Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Terpsichore Behind the Mask - 5. Estampie

Herein find the fifth encounter between sooth and sentiment. These stanzas continue to be unmistakably erotic. I'm most grateful to @AC Benus and @asamvav111 for their help in improving them. However, any and all errors are mine alone.

Estampie

 

I don’t mind

you speaking the blunt truth,

so whisper me of your heart’s desire;

tell me how you want me, as my want mirrors yours,

as the lock longs for its one true key,

equal in yearning for

your entry.

 

Build in us

oneness from our pieces,

lay us down connected, tongue in groove,

the time for imagining and framing all past;

for now is the moment of fusion,

and the fullness of the

designer.

 

Hold me still,

lodge yourself more deeply;

let us be dovetailed in construction,

tightly made one creature as divine joinery,

your body weighing upon my back,

while whispered words bind us

together.

 

As the thole

needs its forge-hammered pin,

the mortise craves its crafted tenon,

so does my emptiness beg your sublime return;

close-fitting perfected craftsmanship

will bind us together

deep and tight.

 

Held tightly,

your body as my bed,

impaled by your slender loving blade,

each reciprocal thrust and sigh brings us closer,

kiss after kiss, whimper by whimper,

until your love slays us

together.

 

That moment

you had to close your eyes,

when your hands’ grip on my hip left marks,

and every golden second split into fragments;

it was then I let go and left earth

only falling to heaven

in your arms.



I take it most kindly that you should have found time to read these. If you have any response or reaction you wish to share, it would be very welcome.
Copyright © 2022 Parker Owens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 8
 
 
I am grateful you took time to read Terpsichore. I must also repeat my deep thanks to @AC Benus for his invention and sharing of this poetic form, and for his help in editing and beta reading. I'm also thankful to @asamvav111 for his beta reading, and suggestions. If you have any comments or thoughts to share, I'd be happy to see them. Any sort of response is welcome.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Very evocative, and wonderfully effective in portraying the ultimate position the lovers find themselves in (one of my faves, if that's not TMI, for exactly the connectedness you describe). However, it's the spiritual dimension a few of the stanzas reach for that will stick with me. Like the following one, which achieves near-Psalm intensity questing for a higher union:

 

Build in us

oneness from our pieces,

lay us down connected, tongue in groove,

the time for imagining and framing all past;

for now is the moment of fusion,

and the fullness of the

designer.

 

 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

@AC Benus:  Thank you for highlighting what might be the central strophe to this entire set.  It is in our design that we are made good; and in our connection that we perfect the vision of our designer. 

Edited by Parker Owens
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Aditus

Posted (edited)

Today, I think the poem is almost too personal, it lets me touch what I'd rather not touch...but that's today. It's still insanely good, maybe too good today. 

Edited by Aditus
  • Love 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Aditus said:

Today, I think the poem is almost too personal, it lets me touch what I'd rather not touch...but that's today. It's still insanely good, maybe too good today. 

I really appreciate your thoughts. I hesitated a long time before posting this. I’m grateful you chose to read it and I hope there might be a tomorrow. Thanks again. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great poem, makes me think of plenty of things. Thanks for writing.

Thank you very much for taking time to read this. Your kind encouragement is much appreciated.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Tomorrow, today… any time is a good time to enjoy happiness and beauty. Again, a nice dance with the most beautiful reflection of intimacy possible. 
Way to show how to share, how to connect bodies and minds. 

Thanks for sharing your art, Parker. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Thank you for joining in the dance. It seems like there is no better time than now to enjoy its beauty. I really appreciate your reading these verses. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..