bit and sissy fought as they inched they're way closer and closer and I stood mesmerized. When they finally got within arms reach, they both leaped forward at me and suddenly stopped short. The look on both of their faces was nothing short of revulsion.

Ewwww...,” Topher shouted. His face twisted at the nose like a bad smell took up permanent residence. Ramie wasn't much better.

Garlic! Fucking garlic!” he ranted. “You can have him, glitter whore.”

Oh, now you're too good for him?” Topher reached up and grabbed a handful of Ramie's hair. A new slap fight broke out and the two tumbled back pathetically on the floor.

I was confused. I looked down at my chest. Veal parmigiana. Lots of garlic.

I finally turned around and headed by to my car. It was time to go home. Fucking vampires.

a href="http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/37406-prompt-251-creative/">http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/37406-prompt-251-creative/
Copyright © 2015 Mann Ramblings; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 08/05/2013 11:34 AM, Daddydavek said:
Almost hysterically funny, except for the projectile vomit, where it landed and the vampires...
This prompt was a bit of a challenge. The projectile vomit was part of the prompt details so I made it integral to the story. Not my usual, but I had fun nonetheless.

 

Thanks for reading and reviewing

Link to comment

Great prompt. I totally wouldn't mind a vampire hunter story in the future. ;) great touch at the end with the garlic in the vomit and I LOVED the nonchalance with the last line. Effing vampires... Like that happens everyday. Great job Mann!

 

MYI

Link to comment

LMAO. That was funny as hell, and the conversation between Ramie and Topher was hysterical. Vampire twinks and bitches. What more could you ask for? lol

Link to comment
On 08/06/2013 03:38 AM, said:
Great prompt. I totally wouldn't mind a vampire hunter story in the future. ;) great touch at the end with the garlic in the vomit and I LOVED the nonchalance with the last line. Effing vampires... Like that happens everyday. Great job Mann!

 

MYI

Saved by projectile vomit. Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the review!
Link to comment
On 08/06/2013 04:01 AM, joann414 said:
LMAO. That was funny as hell, and the conversation between Ramie and Topher was hysterical. Vampire twinks and bitches. What more could you ask for? lol
I just couldn't resist making the vamps a couple of nasty, bitchy twinks. Thanks for checking it out. :)
Link to comment
On 08/06/2013 09:57 AM, layla said:
OMG mann, you just made my night!! this was awesome.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was a lot of fun to write !
Link to comment

My god, you even made the undead queens! LOL. I thought I had a twisted look with this one, but Mann you have me beat. :lol:

Link to comment
On 08/06/2013 11:24 AM, comicfan said:
My god, you even made the undead queens! LOL. I thought I had a twisted look with this one, but Mann you have me beat. :lol:
I take that as a GREAT complient! :D
Link to comment

And they say us old Italian women cook with too much garlic! I love the flamboyance of the pair of vamps. LMAO a pair of vamps that think they are vamps. Only you could do that one Mann! Ingenious.

Link to comment

I don't know which was more hilarious, his mother's idea of a first date complete with possible stoner date or the twink vamp duo. It really was a toss up. "glitter whore" just cracked me up. But at least you know how they got the big guy on the floor. He was probably so busy watching the soon to be train wreck in front of him he forgot to actually see the trains til they drained him.. Rofl.

Link to comment

I found this in response to a search based on Prompt 253 that another writer, inthebrinkoftime had referenced in answer to the creative wedding scenario in his story. Mann, am I glad I did. Like your protagonist, bitch slapping twink vampires are something I definitely didn't expect to run into. Much amused here, really. Very nicely done.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..