Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Ramblings - 12. Prompt 300 - The Ring

You were shopping in mall and came across a little jewelry store. As you were walking down the counter the merchant spotted you and motioned you over to show you something. When you got near he immediately pointed out a ring, saying it would be “perfect for you.” The thing is when you seen it for some reason you really wanted it. What made the ring so “perfect?”

The tiny box barely fit in my hand, but somehow weighed more than the bag hanging off my shoulder with all its contents. The bravado I felt this morning with Tommy slipped away as I thought about all the things I said and did to him while I was at work. Was I insane?

I made my intentions very clear pressed against his smaller body in the kitchen. There's no way he could misinterpret my feelings. I didn't want to be his best friend anymore; I wanted more than that. I was tired of watching him go out with men who used him for fun when I could give him something permanent and real.

I walked out without giving him a chance to respond. He was certainly too stunned to speak and that was probably a good thing. Tommy had a sharp tongue when he was angry.

But was he angry? I didn't know for sure and the doubts of my success at turning him in my direction grew little by little until when I finished the workday, I was too anxious to go home. The idea that he could say no was so strong in my head.

I ended up at the mall wandering around in a fog hoping the cacophony of people around me would make my issues seem smaller. It didn't. I ended up in a jewelery store our friend Sarah works to get some advice from her. She was a close friend of mine and Tommy's both, and one of the few people I really confided in.

You did not do that to Tommy,” she said. Her eyes were wide as she gawked at me. The look on her face was the complete opposite of the professional attire. “What finally brought that on?”

He got dumped by that shithead Steve and was baking enough bread to feed a starving nation.”

Sarah rolled her eyes. “Oh, God, not the baking phase.”

I got mad and it all came out. I told him how he was scared of a real relationship and he needed to get me out of the friend zone or I implied it. I don't remember the exact words.” Rubbing my temples, I hesitated before saying the next part out loud. “I almost kissed him, Sarah.”

Did you go all dom on him?”

I lowered my eyes. “Yeah.”

Jesus, Dan. It's about time.”

What?”

Come here.” Sarah waved me down to far end of the counter. My attractive friend pointed inside the display to a man's ring made of entwined bands of platinum. The overhead lights made it gleam off multiple points and enhanced how elegant the design was.

That's not really my style, Sarah.”

No, but it's perfectly Tommy's. He loves this ring and whined on about wanting Steve to get it for him.” Sarah shook her head softly. “You and I both knew that wasn't going to happen. Now you need to introduce Tommy to your style and I would suggest you do it tonight before he finds a reason to call Steve back.”

So here I stood in front of my front door, marshaling my courage to walk inside, with a little black box in my hand. I could do this. I knew I could.

I stepped inside and found Tommy waiting for me in the kitchen. He was being unnaturally timid, as if he wanted to step forward but kept himself in check.

You're running really late tonight.”

I had a few things to sort out.”

Did you mean what you said this morning? Do you really love me?”

I meant what I said.”

Why?”

Because you're you. How could I not?”

Slowly he crept forward, his brow twisted in thought, his gaze locked on mine. His expression was so tortured I couldn't tell how he was reacting. I held my hands back as he closed in, his scent making me ache. Did Tommy share my feelings? Could he?

Sultry green eyes filled with unspoken feelings bore into me. His proximity was killing me. Everything I worried about all day came to the front. If he rejected...

Then he stepped up on his toes and captured my mouth with his own.

My eyes closed even as his hands cradled my face. The kiss was gentle without voracious need, promising of better things to come. His chest brushed mine and I hardened instantly. Very slowly he pulled away, his eyes continued to follow my lips as if planning his next excursion.

I can't believe I just did that,” he whispered.

I'm so glad you did.”

I couldn't control the grin that erupted from me even as I caressed his cheek. I was so happy I wanted to cry. Our foreheads met and we started to laugh softly, the tension between us somewhat broken. I watched his sight drift down to the small box still sitting in my hand.

Is that for me?” Tommy's face was a mix of shock and elation.

Now was a critical moment. It was all about the presentation. Now that I finally found the courage to do what I really wanted, I had to show Tommy in a way that wouldn't scare him off.

Yes, this is for you. But before you have it–” I reached into my shoulder bag and pulled out a black leather collar large enough to fit around his neck. “–you have to learn to wear this.”


 

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/38372-prompt-300-creative/
Copyright © 2015 Mann Ramblings; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A collar!!!!! Leather!! I think I would b more scared of commitment than a doggy collar

Link to comment
On 02/13/2014 07:01 AM, Slytherin said:
Loved it ! I had to re-read the previous promt of course :) :worship:
Thanks! I felt a sudden need to write one. Glad you liked the continuation. :)
Link to comment
On 02/13/2014 05:38 PM, comicfan said:
A ring and a collar? Owned much? Lol
Apparently Dan's being keeping secrets from his best friend. :whistle:
Link to comment
On 02/13/2014 08:33 PM, LJH said:
A collar!!!!! Leather!! I think I would b more scared of commitment than a doggy collar
You're a special breed, Louis. That why we love you so much. :lol:
Link to comment
On 02/13/2014 10:54 PM, aditus said:
Just to make sure that he won't get away, huh? Just imagine me grinning from ear to ear.
Some people just require a bit of discipline
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..