Jump to content
    Parker Owens
  • Author
  • 211 Words
  • 1,002 Views
  • 15 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Terpsichore Behind the Mask - 2. La Volta

A second chapter of dances between dream and desire. Please be aware these are unabashedly erotic. I must thank @AC Benus and @asamvav111 for their help in making these better than they otherwise might have been. However, all errors of any sort or description are mine alone.

La Volta

 

Is it wrong

to say that I crave you,

your body pinned to mine in pleasure,

each giving and receiving in equal measure

taking of one another’s treasure

moving in ecstatic

harmony?

 

I want you;

my need drives me crazy,

but they say desire often does that

to a man who gets drunk on it regularly;

and you are the perfect narcotic,

filling my emptiness

with hard joy.

 

Remember

how connection can feel,

fully alive to each other’s heat,

every nerve straining to memorize the flavor

of fevered filling and fulfilling,

action and reaction,

in each breath.

 

I feel you

knocking at my entrance,

asking permission to come inside;

the door is narrow but welcomes you nonetheless

for my inner halls will embrace you,

beckoning you further,

to heaven.

 

Cry aloud,

and fill the room with sound;

let every syllable ring with joy

as you plunge deeper into mysteries revealed;

for no part of me can keep silence

while your melody plays

within me.

 

Don’t hold back

as our conjoined dance unfolds;

move in me to that divine music

which sounded over the water at creation,

making us then who we are today,

for I will hold us close

and complete.


Many thanks for taking time to read these lines. I appreciate any reactions or comments you may have.
Copyright © 2022 Parker Owens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
 
 
I am grateful you took time to read Terpsichore. I must also repeat my deep thanks to @AC Benus for his invention and sharing of this poetic form, and for his help in editing and beta reading. I'm also thankful to @asamvav111 for his beta reading, and suggestions. If you have any comments or thoughts to share, I'd be happy to see them. Any sort of response is welcome.
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

58 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Your usual excellence as you give voice to intimacy. Well done! 

Thanks Gary. It’s good of you to try this dance, and to let me know what you thought. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

"and you are the perfect narcotic," That's one I never heard that one before but that's perfect.This would be an example of a good narcotic

  • Love 3
Link to comment

A very hot sequence, almost a full meal, one -- dare I say --  complete from soup to nut ;)  

What an exemplary Skyscraper this is. Textbook worthy, I believe: 

 

Remember

how connection can feel,

fully alive to each other’s heat,

every nerve straining to memorize the flavor

of fevered filling and fulfilling,

action and reaction,

in each breath.

 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

"and you are the perfect narcotic," That's one I never heard that one before but that's perfect.This would be an example of a good narcotic

It is indeed a good metaphor, or at least it is for me. You were very good to read this week's chapter, and I thank you for your response!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, AC Benus said:

A very hot sequence, almost a full meal, one -- dare I say --  complete from soup to nut ;)  

What an exemplary Skyscraper this is. Textbook worthy, I believe: 

 

Remember

how connection can feel,

fully alive to each other’s heat,

every nerve straining to memorize the flavor

of fevered filling and fulfilling,

action and reaction,

in each breath.

 

You're really kind to say that, though I have to wonder if there's really a textbook editor that would feel comfortable including this particular Skyscraper. There's a banquet in these seven lines. Thank you very much for your comments and thoughts.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

A brilliant read, thanks for writing 

You're most kind; thank you for reading and responding!

  • Love 2
Link to comment

At a loss for words, @Parker Owens, thank you. What you describe here could be put in clinical, sterile words, or in the dirtiest way possible. Going with your skills, you just chose an elegant way to simply suggest, to just trigger the imagination of the reader and get a picture, a very personal picture of intimacy at it finest. Thank you, Parker. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

I’m very grateful you read these lines. That you felt they weren’t soulless or crude is a great affirmation. Thank you.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Your poem makes me crave spring, throw away all those comfy blankets, grab my dragon and dance, maybe outside? Not yet. Another storm is upon us.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

@Aditus Yes, the blankets are ready to be thrown and the dance to be celebrated. But the snow blanket outside my window looks heavy, too. Thanks again for reading, and for your thoughts.

Edited by Parker Owens
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, dughlas said:

Such an energetic dance the Volta.

It is; in renaissance times it took strength and energy to do such an intimate dance correctly. Thanks very much for reading and for your response. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Just now, Parker Owens said:

It is; in renaissance times it took strength and energy to do such an intimate dance correctly. Thanks very much for reading and for your response. 

The Volta was a favorite of Elizabeth I.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..