Jump to content
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Terpsichore Behind the Mask - 3. Courante

This is the third dance between what was and what might yet be. I must again extend my thanks to @AC Benus and @asamvav111 for their help in helping me in writing the poems which follow. I also ask readers to be aware that these are unquestionably erotic. Errors of any kind are mine alone.

Courante

Could we hug,

and cuddle on the couch

while the radio plays good old tunes,

songs about summer and how love feels when you’re young

and so sure of everything you know

that you overlook what’s

obvious?

 

Lie with me,

kiss me till I'm breathless,

claim territory with fevered lips,

not knowing where your skin stops and my own begins,

let sweet contact's metamorphosis

transform our twin desires

into one.

 

I begged you

to mount me as your steed,

and ride me across the bright white sheet,

that we might charge together into ecstasy

galloping in joyous abandon

toward that exalted cliff

to jump off.

 

You asked me,

heart thumping in your chest,

if I really wanted you like this;

to feel you kneel behind and nudge my legs apart

and open me up to take you in,

to slide deep into me;

I said yes.

 

You pushed in,

did nothing tentative,

took me in one, singular smooth thrust,

buried your steel in me to the hilt of your sword;

for I’d endure many such piercings,

each better than the last,

to please you.

 

Did you hear

my cry of sheer delight

as you filled my body with your own;

and did you feel the tremors running up my spine

when you drilled down deep into my core,

that signal of the quake

soon to come?



Many people refuse to give poetry the time of day, let alone actually read any. Thanks for being one of the few who at least sample it. I hope you thought it worthwhile.
Copyright © 2022 Parker Owens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
 
 
I am grateful you took time to read Terpsichore. I must also repeat my deep thanks to @AC Benus for his invention and sharing of this poetic form, and for his help in editing and beta reading. I'm also thankful to @asamvav111 for his beta reading, and suggestions. If you have any comments or thoughts to share, I'd be happy to see them. Any sort of response is welcome.
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh my... so very intimate and honest. Scorching in fact... and a great addition to this series, Parker. Cheers!

  • Love 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Those were wonderfully erotic, give quite a vivid picture. Thanks for writing.

I’m glad these were vivid and engaged your imagination. You’re most welcome. Thank you for reading!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
39 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Oh my... so very intimate and honest. Scorching in fact... and a great addition to this series, Parker. Cheers!

I’m very glad you thought these were were a good addition to the series. Thank you for taking time over these. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

This poem is hot, and all I can think after reading it is...

spacer.png

That seems like a very apt connection :) . Thanks for thinking of that! 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Sigh.

When I was past cuddle on the couch.

Oh my... I agree with @Headstall for the rest.

Some adjectives on top: graphic in the most positive way, sizzling, incentive, inspiring.

I hope there's more to come.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Aditus said:

Sigh.

When I was past cuddle on the couch.

Oh my... I agree with @Headstall for the rest.

Some adjectives on top: graphic in the most positive way, sizzling, incentive, inspiring.

I hope there's more to come.

Your adjectives made me smile. Perhaps these hit the right notes after all. I’m very grateful for your response. Thank you. And yes, there’s a little more on the way. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, dughlas said:

I was set for the quiet cuddle ... instead there came a galloping ride.

I hope the change of tempo was okay, and that you enjoyed the ride. Thank you very much for reading! 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..