Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 3,217 Words
  • 3,503 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blueblood 4: Dracula - 34. Returning Home

I love you Daniel. I miss you. You're never far from my thoughts. This and other stories are about us. I'll never let you go.

I smiled as Fane Jacobs simply…accepted what Dragon had said and was hurrying to get more information from the ones he knew had been taken that night. He used a radio and soon there were other cars and vehicles to take our new friends back to send home. Then he walked over to Colin and me.

“So, tell me…how are you involved with this?” Fane asked. “You’re Colin Wentworth. You were doing that…language translator thing.”

“Yes, I am, but I’m co-owner and CEO of Holm’s Laboratories…we deal in the medical field. We knew of V5H. We just happened to be here when these…terrorists attacked…and had the treatment for it.” Colin said. “I am an investor with Delkenzie…the man that owns it and can verify that. I’ve bought into it.”

Fane Jacobs frowned. “There’s a connection somewhere.” He smiled, but even I got the impression he wasn’t done.

“He’s an agent,” Vasil said to just Colin. “Making connections is part of who he is.” He shrugged. “Maybe Dragon should talk to him. Suggest he not pursue this?”

Colin shook his head and replied as quietly. “What will they find out if he does pursue this?” He asked. “He has a job to do.” He looked at Vasil and Sorin. “Can they hold us on suspicion or something?”

Sorin gave a reluctant sort of half-nod and shake of his head. “Weeell….”

Vasil shook his head. “No!” He said correcting what Sorin was starting to say. “You guys are too high profile. The Prime Minister won’t allow it without evidence. Trust me.”

Colin nodded with a smile. “Well, there you go.”

We watched these new vampires and friends as they were being questioned and organized to go home. The good part was two of the victims we’d gotten to with the serum quickly didn’t show any sign of changing at all. Continued scans would happen for a while to be sure there was no venom at all in their blood, we just wanted to be sure. The venom didn’t last long out in the open and apparently, it didn’t last long in the blood if it wasn’t used. As our new…vampires and friends or family was loaded into some vans…I walked over to Robert.

“How are you doing?” I asked him.

Robert nodded. “Fine.” He grinned at me a little. “Sorry if I was a pain the ass at first.”

I smiled. “Well, you weren’t that big a pain…not the good kind anyway, but that was understandable.”

He rolled his eyes. “Here we go again with the comments and innuendos.” He shrugged. “I don’t care that you are gay, I’m just…not.”

I chuckled. “Not every person that becomes what we are is either, but you and Marty were friends before. He will need a friend back home. Can he count on you?”

Robert nodded and looked at his friend as he was talking with one officer as he got Marty’s information. “Yes. He and I became best friends a while back. He’s still my friend and I’ll be there.”

“Don’t lose that.” I reached in my pocket and pulled a card out. “This is our number, emails, and information. I meant it. Holms' Laboratories is more than just pharmaceuticals and science. We need minds there. We’re based in Manhattan. We can find you a good job there…if you want.”

“Really?” Robert smiled looking at the card. “You really meant it when you said that before?”

“Absolutely. You have it in with one of the owners…and his husband and know our secret.” I grinned. “So, yes, really.” I nodded.

“Thanks!” He smiled more. “Robert Cummings is the name. He’s Marty Davis…or rather Martin Davis.” He said putting his hand out.

I shook his hand. “You know I’m Devon Wentworth. You know Colin Wentworth.”

He nodded smiling more now looking at the card. “Yes, I do. I’ll be in touch after we get back. Thank you.” He said and walked over to Marty to give his name and information to the officer.

 

I walked back to Colin as he spoke with Gabriella and Alex.

“…can’t be done here.” Gabriella was saying.

“There are the other vampires that were in on the attack we didn’t get,” Alex said. “Shouldn’t we look for them?”

Colin gave a shrug. “I don’t know.” He smiled as I came over. “What do you think? Do we stay and look for these vampires?”

“Oh, yeah, base a decision on my say so,” I growled. I threw my arms out. “I don’t know. Why do ask me? I don’t know everything!”

Colin chuckled and pulled me closer to him. “You have good instincts. Tell me what you think.”

“What I think is without Iilya or Lucian…they have no leadership. Sort of a ship without a rudder or power. They won’t even have Dragon.” I saw our friend who was speaking with Gaius quietly. “They will have no direction. I also know that can be equally dangerous. If one person comes up with a plan they may follow for that leadership. We need a VUN-EE which we were going to do.”

“VUN…Eastern Europe.” Colin nodded with a grin.

“The VUN is needed here,” I said simply. “We’re not taking Dragon’s men and women with us. They could do that.” I looked over at Dragon, who true to his word, kissed Gaius with no thought as to whether anyone was watching or offended. I smiled at that. “But Stan will have to teach them how to use Buddy.” I looked back at Colin. “And do we have that webpage now? The one we can communicate with so everyone knows what’s going on?”

“We’ve been busy,” Alex said smiling. “I know Stan has been very busy.”

“I agree,” Colin said nodding. “He’s leaving the FBI, by the way.”

“He can’t!” Gabriella said alarmed. “We need him!”

Colin nodded. “And coming to work for us! He’ll get a nice salary, more than he makes now. Since he and Mark are getting married, they knew this was the only way. I know all the things Stan does and does it well…never once complaining. We won’t lose him or Mark.” He assured. “We’re a good team working. We’re not breaking it up.”

“Shelly and Chuck?” Alex asked.

Colin gave a little nod. “I’d hire them with no problem. We needed their FBI status. Over here that really doesn’t help us, but their expertise is needed. I’d give Mark the money to match Stan’s if he wants…all of them. I don’t know how that will go with the FBI. I’ll talk it over with Ruben when we get to New York. I don’t want to lose any of them.”

“We’ll keep Shelly.” Gabriella smiled pointing as Shelly and Amir were standing close as they were comfortable with each other. “We keep Amir, we have Shelly.”

I bounced. “Now, the only one to find someone for…is Chuck!”

Colin chuckled. “Your specialty should be matchmaking instead of counseling!” He waved as Chuck who was in a conversation with Amasis and Wayne. “Not everyone wants to be in a relationship.”

“You are not often…but you are so wrong about that.” I said smiling, but firmly. “We’re human beings…we’re social creatures. People are alone most of the time because they can’t locate that one person. Even those that go from one to another just for sex really want a relationship, but have other issues…or they don’t feel worthy…there are people that choose to be alone, which I can not understand. When that right person shows up, they abandon any thoughts of wanting to be alone.”

Colin nodded. “You really believe that?”

“Look around you! Mom and Willie…that was right. Gabriella and Alex here…that was right. Stan and Mark…after we slapped Stan in the head to see what was there…that was right. Amasis and Wayne…”

“They just started a relationship!” Colin pointed out but smiling.

“Oh, come on, Colin! It’s right, you know it!” I smiled back. “George and Burke…they’re right. One other couple I know is right. Us!” I smiled as he nodded.

Colin cocked his head. “Anybody else?”

“Robert and Marty.”

Gabriella’s eyes widened. “Robert’s straight! He said so over and over again he isn’t gay.”

“He said it too much!” I smiled. “Shakespeare? Methinks the lady doth protest too much?” I watched their heads shake. “I do more than watch movies, you know? I read! Books, too, not those novels or like that, real books.”

Colin chuckled. “Okay, you think he’s saying he’s not because…is because he really is?”

“Depending on how he was raised and where…” I smiled. “They are friends, very good friends that lived together for several years! By choice! He and Marty traveled thousands of miles alone together. Robert’s continued protests that he isn’t gay…sort of makes me know he’s thought about it before and in denial or he wouldn’t have brought it up at all. With Marty’s reprogramming and whatever…” I shrugged. “They could be open to it. Maybe.” I bounced again smiling at them.

Alex smiled. “You can’t argue with his logic.” He said bringing Gabriella closer to him. “He’s right about us.”

Fane came up again. “So, Mr. Wentworth…”

Colin and I both looked. “Yes?” We both said.

Fane looked a little…odd at that, then he nodded. “You two are related...by marriage…to each other.” He said to clarify.

“Why not?” Colin asked.

“Marriages like yours…just doesn’t happen here,” Fane said simply.

“Because you won’t let them happen here,” I said. “Unions yes, marriage no.”

“Which is a debate that’s been going on over thousands of years, we’re not going into it now,” Colin said calmly, but giving a look that was challenging Fane to press the issue. “You were coming to us because…Agent Jacobs?”

The agent just let it go. “How long are you going to be remaining in Romania?”

“Business is going well, but we don’t need to stay much longer,” Colin said. “I’m trying to determine if you want us to leave or stay.”

Fane smiled, but he was suspicious. “You’re welcome to stay as long as you need to, Mr. Wentworth. I just wanted to know if you’ll be around for…questions…if they come up.”

Colin nodded. “And they will come up,” Colin said knowingly, but his eyes narrowed at the agent. “I have a way of seeing what people say and don’t say. I can tell when they’re evasive or not telling the truth. I can tell by you…you think we did this somehow.”

The agent smiled again, but yes, I could see Fane suspected us. “Then a few questions isn’t going to hurt, but clear you of my suspecting you did anything.” He held the papers out. “This…V5H…you knew about it and even had a treatment. How did they get this…V5H?”

“It’s rarely given, but not hard to come by,” Colin explained. “I’ve had it. So has Devon. We’re still under treatment for it before we even got here, but we didn’t bring it here.”

“You didn’t want to test any new treatments?” Fane asked. “Maybe make new victims that have to go on treatments to make more money.”

“Colin nor George would ever do that!” Gabriella said angrily immediately. “We don’t charge to treat any victims.”

Colin held his hand up to her. “He’s just doing his job, Gabby.” He looked at Fane. “Other than your suspicion, do you have a reason to think this?”

Fane shrugged. “I have nothing about anything.” He said simply. “Asking questions gives answers.”

“Contact Dr. Laurel Petran,” I said. “She knows of the V5H…or is she a suspect, too?”

“And Dr. Hathaway in London, Dr. Holm in New York who found the V5H and came up with the treatment,” Colin said.

“And Director Mattingly in London with MI5, or Ruben Chance a Director with the FBI in New York, Congresswoman Chance and Senator Cooke…” Alex offered.

Fane raised his hand and nodded. “Okay, okay…all these people know, but I still think…but I can’t help but think you’re all connected. Two are named Chance.”

“We are,” I said simply. “There are many that have had it…by the way.” I pulled Alex over. “This Alex Chance.”

“I had V5H,” Alex said. “They are my…” he thought of a way to describe the family connections, “cousins.”

“That’s how we got Congresswoman Chance and Ruben Chance, Ruben first was involved,” Colin explained. “There is a connection there. I had it and got treatment. Alex had it and they wanted treatment for him, that’s the connection there. Senator Cooke is totally disconnected from this, but he knows about the V5H.” He walked closer to Fane. “You have the breakdown of the V5H and the treatment in your hand. I consider myself a learned man, but none of that…gobbledygook means a damned thing to me…and I had it. Do you understand any of it?”

“No,” Fane admitted.

“Take it to someone that can understand this…” Colin waved at the sheet of paper, “stuff and ask them.” Colin said. “If you know more about it, maybe that would help you ask the right questions to find out.”

Fane frowned looking at bit exasperated. “I know how to do my job.” He defended.

Colin raised his hands to stop him. “I’m not saying you don’t, but it makes sense, doesn’t it? We’ll be here at least a week or more. How does that sound?”

“Fine,” Fane said not angry, but still frustrated. “I’ll be in touch.” He grumbled as he walked away.

“Nicely done.” I took Colin’s hand and turned to Alex. “But we are telling we have the V5H, not you.” I said to him.

“He doesn’t know what the V5H is!” Alex chuckled. “He sure as hell won’t know what it does.”

I nodded moving closer to Alex. “I’m your father.” I grinned at him. “Do as I say. No more telling you had the V5H.”

Alex laughed and gave a grudging nod. “Yes, I guess you are. You married my wife’s father…so…” He grabbed me in a hug. “Sure thing…Dad.”

Looking around now, the town square only had those with the VUN here now.

“Let’s go home,” Colin said bringing me into a kiss. He looked over at Dragon and Gaius. “Let’s go Dragon, Gaius…come with us. You’re part of us now. Family stays together.” He waved at them to follow.

“Family? You mean me!?” Dragon repeated with his eyes widening a little. “You say, you think of me as family!?”

“You are! Both of you…you and Gaius are welcomed members of our family.” Colin nodded and smiled. “Didn’t you understand that?”

“We are friends I know, but…family?” Dragon asked again softer.

Colin grinned pushing me slightly toward Dragon. “You explain it to him, you’re better at it than I am.”

I chuckled. “There are some…there are vampires…way more than we imagined, but every now and then…a few stand out.” I began. “All of the ones from England are vampires. We love Edwin and Matt and the others. Wayne is from England, he’s family. There are the ones…like Burke, Willie…who is now my step-father and I call him Dad now, Amasis and Alex…they come to mean so much more to us. We make them a part of our family. Everyone needs family, you need family. Gaius has a son and family, Colin has Gabriella who is natural family, I have Mom, she’s natural family, Alex married Gabriella and Willie married Mom, but they were family before, but…we…Wayne and Amasis…now you and Gaius are different. However, the bonds are stronger with us. I feel it with you and Gaius. Don’t you feel that connection?”

Dragon looked away. “You know what I’ve done? You still want me in your family!?”

“Sure, we do…you and Gaius.” I nodded. “We love you both.”

“You never killed without a reason,” Colin added. “Not as a vampire just for blood or killed when human without reason. You said that and I know you told the truth. You both good, good men. We’d be honored to have you in the family.” He put his hands on my shoulders as he looked at Dragon and Gaius.

“I told you,” I said smiling. “You are welcome in our home…any time. You and Gaius. I meant it.”

Gaius smiled at Dragon. “I’ll always be at your side, Vlad. Whatever you decide, but I would like being part of this family.”

Real men don’t cry. Really? Who came up with that bullshit? Dragon was every bit a real man who wasn’t rubbing his face near his eyes clear a loose eyelash. Sand in his eyes maybe? Then he walked over and grabbed Colin and then me in a hug and kissed us both on the cheek. “Let’s go home, then.”

“Being coupled saves of bed space, too.” I pointed out as we headed back to the house we rented. “I wonder if either of them snore.” I said as Colin rolled his eyes, but drew me closer. “It happens, even you can snore.”

Colin raised his eyebrows. “I never hear me. I don’t believe you.” He grinned.

 

Eva’s eyes widened as she saw everyone come back.

“Is everything alright?” She asked using the translator. “You’ve been gone a while. I heard about what happened that night during the Halloween event.”

“We’re fine,” Colin told her. “If we need more groceries, we’ll get more. It’s morning so…”

“I can get whatever you need, but everyone here is staying?” She asked about the crowd now here.

“One additional couple, but yes.” Colin nodded. “You remember Dragon and Gaius.”

“We met briefly.” Eva nodded. “You’re a couple?”

Gaius nodded as he put his arm around Dragon’s waist which Dragon didn’t seem to mind. “We are.” He said proudly.

“Do you think we have room?” Mom asked.

Chuck offered. “I can sleep on a couch, it’s just me. I have a double bed.”

“That issue needs to addressed soon,” I commented lightly. “But that works, if you don’t mind.”

“Nah.” Chuck shrugged. “It won’t be the first time.”

“No!” Stan said quickly. “Since George and Burke went back to New York, we’ve moved into the room that they left, Mark and I can move back to where we were with Buddy. We’ll be comfortable there.”

“And there we go,” Colin said to Dragon, Gaius, and Chuck. “Nobody sleeps on a couch, Chuck. We’re good!”

Things now were very good. There would be questions we’d face from Agent Jacobs, we knew. Eva and another woman cooked some good meals in the past and now we were melding into a real family. The newest member would be fine now. Dragon, or Vlad was feeling the less pressure to lead. Gaius was happy to be with Vlad. Colin and I sat together and I looked at the many at our table. Vampire or human, we were a family.

Colin smiled at me as he ate. A meal at the table, no sandwich now. “I see it again.” He said to me.

“I like this. We did well.” I said waving at the others. “See what we’ve done!” I laughed. “I wanted to meet the real Dracula. Now, he’s a part of this family. Gaius, too. This is great!”

Colin leaned in kissing me. “I love you.”

Pressing our foreheads together. “I know. I love you.”

“Yes, you do.”

Blueblood 5 begins soon...as soon as I come up with a good title. Be patient.
Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 17
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Don’t look at me! I don’t come up with titles! I just come up with ideas for things that could happen! Things that I’d like to see happen. That’s a big part of why I’m a reader and not a writer!  ;-)

 

Be patient? But I want to open a gift now! I don’t want to wait until Santa comes! (Poor Santa, he only gets to come once a year!)  ;-)

Link to comment
13 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Don’t look at me! I don’t come up with titles! I just come up with ideas for things that could happen! Things that I’d like to see happen. That’s a big part of why I’m a reader and not a writer!  ;-)

 

Be patient? But I want to open a gift now! I don’t want to wait until Santa comes! (Poor Santa, he only gets to come once a year!)  ;-)

Aw, Poor Baby.  And don't give me that stuff...and I mean something harder...about not asking you about the title.  You give it anyway!  Back2basics and I are discussing it.  You add your opinion and I read it.

 

You were the kid that came down early Christmas morning to see what he got before everyone woke up, weren't you?  Well, this Santa is coming down, but not until he's ready.  Deal with it.  Love you!  :heart:

Edited by R. Eric
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I hope you can come up with the title soon, the story's been getting more and more interesting with every new part. I know that it's not easy to come up with a title so I'll give you the time to get one, as I'm starting to reread the whole story from the beginning, I think that by doing it this way I'm not really missing anything in fact I think I find out that I missed certain parts of each chapter by going back to reread the whole thing again. I'm glad that Dragon and Gaius are now considered to be part of the family. I hope that Robert does what he said and stays close to Marty to help him. I think it's great that Colin and Devon have told Robert that he might be able to work for either Holmes Labs or the VUN. Dragon's people should be able to handle things now without Dragon standing over them. I'm happy that Colin and Devon are going to help Robert if he needs it. Another great chapter, thanks for writing these great stories. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, R. Eric said:

You were the kid that came down early Christmas morning to see what he got before everyone woke up, weren't you?

Gifts from relatives were usually arranged around the tree as they arrived from around the country. Unless they were unusually large and difficult to store, gifts from ‘Santa’ (aka mom & dad) were hidden until after we went to sleep on christmas eve. Most years, we were allowed to chose a single gift each to open on christmas eve in an attempt to calm us down since we were so excited.

 

We weren't above shaking boxes to try to figure out what we were getting. My favorite Aunt believed that christmas was for toys and birthdays for clothes. My (Lesbian?) Aunt and her ‘roommate’ (two different women with very different personalities: one fun and sporty when we lived in Hawaii, the other more dour when we lived in San Diego and until 2009 for about 40 years!) were very generous, giving us gifts that included bikes and an outdoor swing set. Other relatives were generally much more practical and sent their impoverished relatives clothing for christmas.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Gifts from relatives were usually arranged around the tree as they arrived from around the country. Unless they were unusually large and difficult to store, gifts from ‘Santa’ (aka mom & dad) were hidden until after we went to sleep on christmas eve. Most years, we were allowed to chose a single gift each to open on christmas eve in an attempt to calm us down since we were so excited.

 

We weren't above shaking boxes to try to figure out what we were getting. My favorite Aunt believed that christmas was for toys and birthdays for clothes. My (Lesbian?) Aunt and her ‘roommate’ (two different women with very different personalities: one fun and sporty when we lived in Hawaii, the other more dour when we lived in San Diego and until 2009 for about 40 years!) were very generous, giving us gifts that included bikes and an outdoor swing set. Other relatives were generally much more practical and sent their impoverished relatives clothing for christmas.

Your family copied ours.  That's obvious from how you said the gift on Christmas Eve and those who thought of toys to give.  Only, I was the only gay one there...they didn't know it the time, but I was there.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

My (Lesbian?) Aunt has not and will never, ever admit that she’s a Lesbian. When I was younger, I never wondered about her roommates. She and they were nurses and not married. It never occurred to me that they were anything other than just friends and colleagues.

 

I don’t know if my mother was ever really aware of her sister’s probable orientation – she could be very oblivious about certain things. My (L?) Aunt and my mother were the closest in age and my (L?) Aunt moved across the country twice to live near us. Their middle sister is very independent and lives in Delaware, far from the rest of the family. Their youngest two sisters are very close to each other – the second youngest is my favorite Aunt. The youngest two didn’t really know my mother well since she was so much older and we only became close to my favorite Aunt because her daughter is my younger brother’s age and we visited each other frequently during the ‘70s. When my family moved back to the Bay Area, we started alternating holiday dinner hosting.

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, dutch woman said:

Blueblood 5: the unrafeling of (the mysteries) of V5H

That's GOOD!!!  Yes!  Ignore Drought and Basics!  I love this!!!  Thank you!!!  I should say...Dank u!

Edited by R. Eric
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I don’t think we’ll let you!  ;-)

No, you won't.  I'm glad!  Really!:glomp:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

No, our lovely lady from the Netherlands won me over.  Or, I'll say "De mooi dame uit Nederland.  Ik wilijd meer Nederlands gebruiken!  No Cyrillic needed!

I said, I always wanted to use more Dutch!:)

Edited by R. Eric
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, ReaderPaul said:

How about simply---  Bluebloods 5: The Mysteries of V5H?

 

Or, Bluebloods 5-- More mysteries.

Those could be options for BB6!  ;-)

 

Deze opties kunnen worden voor* BB6!  ;-)

 

 

* Machine translation is notorious for its inaccuracy, but Dutch is a close relative of English so I hope it’s not too bad.  ;-)

Link to comment

At the end of the day, Colin says, WE did good.  Oh what an understatement !!!!  Talk about a fictional story that insinuates into your life like  it was all real. What story does that to you ???? A darn awesome story that is Blueblood. Eric says we don't have to wait long for Blueblood 5. That means I don't have to buy myself anything for Christmas LOL. Merry Christmas to everyone. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Those could be options for BB6!  ;-)

 

Deze opties kunnen worden voor* BB6!  ;-)

 

 

* Machine translation is notorious for its inaccuracy, but Dutch is a close relative of English so I hope it’s not too bad.  ;-)

It was right..

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, R. Eric said:

No, our lovely lady from the Netherlands won me over.  Or, I'll say "De mooi dame uit Nederland.  Ik wilijd meer Nederlands gebruiken!  No Cyrillic needed!

I said, I always wanted to use more Dutch!:)

Thank you. I am reading stories here because I am addicted to reading but also to learn more English or American. It is nice to hear you are interested in Dutch.  So it is "Ik wil meer Nederlands gebruiken". Our language is difficult and I am better in mathematics than languages and you can see that my English is not perfect. But reading your stories  is easy and fun. Sometimes I use the translation button  to hear the pronounciation.

The Dutch language has he same alphabet as the English, is not Cyrillic. They are both Germanic languages. And the Dutch language is more and more taking up English words, which, personaly, is a shame.

I don't like: The Mysteries of V5H? or more mysteries? because George already know the mysteries. I thought at first 'analysing the V5H' but that also is not right. George did that too.  It is about why and how  so therefore unrafeling.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Those could be options for BB6!  ;-)

 

Deze opties kunnen worden voor* BB6!  ;-)

Dit kunnen opties zijn voor BB6!

 

 

* Machine translation is notorious for its inaccuracy, but Dutch is a close relative of English so I hope it’s not too bad.  ;-)

 

Edited by dutch woman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, dutch woman said:

 

The Dutch language has he same alphabet as the English, is not Cyrillic. They are both Germanic languages. And the Dutch language is more and more taking up English words, which, personaly, is a shame.

 

 

 

 

No, I have Cyrillic programmed.  I type in other languages.  I do in Russia and Ukrainian.  I do

 

I didn't with Dutch.   I was thrilled I did NOT have to use Cyrillic.  I use Russian and Ukrainian when write.  I'm happy when there's I language I don't have to use the Cyrillic alphabet .  Dutch is hard.  I've done Danish.  German, Ukrainian amongst others.  I'm thrilled I do not with Dutch, until now.  Russian!  interesting language.  They have a lot of cuss words.  I gave everyone lesson is North Meets South how to cuss.  Fluent in these, not as I want to be.  I'm using your suggestion in the title.  I publish Bluebood: Exposed.  The Secrets about V5H Revealed tonight.  That was your suggestion.  Now everybody will know.  Nu iedereen weet dat de titel!

Edited by R. Eric
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Okay short and sweet, I love this story 😘. Moving on to 5 now, knowing you I'm sure it will be great also.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/8/2018 at 11:12 AM, Will Hawkins said:

a ship without a rubber -  a ship without a rudder

A ship without a rubber could be disastrous! We all know how horny sailors get on long journeys. They’d all end up with whatever diseases any of them had when they boarded the ship!

Link to comment

Nice it was. Yet… while I’m no expert in Romanian, in Russian I am. And you fell into the trap called “50 types of declensions and inflections in Russian language, including gender-specific nouns, adjectives, and verbs”. Lucian says “любимая”, while Ilya (who doesn’t need the second i in his name according to traditional transliteration) was definitely “любимый”, for he was a man and not a woman, unless, of course, they did role-playing with Lucian in bed (and anyway it was rather Lucian who’d be a lady of the manor in this case…).

Then, in another place there was an indefinite form, and stiff sounding at that, very official, when Colin said to Ilya that they should stick to Russian.

Fane Jacobs doesn’t sound right to me, by the way. Fane is a diminutive of Ştefan (Shtefan, equivalent of Steven, in Russian the equivalent is Stepán, Степан), and you don’t usually address a ranking officer of national security by diminutive first name. It’s also unlikely for him to be Jacobs by family name. Considering he is about 60 in 2020s, he was born in Ceaușescu times, and there was little to no tolerance to English-sounding last names in that time and place. His career should have been started before the fall of the dictatorship, and he would not be admitted to the state security with such ancestry. Iacovescu, Iacovi — but not Jacobs.

So I urge all authors and readers to avoid blindly trusting machine translation, or at least use ChatGPT or DeepL, they are better versed in Russian grammar. Or seek a human expert, which I am, and I’d gladly help.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Dyor said:

I’d gladly help

And where have you been!? You are a decade of two late! (My toe is tapping in impatience.) I can't even write in English correctly. Cyrillic!? Forget it!

 

I'm very sarcastic and it's in fun. I seldomly get angry.

 

Love ya! :hug:

 

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..