Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

WHISPERS - 11. Chapter 11

Life Inspiring

The Luau was a great success, especially after my parents learned the meaning behind ‘Ino’. I had a great time with all the guys and the pageantry of the dance. Who wouldn’t like countless people wanting to tell you what an inspiration you are to them. I admit I was sad to be leaving at the end of the next day. But mom and dad had one more surprise for me. They booked us a spa day, mud baths, facials, manscaping, haircuts, and a series of massages. I say series because it wasn’t as straight forward as you think. The private room they took me to was humming with enchanting music and the sound of bell tones. It had an incredible aroma which made for a calm vibration. The first person arrived and explained the technique of reflexology. A massage of the hands and feet. She had a soft soothing voice and told me that I probably would fall asleep in the process. I didn’t doubt that, the room itself was already heady enough to achieve that. She told she will be doing each of my hands first then moving to one foot at a time. “When I grab both your feet at the same time the massage is over and you will wake up refreshed.” She was 100% correct. By the time she got to the second hand I had drifted into a deep sleep. The craziest part was when she grabbed both my feet at the same time I woke up immediately. I felt fantastic without feeling groggy like I usually do after a nap.

The next guy to replace her explained that he will be there for the remaining time. He said he will begin with a Reiki massage using hot stones and crystals. Transitioning to an acupressure and into a deep muscle tissue massage. First he ran his hands over the entire surface of my body, so close without actually touching my skin. I literally could feel the entire thing. It felt like my skin was trying to reach out to touch his hands. He said he was able to connect to my spirit and know where my trouble spots were. Those were the spots he used hot river rocks and/or crystals. Sometimes he would press them, twist them and even tap them. He inserted the acupressure needles and flicked those. Some he spun and even rested his palm on a couple. But the end all get all for me was the deep tissue massage. Truly a mind blowing experience. Like he could read my mind wherever would hope he hit a particular spot and he would, every time. Before I left he suggested I might be a good candidate for that line of work. My energy level was very in tuned to the chakra points. I didn’t really know what he was saying. He did hand me a piece of paper that he had written down some books to read and some classes I should take that would get me started, if I would be interested. I handed my parents the paper and they started talking about pro’s and con’s all the way back to our house.

In the end we all agreed that it really would be a good fit for me and wouldn’t have to be my only job if I decided to try other things. Dad found a couple of the books, that guy suggested, in braille. One gave a good history lesson about the origins of many techniques and how they benefit the body and spirit. Another took me through the points of chakra that hold energy and absorb the cosmos.

My first victim I put to my torture was Charlie. It was so bad that I had serious doubts about that’s guys intuition. At least until Myra showed up with an actual portable massage table. My mother bought a small portable stereo and music. We had ordered a variety of scented oils and the experience changed for me and whoever volunteered to let me practice. Once the word got out about my new career path it became clear I was on the right track.

By the time I graduated high school I was already on my way to a full career in massage therapy. This path introduced me to people who wanted me to accompany them as they traveled and to further my education with spiritual healers from around the world. With all my sexual experiences in my teens and then entering my controversial career, you’d think it would blend. But, it hadn’t been my experience. Myra went off and married some guy from college. Occasionally we will meet and catch up, but seems like each time is further apart from the last. Charlie tried to follow me around for awhile but eventually he met a guy who could give him the attention and the time he wanted. But Donnie, you could say that he and his wife had become my managers. They created a yoga massage and beauty spa resort in my favorite place, Hawaii. The Ino Spa Experience. It’s truly a magical place. I haven’t gotten married yet and really only occasionally date. But I have also started teaching at a school for the blind and it has been a rewarding experience.

I think of myself as young still and hope to marry a woman and have children someday, and I haven’t ruled out some sort of friendship with benefits either. Only time will tell, until then Aloha!

Copyright © 2023 PhillMakracken; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Although I do have first hand experience with some of these issues, I have not actually lived a life with them. Forgive me if I don’t get it exactly correct. It is fiction after all 
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..