Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 1,918 Words
  • 1,048 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
The situation on Keswick Island is true and current.
This story is my view on a solution that would please all involved.
Q

Lord Edwin - 14. Lord Chapter 14

#

Between meal courses, I made a point of visiting each table, to thank everyone for attending and for making this the most memorable day of our lives. When it came to the table next to the Grooms Table, the extended family, including Alexander and his wife, James Robert and his three siblings, Julia Thornton and her two sons – Koen and Logan, plus Patricia Harrison and her two sons – Owen and Corey, I sat down with them.

“Are you really our Papa?” Corey asked me, and I smiled as I looked at the two mothers, who also smiled. “Yes, Corey I am, as well as Koen and Logan as well. It is a bit complicated to explain, so I will tell you all about it when you get a bit older. Just know this, your Mum’s wanted to have children, but for some reason they couldn’t, so they looked at other ways of having children.

It is all medical and very complicated, but biologically… which means for real with no exceptions, your Mum’s are your real Mum, and I am your real Papa, even though we have known about each other for a very short time. Now usually this situation, happens a lot around the world, when Papas learn about their families for the first time, there is a whole process done before children can see their fathers.

I am not royalty, but I am a member of Aristocracy, which is a lower form of royalty, even though we are not related in any way to the King. I have a castle, a lot of land, and quite a few other homes around Scotland, Isle of Man, and Australia, and I travel worldwide very often.

“Because I have all of this, your life is about to change, where you will have lots of things, travel all around the world, and in return, you will need to study hard at school, and become responsible young men,” I said to my four boys. “Sir, this is all a bit too much, all I wanted was to have children that I can love and take care of, without the need to have a partner and other responsibilities,” Patricia said to me.

“Patricia, you have no need to worry anymore. If you want to return to Newfoundland, Canada, that is fine by me, but I would like to contribute to the upbringing and education of our sons. If you want me to keep my name from being linked to your sons, that is fine, but please, let me help you.

You no longer need to work, to put food on the table, to pay for school or hospital fees, or anything else to do with yourself and the boys, in the way of living costs, I am happy to cover all of that, even to get you a new home, rent and all expenses free,” I said to Patricia.

“Listen to Edwin, sister dear. His Lordship is here to help our families. Your boys and mine, are half-brothers. I no longer need to work ridiculous hours to feed, clothe and put a roof over my son's head. We have a very comfortable new home, the boys now attend a private school, and I am a lady free to help out in community projects and charities, which I have always wanted to do,” Julia said to Patricia.

Patricia stared at her for a few moments, hardly believing what she was saying before she looked at me. ”It is a new and strange world that you are about to enter, but believe me, it will be a very interesting one. Until I was 16, I was just an ordinary schoolboy, living in a small cottage, with my widowed mother and great-aunt.

I was not sure how she managed to look after me and send me to a private school, and it was only at that age that I learnt that I was not just an ordinary boy, but instead a 2nd cousin to Lord Robert Lindsay, the Earl of Crawford,” I said, as I indicated to Robert seated close by on the Wedding party table, along with my mother, Hunter and also James’s two 1st cousins – Alison and Douglas, who are brother and sister, and James’s only living relatives.

“Edwin… My Lord, if I choose to relocate to be closer to you, so the boys can see you more, would that be a problem?” Patricia asked me, “Patricia, when it is just family around, you may call me Edwin, as I really do hate being addressed formally. Relocating you would not be a problem at all, the issue is that I am often travelling around the world regularly, but I make a point of keeping in regular contact with all of my family, or bringing them with me, as my mother – Lady Alexandria has discovered.

Until recently, I was living onboard my motor yacht in the South Pacific, along the east coast of Australia, where I was supervising a development project. My real home is Tasmania, the island on the southeast coast of Australia, where I was born and brought up in the City of Launceston, and Tasmania is where my mother - Lady Alexandria lives. My home in Scotland is Fordell Castle, located just southeast of the city of Dunfermline, Fife, which is just 21 kilometres north of Edinburgh.

I also have a number of other properties scattered around Scotland, including Crawford Castle Ruins and Farm, just out of the village of Crawford, South Lanarkshire, Ballagarraghyn Mansion and Greeba Towers, located in the Central Valley of the Isle of Man. I also own a few properties that I am restoring, Crawford Priory, south-west of the town of Cupur, Fife and Dalquharran Castle, near the village of Dailly, South Ayrshire, and I am in the process of getting another property to restore.

I also have a home in central Europe, on the shores of Lake Geneva, Switzerland, as I attended University in Zurich for a few years, and my main home in Australia is Wigan Manor in the state of Tasmania,” I informed our guests. “Wow, that is a lot of properties,” Julia commented.

“Yes, very true, and they just keep increasing in numbers, I guess I just like old buildings and restoring them. Julia and her boys have a home that I purchased for them, also located in the Central Valley of the Isle of Man, but I didn’t include that in the list, as that is their home now. Patricia, if you and the boys would like to move closer to me, like England, Scotland or the Isle of Man, I will be happy to arrange that for you,” I replied.

But that will only be after we have had our Honey Man Moon,” James said from behind me, and his comment made me smile, while the others laughed at the funny comment. “Yes Dear, after we have returned from our holiday,” I responded.

“Where exactly are we going for our wedding holiday?” James asked me, and I just smiled, “Wait and see my love, wait and see,” I replied. After an enjoyable reception lunch, James and I headed to the airport for our trip northwards, and an hour later, the rest of the family, including Hunter flew back to Edinburgh, where they would all be staying at Robert’s home – Balcarres House, were my new extended family would enjoy some comfortable accommodation while we are away.

When our plane landed at Sorvagur International Airport, on the Faroe Island of Vagar, it was close to darkness, as we picked up our hire car, and drove northwards for a further 12 kilometres to Gasadalur, where we would be spending the next week, as part of our three-week holiday, which James's thought was only going to be one week, but I already had plans set for a big adventure.

The apartment that we would be staying in, is just out of the town of Gasadalur, and I was very much looking forward to this holiday, with my new husband, and not having to worry about being recognised, especially with the new looks that Hunter and a friend gave us an hour before leaving.

This included shorter and different hairstyles, with a new hair colour of sandy blond, plus with we also booked into exclusive accommodation in Edinburgh, with Hunter also staying there, and Robert regularly visiting that location, to fool the media into thinking that is where we are, instead of over 700 kilometres north-west of where we really were staying.

After seven glorious days in the Faroe Islands, having done a lot of walking in the countryside, and even watching the stars and the Northern Lights at night, we board a plane bound for Keflavik International Airport, Reykjavik, Iceland. When James saw where we were heading, he was a little confused at first, and I just laughed.

“We have three weeks of Man-Mooning dearest. The Faroe Islands, Iceland, and finally Greenland,” I announced to my husband. “Wow, these are places that I never thought I would ever get to visit,” James responded.

This time, we arrived at our accommodation in the early afternoon, so we had some time to have a good look around before settling in for our first night in Iceland. The apartment was located just 11 kilometres from the airport, located right on the water edge of a large bay, with great views of the capital, located 34 kilometres away on the other side of the bay.

Once again, we had a wonderful and relaxing holiday in a new country that both of us hadn’t visited before, and we also did a heck of a lot of hiking too, just to explore all of the beautiful countryside. When we landed at Nuuk International Airport in Greenland, I let James know that we will be staying in a hotel suite in the Capital this time, and I was glad when James said that he didn’t mind where we stayed, as long as it was together.

In the past two weeks, and for the next week, we have met so many friendly people during our visit to each country, and James commented that he wished that this would never end. With just three days until we are due to fly back to Scotland, and with James’s comment in mind, I managed to get away from him for a short while, as he went to do some shopping, and I used that time to change our travel arrangements.

On leaving Greenland, we will be travelling to Quebec, Canada, where we will be staying for a week in a 128 square metre suite, in a very large and old famous hotel, with views of the city and the river, plus the suite has a butler service available.

Before leaving Greenland, I contacted Robert to let him know of the change of plans, with the extension to our trip, and that we would be flying back to Edinburgh from Quebec, which surprised him, and I informed him that we have spent a week in each of the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Greenland, and now we are heading to the Eastern Canadian city of Quebec.

After just a day in Quebec City, James suggested that we walk along the Old Port Marina, and it was while we were on this walk, that we called into a restaurant for lunch, and it was during this meal that we overheard a conversation on the table next to us, that caught my attention.

Copyright November 2022 All Rights are Reserved, Preston Wigglesworth
  • Like 15
  • Love 12
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

6 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Now just what was being said that Edwin overheard!

Hope Hunter is nearby!!!

No Hunter, he is in Edinburgh

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Nice wedding reception with a chance for all the family to get to know one another. The two mothers and 4 young brothers, a year apart from 6 to 3, and Lady Alexandria who thought she'd never be a grandmother, has gone from zero to four (and no nappies to change)! 

Edwin and James extend their "Honey-Man-Moon" to include Canada (Québec and not NFLD) and while at lunch in 'le Vieux-Port' marina, they "overhear a conversation at the table next to us, that caught my attention".

Since Québec City is mostly French-speaking (except when dealing with tourists), it's likely the people at the next table were speaking something other than French or English to avoid being overheard.  Romansch? German? Italian? All of which Edwin speaks. Possibly speaking about blowing up yachts but missing the target they were paid to kill? Merde qu’est-ce qui se passe, and where is Hunter when you need him? Or did he assign 'minders' unknown to Edwin?

Bad Guys Gun GIF by BabylonBee

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..