Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,477 Words
  • 3,206 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blueblood 4: Dracula - 29. Plan to Plan

I love you, Daniel.

The fact that Amasis and Wayne were in bed together didn’t bother me…well, it did because of who they both were. They were our friends! My friends! I had been honest with Wayne in keeping things about the truth. They were both grown men. I didn’t want either of them hurt. With everything happening right now, this shouldn’t be a concern for us, but I was concerned. Colin needed to get the message out to all the other vampires to ask for help…legally. He had to go outside the cave to do that until the scattering field was dropped.

In the area we set up to dine in. The people being…held…here were getting a little impatient. I understood, but what else could we do? If we let them go, they weren’t ready to be outside and fend alone. Then again, no one had prepared Colin or Gabriella, but things were…less complicated then. Wasn’t it? Coming in where everyone was getting their first meal for this new night. Tables had been set up, but were low…almost Asian with pillows, or nothing at all. I greeted Mom and Willie, Gabriella and Alex as I sat between the two couples. When Wayne and Amasis came in…together…I just smiled and waved a distant greeting.

It was Amasis that frowned and came over. “Can we talk?” He asked me quietly.

I wasn’t getting up but nodded. “Sure.”

Amasis gave a rather impatient look and looked at the others at the table. “Sorry, but…I mean, privately.” He almost growled at me.

I shrugged. “Okay.” Getting up we walked over to the side where we could talk more privately. I pretty much knew what he was going to talk about, but I was letting him do that.

“About what happened last night…” Amasis began.

I nodded holding my hand up to stop him. “Okay, before you start,” I smiled, “I told Wayne; I’m not a parent and I sure am not either of your parent…you’re both grown men capable of making your own decisions. You mean…both of you…mean a hell of a lot to me…to all of us, but mostly to me.” I smiled. “Now, that I’ve said that, why are you explaining it to me? I’m not your Father Confessor!”

Amasis’ head went back a little. “My what?”

I chuckled. “Oh, right…that was after you’d…well…it’s a religion thing and after you’d become a god, so…” I waved that off. “Why is everyone so quick to get things straight with me?”

Amasis smiled. “You’re kidding.” He said in disbelief. “You really don’t know?” He chuckled. “You say you’re not a parent, but you are.”

My eyes got wider. “I’ve only been in this world thirty-some years…you’ve been-”

Amasis smiled putting his hand over my mouth. “Leave it.” He growled with a smile. “Everyone here has their talents.” He explained. “George is Science. Colin’s is business. Gabriella and Alex are trackers. Dragon is…” he thought and smiled at a title he thought of, “…the Persuader, but you…” he smiled more directly at me, softly. “You are…” he waved as he made sure he got it right, “and I’m getting to understand about humans and anatomy and what is what…you are…this groups’ heart.” He shook his head. “You have the capacity to love everyone! I mean everyone! Even Iilya!”

“I didn’t exactly love Iilya.” I corrected.

“No, but you were willing to try,” Amasis said. “You understand feelings and the human heart like no one else. We come to you for advice, because we know you’ll give good advice. You understand. Now, with Wayne…do you think we should continue or not?”

I threw my hands out. “How can I answer that? You are the ones that are doing it. Why do I need a voice in this?”

“Because you know both of us,” Amasis said firmly.

I nodded. “I like to think I do.”

“Well?” Amasis asked. “What do you think?”

I nodded. “Well, thanks for those kind words, but…what I see…” I looked at him and took a deep breath. “I see two men that I care for more than others. I was there with Wayne when he was first brought in…a wild vampire and I watched him and helped him come back to the man he once was. I meet you. You were a man that believed…even though you had doubts about it…about your place in what you thought was your afterlife. Wayne mentioned the sixties. At that time, was he gay or was he bisexual? I don’t know. It was harder back in those times for a homosexual to find a place and often they simply went the easiest path rather than challenge anything. He mentioned a guy when he was sixteen he’d had…something with…so, he was open to the idea. I don’t know. I knew you when you found out what you were and where you were in this world. You’ve blossomed since. If you want to pursue a relationship with Wayne, fine! If he wants one with you, fine. I think it would be great. However, Wayne is new to this sort of relationship, you are not.”

Amasis nodded. “I would never hurt him.”

“I know you wouldn’t,” I assured. “But, I don’t want you hurt, either,” I said seriously. “Are you willing to give yourself…to Wayne if he does?”

Amasis’ eyes got confused. “I was willing to give myself to him.”

I nodded. “You were willing to give yourself to him, but are you willing to take what he gives to you?”

“I don’t understand,” Amasis said baffled.

“Do you think Colin and I are good together?” I asked.

Amasis nodded. “I can’t imagine one without the other.”

I smiled. “You know why? Because he and I know, the most precious thing or person is the other; more valued than even our next breath. I see him as the most valued thing or person in existence, and I have no doubt he feels the same for me. I would give my life for him. He would do the same for me. No doubts. If this is going to work with you and Wayne, he needs to know it’s not just about you, it’s about him. He should become the focus of all that you are. Give yourself to him completely, heart, mind, and soul, but accept what he gives, his heart, his mind, and his soul.” I watched as his eyes grew. “You were a god, sharing yourself with others, but let him share with you. When its love, let him love you, don’t just love him. Value him!” I looked in Amasis’ eyes. “Understand now?”

Amasis’ eyes grew even more. I suppose the gravity of what I’d said was getting through. “Yes.” He said quietly. He looked over to where Wayne was. “Yes. I do.” He turned and grabbed me in a hug. “You see? In only thirty-some years, you understand so much.” He held me squeezing me affectionately. “I can’t imagine what you’ll understand in a few more thousand. You’ll probably just look and know everything.” He left me and hurried over to Wayne, pulling him up and kissed him right there in front of everyone and not caring if they saw.

I grinned as Wayne only resisted a second before he melted and kissed back.

“So, let me understand this.” The American with the friend named Marty that was now a vampire came by me watching Amasis and Wayne kiss. “All vampires are gay?”

I shook my head. “No,” I said almost absently. “They’re human.” I turned and patted him on the back. “Aren’t you and Marty?”

He looked startled. “What!? No!”

I shook my head. “Too bad,” I said and walked back to my family.

 

It was later in that meal, I was looking around at the new faces. “We’ll begin the serum tonight for those that want it.”

“What if they don’t?” My mother asked.

I shrugged. “Well, they don’t have to,” I said. “If they try to return to any life they had this way…it just won’t work without it,” I said simply.

“What if they decide to kill themselves?” Mother asked.

I shrugged again. “That’s also, their decision.” I looked around. “Where is Amir?”

Gabriella smiled. “Well, you’ve been busy, so…he and Shelly have become…close.” Her eyebrows danced when she said that.

They were the same age, but that wasn’t important. Neither were vampires… “Okay.” I merely said. “Now, we have to help find someone for Chuck!”

Colin came in clapping his hands in anticipating a good meal but saw our table was full and frowned.

I waved at him and moved slightly and patted beside me. “Over here, big guy. You know I’ll share with you.”

Colin grinned as he lowered himself next to me, kissing me as he did. “Yeah, I do.” He looked at everyone. “How is everyone here?”

Gabriella smiled. “Do you mean us personally or them?” She waved at the others around us.

“Both,” Colin said.

“We’re fine.” Alex chuckled. “They are not as fine.”

“Does anyone have a tally?” I asked.

“There were sixteen victims,” Willie said. “Two have shown no signs of changing.” He looked at me. “One was that man you gave the serum to so quickly after being bitten.”

I nodded. “Good. I wonder if the body will purge the venom itself if it can’t be used. I think we need to keep giving the serum to him for a while. We don’t have fresh blood to replace his.” I looked at Colin. “Those five that were attacked at the castle. They were vampires.”

Colin nodded. “Yep.”

“But you were attacked, like them and woke to bury yourself.”

He nodded. “I was lucky. I woke up with an hour or so to spare before sunrise. They apparently…having been attacked much later didn’t wake up in time.” He looked around. “I need to get something to eat.”

I grinned. “No one will serve you.” I kissed him. “But I will.” I rose to go to one of the coolers. “It’s roast beef sandwiches.” I grinned. “I’ll get you two.”

When I was returning, Sorin came in.

“Hi, Sorin!” I greeted handing Colin his two sandwiches.

“Hi.” Sorin greeted giving me one of those quick man hugs.

Mom and Willie rose. “Here, take our seats, we’ve got…others to deal with.” Mom smiled as she patted Sorin on the arm and left.

“Anything new?” Colin asked.

Sorin sighed and nodded. “Well, that’s what I wanted to talk to all of you about.”

Sitting beside Colin again. “Talk about?” I asked.

“You told me that you won support in the United States by bringing in someone that understood about vampires with the FBI. You also said you did the same in Great Britain by bringing in MI5.” Sorin said and shrugged. “Maybe you should with a more International organization.”

“Interpol?” I asked. “Or the United Nations?”

He nodded. “Absolutely. The United Nations, I wouldn’t count on too much, they have a tendency to not involve themselves that much in foreign matters of conflict. Their influence might help, but…the real power will be Interpol. International police matters; they cover almost two hundred nations. Now, as you’ve found out…vampires are everywhere. There has to be someone in the Interpol that knows or has a family member that’s a vampire.”

Colin nodded, chuckling. “Oh, George would not like this.”

Sorin looked puzzled. “Why not?”

“Because vampires are all about secrecy and this would be way too public for his comfort.” I smiled. “I think that’s a great idea!”

“Their Headquarters are in…” Colin began, “…where? France?”

Sorin nodded. “Lyon.”

Colin sighed. “I guess I’m going out to send another message out.” He bit into his sandwich. “After I eat.”

 

I needed to check on Lucian. I hadn’t forgotten him or the others that came with Iilya, but they were sort of a low priority. Going to the cell, I saw Lucian sitting again, staring at nothing. The others with him, however, were pacing.

“It’s about time you showed up.” One of them said angrily.

I smiled at him. “Aw, you’re bored.” I even put my lower lip out in mock sympathy. “We’ve been kind of busy.” I shrugged. “We’re dealing with what Iilya did. We forgot to entertain you.” I said. “I can let you out. You can tell all sixteen and those with the sixteen others with them, why they are here and how you’ve been neglected as a result.” I said simply. “Or I can bring them to you and you tell them about why they are here,” I said as I waved from out in the great area back here. “There are at least fourteen new vampires…made by your people who would love to show you how grateful they are. Do you think they will have any sympathy toward you when they find out?” I smiled more. “Should I?”

None of them was too interested in me doing that and backed off.

“The thing with prisons is the boredom. There is nothing to do, but think.” I said sadly. “I’ll bring you a book or something. Our problem is…what do we do with you?”

“What choice is there?” Lucian asked. “We die.”

I nodded. “That would be easy, wouldn’t it?” I said. “Of course, there is the whole question about what happens after that.” I smiled, but this time sincerely sad. “If there is something after death…which I don’t know the answer to that…will there be an accounting for what you did?” I nodded again. “If you don’t believe and that’s true, then you get off scot-free…you’re just gone.” I looked at them. “But if you’re wrong…what is the price? Are you willing to take the chance?” I shrugged. “Of course, there is the how and why. How did he convince you to do this, what you did it? That will be considered, I’m sure. Are you ready for that?”

“What do you think should happen?” Lucian asked.

“You go on the serum,” I said. “You become…not the predator you were. Defanged. Then we see what happens, but you won’t go free for a while.” I sighed. “You’ve forced our hands with this,” I said. “We could all die as a result. The broadcast of the attack was sent out. The world now knows there was an attack, but not what attacked, but they will figure it out. We will become known. We’re trying to ease the sudden awareness of us to the world. Until we do…you will be held until a suitable location is found.”

“If I choose to die?” Lucian asked.

“I know you feel the loss of Iilya,” I said, again, very sincerely. “You’re suffering. I can see it. A sadistic person would like to see that continue, but…that’s not me.” I frowned. “If you want to die, that’s your choice, but…I won’t make it easy for you. I can give you a gun with one bullet. If you want, you can do it yourself.” I saw him nod, but he wouldn’t look at me. “I’ll give you to the end of the week. Then, you tell me.” I began to walk back out but stopped a moment. “I’ll see about them bringing you a book or two.”

 

Then I saw Dragon as he was looking over these new vampires and others in the great area from his raised portion of the area. He was thinking, you could see it on his face.

“How are you?” I smiled as I got near him.

Dragon smiled at me and nodded. “I’ve been worse.” He chuckled. He waved at the others. “So many lives at once changed…overnight.”

I nodded. “Yes, but they don’t have to end.” Then I turned at a distant scream from a female…somewhere. The others turned, but they also had been told the serum hurt.

“The serum has begun.” Dragon explained having not reacted to the scream but rubbing his chest sympathetically. “We both know the pain.”

I nodded. “I remember.” I looked at him. “Your talent can be used soon. Have you ever planted a suggestion to someone? Like, not to do or to do something they had to?”

“Yes.” Dragon nodded.

“Before we can release these people, they will have to be…suggested not to talk about this,” I said. “Not the vampires necessarily, but the others; like that American man that came with Marty whomever…I don’t really sense I can trust him.”

“He won’t be a problem.” Dragon chuckled.

I looked around at the faces. “Where’s Gaius?”

Dragon smiled at the mention of his name. “He’s contacting his son and daughter-in-law.” He grinned. “He had to go out to do that.”

“Right.” I nodded.

Dragon’s eyes held amusement. I guess his ability to read people so well, he knew. “You know Gaius and I…” he began hesitantly but grinning.

“Oh, come on, Dragon.” I grinned at him. “It’s me. You know I’m married to Colin. Just say it. You and Gaius are a couple!”

He laughed shaking his head. “The world you live in now…so free!” He grinned, “…even down here we didn’t really talk about it.”

“Of course, you didn’t.” I groaned. “God forbid you might love someone.” I poked him in the ribs. “Say it.”

Dragon yelped a little as he chuckled. “Say what?”

“Say it,” I said in a humored growl.

“Okay! We’re a couple!” Dragon smiled. “I do love the man!”

I nodded. “See? That wasn’t so hard.” I bounced a little. “The American today said that all vampires are gay.” I shrugged. “I say, why not? I think because we do lose so many we care about, having someone that we know we won’t lose…not even that…we see something in someone we want a part of and we no longer are concerned whether anyone approves or not. How can it be wrong? We’re social creatures. Love is great! Being alone is too hard on a person. If we can receive love from another person…male or female…who cares!?”

Dragon smiled. “But we have to have heterosexuals. There would be no one born if we were all homosexuals.”

“And?” I asked. “I don’t think the human race is in danger of dying out. We number now in the BILLIONS!!” I waved that thought off. “And there are other ways to get a woman pregnant. We’ll survive.” I looked about the cavern. “You have a lot of rooms down here.”

Dragon nodded and then he shrugged. “We had a lot of people down here once.”

“All vampires?”

“No, not all.” He shook his head. “We just sort started to die out. My people did not hunt and make others…mostly. When they did…I was not happy with them and even punish them if they did, but that almost never happened.”

“I’ve not known this world long, but since I joined it, it’s changed a lot,” I muttered. “I just hope we can deal with it.”

“If we can’t?”

“We’ll just have to.” I shrugged. “Or die.”

 

The sun was rising again when Colin came back underground. Undressing, he stretched out beside me in the bed we were sharing again.

“How was it? Did anyone come to the house?” I asked as I played with his hair on that chest I loved.

“Not yet, but the investigation has just started,” Colin said. “I sent the message out for the lawyer and to ask anyone who was in Interpol or knew someone sympathetic with Interpol and let me know.” He looked at the walls around us. “Soon, we’ll have to have the scattering field dropped to communicate easier, but if necessary, we’ll have it dropped briefly to do it.”

“The problem with that is…they will again get messages and calls,” I said knowing he knew that.

“Or we have Stan rig something so we can do it,” Colin said. “Did you talk to Lucian?”

“I did,” I said. “I told him he has choices. I’ve given him until the end of the week to choose.”

“If he chooses to die?”

“That’s between him and whatever God he believes in.” I grinned. “I also talked with Amasis.”

“About?” Colin asked, but knew.

“I just…told him to be…careful.” I grinned at him. “And!” I said holding a finger up and the reached over the side of the bed and pulled up a bottle of lube. “Last night was good, but we didn’t get what we needed from our room.” I grinned. “Tonight, I did!”

“What if Amasis and Wayne need it?” Colin asked.

“They can get their own!!” I growled hogging the bottle and rolled so I was on top of him. “Tonight…you’re mine.” I said kissing him deeply.

“Tonight and every night for the next few thousand years.” Colin chuckled. “I can live with that. I love you, Devon.”

“I know,” I said. “I love you.”

“I know.”

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

All vampires might not be Gay, but almost all the vampires in this story are Gay!  ;-)

 

I think it would be interesting if George discovered that there was something in the venom* that made it much more likely that vampires would be attracted to someone of the same gender! Logically, since vampires cannot reproduce sexually and since they have the potential to live extremely long lives, there is no reason to couple in opposite-sex pairs. Besides, as Devon mentioned, humans are in no danger of immediate extinction.  ;-)

 

* What’s-his-name’s natural immunity would prevent the venom’s tendency from taking effect.  ;-)

Link to comment

Another great chapter. I'm proud of Devon for thinking about the other's before he thought of himself. I wonder what Lucian is thinking about and why he's so willing to die. I don't think all vampires are gay but in this story most of them are gay. Being gay isn't a prerequisite for becoming a vampire. I hope that the request for a sympathetic person from Interpol comes through and that they'll get the help they need from them. Wayne and Amasis is going to be an interesting relationship, we'll have to wait and see what happens between them. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

 

Quote

Love is great! Being alone is too hard on a person. If we can receive love from another person…male or female…who cares!?”

 

Having been in a marriage where I was only there because I was a baby making machine I have to question if being alone would have been better ... Sometimes I think we often do things because we feel the world or loved ones around us expect us to do it ... Like getting married with me. I love how Wayne and Amasis had this explained to them.

 

It's a shame so many end up in loveless marriages and relationships because of world / family / religious expectations and trying to please everyone but the most important person ... yourself!

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..